Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

About 6 Million Questions Gah!!

#1   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:28 PM

You see, I got this game for my long car ride to Cape Cod. After 16 glorious hours, I am stuck on all fronts. And I am determined not to use a walkthrough. Although I would like a couple hints...:agitated:

Hokay, here goes:

1. Piers: I have gotten him out of jail, and people tell me he went over the Gondwanan(?) Cliffs, yet I can not get through. I am stuck after the part where you jump a lot over a lot of rocks. It seems to be a dead end.

2. The Broken Mast: How are you supposed to get the big rock off the mast of the broken ship in Alfaraha(or whatever)?

3. Madra Catacombs: I have gotten the Tremor Bit, and now what do I do? Namely, about the big red door in the deserted castle? And how do you get to the other end of the cavern?

4. Alhafera(you know) Cavern: I have gotten the first lot of treasure, and I can see more, but I can't get to it. Any help here?

5. Shrine of the Sea God: Uhhhh...How do you get through?

6. Mikalsa(that small town south of Garoh): I see a Fire djinni, yet I can't get to it. The explorer kid is thinking about some passageway at the back of his house that I completely fail to find.

These are all that I can think of right now, any help would be appreciated.

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

1. Piers in in Naribwe. Keep trying at Gondowan cliffs, there should be nothing to stop ou from crossing at this point.

2. You can't move the rock until you get the ship, sail south, beat Tundaria Tower, and get the Burst Broach.

3. There is a room in the ruined castle with a bookshelf that has a treasure chest on top of it. Use Tremor near the bookshelf and the chest will fall into a hole in the floor. Go to the floor below, open the chest and you'll get the key to the red door. Inside you'll find a summon tablet. (Moloch I think...)

4. I don't know of any Alhafara Cavern... I'll look this up.
      I've scoured the entire continent of Indra and found no such cavern. Check the name and get back to me.

5. Get the Sea God tear from the Dialia sanctum. (Use frost to get to the idol.) The use the Tear on the shrine in the cave.

6. There's some climbing and outside the box thinking involved, but I don't remember exactly. This too shall be looked up in time.
      Simpler than I thought. Use Scoop in the pen with the chicken and the sheep.

#3   Dasius 

• Squire
      • Pip
        • Interests:RPGs, bass guitar, prog-rock and the futility of man

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

by the alhafera cavern he means the mayors treasure room, you can't get the rest of the treasure until Briggs gets out of jail (after the mast is fixed)

#4   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:39 AM

Ah, okay. Many thanks to you all!

But how exactly do you get across the cliffs? I've tried everything to no avail. Do you need Frost or something?

#5   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

Found it! Use scoop next to the dog. then ride the waterspout up and do a bunch of stuff up there to knock a stump into the water. Then leapfrog on the rocks to the other side.

#6   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:23 AM

I've gotten to the other side, but its a dead end. There's a stupid tree blocking the way.

#7   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

There's a way around. Keep looking. Try the slide grooves, they're the best way.

#8   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

What ho! I found it! You have to jump across the gap. You know, I'm turning this thread into the "Duck has a question" thread.

Ahem: After getting Piers' boat where do you go?

#9   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

Head for the Apojji Islands. They are due east from where you set sail. You should beat both the Aqua Rock, and the Gaia Rock before you go in search of the three Trident pieces.

Did I ruin too much for you? ;)

#10   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

Not so much. This game could use a teensy bit more prompting, because I have no idea what I'm doing except "exploring" like Kraden told me to.

Aqua Rock: I'm stuck after creating the magic whirlpool thingy. There doesn't seem any place to go besides a treasure chest room.

Kimbombo: Do I ever get the special power that whatshisface didn't get? I'm pretty sure I have to use Cyclone on all those grass tufts in the cave, but I'm to lazy to try.

#11   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:35 PM

For Kibombo, you don't technically need the power until later in the game when you collect all the djinn. Dark Mages are extremely weak, and you're better off waiting until you can be a Necromage, which is a pretty sweet class.

You should've used Cyclone on the tufts ;) There is also a Venus Djinn there, which you need Cyclone to get.

#12   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

Hmmm...

1) How do I get the cow on that island southwest of the Sea of Time?

2) Who do I give the Red Cloth to (fancy bandana thing. I assume the cow, but I can't get to it...;) )?

3) How do I get past the booby trap on Treasure Isle?

4) In the desert south of Alfarha(that one city, you know), when you use reveal on the suspicious looking rockd, it turns in an arrow pointing at nothing. Am I supposed to be doing something there?

5) Where is Mr. Sunshine the blacksmith?

6) Ummm...I have the Trident am I am still not managing to get through to Lemuria...I have tried both entrances...

Where dost I go after getting the Trident?

#13   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

1. Sand
                            2. Cow
                            3. Grind
                            4. The arrow points to the dungeon that houses Valukar and the Daedalus summon tablet. You'll be able to enter once you have teleport.
                            5. West Yallam
                            6. The front entrance of Lemuria. If you citcled the little volcano things with your ship three times, the currents will stop for a moment. Use this as your chance to advance through the Sea of Time. Be aware that you will battle Poseidon at the end. Equip the Trident to someone fast, as none of your attacks will affect him until the Trident has been used.

#14   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

Marrrrrr ;), grind is not proceding to kill all those annoying rocks. Is there somewhere special I must go? I've tried north and south, now I'm attempting to go through Gondwannan cliffs. Any help?

#15   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:29 AM

Keep trying. Grind is what you need, you must've...
                                Sorry I really can't think of a way that you could've screwed this up.

#16   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

I'm on the ship, yes? I go to lets say north of Tunderia, yes? Now I go to:

Pysnergy
                                  -Felix
                                  -Grind

Stuff bounces a couple times, and nothing happens...

Also, I just noticed that Felix has a ponytail. Ewwwwwwwwww.

#17   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                    • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:16 PM

OMG do you know how many of those rock there are? Even if Grin worked on them It would take forever to get anywhere through them. The rocks are there because you're not supposed to be able to pass through those areas to limit your exploration of the world in concert with the plot. The rock you must grind is the one at Gondowan Cliffs. That will get you to the Great Western Sea.

#18   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

Go in between Gondowan and Indra to get there. It's a narrow strait, but when you get to Gondowan Cliffs you will be able to get through.

And remember to actually try to look around yourself before asking us. That's what makes the game fun!

#19   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:36 AM

Jupiter Lighthouse:

I'm at the pulsing little purple light groove thing. In that underground area near the begining of the lighthouse. If I cast Reveal on the thing, it stops pulsing...I have tried every Psynergy I have on it. I assume its not just there to look pretty. What is it there for? So far all I have found in that cavern is a Psynergy Stone, an angry plant, and a crapload of monsters...I am prevented going farther by a very large door that won't open.

Any hints?

#20   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

Hint:

Shaman Village.

You should know by now that, if you're stuck somewhere, the answer may be somewhere else.

#21   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

Ahhh, I see. I thought you needed Lift to get through that cave, and you get Lift from Isaac on top of Jupiter Lighthouse...I was very confused.

Hee hee hee...I like the innkepper's sign.

#22   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

Most apologies for the double post, but then no one would ever see this thing.

When I got the Dark Matter from Agatio on top of the lighthouse, my pockets were full. Then it said "Felix threw Dark Matter as far as he could" or something. Is that a problem?

The cannon Loho so conveniently provided my ship with is begining to fail at blowing up icebergs. In other words, HOW DO YOU BLOW THEM THANGS OUT OF THE WATER!!!!

Anyway....Is level a 33-38 hopelessly hopeless to fight the Star Magician? I stumbled on him by accident, and did kinda ok, sorta like a stalemate for like 20 turns, then I got bored and stopped trying.

#23   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

Darkmatter is just a forgeable item. There's millions of them. All they make is cursed stuff anyway, so you can only use them on one person even if you have a Cleric's Ring.

There's only one iceberg that you need to destroy and it's done automatically in a cutscene when you sail into the Northern reaches. In other words, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

It's not hopeless. I've beaten Star Magician with a level 38 party on hard mode. It was the toughest battle ever. (Well toughest I've won anyway... the toughest is level 38 party vs hard mode Dullahan. I have yet to win that one.)
                                                If you want to beat him, get ready for a stalemate of 60-90 turns. That's the only way to beat him and his wreched balls at such a low level. Bring lots of items too.

#24   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                                                  • Location:Your local pharmacist

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Well so far, its not going into a cut scene...I'm at the iceberg at the northeast end that seems to be blocking my way, and so far nothing has happened...

Ahhhh, ok. I wasn't far enough in...Problem solved!

That reminds me though, my Cleric's Ring isn't working either...Cursed stuff keeps getting welded to Garet's body, even though I have it equipped.

#25   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Cleric's ring prevents your characters from freezing in battle. You'll still have to go to a sanctum to get the items removed.

#26   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                                                      • Location:Your local pharmacist

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

Oh...darn. Well, I beat the game, now I'm off to get all those pesky djinn and summons. And all the fancy weapons. Why does it seem that most of the rocks are harder than lighthouses? With the exception of the boss battles, the rocks are a lot more difficult...Lighthouses might have you scratch your head, but the rocks will keep you up at night. Well, that's just my opinion. I guess this topic is done now. Except for the bone...the delicious dog treat. I've been carrying that thing around since I got it at the Kimbombo Pass, and have yet to find a use for it.

#27   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                                        • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.
                                                        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                                        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:38 AM

Dang you have a crapload of questions. Praise the Lord most of them have been answered. :P

You don't need the bone. And if you already beat the Doom dragon, you can forget about doing anything but battling in the arena.

Page 1 of 1
                                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                                        • You cannot reply to this topic