• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rush The Three Best Bands

#1   naracol 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rush are the three best bands they are so cool if you ever want to hear a good song listen to these songs

Led Zeppelin: GoodTimes Bad Times, Dazed and Confused, Bring it on Home(live)

The Who: My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard

Rush: 2112, A Passage To Bangkok, The Trees

These are really good songs listen to them

#2   isaac2112 

• Gallant
    • PipPipPip
      • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
      • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:01 PM

Hey,those happen to be my three favorite bands. Omg these bands are the best my my favorite is led zeppelin though

#3   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA watch

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:46 AM

View Postnaracol, on Jul 31 2006, 06:42 AM, said:

Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rush are the three best bands they are so cool if you ever want to hear a good song listen to these songs

Led Zeppelin: GoodTimes Bad Times, Dazed and Confused, Bring it on Home(live)

The Who: My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard

Rush: 2112, A Passage To Bangkok, The Trees

These are really good songs listen to them

Opinion, not fact. Thats all I have to say.

This appiles to both topics about Led Zeppelin and co.

#4   isaac2112 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
          • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

Whats your favorite bands, Watch?

#5   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
            • AKA watch

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:07 AM

Ataris, Bayside, Coheed and Cambria, Default, Finch, Fuel, Incubus, Linkin Park, Jimmy Eat World, Millecolin, My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, Sliverstein, Staind, Story of the year, Taking back sunday, 3 days grace, 3 doors down, Trapt.

To name a few.

Why do you ask?

#6   isaac2112 

• Gallant
            • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

I am just asking, I tend to have more of a taste for classic rock. But whatever you like is whatever you like. I was just curious to what your favorite bands were.

#7   Elliott 

• Cool
                • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

What an utterly pointless and mundane topic.

"OMG DIS BAND IS DA BEST LOL."

No, they're not, your a ****wit, grow up.

#8   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

Agatio, go flame somewhere else. If you dont like these bands that fine. but this is a topic for people who do like these bands. Your calling this a stupid topic? Your the one who posted on it. If you really thought this is stupid than don't post. Were are allowed to post a topic about what bands we think are the best.

#9   LittleMrJimmyJr 

• New User

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

These are quite enjoyable bands

#10   inthenameofDT 

• Gallant
                    • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

saw rush twice on the Snakes and Arrows tour, both were great shows

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic