Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No More Camelot Love For Nintendo? aka: maybe no sequel to golden sun

#1 Guest_salva_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

Camelot: Vorerst keine weitere Nintendo-Unterstützung

01.08.06 - Camelot wird vorerst keine weiteren Nintendo-Plattformen unterstützen und für diese Spiele herstellen. Das berichtet die Gemaga von einer Präsentation des japanischen Entwicklers, der heute ein Golfspiel für den PC vorstellte.

Camelot hat u.a. Shining Force III (Saturn), Golden Sun (GBA), Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA) und Mario Power Tennis (GC) hergestellt.

source: www.gamefront.de

Quick translation:
Japanese Gemaga reports from a Camelot presentation that they won't support Nintendo consoles anymore and won't make games for Nintendo consoles

TAKEN FROM GAF
------------------------------
so this probably means we might not see a Golden Sun sequel in a nintendo plataform :P

Topic moved. - MD

This post has been edited by Mars Djinni: 01 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

What about this..?

http://wii.ign.com/o...015/015822.html

#3   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

The date says it was just today. I'll see if I can check on Camelot's website for further info.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia....ftware_Planning

The wiki article claims the same thing. Camelot's done with GS.

In mid 2006 Camelot left Nintendo and joind Eleven UP Inc. to continue their work on the game I Love Golf. It doesn't look they will be making any more titles for Nintendo.

EDIT2:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%...n&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The Offical Website translated. They are working on "I Love Golf".

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

I noticed the date yes... I was just wondering if they would still pull through with the Wii game as their final game for Nintendo.

Well this sucks the big one. I wonder why Camelot made that decision, I haven't seen them make a game for anything BUT Nintendo. Save for SEGA which is quite dead.

#5   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

If I were them, then yeah, I'd go out with a bang and make one final masterpiece for Nintendo. think they'll regret it later on, with the Wii being what it is?

#6   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • Group: Veterans
            • AKA Me111

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

Well I'd say that was a right kick in the knickers.
            So GS is finito. Pretty sad but that was what most people had thought anyway. The gap between GS2 and any other game was getting pretty noticeable. Still there is always their last game to look forward to.
            Still, with the E3 news and now this, it's been a pretty bad time.

#7   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
              • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

Bah. I finally decide to look in the Golden Sun sections of the forum, and this is the news I see.

I don't know what Camelot hopes to gain by dedicating its resources to a PC Golf game. I would have thought the demand of fans everywhere would have led to another Golden Sun game, or at least another Nintendo title.

Dear, dear, what a terrible day...

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

...Damn. Big dissapointment.
                But don't forget, the rights to all Golden Sun content(characters, music, program...) belong to Nintendo. It says so when you complete TLA and Wiki confirms that too:
                http://en.wikipedia....do#Second-party

Though I don't think Nintendo will be bothered with continuing the franchise...

#9   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

They could pass it on to a worthy developer, or for once make a the game on their own, that Nintendo. It's slim, but GS isn't dead yet.

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

I've lost all hope. I've been positive about the fate of GS for a long time, and even after E3 I've kept saying that there WILL be a sequel. Now not only will there never be a new game in the franchise, but Isaac won't be a playable character in Brawl, either, even though I always thought there was quite a big chance of him appearing in the game. Most that we can hope for is to see a trophy of him. *weeps*

#11   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

Nintendo CAN pass the GS franchise to some one else.

I'd suggest Square Enix. Not sure if that could happen.

Gawd dammit though, it's just GS. I'll miss it as much as you guys but geez.

#12   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

I don't remember there ever being a big cahnce that they were gonna be in Brawl. It's just a GBA launch title. Nintendo may back it up with a better publisher, but I'm not counting on it.

#13   Neon 

• Disciple
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

a golden sun game made by a different developer would never be a golden sun game...

#14   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:53 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Aug 1 2006, 06:41 PM, said:

I've lost all hope. I've been positive about the fate of GS for a long time, and even after E3 I've kept saying that there WILL be a sequel. Now not only will there never be a new game in the franchise, but Isaac won't be a playable character in Brawl, either, even though I always thought there was quite a big chance of him appearing in the game. Most that we can hope for is to see a trophy of him. *weeps*

I feel you, Aquamarine. I kept insisting to myself that Nintendo would surprise us with another GS game, that it wouldn't be foolish enough to pass up on such a worthy franchise...

However, there is a slim chance that GS will be revived. Nintendo has done this once before. Remember that franchise called Metroid? It went dead for a few years until Nintendo enlisted the help of Retro Studios to revive it in the form of the Metroid Prime games.

And for the record, they were spectatular.

Therefore, I am predicting (though this is still unlikely...) that Nintendo will pass the franchise down to another developer. The game would not continue the story of Isaac, Felix, etc. but would instead take place in another universe, but still Golden Sun. Think Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, and you have the right idea.

Even so, however, the prospect is still bleak...

#15   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:43 PM

That wouldn't happen because Golden Sun was a creation of Camelot not Nintendo. I'm pretty sure it's like Banjo Kazooie etc by Rare, they leave Nintendo and take all their franchises with them.

That and it's heaps more likely that if Nintendo do keep the franchise, it will simply die and they won't put the effort into finding a new developer

#16   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

Well, besides Camelot saying that they're working on "I Love Golf", what other proof is there on that game? Kudo's to anyone who knows where I'm going with this. :P Besides, I'll still believe unless there isn't any info on it by next E3.

If I'm right, Golden Sun may not be so dead after all.

And about the reviving like what happened with Metroid, Golden Sun was the very first RPG for the GBA. That's pretty big in my books. And on top of that, there was a sequil, and both games sold very well. That's got to at least earn a glance by Nintendo. I mean, come on. They've done more outrageous things, like makeing a whole new 3rd party company just to make one game. ( Sora Ltd. and Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

#17   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

You are quite right Toasty, and I hope what you and GL say comes true.

Also, check this out:
                                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chara...olden_Sun#Isaac
                                  Look at the last paragraph of Isaac's info. IF he were to appear in Brawl, then maybe he would gain popularity(like Marth and Roy in Melee) and more people would want to see a third GS. Though I think it very unlikely for him to be included now.

#18   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

View PostMr.T, on Aug 2 2006, 04:12 AM, said:

Well, besides Camelot saying that they're working on "I Love Golf", what other proof is there on that game? Kudo's to anyone who knows where I'm going with this. :P Besides, I'll still believe unless there isn't any info on it by next E3.

If I'm right, Golden Sun may not be so dead after all.

And about the reviving like what happened with Metroid, Golden Sun was the very first RPG for the GBA. That's pretty big in my books. And on top of that, there was a sequil, and both games sold very well. That's got to at least earn a glance by Nintendo. I mean, come on. They've done more outrageous things, like makeing a whole new 3rd party company just to make one game. ( Sora Ltd. and Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Easy there. Sora Ltd. is the name of the company that Sakurai created when he left Nintendo, true, but Nintendo supposedly created another company for Brawl.

Wikipedia: "Sakurai is working on Brawl for the Wii and that Nintendo has specifically made a new development team around Sakurai himself. Whether any involvement from Sora Ltd. exists is unknown."

So, possibly.

And yes, the Golden Sun license has potential, and it would sell. I don't think Nintendo would forget that...

But seeing the link that Aquamarine provided, it appears that Isaac is received great support for his inclusion in Brawl. I think, realistically (but still a slim chance), the best we can hope for in terms of Golden Sun is Isaac's inclusion in Brawl, and perhaps a trophy or two dedicated to Golden Sun.

#19   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:33 PM

I don't know. I still don't think he's gonna be in there even as a trophy. It just doesn't feel right. Then again, they made references to Mario Golf (Peach's golf club, etc), so Camelot is in Super Smash Bros. recognition. Only time will tell.

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

About Golden Sun being revived like Metroid was: Metroid was more popular and better selling than GS. It had more games in the series before they stopped making it, and it was made by Gunpei Yokoi, one of Nintendo's leading producers back then(he was as important as Shigeru Miyamoto). Nintendo saw in the end how important it was for them to have a more realistic and mature game than Mario, Zelda and the rest of their titles, so they made Metroid Prime. Ninty already has enough RPG's(Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Earthbound).

Oh well, one can still hope...

#21   Mindpatch 

• Berserker
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:29 PM

For a moment the world went dark and rain ticks against my window, for the earth is crying, this tragic end. If we keep the fanbases alive, we will prove Isaac and the rest of his crew a last honor.

#22   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA Me111

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

It's a lot of wishful thinking really. I think there are chances of GS trophies in Brawl, but not characters. I know GS is popular but not quite popular enough for a character to be included. Then again he was a popular choice as Aqua showed.

#23   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Aug 2 2006, 01:57 PM, said:

About Golden Sun being revived like Metroid was: Metroid was more popular and better selling than GS. It had more games in the series before they stopped making it, and it was made by Gunpei Yokoi, one of Nintendo's leading producers back then(he was as important as Shigeru Miyamoto). Nintendo saw in the end how important it was for them to have a more realistic and mature game than Mario, Zelda and the rest of their titles, so they made Metroid Prime. Ninty already has enough RPG's(Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Earthbound).

Oh well, one can still hope...
                                              I think the Gunpei Yokoi was hit and killed by a car, and that's why they stopped making Metroid, until N64's inclusion of Samus in SSB got attention.

Pokemon's a weak and repetitive RPG, FE's not technically an RPG, Earthbound is more known in Japan, and the only game that shipped anywhere else did not sell well. Nintendo NEEDS more real RPGs. I think Golden Sun's their best shot, but I don't think it'll happen.

#24   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA Me111

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 2 2006, 09:12 PM, said:

Pokemon's a weak and repetitive RPG, FE's not technically an RPG, Earthbound is more known in Japan, and the only game that shipped anywhere else did not sell well. Nintendo NEEDS more real RPGs. I think Golden Sun's their best shot, but I don't think it'll happen.

Golden Sun is probably their best shot, but now that there are more Final Fantasy games being made for them (e.g. the remakes made on GBA) perhaps they're using that to replace GS? Just a thought.

#25   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                                                  • Location:Your local pharmacist
                                                  • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

Not to crush all your peoples dreams, but I'd say Golden Sun is pretty much finished. If I'm wrong, feel free to spit in my face and laugh at me.

Also, some highly uselessfull information on Golden Sun and The Lost Age.

#26   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                    • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

Wind Dude summed it up quite well. In fact, the last time there has been an originial true RPG on a Nintendo system, as far as I remember, is Tales of Symphonia for GameCube, and that was developed by Namco, a 3rd party. Nintendo needs an exclusive RPG on the merits of Golden Sun.

But the more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems...

#27   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Max made a new post in the Site News you guys should check out.

Golden Sun truly is the best shot. The idea and the world of Golden Sun is vast and inventive, their really is a lot that you can do with it.

#28   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                        • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

So now we're talking about a project on hold as opposed to a complete stop in progress. Once the gete is out of Camelot's hands, I'm sure they'd be willign to give any further info on a new RPG. We sure as hell need a new true RPG for Nintendo.

To clarify with WD's post, both Pokemon and Fire Emblem are Strategy-RPG games, which only have a story mode to show for the RPG side.

#29   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:35 AM

The only good RPG's by Nintendo I've played are, of course, Zelda and Golden Sun. Other than those two, there really aren't any other good RPG's for Nintendo. But I guess you could call Metroid Prime an RPG.

#30   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                            • Location:Aussieland

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:48 AM

Golden Sun is an RPG
                                                            Zelda is an adventure game (with RPG elements i guess you could say)
                                                            And Metroid is also and adventure game that has become an fps of sorts. MP2 has a bit of an rpg feeling though...

So Golden Sun is the only RPG there. Pokemon is also an rpg but lets face it, that series kinda sucks now...
                                                            *hides from angry masses*

#31   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

*is in the angry masses* :P

WD, how can you say that Pokemon is "weak" when it's one of Nintendo's best selling franchises!? You can't call it "weak" just because you don't like it, you have to see how popular it is. Every two new games in the main series sold better than the previous ones.

I think the Gunpei Yokoi was hit and killed by a car, and that's why they stopped making Metroid, until N64's inclusion of Samus in SSB got attention.

That is true. Before his death he was fired because he was the one to create the VirtualBoy, which sold very badly and was very bad for everyone's health. He was fired even though he created GameBoy, the most succesful console ever. Nintendo is quite ungrateful...

#32   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                • Joined: 28-March 04

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:05 PM

Hmm, I thought he himself resigned out of shame from the VirtualBoy's failure.
                                                                But yes, even so, Gunpei Yokoi created the GameBoy, and for that alone he should be honored.

Anyway, going back on topic...

"Nintendo fans up in arms may want to wait for further clarifications before rioting. Evidently there is some confusion -- even among Japanese reports -- about the specifics of this news. Some Japanese outlets are reporting that Camelot will no longer support Nintendo platforms and others are reporting that the announcement only relates to this single game and that Camelot will still be making future Nintendo products."

Taken from IGN. So clearly, there is still some confusion about the news.

#33   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 9,159
                                                                  • Joined: 06-April 05
                                                                  • AKA Me111

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

Basically we should wait for the official reports from Nintendo right?

#34   Max 

• Administrator
                                                                    • Posts: 1,837
                                                                    • Joined: 26-January 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Philadelphia

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

Yes, like I said in the latest news post, it would be best if everyone just waited for official word (in English) from one of the two companies before we jump to any conclusions.

#35   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 3,798
                                                                      • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                                      • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

Mhm. Most of the English news that suggests this is worded like a big fat "Maybe" anyways.

#36   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 4,671
                                                                        • Location:...
                                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:09 AM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Aug 3 2006, 09:05 PM, said:

Hmm, I thought he himself resigned out of shame from the VirtualBoy's failure.
                                                                        But yes, even so, Gunpei Yokoi created the GameBoy, and for that alone he should be honored.

Dang, I got it all mixed up. Yes, he did resign himself, because after the VirtualBoy was released and failed everyone in Nintendo started treating him with disrespect. Poor guy, though I can't see how he thought the VirtualBoy would be succeesful.

Sorry for straying off topic.

"Camelot Software Planning's next game will not debut on any Nintendo platform, according to reports out of Japan. The developer, which is best known for its Mario sports titles including Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, as well as the original Hot Shots Golf and the hit Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, is reportedly focusing on a single project for the PC platform."

That should prove to everyone that GS WAS a very well-selling franchise. I think that just makes a new GS appearing a bigger possibility, since both Camelot and Nintendo knows that it would be a hit, just like it's prequels. Hopefuly.

#37   Toasty 

• Posts: 12,421
                                                                          • Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:10 AM

Not to mention that most of the time when you see "Camelot" or" RPG and GBA" together, you also see "Golden Sun" :P

#38   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • AKA Me111

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Aug 4 2006, 12:09 PM, said:

"Camelot Software Planning's next game will not debut on any Nintendo platform, according to reports out of Japan. The developer, which is best known for its Mario sports titles including Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, as well as the original Hot Shots Golf and the hit Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, is reportedly focusing on a single project for the PC platform."

That should prove to everyone that GS WAS a very well-selling franchise. I think that just makes a new GS appearing a bigger possibility, since both Camelot and Nintendo knows that it would be a hit, just like it's prequels. Hopefuly.

As much as I'd like to agree, I think that Camelot have finished with GS. The way that The Lost Age finished was very final. If they kept making new sequels and prequels the popularity of the series would eventually go down if the games didn't keep improving everytime that they were released, meaning that the fanbase would decrease. That's my view anyway.

#39   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                              • Posts: 6,607

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

View PostMe111, on Aug 4 2006, 11:38 AM, said:

As much as I'd like to agree, I think that Camelot have finished with GS. The way that The Lost Age finished was very final. If they kept making new sequels and prequels the popularity of the series would eventually go down if the games didn't keep improving everytime that they were released, meaning that the fanbase would decrease. That's my view anyway.

What do you mean, "if they keep making new sequels and prequels"? There are only two games out, and all we're asking is for a third.

I'm not suggesting Golden Sun become the next Final Fantasy or Zelda (though in my opinion, it's just as good as those games), but at least for one more installment.

#40   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

View PostMe111, on Aug 4 2006, 05:38 PM, said:

Zelda has quite a few sequels, and not every new game is better then the last one. Wind Waker isn't as good as Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, and most people say that MM isn't as good as OOT(though I don't agree with that).

#41   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • AKA Me111

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Aug 4 2006, 06:12 PM, said:

What do you mean, "if they keep making new sequels and prequels"? There are only two games out, and all we're asking is for a third.

Yes but surely once you'd got the third, you'd want more? I know I would. It would keep going like that, at least that's what I think.
                                                                                  Feel free to poke holes in my theory. :P

#42   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

Wow, that sure got me thinking. :P

If that's the case, then every single game out there would have a sequel.

The point is, we're not even at the stage yet where we can hope for more. All we have is a lingering hope of just ONE other Golden Sun game, let alone a whole lot of them.

#43   Toasty 

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:55 AM

One more is enough for me. :P

#44   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                        • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                        • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

Golden sun? What game is that? TALES OF THE ABYSS PS2. Pick it up when it hits North America in September.

Someone want to fill me in on what the hell Camelot hopes to get out of making a cheap ass Golf game for the PC? Nothing because no one cares about Golf unless it's a Mario version of golf or some or carzy nintendo character. Besides.....WHO PLAYS GOLF ON THEIR PC?

#45   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

Camelot is releasing the game with a new online service in Japan. They expect the service (which is called something like "G Entertainment" or whatnot) to be very popular...

#46   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                            • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                            • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                            • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

It's golf....can Golf really be that interesting in Japan? It'll just turn itno a massive chatroom.

#47   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                              • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:11 PM

Seriously. Mario Golf... Pangya... now another Camelot Golf game... I don't get it.

#48   Toasty 

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:55 PM

Golf has to be one of the most boring sports ever developed. But then again, golf courses in Japan are very rare and expensive due to lack of space, so this could be a big thing in Japan....

#49   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

Now, wouldn't it be great if Camelot ported it over to Wii... I know it will already have Pangya golf and Wii Sports, but at least Camelot would show support for Wii that way, and would sell more units.

#50   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

You know what would be really cool, instead of Camelot porting I Love Golf! to the Wii? If they made a Golden Sun 3 for the Wii. Yeah, now that is what I call cool...

Mr. Obvious

#51   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

As a small development company, I would imagine that Camelot found the subscription-based model of their new golf game to be appealing. Instead of just getting a cut of off-the-shelf sales of a normal game, they probably get a cut of the monthly subscription fees for this game. So they make money when people buy the game, and then more money as people continue to play it.

So for a little bit more development time, they make a significantly larger amount of money (assuming enough people subscribe to it).

#52   Toasty 

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

Well knowing how Japenese have few courses in their country, it should sell very well in Japan.

#53   Joshua Johnson 

• Knight
                                                                                                        • PipPip
                                                                                                          • Posts: 131
                                                                                                          • Joined: 08-August 06

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

Well... It's not entirely FINAL on whether or not they're going to make a GS3... So don't worry until they actually announce it. Then we can go to their doorsteps and hold them hostage protest.

#54   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

Haha, this guy's smart!

Yeah, you can't exactly say they WON'T make it until they actually up and say "We won't make a GS3, nubs!!!"

Then the hate mail trickles in and they lose lotsa money when people boycott their games.

#55   Joshua Johnson 

• Knight
                                                                                                            • PipPip
                                                                                                              • Posts: 131
                                                                                                              • Joined: 08-August 06

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

YES! And then can we take hostages and eat them until they give in protest!

But seriously, these topics are almost pointless when it's still unknown. Anyway, the golf game'll be profitable, but not as much here...

#56   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, yeah. And that was spam.

And the stupid "get new post" button went past the other posts above me, so I didn't see the bit about the golf game.

I can see this game being more profitable, and for that I support it. If they make more money like this, we could get a really good, shiny RPG.

OR, they use it to expand their succesful golf game...

#57   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

View PostJoshua Johnson, on Aug 8 2006, 06:22 PM, said:

Well... It's not entirely FINAL on whether or not they're going to make a GS3... So don't worry until they actually announce it. Then we can go to their doorsteps and hold them hostage protest.

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 8 2006, 07:28 PM, said:

Haha, this guy's smart!

Yeah, you can't exactly say they WON'T make it until they actually up and say "We won't make a GS3, nubs!!!"

Then the hate mail trickles in and they lose lotsa money when people boycott their games.

Good call there. That's exactly why we're in this situation, it's because we don't know the official answer either way.

#58   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:58 AM

How come no website and/or magazine in the entire world knows what actually happened and what the real reason for them abandoning Nintendo(at least for now) is? Weird stuff dude!

#59   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

It's possible (just speculation on my part) that IF Camelot is producing a title for Nintendo (notice the emphasis on the 'if'), then they've been on a non-disclosure agreement for some time now, where Camelot does not reveal its game until a specific time.

#60   Toasty 

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

Then that also means that IF they're still making a game for nintendo, that it's going to at least be big.

#61   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

I was under the impression that Nintendo would be announcing most of their launch titles by the end of this month, so we will at least know whether Camelot will have a game out at the start. If they won't, then I imagine it could be awhile before we see a game from them on a console again.

#62   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

Everything seems to hinge on the upcoming Game Conference in Leipzig, Germany, set to take place on August 23rd. According to IGN, Nintendo will not only disclose its launch line-up, but will also reveal never-before seen titles for the Wii.

#63   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

Nintendo also said they were going to announce the launch date and price before September. Obviously, it will be in Leipzig. Man, there sure will be a lot to find out in 9 days! Let's just hope...

#64   Toasty 

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

This means in nine days, I can preorder! Woo! :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic