Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Do You Want To See In Gsw?

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

So, as most of you know, I helped out with some of the sprite ripping for GSW in the last server test. Now we have the full parties from both games, along with all the major villains, as well as Kraden. So, who else is there?

That's where you guys come in. I want to know which characters you think are important enough that they should be included in GSW. Who do you think you should be able to play as?

Mind you, I don't have as much free time as I used to, so don't go listing a dozen characters you want to see in the game, but see if you can narrow your choice to one or two characters that you think are an absolute must. It's not much, but it's something that we can do to help move GSW along while Max can't code. You guys name the character, and I'll see what I can do. :P

#2   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

Preferable GSW itself at this point.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

LOL pHantOm.

I think two important characters are Babi and Hamma, but I don't see why anyone would chose them... Who knows.

#4   Max 

• Administrator
          • Group: Admin

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:27 AM

pHantOm, I hear you, believe me. I did some work on the server end of GSW this weekend, and made a pretty big breakthrough. But I still don't have time for full-blown development at this point in time, it'll have to wait until Spring.

But with regards to this topic: As I have told Blink in the past, if he can find named characters with walking sprites in all the directions, I'd be happy to include them into the game. So please offer up suggestions, and you may just be able to see them in the next GSW release.

#5   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

Pick two:

Old man/old woman
            Babi
            Sunshine
            Dog
            Cow
            Penguin
            That witch doctor dude.
            Soldier

If I had to choose, it would be the witch doctor dude and the cow.

#6   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

omg, you need some kind of item prize that turns us into the penguin, lol

#7   Blink 

• Disciple
                • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

So, so far it's...

Babi : 2
                Hamma : 1
                Sunshine : 1

Ironically, I have tried to get both Hamma's and Sunshine's sprites already, and I've come very close, but haven't been able to find long enough periods of time with them walking in each direction to get all the sprites. I haven't tried Babi before though, and he should be easy enough. I'll see what I can do.

And yes Max, that's the point. I want to see how many people the community can think up that I haven't, and I want their selection to be narrowed to most wanted, because then they'll be sure to bring out a named character.

(oh, and guys, I've ripped most of the sprites FlamingDuck suggested already, but those won't be playable since they're generic characters, the best rank they can reach in GSW would be NPC)

#8   Sothe 

• Squire
                • Pip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

Feizhi and Eoleo.

If there is a Golden Sun 3, and it's not 100+ years in the future, they are the two most likely (known) characters to be playable. Since Eoleo is only a baby in TLA, his sprite may be hard to implicate. So I guess my suggestion is Feizhi.

(I've never played GSW, so I apologize if either of them are already implimented)

#9   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Veterans
                    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:11 AM

I don't think they have, but I havn't played it yet either. At this point, I've gotten used to waiting. Any time is good.

As for characters, Kraden! .....and ISAAC'S MOM!....I mean, uh, yeah......
                    But seriously. I know Kraden hs the sprites, but I don't know about Isaac's mum.

#10   Legendary Dragon of Golden Sun 

• Squire
                    • Pip
                      • Interests:Dinosaurs, Dragons, the Halo Series, Golden Sun series and many more things!

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:27 AM

I don't know really, Sataros and Menardi or possibly a boss character? But you are adding in fighting it seems so I don't really know. And anyway Isaac is my favourite so I am ok at the moment.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic