• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having Problems - Help!

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

We purchased a new computer and I've been trying for a couple of days to get Firefox. But for about a week now, I haven't been able to download anything!

When I click the "Run" or "Save" button for any download, the download box opens but after about 20% of the .exe downloads, it just stops. There is no explanation, it appears to keep working. But hours later, it is still working.

Also today, I found out that my podcasts are doing the same thing. They download a little ways, but then stop. I haven't been able to get anything downloaded, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

#2   pHantOm 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:28 PM

Hmmm

Perhaps you have either a virus that caught your computer before you got some good anti-virus on it, or your firewall configuration is still goofy.

Secondly, are pod-casts free?

#3   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
        • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

Yes, podcasts are free. As for downloads, the only thing I can think of is that you don't have the permissions to download stuff...We sometimes have that problem with iTunes, but I have no idea why.

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:35 PM

That happens to me every once in a while, but our computer is slow and outdated, so it's easily explainable. As for you, probably your firewall is funky. I'd suggest going to internet options, then privacy, and then set it to accept all cookies, that it, if your using IE. I'm not sure if that'll work though, it's usually for if a page refuses to load.

#5   Blink 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

Clearing out your cache might help, it could be causing problems because it thinks its done loading. Have you reinstalled firefox? That could do the trick. There's some other solutions, but I've never really had problems, so I haven't looked into it that much. Definately browse around the Firefox website.

#6   Caael 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, I suggest system restore. But it doesnt solve everything.

Sometimes the problem with those things is that something has been disabled as a PC default. I've had that problem lots. Going into control panel and enabling lots tends to help

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:44 AM

I'd like to get Firefox, but I can't download it! I'm kinda stuck right now. We're going to investigate if it's something at our providers end. If not, we'll just do a system restore.

Another question, if I have ripped CDs using iTunes, and I uninstall iTunes, will I lose the music from the CDs I ripped?

#8   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                  • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                  • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:28 PM

You shouldn't if they're in a folder, which they should be. But just to be sure, make a new folder and transfer all your songs by copying the current folder and pasting it into the new one.

#9   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

I did a System Restore and everything's working fine now. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic