• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PS3 Discussion

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

It's not fair to give the Wii a whole topic dedicated to it, I think, so here is the official PS3 topic, for everything relating to Sony's next generation system.

That said, by far the games I'm most looking forward to, are Final Fantasy XIII/Versus, and the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 3.

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:01 AM

*prays that KH3 magically comes to Wii* I don't think the consols really care if the Wii has a topic and the PS3 doesn't. :D

The best thing about the PS3 though, has to be it's power. The 360 is great and all for media, especially since you can turn it into a 'media hub', but the PS3 has enough power to do 7 times as much as the 360. And then there's the games. FFXII, KH3 (mabey), Grand Turismo 5,000,000,000, and a few others that escape my mind. Hopefully by the time it comes out, the blu-ray player will be more refined (i.e. no more 30 second wait for it to 'warm up', or any other pauses).

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

All the developers say that the PS3 and 360 have the same power in their eyes, which probably means that the PS3 IS more powerful, but it is impossible to achieve better graphics and everything else than the 360 has. At least for now.

Now that the PS3 practically doesn't have any more exclusive titles there isn't a lot of reason to purchase one, if you ask me. The exclusives now are Tekken, Metal Gear and Gran Turismo. I think that's it, and I hate Tekken(which is strange, since I love Soul Calibur), and Metal Gear and Gran Turismo aren't really my cup of tea.

But I really wish the Final Fantasy that is being made for the PS3, 360 and PC would be released for Wii. I also wish Kingdom Hearts 3 was made for Wii.

#4   Eugine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

Around 2008, everyone is going to forget the Wii and stick to the PS3/Xbox 360, more so the PS3... trust me ^^

... and, there's alot more exclusive titles for PS3 than you think. If you had a PS2, you'd be screaming for joy when they're released.
          They are:
          Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII/Versus, Grand Turismo 5*, Heavenly Sword*, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier*, Killzone 3*, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motor Storm*, Ratchet and Clank 5*, Tekken 6, The Getaway*
          ... and that's just a handful.

Yeah, we lost GTA, Virtual Fighter and Assassin Creed, but oh well, companies are producing titles multiplatform to gain profit. It makes no sense making games for one system that only has what? 1 million systems out... In the future I'm sure it'll be PS once again ^^

*, all great games published by Sony. and most of you here never give credit to Sony for those excellent games =_=.
          Well, Im not surprised since most of them aren't really your type of games. But saying Sony's only in the gaming market to make money, when it has made so many excellent games is just unreasonable >.<. Sony made Resistance: Fall of Man too 'eh

The playstation can be said as the system that made gaming noticed and, I think the PS3 is going to do even more of that, it will help establish formats and technology (blu-ray and the cell), something Nintendo (blaaah) will never be able to do. Gaming, playstation has now been to the level where it can determine the direction technology goes.
          Blah, I could go on a rant about the PS3, but most of yall only see the bad things Sony has done and never appreciates the good things (which, this past decade is much more than Nintendo and Microsoft has ever done to gaming combined... but don't get me wrong, Nintendo did alot before the playstation was released).

#5   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:34 PM

There is one fundamental problem with the PS3, and that is when you try to explain why the PS3 is better to people who aren't 'electronically inclined', you really can't. The advantages are complex, even to the casual gamer. The games lineup doesn't look like it will be better than the 360's (not for a while at least). But the PS3 is built to last, and will outlast the Wii for sure, and probably the 360.

#6   Eugine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:41 PM

True.

That's why Sony created the PLAYB3YOND series. Though people are saying 'Lets see the games and not the PS3!"
              What people don't recognise, the PS3 is a complex machine (probably the most complex consumer device ever), and educating people about the PS3 is the first step Sony has to do, but most never bother watching them... but then Sony is getting terrible at advertising :'(
              These here are excellent ads Sony made for the PS2, seems like they're changing from "enlightening" and modest to more "our products rule!" ads

But, anyone on this forum has a PS3? Seems like no one has one.

#7   Lemontime 

• Disciple
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:55 PM

View PostEugine, on Dec 27 2006, 06:16 AM, said:

... and, there's alot more exclusive titles for PS3 than you think. If you had a PS2, you'd be screaming for joy when they're released.
                They are:
                Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII/Versus, Grand Turismo 5*, Heavenly Sword*, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier*, Killzone 3*, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motor Storm*, Ratchet and Clank 5*, Tekken 6, The Getaway*
                ... and that's just a handful.

You outline "Just a hanful" but nearly 80% of them are sequels, or have been released on the PS2 or another console. The Getaway, for instance, sucked in the first place. Metal Gear Solids are just getting boring. There's already been 5 other tekkens, why release another one? Gran Turismo 5 doesn't exist. It's Grand Turismo HD, I do believe. Final Fantasy THIRTEEN?! They're all pretty much the same anyway.. Killzone one wasn't very entertaining, and was there even a killzone 2? I got no jibs with the others.

View PostEugine, on Dec 27 2006, 11:41 AM, said:

What people don't recognise, the PS3 is a complex machine (probably the most complex consumer device ever), and educating people about the PS3 is the first step Sony has to do, but most never bother watching them... but then Sony is getting terrible at advertising :'(

Scientific calculators give me the jeeblies.

#8   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:02 PM

Come on, stop being hypocritical, there's dozens of Zelda out and you love them... Doesn't TP fall in the same formula yet you want it? (or maybe even have it) >.<

... and the Getaway wasn't all that, but it didnt sucked, was worth playing actually... MGS3 was probably one of the best PS2 games I played, excellent story, everything... Sony canned GT HD (was a downloadbale GT) to go into GT5 full force.
                  But that paragraph was just intended to find fault with the PS3 >.<

#9   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

Indeed it was. Good observation.
                    True there HAVE been alot of Zeldas, but each one is BRILLIANT! This sounds very fanboy, but it's true. When I first played Wind Waker I wasn't able to pry my eyes from the screen untill the early hours of the morning. When I played Oracle of Ages/Seasons I got a sore neck for a couple days. They're just that good!
                    No game on any sony console has ever done that for me, except maybe the multiplayer in Battlefield 2. Other than that, the slow load times and high prices of sony games have just kept me away. And their crappy pressure sensitive buttons on their controllers. The new ones don't even vibrate, it's stupid! They just needed to scrap the whole pressure thing and they'd be good =]

#10   Toasty 

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

The difference between FF and LoZ, is that LoZ doesn't get old. Besides, FF has had way too many titles. It's like telling a good joke too many times. It dies and loses it's funnyness.

Yes, the PS3 is really powerful, it's got blu-ray, the whole cell brodband proscessor bit, the works. The difference is, you don't need all that extra power, blu-ray sucks at the moment, the proscessor has a higher chance of breaking down, and all of it's added bonuses are just dead weight. As of now, you can forget about buying a PS3 for 6 months, since the current shipment is all screwed up. The demo at the EB games store in Washington square (which is in Portland Oregon) doesn't even turn on. It arrived a couple weeks ago. The Wii demo there? It still runs like it's brand new, and it's been there a month. It's even been played more than the PS3.

Even when the new shipment of PS3's come in, I highly doubt it'll get a ton of attention. Mainly because it screwed up the first time and few people are forgiving nowadays, but also because it still doesn't have a good lineup of games. Compare it to the 360, which is also $200 cheaper. Now compare it to the Wii, which is $350 cheaper. The 360 has Halo 3, one of the best games of all time (and that's not just my opinion), GoW, one of the most anticipated games of the year, and also a very good selling one too, Resistance: Fall of man, yet another great game, Full Auto 2, and many others. The Wii has LoZ:TP, very well selling and highly anticipated, excite truck, and in the near future: SMG, MP3:C, and SSBB. The PS3? Well Sibsag explained all that already.

I'm not saying the PS3 is a crappy system, well, the current ones are, I'm just saying the other systems have way better games, and so they're more worth the money.

#11   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:53 AM

Resistance: Fall of Man is a PS3 game developed by Sony ^^

#12   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:29 AM

But there is no "system seller", so to speak. Xbox had Halo, 360 has Gears of War. GameCube had Melee, Wii has Zelda. PS3 has Resistance: Fall of Man, admittedly a good game, but not necessarily pushing systems (if there are even any systems out there, as of now).

#13   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:44 AM

Sony totally ****ed themselves up with the PS3. I'm not talking fanboyish here, since I admit that Microsoft has a brilliant plan and that the games on the 360 are good, I'm talking realisticaly.

I absolutely have no idea why they decided the PS3 needs ultra-super-cool graphics, since the PS and PS2 were the best selling in their generations, but had the worst graphics. Making the PS3 so powerful is obviously already a huge mistake considering that the processor has a relatively high chance of breaking down, they don't have a decent amount of consoles, it is being released in Europe and Australia much later than Japan and America, and of course the price.

Eugine, you say that the PS3 has many more exclusives when counting the PS2 games, but I'm not counting them for a few reasons; If I wanted to buy a console for PS2 games I wouldn't get a pricey PS3, but a normal PlayStation 2. Also, many of the PS2 games don't even work on the PS3, so it's as if the PS3 only has a few of the good games.

#14   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Dec 27 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

Sony totally ****ed themselves up with the PS3. I'm not talking fanboyish here, since I admit that Microsoft has a brilliant plan and that the games on the 360 are good, I'm talking realisticaly.

I absolutely have no idea why they decided the PS3 needs ultra-super-cool graphics, since the PS and PS2 were the best selling in their generations, but had the worst graphics. Making the PS3 so powerful is obviously already a huge mistake considering that the processor has a relatively high chance of breaking down, they don't have a decent amount of consoles, it is being released in Europe and Australia much later than Japan and America, and of course the price.

Eugine, you say that the PS3 has many more exclusives when counting the PS2 games, but I'm not counting them for a few reasons; If I wanted to buy a console for PS2 games I wouldn't get a pricey PS3, but a normal PlayStation 2. Also, many of the PS2 games don't even work on the PS3, so it's as if the PS3 only has a few of the good games.

Even though I'm a Nintendo fanboy, I'm going to disagree on one point here.

Why does the PS3 need "ultra-super-cool graphics"? Well, why shouldn't it? Sony has built the PlayStation name for the past decade. It's a powerful brand, and what better way to ensure that your product will last than to include technology that is years ahead of its time?

Yes, Sony is doing a lot of things differently this time. It's not launching first. The price is outrageous for a game console. There are barely any consoles to go around.

But give it time. There's a reason why Sony is on top. The next year is going to be the true test among the three systems, and Sony is going to play a big role.

#15   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

Honestly, the PS3's a risky system I admit... but sony had to do this to turn around its entire company. playstation dominated gaming since its release and Sony is using this to its advantage.

Of course Sony is going to lose market share in the gaming market, but this loss will cause its other divisions to experience success it would have never experienced.

Lets assume Sony removed the cell, blu-ray and went the direction the 360 went, just using parts found on a computer x.x. Sony is one of the most efficient manufactures in the world, so the PS3 would have been produced fairly quickly... giving them a chance of keeping their market share, but that would have come at a price to the other divisions...

You know how many people bought a HD Sony TV because of the PS3?
                                You know how many people bought blu-ray movies because of the PS3?
                                You know how cheaper blu-ray is going to get because of the PS3?
                                You know how cheaper the cell production is going to get because of the PS3?
                                You know how much companies backed blu-ray because of the inclusions in the PS3?
                                read this btw, great article on blu-ray

I know this expensive and unproven technology in the PS3 is giving gamers headache, and definetly giving Ninty and MS a chance to uproot Sony, but if the PS3 is successful, its going to help the entertainment sector, not just gaming and it'll definetly give Sony the turn around it needs on a whole to retake Samsung.
                                I know it was a risky decision, but success is always risky.

Lets be creative, put yourself in Sony's position, what would you do to turn around the company?

#16   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

Again, I'm going to defend Eugine's point and say that the DVD was originally thought to be too premature and too advanced technology, and look now; it's standard.

However, Eugine, don't forget. It's not as simple as that now. There are two competing formats, as you well know; Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. So while the PS3 could be moving the entertainment industry forward, the Blu-Ray could end up lost technology if HD-DVD wins out (though at the moment, I'd say Blu-Ray has the momentum going for it).

Eugine, put it this way: my honest opinion is that, I agree with what Sony is trying to do. Moving the entertainment industry forward, getting out this great new technology. I really do. However, I think it's much too early for it. That's all. If it was a year or so after, the technology would be a lot more accessible and easier to get.

That's why it's risky for Sony. Not because the technology itself is unnecessary by any means, it's just I think it's too early for the industry to get ready for another massive shift.

#17   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                    • Group: Members
                                    • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                    • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

Not to change this topic into a Blu-Ray debate but while were talking about it I might as well... ;)

I think Blu-Ray will become the next standard format for movies. It has way more space than a regular DVD, and even though its expensive now, the prices eventually will drop. It might take a while for it to become more common, but I bet it will.

#18   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

If it were just Blu-Ray, the situation would be that much simpler.

Throw HD-DVD into the mix (which has all the same features you mentioned), and you can see why this is going to be a hard-fought battle.

#19   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

http://www.psu.com/node/8713

Excellent ads from the GDC. Damn, Sony made a huge, huge impact at the GDC. Sony overshadowed every Nintendo announcement!

Anyway, do you think the PS3 is finally showing it's true potential?

#20   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Dec 31 2006, 11:14 PM, said:

If it were just Blu-Ray, the situation would be that much simpler.

Throw HD-DVD into the mix (which has all the same features you mentioned), and you can see why this is going to be a hard-fought battle.

View PostEugine, on Mar 9 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

http://www.psu.com/node/8713

Excellent ads from the GDC. Damn, Sony made a huge, huge impact at the GDC. Sony overshadowed every Nintendo announcement!

Anyway, do you think the PS3 is finally showing it's true potential?

With Blu-Ray having nearly won, the PS3 has received an incredible step forward. Looking at the January sales for the United States, that it's nearly matched the Wii, and there's definitely some progress forward for Sony.

#21   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA Me111

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

Well it has some big titles looming, and could finally catch the others.

#22   Laharl 

• Banned
                                              • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                              • Interests:research it
                                              • AKA Dullahan

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Feb 18 2008, 12:45 AM, said:

Looking at the January sales for the United States, that it's nearly matched the Wii, and there's definitely some progress forward for Sony.

might have something to do with wii and 360 shortages, but no fanboy would ever admit it.

If you ask me its too powerful, having such amazing hardware makes develoeprs obligated to make full use of it, costing you several million dollars more than developing for the other consoles and inevitably increasing the amount of time it takes to make the game. If a company's big project on the PS3 flops, they risk financial meltdown, as a good a reason as any as to why there are no damn games on it

#23   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

Man, the Wii always had shortages, and why will Microsoft wait until the day before the NPD released its figures to announce a shortage for January?
                                                It's all spin.

Blu-ray has won the format war today, so PS3 sales are gonna increase once again.

#24   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                  • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                  • Interests:research it
                                                  • AKA Dullahan

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

yeah Eugine its all spin, my brother searched the length and bredth of the county for months constantly being told there where no Wii in stock for ****s and giggles. only last week did they get stock, i'm surprised to hear such a moronic statement from you.

before you start with your "Sony hater" comments i love ps2 and psp, they just messed up big time with ps3 and are ran by pricks, but hey who isnt these days?

#25   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Wait... Read my statement again. I said the Wii always had shortages >>. So assuming the PS3 only sold because the Wii had a shortage doesn't really paint the entire picture since it never really sold that well before in the USA. It wasn't the Wii that affected the surge.

I did say that Microsoft conveniently had a shortage in January though... The 360 is out really, really long. I doubt they still have production issues. Also why did Microsoft wait until February 13th to announce a shortage in January?

#26   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                      • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                      • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/08/500x_gt5_gamescom.jpg

^ YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://cache-foo-02.gawkerassets.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/08/504x_nws12506725550634234.jpg

^ PSP YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

#27   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                        • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                        • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

gt5 has been promised for longer than episode 3 :D :)

#28   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:40 AM

Sony is STILL losing money, even on the PS3 Slim.
                                                          http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/08...he-ps3-slim.ars

Though with accessory and software sales thrown in, they're apparently still making a profit.

#29   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 06-April 05
                                                            • AKA Me111

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

The adverts for the Slim (in the UK at least), seem to focus away from the games and more on Blu ray, etc. The only game they really mention is LBP, and the focus is on the fact that it has user generated content. Is there something wrong with games being the selling point for a games console now?

#30   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                              • Group: Moderator
                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

Because the Wii's target market doesn't play games, and Sony wants a piece of that.

#31   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

Whoooa new PS3 firmware update is SHINY.

#32   Toasty 

• Posts: 12,421
                                                                  • Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/1390/original/its-a-trap.jpg

But I'll take pics if you can provide.

#33   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                    • Posts: 11,279
                                                                    • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                    • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:44 AM

http://www.perezstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/firmware-3.0-ps3.jpg

Sparkles. <3

five word limit dawg

#34   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                      • Posts: 11,988
                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Oh right, I changed my mind. This update is p. bad, the sparkles are kinda fun but EVERYTHING ELSE is horrible.

The friends list is ugly...

http://m2.n4g.com/8/News/387000/387200_1_hs.jpg

Can't get a better picture but. Putting a little background behind a friend isn't a bad idea so you can read stuff better, but why light gray?? It clashes with most things and just. No. Letting us pick a color and opacity would have seemed the obvious choice.

There are too many links to the PS Store and too many advertisements in the XMB.

And why are so many of the buttons suddenly HUGE?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/08/firmrwae300ps3.jpg

PS3 - It only does everything WRONG

#35   Toasty 

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

There's a 60GB PS3 at my local gamestop for $330. If I become an employee, I'll be able to get it for $280!

Dang, I really hope I get that job. :D

#36   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                          • Posts: 6,607
                                                                          • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                          • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/forum/public/style_images/gssv3/snapback.png' alt='View Post' />Split Infinity, on Sep 1 2009, 03:44 AM, said:

Sparkles. <3

five word limit dawg

It sure does. <3

So Valkyrie Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, LBP, and Assassin's Creed are on the top of my list so far (and my brother recently chose Modern Warfare 2). Any recommendations for a new owner?

~5800~

#37   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                            • Posts: 4,901
                                                                            • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                            • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                            • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

MGS4!! And pick up Uncharted/2

#38   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about hour long cutscenes...

And I've heard great things about the Uncharted games. Should I play the first one for storyline reasons, or jump straight into the second?

#39   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Jan 17 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

I'm not sure how I feel about hour long cutscenes...

And I've heard great things about the Uncharted games. Should I play the first one for storyline reasons, or jump straight into the second?

Well you can get uncharted 1 for $5 with a dualshock, so you may as well play both. Also, get NHL 10 ;D

#40   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yes, play Uncharted 1 first.

Uncharted 1 eases you into the gameplay a bit better than Uncharted 2, where it plops you right into the gameplay a bit too quick if you haven't played it before. If you do decide to play U2 first you won't miss any story bits, as the plots aren't connected at all, but you'll miss some inside jokes and knowledge of the characters. U2 is also a lot better than U1 so you might find it hard to go back and play it. They're both pretty fantastic.

I have a couple gripes with MGS4, but mostly in comparison to previous games. It is amazing all in all. And I gotta give MGS4 the credit that after playing it and watching all it's cutscenes, I have no problem watching any cutscene for any amount of time after it.

God of War Collection is a fine pick, 40 bucks for two classic Playstation 2 games is a good value. Heavenly Sword is a good game too, better than God of War in my opinion despite being maddeningly short.

#41   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I love how people will complain about plotless games and when something with a shitload of story comes along (with amazing gameplay to boot!) they complain about it. Especially since all the cutscenes are skippable.

#42   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

I love the MGS series. The story is interesting, if needlessly complex on purpose, but Kojima is arguably pretty bad at telling his story. And you were amongst those that called the MGS games movies, ya big hypocrite. <_<

#43   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hey GL, I heard tell of a special collectors edition of the Uncharted games bundled into one package, you should get that.

#44   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

You have piqued my interest young Obi-wan.

#45   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

View PostSomeone Else, on Jan 17 2010, 10:35 PM, said:

I love the MGS series. The story is interesting, if needlessly complex on purpose, but Kojima is arguably pretty bad at telling his story. And you were amongst those that called the MGS games movies, ya big hypocrite. :joy:

How am I hypocritical? I still think the MGS games are movies because THEY are movies. They're supposed to be movies..

HEY GL. I heard of a non-special addition package where you buy a controller+uncharted 1 for $5 more than the cost of a standalone controller. v_v

#46   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

You mentioned it before, I remember. I searched for it but I had little luck finding it, do you know where/through what chain by any chance?

#47   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                • Posts: 523
                                                                                                • Joined: 06-February 10
                                                                                                • Gender:Female
                                                                                                • Location:No one on the corner have swagga' like moi
                                                                                                • AKA skidzors, Drizzy Drake, Dipset, etc.

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

wait.. gl has a ps3?! add me nigga... "skidzorz"

#48   Toasty 

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

Even though I hate how Sony is basically copying everything the gaming industry comes up with, I absolutely love their commercials.

#49   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostToasty, on Mar 23 2010, 11:10 PM, said:

Even though I hate how Sony is basically copying everything the gaming industry comes up with,

but they do it oh so well.

Playstation Move>Natal>Waggle

#50   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                      • Posts: 3,165
                                                                                                      • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                                                      • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                                                                      • AKA watch

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

That next generation motion sensor crap didn't work for Nintendo (well commercially it did), what makes anyone dumb enough to try it again.

!~2800~!

#51   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                        • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                                        • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

I have a question, well, questions.

The PS3 I use is not mines, but a family PS3. A family member bought it, but I have to access to it whenever I want.
                                                                                                        I created a main account, called Gary, for my cousin, and another account euginegnd for myself, and a PSN id under my cousin's account.

Here's the thing - I want to load my cousin's account automatically everytime the PS3 starts, because admittedly, it's annoying to select my cousin's account EVERYTIME. Anyone knows how to do that? I could Google search it or dig through my PS3, but yah know, I want help from you guys =]

Secondly, I do not like the PSN id name anymore. I want to know, can I transfer all the achievements to another id or simply change my id?

#52   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                          • Posts: 3,462
                                                                                                          • Joined: 20-August 06
                                                                                                          • Location:Things. Also!
                                                                                                          • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/817651900_UPD5c-L.jpg

#53   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

View PostEugine, on Mar 24 2010, 03:31 PM, said:

I have a question, well, questions.

The PS3 I use is not mines, but a family PS3. A family member bought it, but I have to access to it whenever I want.
                                                                                                            I created a main account, called Gary, for my cousin, and another account euginegnd for myself, and a PSN id under my cousin's account.

Here's the thing - I want to load my cousin's account automatically everytime the PS3 starts, because admittedly, it's annoying to select my cousin's account EVERYTIME. Anyone knows how to do that? I could Google search it or dig through my PS3, but yah know, I want help from you guys =]

Secondly, I do not like the PSN id name anymore. I want to know, can I transfer all the achievements to another id or simply change my id?

nope, a new id means new saves (unless you move them over with a usb drive), and new achievements.

#54   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

View PostEugine, on Mar 24 2010, 02:31 PM, said:

I'm using a shared PS3 and I don't mind having to choose my account, but log into your cousins account, then press triangle on his name, an select Auto Login or something like that.

And yeah, you're stuck with your PSN name. You'll need a new account with new saves, (I think Drizzy's right that you can move them, though) a new e-mail, and start over with your trophies and re-add everybody on your friends. I think on Xbox Live you can pay like 5 bucks change your gamertag, Sony should clue in on this because I'd like to change mine too.

View PostMy Best Wishes, on Mar 23 2010, 11:36 PM, said:

That next generation motion sensor crap didn't work for Nintendo (well commercially it did), what makes anyone dumb enough to try it again.

That's why they're dumb enough. Whether or not it'll make enough profit to justify the R&D that went into making these things, which could have gone into something else, will be interesting to see. I know I'm probably not going to buy it. I have enough controllers and remotes all over my house.

#55   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                                                • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

Alright, will do tomorrow.
                                                                                                                I really regret choosing this retarded name (garydAPOCALYPSE) [I created the PSN id] as the PSN name. I want to change it to greenzkilla ^.^ (named after my country's nickname).

I dunno, I think I want to delete my account, and use only one... but then, it'll be a bit disingenuous sporting trophies and stuff I didn't really earn lol. I dunno, what you guys think?

#56   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Sure, that way you won't be mooching off your cousin's account lols. The only thing you're REALLY losing is trophies, and unless you're an achievement whore you shouldn't really care.

One thing though, PLEASE don't name yourself greenzkilla. I've seen waaay too many people online with "killa" in their name it's ridiculous. It makes them look like illiterate noobs from Brooklyn.

#57   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

tehehe, yeah, killa is frequent in MW2.

i've already made a second account for cod, and a few other online things i'd like to reset my score on, since despite being decent now, i sucked when i first bought it.

#58   Toasty 

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

View PostThankMeLater, on Mar 23 2010, 10:24 PM, said:

but they do it oh so well.

Playstation Move>Natal>Waggle

Hell no. Natal is so much better of an idea. And PSM has freaking light up balls on the tips of the controllers. It's incredibly tacky.

#59   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Natal is original, but playing games with it won't be very practical. People hated waggle, think they'll like a full body variant? The Wii sucks because of it's horribly inaccurate controller, and lack of good games. The PSM mimcs your exact movements, and there's a good chance high quality games will support it/use it entirely.

#60   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

Are you saying you're actually hyped about Move?

It pains me to type that. Worst name EVER, worse than Go. i spik gud engrish

#61   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

no, i'm not. but it clearly > the wiimote&nunchuck combo, and how would natal work for games like dmc, gow, even shooters?

#62   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                              • Posts: 3,462
                                                                                                                              • Joined: 20-August 06
                                                                                                                              • Location:Things. Also!
                                                                                                                              • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

View PostThankMeLater, on Mar 26 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

no, i'm not. but it clearly > the wiimote&nunchuck combo, and how would natal work for games like dmc, gow, even shooters?

I'd like to know why everybody assumes that every peripheral will do fucking everything.

The Wii's controls are made for the Wiimote because that is it's primary function of play. The Move and Natal are suplementary; they will not replace the fucking controllers. Sure they'll have games made specifically for the but they are not meant to be the main fucking controls of a system.

Once all the fucking idiots on the planet understand then everybody will be much fucking happier and shut the fuck up about it for christ's sake.

I'd swear that everybody on the fucking internet is retarded but it's fairly fucking obvious.

#63   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                • Posts: 2,902
                                                                                                                                • Joined: 21-June 04
                                                                                                                                • Location:Tucson, Arizona
                                                                                                                                • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                                                                                                                                • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

^This. Nuff said?

#64   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                                                                  • Location:England
                                                                                                                                  • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Mar 26 2010, 11:39 PM, said:

I'd like to know why everybody assumes that every peripheral will do fucking everything.

The Wii's controls are made for the Wiimote because that is it's primary function of play. The Move and Natal are suplementary; they will not replace the fucking controllers. Sure they'll have games made specifically for the but they are not meant to be the main fucking controls of a system.

Once all the fucking idiots on the planet understand then everybody will be much fucking happier and shut the fuck up about it for christ's sake.

I'd swear that everybody on the fucking internet is retarded but it's fairly fucking obvious.

Wow 8 times in 4 paragraphs, I'm impressed.

But yeah I pretty much agree.

#65   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Valkyria Chronicles.

PS3 owners, you must.

#66   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Mar 26 2010, 04:39 PM, said:

you're seeting as if you think i actually give two shits about move.

you're right, it wont replace the controller. they wont make DMC5 Move/Natal only, but they will make high end games for both, and Move will do it much better. Like I said, try and imagine playing even a shooter with natal, or a DMC/GoW LIKE game, since there's about 30 of those already.

#67   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Granted that I've not watched footage of either because I don't care about motion controls, PSM probably will be the best because it has buttons (Natal doesn't) and it'll be more accurate than the Wiimote.

Like I really want to shoot by putting fingers into the shape of a gun @ Natal

#68   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

that's what I'm saying. Conduit was a decent shooter, but still felt clunky because the wii doesn't pinpoint the exact spot on your tv, it has a small radius which covers a general area. Move will be like using a fucking mouse for shooters. RTS's will actually be possible on consoles.

#69   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                                                                            • Location:England
                                                                                                                                            • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Seriously considering selling all my 360 stuff and getting a PS3 now as my xbox has so kindly forgotten how to read disks.

#70   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

HA! yellow light of death 0.02%? i think so.

#71   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

more like 0.6%

#72   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm in that 0.6% statistic, apparently. WHAT ARE THE ODDS

#73   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

just checked and the general consensus is less than half a percentile (right word?). so anything under 0.5

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic