• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Naruto: Clash Of Ninja 2 Believe It!

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Yes, being a Naruto fan, my brother and I decided to purchase this game, available exclusively for GameCube.

A brief review:

Graphics: Very nicely done cel-shaded graphics. Very stylized, it's great to see the game really reflect the Anime-esque look. The backgrounds can be a bit lacking in detail, but everything flows and animates quite well.

8.5/10

Sound: Nothing spectacular here, but the voice-overs are all done well enough. The music does its job, nothing more, nothing less.

7/10

Gameplay: Of course, the most important factor. This game is fast-paced and an incredible blast to play. The controls are simple enough to grasp (similar to SSB, there are two main attack buttons, etc.) Combos can be pulled off quite easily, and the special techniques of each character translate very well into the game. Playing with 4 people, with an incredible variety of characters and stages to unlock make this game well worth the purchase.

9.5/10

Overall verdict: 9/10

The presentation is great, and the gameplay is even better. A must-have title for all fans of the Anime, and even if you aren't, there's enough stuff and depth here to last you quite some time. A high recommendation.

#2   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

I think I have a Naruto game for my psp, definately not this one, but the same idea. This one looks pretty good, almost like DBZ Budokai. Which characters are in this, cause I was hoping they added the new characters that are being introduced like Hidan (If you read the new pages)

#3   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:02 AM

I played a demo of it at a Game Stop store. The game is pretty fun. It's alot like tekken, really, but I wish they had added more, or better moves. Though I'm not sure if I even discovered all of them. If I had the chance, I'd buy it. But I'd probably hide it under my bed. ;) Anime is kinda looked down upon (even if they don't know what it is) by people around here. It's considered by most, "retarded" or too serious most of the time. It's like mixing a soap opers with a cartoon, really, but that doesn't stop me from watching Naruto.

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

You bring up a good point, and I'd say this game is one of the few Anime-based games that actually work, and play, very well.

#5   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
            • Group: Veterans
            • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
            • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:14 AM

I agree. I just wish I could buy it right now, but I'm keeping my cash in reserve for something better.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic