Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Role Playing Section yep

#1   Xelina 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Back in GSAR, and GSL, we had a sub-forum call the roleplaying sub forum, where people can create characters, quests, and interact with their charcters to each other. I think it would be good for this forum to meet new people and also to improve our use of grammer and spelling and such. Besides, it will the creative and everyone will have fun. What do you think if it guys?

(( btw, I have spelling errors don't I? oops. >3>))

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

I assure you, the staff has considering adding a forum like this in the past, but it's never been implemented for a number of reasons - mainly due to lack of activity, and also the sheer complexity it would take to maintain and monitor the activity in such a forum.

That said, considering the influx of new members, and also the general rise of activity in this forum, this might not be a bad idea for the forum revamp that is expected to take place in about a month or so. Both the website and the forums will go through big changes in the coming weeks, and this chance could be added then.

#3   Xelina 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

Ah I see. Well I guess it is not as popular here as in GSAR. Oh well. X3

Really? That would be wonderful. =D

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

Well, unlike other forums, our forums tend to be a bit... how shall we say, tamer (except in the Common Room, as I'm sure you've noticed), which is why an idea like this was never really conceivable in the past.

But yes, it will definitely be considered. Personally, I think it's worth a shot.

#5   Xelina 

• Berserker
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for at least considering it! X3

Squeel~

Well not all RP is battle basiced, like we can create enverment like a lodge where all RPC can just hang out and have fun. ^3^

Just feeding ideas.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

See, that's the problem - "fun". How do we determine what's exactly "fun", if it just turns into some sort of spam battle, like in the random topic in the Common Room?

We'd need to set standards - probably a bit stricter than what you're used to at GSAR/GSL.

#7   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

We have a roleplaying topic in the Common Room. An Epic Story III, it's called.

#8   Xelina 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

Yes, but, well, I guess that is ok.

I really like it when we are able to make our own quest. ^^;

As for the fun part, we always had rules:

1) No Godmoding
                  2) No teleportion for cheap avoiding.
                  3) No instant kills.
                  4) No, Player A stabs Player B in the back, Player B is dead
                  5) No 133T.
                  6) Posts must be longer then a sentence.
                  7) You must have =this many post- to make a quest
                  8) You must have your bio aproved before you get to rp with it.
                  9) You must have your quest approved before you get to post it.
                  10) Keep it PG- 13

That is some of the rules we had...

#9   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

View PostMars Djinni, on Jan 22 2007, 11:45 PM, said:

We have a roleplaying topic in the Common Room. An Epic Story III, it's called.

I'm presuming that this new forum would contain multiple role-playing topics like that one, each with a different setting, or rules, or "quest", as she calls it.

#10   Xelina 

• Berserker
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

No, the rules I posted was an overal rules which the member I mod before fellowed and we mods had to approvl of this things. A Quest is simply a story a user created, an advature if you will. The rule I stated above is fellowed through out the sub forum.

#11   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Group: Veterans
                        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

Seems like a pretty cool idea. Could make many fun times.

#12   Neo 

• Disciple
                          • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Seems like a good idea, only i'd personally add another rule to the list. You see, I was competing in Epic Story III too, for a bit that is. I quit it for a few reasons. At first, people were posting and posting, without keeping track of what others did. I was away for a few hours, and it was like two people continued the whole story in a row. Furthermore I think that that topic had a slight bit of godmodding, as I saw a few very strong people there, who could do just about everything (No names being called here).

But, as I said, seems like a good idea. I have quite the bit experience with RP'ing, as I moderated a whole Rp-forum once (Wifle was the owner), and I participated in several other forums. If you ever need a mod for such a forum just gimme a shout and I'll see whether I have time.

#13   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

I've been RP'ing for years now, so having some real RP's to post in with my fellow GSS members would be great. I don't post in An Epic Story III because it's too unorganized and just very... stupid.
                            We would need quite a few rules, including the ones above, which everybody would HAVE to follow in order to make this good. Some of those rules should be that you mustn't ignore any previous posts, and must follow the story at least to a small extent. Members that go around killing everybody and not reading any of their posts should be banned from RP'ing.

#14   Nyktos 

• Berserker
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • AKA Felix of Vale

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

Like Aquamarine, I too RP quite a bit on other forums (primarily NationStates-related ones). I would certainly be interested in RPing here, as it would be a good place for my many, many characters that I have no place for in NS.

#15   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Jan 23 2007, 09:32 AM, said:

I don't post in An Epic Story III because it's too unorganized and just very... stupid.

I don't find it stupid, it's the fact that some members are not reading what everyone else is putting and making their character much too powerful. It makes for a frustrating RP, and it could be much better.

Usually, this is where Split comes in and tells everyone that he will put an RP forum at Cabaret Infinity.

#16   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

I think it would be a wise move to perhaps give moderating powers for specific members, over the specific forum. I would guess Xelina, Neo_Genesis, and Sheba, since (from what I can tell), they've had the most RP experience, including moderation.

#17   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

I've RP'd once. I think it was called Clockwork Tower. A few of you should remember it. I never really took on much to RP'ing, it's just too....hard to maintain.

#18   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:53 AM

I honestly wouldn't mind a RP forum. Actually, I'm in for it. We'd just need a RP uh... master? to moderate the forum. Post quests, and w/e RP has... I've never RP'ed before though, so I have no idea what to do x.x

#19   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:00 AM

I say we just have the forum, maybe sub-forums for different kinds, but whenever someone wants to put up a new RP they have to get it approved?
                                        Could work for just moderating the number of RPs.
                                        Just a though.

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

View PostMr.T, on Jan 24 2007, 03:36 AM, said:

I've RP'd once. I think it was called Clockwork Tower. A few of you should remember it. I never really took on much to RP'ing, it's just too....hard to maintain.

Yeah, I remember. ;) Shame it died out so quickly, but you and I tried to get it a bit active again, but nobody else wanted to post anymore( I'm looking at you, MD >=O ).

Sometimes, I would get bored of RP'ing and would stop for quite a long time. Now that's something that shouldn't happen, and if RP's are ever added to GSSF I will make myself post. Although I don't think I would get bored if we had many(or just a few) different RP's.

I think this could really work. We should give it a go.

#21   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

View PostEugine, on Jan 24 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

I honestly wouldn't mind a RP forum. Actually, I'm in for it. We'd just need a RP uh... master? to moderate the forum. Post quests, and w/e RP has... I've never RP'ed before though, so I have no idea what to do x.x

As I suggested, Eugine, I think we should give members who have had a lot of experience with an RP forum moderating powers for it. For example, Sheba and Xelina both have lots of experience, it seems, as do a lot of others.

#22   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Well maybe we should have 3 mod, one for approving quests, one for approving bios and an overall mod. And people can vote for who to be these three and the current Mod and Admin can choice out of the pool of the people choiced by it's members.

And to the people who want to be a mod you must post a bio, an idea, and talk about their experience with a mod. aka, like you are an admin at such and such fourms ect.

#23   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                • Location:British Columbia, Canada
                                                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

We have to take into account that the past times Max has been asked to make an RP section, he refused.

#24   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                  • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

New site, new forum - I'm sure that with the overhaul GSS will be receiving in a little bit, Max wouldn't mind to try something a bit different.

#25   Hirosho 

• Knight
                                                  • PipPip
                                                    • Location:The 14th sublevel of the solar quartex
                                                    • Interests:Doom,Doom,Doom,Rping,MSn,RPGs,Dragonfable,freinds,Not School,and everything else i forgot.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

RP Section= Fun and Yuki can vouge for my Rp expirience so if you need someone else to help yeah im here.( only that is if you add it)

#26   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

I vote for MD. He's already a mod, and he's RP'd before, so he knows what he's doing.

I'll make a comedy RP when the time comes. :)

#27   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, MD would be the perfect choice. A member who has been here for a long time and is respected, but is also an RPer.

#28   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

That goes for Sheba too, let me remind you (save for the moderating abilities - but she's definitely trustworthy with them, I think).

#29   Toasty 

• Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

Now if only she was still active.....

Blue has RP experience, I'd probably vote for him too.

#30   Evildwarf 

• New User
                                                              • Joined: 20-January 07

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

There just needs to be an RP Forum. I always thought it was the funnest part of the forum.

#31   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

I think it can be anyone. Honestly, the new members seem to be interested in it the most, so why can't we atleast give them a shot at it? GSAR, did have some excellent RPers, lets hope one of them is.

#32   Hirosho 

• Knight
                                                                • PipPip
                                                                  • Interests:Doom,Doom,Doom,Rping,MSn,RPGs,Dragonfable,freinds,Not School,and everything else i forgot.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

I know i started my Rp Career at GSAR... and Fay.. is one of the best i know...(a.k.a)Xelina

#33   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,300
                                                                    • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Netherlands
                                                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:46 AM

I don't want to sound harsh, but wouldn't it be a little unfair giving members who only recently joined moderating powers over older members? Like Sheba or MD, who are here for a long time, and have -- according to Riad -- both RP experience and moderating experience.

And besides the mods, there could be seperate "ranks" within to forum, such as people who create the RP's.

#34   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 436
                                                                      • Joined: 18-January 07
                                                                      • Gender:Female
                                                                      • Location:Look behind you~ &gt;3

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

I understand that also, it seems to me I am unfit to accept the job as a mod because I am new here, but however, I have a suggestion that give both new memebers and old memebers a chance to become the mods.

Like I said before, the contestents would made up a new bio, a new idea for a quest and a sample of RP. We would then sumbit it to a current mod. After a sertain deadline, that mod would post a thread with all the submitions. However, no names would be given out, the sumbitions would be only mark by a number. Depends on how many summition there are, the members of the whole forum would choice 3-5 submitions that they think it is the best of all of this submitions. Then the mod and admin would choice from this pool to give the mods power. I think this is pretty fair. Don't you think so too?

This way, anyone can and would be able to get the power.

#35   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                        • Posts: 6,607
                                                                        • Joined: 28-March 04

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

Both Neo and Xelina bring up solid points. That said, there is little point in discussing this further - the big changes that the forum/site will go through will occur, at the earliest, in late February.

By all means, continue to discuss it, but just be aware that nothing will be implemented until at least a month from now (and Max still has to give his approval of the idea, too).

#36   Max 

• Administrator
                                                                          • Posts: 1,837
                                                                          • Joined: 26-January 04
                                                                          • Location:Philadelphia

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:43 PM

As the moderators have stated in this thread, please wait for the forum relaunch/reorganization in the next month or two. I see no reason why we can't at least try this, but it's gonna have to wait until then.

#37   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 1,300
                                                                            • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                            • Location:Netherlands
                                                                            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Of course, Max, I understand that. But having the whole plan ready before the reoganization may be handy. So that when the relaunch occurs, implementing this whole new idea would go a lot more smooth and easier.

For me, Xelina's point is rather good. But, again, I keep my opinion about older member above newer members. No offense towards the newcomers, but IMO it's simply a matter of experience and how well you know other members and the board rules, how everything works around here, even besides the known rules. Thus maybe it would be better creating a certain "group" of people suitable of becoming a moderator, and then holding some sort of competition.

#38   Toasty 

• Posts: 12,421

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

I'd say you have to be a member for at least two months to be eligable. That's about how long it took me to become a true member really. But I agree about the experience thing Neo talked about. But after two months, you'll never be able to leave. Almost every member who's stayed for more than two months has has always come back. -_-

#39   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                • Posts: 436
                                                                                • Joined: 18-January 07
                                                                                • Location:Look behind you~ &gt;3

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

True, however, that experence might help you interact with your fellow memeber, but, does it show how well you are to be able to rp and mod?

I really don't think so. However, I am not going to push it any farther, I am only suggesting that please, let us show who we are, not just some noobs that just joined and acta like 2 year olds. But murture, able members who is able to handle the power.

On the other hand, I see why you do not wish for us to become mods. I am only asking you to consider the fact, to at least, let us try out. Then the current mod and admin can made the final judgement. I really think that being new on a forum doesn't mean you are new at forums. I know some of my fellow GSAR memeber are very well fully capable of such task. Then again, the calls are up to you.

What I am suggesting is at least let us try. If we did not make it, then I'll have no complains. However, I do not feel justic for banning us even from trying.

#40   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                  • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                  • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                                  • Location:Room 101
                                                                                  • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                                                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

We've gone three years without a role playing section, it's just not necessary. I don't think it would get that much activity to be honest, and it would just end up being a waste of time and space. There are plenty of forums out there dedicated to role playing, GSSF just doesn't need it I don't think. We've had a ton of members and hundreds of thousands of posts, so "bringing more activity" is never going to be a valid argument.

#41   Toasty 

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:23 AM

Sure, we have 10+ new members, and yeah, we've got over 200000 posts. But there just aren't very many people on a day. I'm on here every day, and the majority of the time, only 3 - 4 people are active at a time. Sometimes 6 or 7, but it's just not a lot of activity. A lot of activity would be 8 people on most of the time with 15 people mat one time as an average maximum. An RP section might bring that, and on top of that, there are plenty of members who would RP there. So as long as it's getting revamped any ways, why not add an RP? If there's room for a whole nother fansite (without forums), then I'm sure there's room for one more section in GSSF.

And Xelina, I'm not saying any of you are noobs (well, mabey Zexion......j/k), but as long as you stay active until it's finished, I'm sure you'll get a chance. It's about a month away, and on a froum (at least to me) a month is a long time. Though the odds of all of you becoming mods are slim. Possibly one or two. But by the time it's out, you'll have been around long enough for people to know you, and then the mods will be able to have a clearer judgement. The only reason why we might not let you, is that we simply don't know you well. But by the time a month has passed, I'm sure that'll have changed.

But as a rule for anyone that isn't currently a mod, those who are chosen (if we have an RP section) to be an RP mod, should be strictly contained to the RP section unless said otherwise by the Admins. Because some people might be suited to modding RP's and not to other things.

#42   Hirosho 

• Knight
                                                                                    • PipPip
                                                                                      • Posts: 75

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:07 AM

i Agree with Mr.T I think since when im on the most i've seen is 7 people and I hadly know what to post (than again im a newer person so yeah) and i think it could help with activity and why not give it a shot and for Mods yeah flat RP mods would work since they wont have power anywhere else but in that section.

But it is all up to You Webmaster.

#43   Toasty 

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:23 AM

You can just call him Max. But even I run out of things to post after a little while. There's no reason to not put it in except for maintenance issues. Which can be resolved by appointing RP mods.

#44   Somia 

• Disciple
                                                                                          • Posts: 1,585
                                                                                          • Joined: 25-October 04
                                                                                          • Location:Inside a Jar
                                                                                          • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

I understand what Neo is getting at, but if the new members are capable of the job, I really don't see why not. When we look for employees in real life, we don't necessarily take the older ones, but the better ones. Ne?

#45   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                            • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                            • Location:England
                                                                                            • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:13 AM

Yeah, I think you should have a limit on how many people can join a particular quest or then people wont be caring about what other people said and stuff.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic