Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Italian Football In Trouble... ...again.

#1   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Me111

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/6327655.stm
    I'm not sure how well this was covered in other countries but the story is well known over here. After a policeman died at an Italian match on Friday, all matches for the weekend were cancelled. Now there's talk of continuing the ban throughout the rest of the season.
    Do you feel this is fair to Italian football? It's reputation is already pretty badly damaged after the inquiries in the summer which lead to Juventus and others going down. Wouldn't this make things worse?
    I didn't put this in the 'Sport's Discussion' as I felt it should have a topic of its own.

#2   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:24 AM

A policeman died? That's sad, but it's nothing compared to what happens in my city. Often when there is a football match these gropus, or clans, come with metal poles and knives and beat the hell out of each other. It's not unusual for people to be killed in these fights. Actually, two of my good friends are members of a clan called Heroes, though the two of them never go to such big fights where someone can be killed. They take part only in smaller skirmishes, so to say. They've been arrested by the police a few times though, but released shortly after.

Anyhow, I don't think it's fair to Italian football to be banned for the whole season. Maybe just the one weekend to get things to settle down, but cancelling games for the whole season is too much.

#3   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Me111

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:50 PM

Dear God, the topic actually got a reply! ^_^
        I think it's a bit wrong to ban all the football for the season, but I can understand why they would. Britain used to have problems with hooligans (not so much now though), but I don't think they went to these extremes. Deaths caused over here were due to the poorness of the grounds originally.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic