Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Website Templates? Where are the good ones?

#1   Lan 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

Does anyone know a good place to get a free website template? I'm rather new to web design and I don't want to make my own, but google searches yield only topsites an pay-for templates. Help a brotha out?

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'd prefer to make a site from scratch, but I've come across a few template sites when searching for other things. None of 'em were free though, can't help you there.

Try using a different search engine, like Ask.com. It usually works better for me than google.

#3   Lan 

• New User

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

Ask really didn't work much better than google, but thanks for the suggestion. Lemme explain what I'm looking for. A layout similar to, say, Elemental Temple:
        http://elementaltemple.net/
        or just about any other video game site. MY site isn't about games, but I like the style of the layout. Centered, efficient navigation, etc. Anyone know where to get a layout like that, or someone who does this as a hobby (I.e., someone I don't have to pay... sorry, I'm poor.) All help is appreciated.

#4   PDM 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • AKA lifeform288

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:24 PM

I'll save you the time; don't use freewebs. k.

#5   Lan 

• New User

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

Gee, ya think? Yeah, thanks for all your help, I sure appreciate that one.

#6   Hinoa 

• Squire
            • Pip
              • Location:Toeing the fine line between smartarse and arsehole
              • Interests:Hi thar. I'm Hinoa, and since you have time to waste, you get to learn a little about me. I tend to be incredibly sarcastic, but I also try not to be a jackass. Sometimes I cross the line between smartass and jackass, and I'm sorry in advance. I'm a student, though I'm taking a leave of absence from college for now. Online, I go by Hinoa, occasionally with a 4 stuck to the end. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time... I contribute to the Golden Sun wiki, and for some inexplicable reason, am a sysop on Uncyclopedia. I go to a few other forums, including one other Golden Sun forum, the Temple of Kraden. I am also a misanthrope (I hate humanity). You can blame Uncyc for that.<br /><br />And now that you're asleep, I think I'll let you go away now. Bye!

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

Good free website templates? Does... not... compute..... <head a splode>

I'm seriously stumped as to where you could get any. Try Google again with some terms--I tried '"website templates" +free,' though I didn't stick around to see how it worked.

On another note, if you're doing a website as a hobby, you probably should learn how to do layouts sooner or later. They don't have to be as OMGWOW as Elemental Temple's, for example, but they should be fairly clean and easy to read, like this one for example. Knowing CSS helps a lot, but it's a royal pain in the arse to work with. Consider yourself warned. :(

#7   Neon 

• Disciple
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:50 AM

imo, teach yourself html, css and php and make websites yourself. Much more rewarding and definately worth it if you're serious about your website.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic