Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exernal Hard Drives Who's got one, compare, etc.

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

I just bought an external (USB) hard-drive yesterday due to finally filling up the 80 gigabyte one that came with the computer. I'm fairly impressed so far. It only set me back $179AUD and it has a capacity of 250 gigabytes. It's a Western Digital 'My Book'. Does anyone here have or use an external drive? If so what are the features etc.?

#2   Lemontime 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:34 AM

My dad has an external hard-drive. Methinks he uses it for backing up files and storing all his photos.
      I think it's something crazy like 600 GB.. Set him back too much..
      It seems very functional from the minimal use I've had of it. Which isn't much. There isn't really much they can do.
      This one's just plug in and then go.. Pretty easy!

#3   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
        • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:45 AM

Agatio: are you keeping all the stuff on your comp on your comp's hard-drive, and filling up the external one with new stuff, or putting all your old stuff on the external one and filling your comp up with new stuff?

Its just that my Laptop is very nearly full, and is working pretty slowly as well because I have so much junk on it. If i were to buy an external drive and shove all the junk on that, would it significantly increase the speed?

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

My computer came with 160 gb, so I don't (yet) have a use for an external hard drive. I do, however, use USB Flash Drives (notably the Sandisk "Cruzer" micro model, 1 gb).

#5   Elliott 

• Cool
            • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
            • AKA Agatio

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:23 AM

View PostWiflewood, on Mar 4 2007, 11:45 PM, said:

Agatio: are you keeping all the stuff on your comp on your comp's hard-drive, and filling up the external one with new stuff, or putting all your old stuff on the external one and filling your comp up with new stuff?

I put all my music, videos, ROMs and pictures onto my external, so as to free up space (about 64 gig) on my hard-drive, and also for the benefit of being able to take it to my mate's place and share / watch Family Guy, South Park, music etc. I kept my pr0n off the external though, don't want people getting their hands on that ;p .

#6   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

Of course not ;)

Does it significantly improve the speed of your comp?

#7   Hinoa 

• Squire
              • Pip
                • Location:Toeing the fine line between smartarse and arsehole
                • Interests:Hi thar. I'm Hinoa, and since you have time to waste, you get to learn a little about me. I tend to be incredibly sarcastic, but I also try not to be a jackass. Sometimes I cross the line between smartass and jackass, and I'm sorry in advance. I'm a student, though I'm taking a leave of absence from college for now. Online, I go by Hinoa, occasionally with a 4 stuck to the end. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time... I contribute to the Golden Sun wiki, and for some inexplicable reason, am a sysop on Uncyclopedia. I go to a few other forums, including one other Golden Sun forum, the Temple of Kraden. I am also a misanthrope (I hate humanity). You can blame Uncyc for that.<br /><br />And now that you're asleep, I think I'll let you go away now. Bye!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

I used to. Of course, this was so old it used SCSI cables, and I used it with a now >12 year old computer. Before that, though, it was used with a fossil--one of those original Macs. Needless to say, I wasn't the one using it. ;)

#8   Elliott 

• Cool
                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:31 AM

View PostWiflewood, on Mar 6 2007, 04:32 AM, said:

Does it significantly improve the speed of your comp?

Prolly, I haven't noticed though.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic