Seven Wonders Of The World For the new generation

#1   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Me111

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

http://www.new7wonde...ndex.php?id=633
    Came across that as I trawled through the internet. Those have been chosen as the new seven wonders of the world. Do you think they're a good choice? Are you surprised by things that didn't make it? Do you think Petra only made it because it was in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
    Discuss!

#2   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

I think the new wonders kind of suck, or others should've been picked, but then again I didn't even know all of the original seven wonders. I'm not exactly the best person to comment it. :D

#3   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
      • PipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

I would have to agree, these new wonders of the world aren't that spectacular. Most of them i've known about for a long time so i guess they kinda lost their "thunder"

But i have a question. I was watching a news broadcast and they were revealing the 7 wonders of the world, and i saw that the internet was chosen, but it's not on the list. Now i could be out of my mind cause they have so many categories like "the Modern wonders...etc." "the New Wonders...etc." I might have things mixed up :D

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

The first one on the list that Me111 gave, is retarded. That should've been the giant clock tower thingy in England. Other than that, it's a pretty decent list. Except for number four, which should've been the pyramids of Egypt. I'm shure thos things took a heck of a lot more effort to build than some puny citty in Peru.
          As for modern wonders, I say the internet, Bill Gate's Robotic Android Stand In, The nintendo wii (it's got a smaller list of breakdowns than PS3 or 360), The Concorde, the new Apple notebooks (for no reason other than it being probably the most reliable laptop ever), The nintendo DS, and me.

No, I'm not a ninty fanboy, I actually prefer the 360's games over the Wii's (except for Brawl). I just prefer the Wii for it's better reputation of not breaking down.

#5   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Me111

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:53 AM

View PostMr.T, on Jul 9 2007, 02:44 AM, said:

The first one on the list that Me111 gave, is retarded. That should've been the giant clock tower thingy in England. Other than that, it's a pretty decent list. Except for number four, which should've been the pyramids of Egypt. I'm shure thos things took a heck of a lot more effort to build than some puny citty in Peru.

*Sigh* Big Ben you mean? I wouldn't say that should be on the list. Yes it's impressive but it hasn't been around for the same time as some of the stuff up there.
            I'm taking an assumption that this is the official list. It's the first one I found.

#6   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:32 AM

The pyramids totally need to be on there. And Mr. T, Chichén Itzá is pretty kickin'. Have you ever been there?

Anyway, what's all this about "new wonders"? Are they replacing the old ones?

#7   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                • Group: Admin

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

These are the "traditional" 7 Wonders - the original list comprised of things like the Statue at Rhodes, the Babylon Garden, etc... but that don't exist anymore, save for the Pyramids. So this was to commence 7 "New" Wonders, to take the place of the original ones.

Other "7 Wonders" are completely separate lists, which include one list being about the modern age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Wonders

#8   Shikonaurum 

• Lord
                • PipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Slacking, the intarweb, gaming, sleeping. The likes.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

Marketing ploy. Nothing more. This list is for the travel industries, I honestly can't see why anyone else would be caring. Wondrous as they may be.

Plus there was rigged voting, where people could vote as many times as they wanted, and then if you paid money to the corporation that was sponsoring this you get extra benefits or something. It's all tourism and marketing these days.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic