Assassin's Creed Multi-Format Discussion

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

I bought Assassin's Creed yesterday and I was very impressed. So impressed that I played it for seven hours straight, without a hint of boredom. The free-running mechanic is so well executed that it makes up for the lesser combat system. Any of you who have read the reviews will know that critics have not been digging the combat system in the game. To be fair, after seven hours I didn't see any issues with it, and it didn't feel repetitive or tricky.

One thing I don't understand is why Ubisoft were so tight lipped about the game's futuristic plot twist. I mean it happens right at the start of the damn game, and I find it so stupid that we're all holding back saying "I don't want to spoil it for you." It's hardly much of a plot twist if you bump into it minutes after you start playing. What Ubisoft should have remained tight lipped about is how great this game was going to be, maybe then it wouldn't have been so hyped and eventually receive lower than excepted scores because critics were disappointed that the game wasn't the best thing to happen since Ocarina of Time.

The game has a Metroid style opening, where you start with all your abilities but due to a series of events you lose them all and must start from scratch to retrieve all the awesome moves and equipment you started out with. Ubisoft have added a silly optional achievement unlocking quest where you must find hidden flags in the game. It's like hidden packages from Grand Theft Auto games, except there's more flags and it's more annoying. I also hate it when guards randomly detect me when I've done nothing wrong yet, I don't know what I do sometimes that triggers them.

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:25 AM

I do want this game. First of all, it looks totally sick. It's almost on par with Crysis' graphics, and that's not an overstatement. Second, finally a decent slash 'em up on 360. Screw 99 nights, i'm getting this. 3rd, it's a story games have hardly ever touched apon. When was the last time you played a game involving the crusade in the holy land? Age of Empires, that's when.

#3   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Me111

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:57 AM

I've seen a few reviews for it and they've all been pretty good. It looks so cool! Shame I'm Xbox 360less.

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, I would like to play this game too. Seems really good. My friend's getting it the moment it gets released for the PC, so I'll be able to have a go at it.

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
            • AKA escout

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

I think its also on the PS3.

#6   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

Yep, I played it the other day. I found it quite awesome, the bits that I played. My friend though, said it was run and stab, stab, sneak, stab etc. A bit monotone in his opinion after a while.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • Group: Moderator
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:16 PM

I believe IGN said something similiar.

#8   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I just finished it and...the credits are playing. I'm going to see if anything else happens.

Edit: Uhm...review, I guess.

Graphics: Altair is detailed very well, as is every character. The buildings have beautiful detail, which they should since you're climbing them more then half of the game. No graphic glitches for me. In the main HUB of the game, it would have been nice to see out the windows, instead of being blinded. Great graphics, but could be a teeny better. 9.5/10

Sound/ Music: The music captures the moment and intesifies the battles. When you come up to a city, you just get a song that just sounds like it fits you viewing over the city. The voices are a bit strange. The main characters, great voice-overs that come through clear as a bell. Although I never did understand why Altair sounds like a guy from our time. The crowd voices sometimes are a bit strange. They sound like they were just sloppily recorded, which does seem odd while you're running through them. Sure it IS a memory but it could be a little clearer there. [8/10]

Gameplay: Do I even need to explain? Climbing buildings, stealth kills in the middle of a crowd, jumping from crazy heights and a good chase have never felt as great. Combat is great, but could use a little adjusting. The jumping movements are perfect. It's not like in Crackdown where you can leap a building in a single bound. These are realistic jumps. And it's never felt so awesome. The side missions DO feel a little tedious though, but mistakes in them CAN lead to some fun happenings. 10/10

Replay Value: It's there, trust me. With the flags to collect, little missions to do (which can be tedious, but still can result in crazy happenings), and just running and killing for the HELL of it, there is still plenty to do after you find the credits. Halo 3, you have been shelfed for life. Assasin's Creed, welcome to sitting on top of the 360 if I get a new game. You've got a good life span. 9/10

OVERALL: Some people call it a dissapointment for all the hype it got. I say it lived up to my expectations, and then some. I never expect a perfect game. There are always flaws, and Assasin's Creed is no exception to that logic. Overall, the game flows well and has a good story to it, with a couple o' twists. If you get it, think critical of everything said in the game. You might just figure things out. 9/10

Spoiler

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

View PostNosferatu, on Nov 19 2007, 05:42 AM, said:

I just finished it and...the credits are playing. I'm going to see if anything else happens.

Edit: Uhm...review, I guess.

Graphics: Altair is detailed very well, as is every character. The buildings have beautiful detail, which they should since you're climbing them more then half of the game. No graphic glitches for me. In the main HUB of the game, it would have been nice to see out the windows, instead of being blinded. Great graphics, but could be a teeny better. 9.5/10

Sound/ Music: The music captures the moment and intesifies the battles. When you come up to a city, you just get a song that just sounds like it fits you viewing over the city. The voices are a bit strange. The main characters, great voice-overs that come through clear as a bell. Although I never did understand why Altair sounds like a guy from our time. The crowd voices sometimes are a bit strange. They sound like they were just sloppily recorded, which does seem odd while you're running through them. Sure it IS a memory but it could be a little clearer there. [8/10]

Gameplay: Do I even need to explain? Climbing buildings, stealth kills in the middle of a crowd, jumping from crazy heights and a good chase have never felt as great. Combat is great, but could use a little adjusting. The jumping movements are perfect. It's not like in Crackdown where you can leap a building in a single bound. These are realistic jumps. And it's never felt so awesome. The side missions DO feel a little tedious though, but mistakes in them CAN lead to some fun happenings. 10/10

Replay Value: It's there, trust me. With the flags to collect, little missions to do (which can be tedious, but still can result in crazy happenings), and just running and killing for the HELL of it, there is still plenty to do after you find the credits. Halo 3, you have been shelfed for life. Assasin's Creed, welcome to sitting on top of the 360 if I get a new game. You've got a good life span. 9/10

OVERALL: Some people call it a dissapointment for all the hype it got. I say it lived up to my expectations, and then some. I never expect a perfect game. There are always flaws, and Assasin's Creed is no exception to that logic. Overall, the game flows well and has a good story to it, with a couple o' twists. If you get it, think critical of everything said in the game. You might just figure things out. 9/10

Spoiler

Replay value is nearly non-existent unless you're one of those idiots who will collect roughly 400 hidden flags to unlock a couple of achievements that don't really gain you anything. You also spelt disappointment, Assassin, intensifies and shelved wrong during the review. You completely overrated the game like a typical Jade Raymond groupie instead of reviewing it based on your last impressions instead of your first.

I receive a game roughly a month before it's out in stores to review, you receive a game on release and you've already written up a review that's riddled in random bull****. The gameplay does not deserve a perfect score because as many have mentioned it's actually quite repetitive after a while. Your missions practically involved travelling to a location and shoving a blade up someone's ass, yes it's fun but is it fun after a few weeks, because let's be honest you haven't played the game for weeks before writing that.

Assassin's Creed was planned to be a trilogy since the game was announced so your spoiler tag is not only stupid since you're not spoiling anything, but telling people that there's going to be another game coming out isn't even a freaking spoiler to begin with. You have reduced the IQ of GSSF substantially with this post.

PS. I call this constructive criticism, hope your next review doesn't suck balls.

#10   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

View PostNemphtis, on Nov 25 2007, 01:07 AM, said:

Replay value is nearly non-existent unless you're one of those idiots who will collect roughly 400 hidden flags to unlock a couple of achievements that don't really gain you anything. You also spelt disappointment, Assassin, intensifies and shelved wrong during the review. You completely overrated the game like a typical Jade Raymond groupie instead of reviewing it based on your last impressions instead of your first.

I receive a game roughly a month before it's out in stores to review, you receive a game on release and you've already written up a review that's riddled in random bull****. The gameplay does not deserve a perfect score because as many have mentioned it's actually quite repetitive after a while. Your missions practically involved travelling to a location and shoving a blade up someone's ass, yes it's fun but is it fun after a few weeks, because let's be honest you haven't played the game for weeks before writing that.

Assassin's Creed was planned to be a trilogy since the game was announced so your spoiler tag is not only stupid since you're not spoiling anything, but telling people that there's going to be another game coming out isn't even a freaking spoiler to begin with. You have reduced the IQ of GSSF substantially with this post.

PS. I call this constructive criticism, hope your next review doesn't suck balls.

And I would hope you would have stopped sucking balls since you left, but obviously that didn't happen.

And it's called an opinion. You yourself having an opinion doesn't count for much. If I need to explain why, your ignorance is a lot greater then I thought.

And frankly, I don't give a flying **** about the typos. I was ****ing tired.

#11   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:48 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Nov 26 2007, 03:08 AM, said:

And I would hope you would have stopped sucking balls since you left, but obviously that didn't happen.

And it's called an opinion. You yourself having an opinion doesn't count for much. If I need to explain why, your ignorance is a lot greater then I thought.

And frankly, I don't give a flying **** about the typos. I was ****ing tired.

Oh man, your lyrical disses are too intense. I'm frying from the stone cold cusses you're throwing at me from left, right and centre like a boxing champ. Every review is an opinion you imbecile, and just like you have the right to voice your opinion about a game with a stupid review, I have the right to voice my opinion about your stupid review with my reply. Also my opinion doesn't count for much? Last time I checked, I'm the one that has my reviews on gaming websites, your reviews are something I would enjoy printing onto toilet paper and wiping my ass with it. So eat **** and choke on a coconut, biatch.

#12   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                          • AKA escout

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?

#13   redchi 

• Gallant
                          • PipPipPip
                            • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

i want to play this game when i can

#14   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Nephitmis, Nosferatu, why all the hate. This is a palce of loving.

Anyway, in fear of Nephitis, I will NOT review this game. It's good. That's all I will say. 8/10.

#15   Arkarian 

• Knight
                              • PipPip
                                • Interests:Books, Games, Manga (fav=Shoujo-ai) and Anime

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

Righto, I thought it was a pretty ok game, wasn't godly but then I'm more of a comedy lover and there was not much of that, unless your humour is blacker than Baals depthless pupil. In which case you might find it funny. Anywho my brother and I enjoyed playing it for all of two days, then we got through the story (relatives got in the way otherwise it may have been quicker). Probably won't ever bother collecting the flags but you never know. Just a point but I'm curious as to why being repetitive is classed as a negative, seeing as most things in life are in fact repeats of what you did yesterday and the day before that. You don't get bored of breathing now do you? Liked it while I played it, but its nothing super special nor has it emblazoned itself on my mind the way a game called Primal did when I completed it, now that was satisfaction. The kind you get when you manage to get your cup of tea just right. Give it 7/10.

#16   Laharl 

• Banned
                                  • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                  • Interests:research it
                                  • AKA Dullahan

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

why has no one mentioned the god awful dialogue? why!?

i put that knife through your jugular to stop you from spouting endless amounts of verbal bile, not to encourage it

as for the combat, imagine if Kratos was morbidly obese, had downs syndrome and had 100 ton weights starpped to each of his limbs and you have an idea of how the combat feels. Not to mention the horders of guradsmen oh so eager to show you this for riding a horse quickly

most of the other stuff is very good though, if they just shut the **** up and kept to actually assassinating people then the gaming experience would be much more enjoyable

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

Even though the DS version hasn't come out yet, from the reviews and screen shots...

PS3/360 Version>>>>>DS Version.

#18   Laharl 

• Banned
                                      • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                      • Interests:research it
                                      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

the DS version is going look like a red headed stepchild after their guardian has had one too many pints of Skol Super compared to the next gen version.

i honestly see no point in making, its not like anyone is actually going to buy it

#19   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

^ Fanboys and tards will.

Epic.

#20   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

But...It's a baaaad game.

Like, ports liek this ussually never work. I mean, FF12 worked but it wasn't exactly a port, it was a sequel kind of, and they made it work.

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

Awesome commercial I saw on TV maybe two months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwg2nMAUxkk...feature=related

I'm hyped for this game all the sudden. People say the game is repetitive, and I believe it. But you can't deny it looks unique, and in a world where FPS reign dominant in the gaming world, well, unique isn't something you see often.

I'll get it when it comes to the PC on March 25th as the PC version has more content.

#22   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

I have mixed opinions on this game. It looks like more fun than a barrel full of crack addicted monkeys on fire, but if it's just the same thing over and over again i'm not too sure. What annoys me is there is no XBL demo so I have to rely on other people's opinions.

#23   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

It IS the same thing. Go to city. Get info. Assainate guy. Sit through boring-*** diolugue. Run from the guards. Report back to base. Rinse and repeat. I had more fun running around on top of the buildings and randomly killing people than actually playing the game.

#24   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

I think the game's perfect for you, Caael. You claim that you don't have a lot of time to play Oblivion. Well, AC is basically just a bunch of small quests in each city, in which they can take you a few minutes to beat.

I'm debating between the PC and PS3 versions. I do want to buy the game eventually, just for the sake of something different (there's too many derivative shooters these days!!!) but, while the PC version has more stuff, it's supposed to crash like a b!tch. Besides, with how amazing the cities look with all the characters on-screen, I think the game would be more justified on my big HDTV.

Choices, choices...

#25   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

I probably will get it at some point. A lot of the time in games like this i'll just ignore the story for a while and do my own thing; explore and just randomly kill stuff etc (zelda, crackdown.) I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment, but i'll get it in the coming months.

WD, get it on PS3. There's not really a lot you could do with Mods for it, and HDTV>>>Small PC monitor.

#26   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Not so much mods, just plain more **** to do in the PC version but I've heard it's tacked on.

By the way, PC monitors aren't so tiny. My biggest beef with TVs is that from my experience (meaning at my friends houses too) there is ALWAYS ALWAYS a glare on them from somewhere. Not so with PC monitors.

#27   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

It's Ubisoft, what were you expecting with extra content? Probably another 'collect 100 of these pointless orbs'' quests.

If you're getting glare, shut the curtains and/or turn off the light that's making it glare. How big is your TV anyway?

And monitors are small compared to massive TV's. Meh, your choice.

#28   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

50". Closing the curtains doesn't help much.

Either way, I'm not getting this game soon, but I'll wait a bit and see if there's fixes or patches for AC PC though I think I'll end up on the PS3 anyway.

#29   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 09-June 06

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

;) I only have 42"

What weapons do you have in this game? I mean is it just swords and knives, or can you kill bad guys from a distance with a bow or something?

#30   Ironsight 

• Joined: 22-March 07
                                                              • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                              • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

You get throwing knives, which are pretty cool. But you run out real fast and have to get more by pickpocketing thugs. If you arent paying attention they signal the guards ;)

#31   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Location:England

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

So is that it? Swords, knives and throwing knifes. Sounds pretty boring :\

#32   Ironsight 

• Posts: 4,998
                                                                  • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

The highlight is when you jump on people and use this shank thing on them.

#33   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 8,730
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

Sounds fun. I've heard the plot involves a bunch of futuristic crap. Why exactly?

#34   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

Why does it involve futuristic stuff? It turns out you aren't the assassin guy at all, and that you just a decendant strapped to a machine that lets you see the ancestors memory.

#35   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

What? Why bother with all that crap? Why not just leave it as it is, instead of all this memory bullcrap.

On the plus side, I hear there's a sequel coming out soon, and that it might be set in Japan. How awesome would that be, crawling around pagodas as a ninja and throwing shurikens at Samurai's ;)

#36   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

I guess they were just trying to be origional.

#37   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

It is original without it though, I mean what other games can you assassinate Crusade leaders?

#38   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                              • Posts: 11,988
                                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

You're judging it too quickly. It's actually really impressive and interesting.

Besides Caael, you've made it obvious that you don't play video games for story.

#39   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:05 AM

Yeah but it helps. Meh, i'll give it a try. I can get it really cheap on Amazon, so even if it sucks it's not that much of a loss.

#40   Zeypher 

• Disciple
                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                  • Posts: 1,305
                                                                                  • Joined: 02-April 08

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

lol...

Well Ubi needs to get off their fat asses and make AC for the Wii. Assassinations would be so awesome with the Wiimote.

#41   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Mmm nothing like a port with worse graphics and less things on the screen.

Please.

#42   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                      • Posts: 8,290
                                                                                      • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                                                      • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Has anybody here tried AC on the DS yet, and if yes, can you tell us how badly it failed?

#43   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Apr 20 2008, 07:21 PM, said:

Mmm nothing like a port with worse graphics and less things on the screen.

Please.

<sarcasm>Yeah, because graphics are the sole factor that makes a game great.</sarcasm>

#44   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Let's be real here, half the fun of Assassin's Creed lies in the graphics and fluidity of animation. Watching Altair scale a building is a sight to see indeed.

#45   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

@ Zepher-So basically if there are two versions of a game, but one has worse graphics, and worse controles(which it surely will), you are going to pick that one? It's common sense.

#46   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

View PostDipset, on Apr 20 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

@ Zepher-So basically if there are two versions of a game, but one has worse graphics, and worse controles(which it surely will), you are going to pick that one? It's common sense.

Of course I would pick the one with better graphics and better controls. Thats like the 360 version VS the PS3 version. But a Wii version would have not as good graphics and great controls.

But hell, its Ubi we're talking about. They don't take the Wii seriously worth a ****.

#47   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

Actually, it can be compared to the Wii aswell. What if Gran Turismo came to the Wii. YOu then could compare controles, which the PS3 would win since the Wii controles will suck for racing games untill they get an actual wheel(liek the N64 one, not the ****ty one they have now).

And the Wii version won't definetly have great controles. For a game like this, it would seem that the Wii controles would be tacked on, and not of the greatest use.

You need to stop defending EVERYTHING Nintendo does.

#48   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

View PostDipset, on Apr 20 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

Actually, it can be compared to the Wii aswell. What if Gran Turismo came to the Wii. YOu then could compare controles, which the PS3 would win since the Wii controles will suck for racing games untill they get an actual wheel(liek the N64 one, not the ****ty one they have now).

And the Wii version won't definetly have great controles. For a game like this, it would seem that the Wii controles would be tacked on, and not of the greatest use.

You need to stop defending EVERYTHING Nintendo does.

The Wii wheel for MKWii looks like it works. Whats wrong with that? It's like an actual steering wheel...it would be more engaging in terms of controls.

True. Thats if ****ty 3rd Party devs publish it instead of Ubi, who once again, don't do anything for the Wii right.

And I don't defend everything Nintendo does. I know the Nintendo online play is teh suxxor. Maybe you should stop attacking everything Nintendo does?

#49   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

You seem to ride Nintendo's **** in every topic. And the WiiWheel looks like a money making scheme, and not an actual helpfull item. If they made a wheel/pedel set like they had with the N64, then maybe I'd buy it.

But ya, ALOT of the games on the Wii, Galaxy and SSBB included, seem to have the Wii controles tacked on, and have no great use. No diss to Nintendo, I'm just pointing out how not many games have really used the Wii controles in a revolutionary(hehe, het it) way.

#50   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostDipset, on Apr 20 2008, 06:53 PM, said:

You seem to ride Nintendo's **** in every topic. And the WiiWheel looks like a money making scheme, and not an actual helpfull item. If they made a wheel/pedel set like they had with the N64, then maybe I'd buy it.

It's included for free with Mario Kart Wii I think...

Let's talk about Assassin's Creed before we get warned by GL.

Tackling people randomly is fun.

#51   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostDipset, on Apr 20 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

But ya, ALOT of the games on the Wii, Galaxy and SSBB included, seem to have the Wii controles tacked on, and have no great use. No diss to Nintendo, I'm just pointing out how not many games have really used the Wii controles in a revolutionary(hehe, het it) way.

No...not really.

And I agree with you about SSBB...but then again its really made for the GCN controller. I haven't had the chance to play Galaxy, nor do I want to, so I can't say anything there.

#52   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Well i'm borrowing this from a friend atm, in exchange for Bioshock. It's quite fun to play, and the visuals are awesome. Not so much the character models, but looking down on a massive city is breath-taking. I haven't really got used to the fact that I cant run in, swords blazing and that I have to be stealthy :o Quite good for just messing around though.

#53   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                                                                            • Posts: 1,298
                                                                                                            • Joined: 13-April 08

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:41 AM

Eugh Wii controls are more of a burden that you have to deal with when playing Wii games IMO. It only works for a few games but yet you have to use them for all the ones it ruins as well.

#54   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Could, not should

#55   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

:o Just about to beat it.

#56   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

My Assassins Creed review:

First off, I borrowed this game from a friend. I've completed it and refused to give it back because I love it so much.

Gameplay. The gameplay on Assassins Creed is very fun, and polished off. The game is pretty much composed of 3 stages. Stage one is go to the city and find out who you're supposed to be Assassinating. Stage two is to go around the city completing little sub-missions to find out where your Assassination target is. Stage 3 is finding him and Assassinating them, then running back to your Bureau. Unfortunately, this is repeated for the whole game. If you like repetition in games ( like me) then you'll love this game. If not, you'll complete the first Assassination, get to the second one and realise that you're doing the same thing.

The combat system is alright, but could be much better. Mostly, fighting just involves hammering the X button as fast as possible, but later on as you unlock different abilities you get the options to guard, dodge, counter, chain attack, strong attack, throw, guard-break. There's lots of abilities you can use, but if you're like me you'll choose one ability and repeatedly use it. As soon as you get the counter move, the game might as well put its hands in the air and give up because it makes combat a joke. Hold down guard, and when the enemy is about to attack, press X and you'll peform an awesome counter-attack. These look pretty, as you see Altair ducking and swerving around blades and mercilessly destroying opponents, but it all gets a bit shallow after a while. Amusing as it is to watch Altair slap a soldier round the face and then stab him, it gets to the point that you purposely run from fights just to avoid having to go through the mindless process again.

The AI is quite poor also; in a fight, soldiers will patiently wait their turn to attack you. But sometimes, frustratingly, they'll either be incredibly dim-witted or sharp. On one occassion, you can go up behind somebody, stealth assassinate them and walk off, in plain sight of a guard and he'll stand around shouting 'Who did this?' despite the fact that he saw you kill him. Other times you'll do exactly the same thing, except without a guard in sight and then a guard will spontaniously appear out of an alleyway, accusing you of murder drawing you into a fight.

The graphics for Assassins Creed are some of the best on 360. The character models are well detailed, the massive environments and cities are immense, and each one is packed with life. Sitting on top of a massive watchtower and surveying a city is literally breathtaking. The character animations for Altair are also very well done; climbing up walls looks very natural and doesnt look out of place or forced at all. The sound is also very high quality; the voice acting is perfect, Ubisoft had the accents nailed. When you're walking in a marketplace, you'll hear the massive crowd bustling and echoing off the walls. The noise of weapons clashing sounds realistic, and it's incredibly satisfying to hear the shing of your blade meeting the neck of an unsuspecting soldier.

This is a very good game in esscence, and I dont think most people have experienced it the way they should; most people stop after the 2nd or 3rd assassination because it's all the same. If you persevere and get to the end, you wont be dissapointed. This brings me onto the most important part of this review; if you cant find it cheap, rent it. It's not worth buying because it has no replay value whatsoever. If you're obsessed with collecting, then there are templars and flags scattered everywhere, but there's really not much point in collecting them. If you're the person who can replay games to their heart's content without getting bored, go ahead and buy it. If you're the majority of the gaming population, then rent it for a bit. For what it is, it's not worth the £40 price tag. If you rent it, you can experience a (in my opinion) unmissable gaming experience. Unfortunately most people end up buying it and then selling it on because they got bored. Rent it, complete it, take it back, I guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

#57   Zeypher 

• Disciple

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

Triple post!
                                                                                                                    Crappy AI, eh?
                                                                                                                    How deep is the story?

#58   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

Deeper than you would think, but i didnt say anything because i would give away the whole game if i did.

#59   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 1,298
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 13-April 08

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Got this game a few days ago completed it and im loving it, still going to replay it a lot to get all the objectives done and mess around with the assassinations, also lol at Zeypher not existing anymore.

Edit: Also explanation of the ending, http://www.computera...e.php?id=175552

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                        • You cannot reply to this topic