Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...,325458,00.html

This is true love.

#2   Moonear 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

Oh my god, that's really sad but still heartwarming. Think how much love you need to have to pretty much pronounce yourself dead to save someone who isn't even born yet. That is true love.

It would've been the perfect ending if the mom had survive. But that never happens in this world.

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

This reminds me, oddly, of the story that came out of the tsunami. There was a mother who had two children, one a toddler, the other an infant. When the tsunami hit, her house was pounded by waves and all three of them were submerged. When faced with the choice between which child to save, she chose the infant. In the end, all three survive, because the oldest child found a way to swim himself to safety.

I think it goes to show you how devoted parents can be, or in the case of this story, how dedicated parents-to-be can be.

#4   Laharl 

• Banned
          • Interests:research it
          • AKA Dullahan

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:23 AM

yes its heartwrenching and the like, but what kind of life is the child going to have with out a mother?

i respect her decision though

#5   Moonear 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Laharl, people can live perfectly fine without their mother. I know two people that lost their mom, and they're perfectly okay.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
              • Group: Admin

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

This is one of the most heart-warming and sad stories I've ever read. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm teary-eyed right now, and I deeply honor and commend her decision.

God bless your soul, Lorraine Allard, and may your child live the happy lives they deserve.

#7   Caael 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

She was stronger than any other person.

#8   Blitz Ace 

• Squire
                • Pip
                  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

^Took the words outta my mouth.

#9   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                  • Pip
                    • Interests:games, future, drawing, music, debating, science, drinking water, breathing.......

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

if i'd be her, i'd choose the other option without doubt =)
                    because i think "my" life is more important then of a foetus which isnt even able to think or anything....nor has it got any experiences and thus no personality... but its her choice and i respect it

freedom is so beautiful =)

#10   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Yea. A lot of people would undoubtly choose the other option. That's why I say it is true love.
                      Some people are so selfless, that they would give up their own live for someone else, and that mother is a true example of this.

#11   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

View PostSaiph Charon, on Jan 26 2008, 07:21 PM, said:

because i think "my" life is more important then of a foetus which isnt even able to think or anything....nor has it got any experiences and thus no personality... but its her choice and i respect it

If Eugine hadn't responded before me, I would have been ****ing pissed off at your comment as hell.

This is NOT about the morality or decision-making behind whose life is worth 'more' - this is about the selfless sacrifice a mother gave her child. This is about instilling your love and hope in faith, in the faith that your own flesh and blood deserve a chance at life. It's not the decision you should be questioning, it's the reality that there are so few people who would have EVER put someone else before them, and someone whose very existence is dependent on the decision too.

No one gives a damn if you'd have chosen otherwise, at least have the sensitivity and emotion to honor or even just acknowledge this rare act of pure compassion, raw emotion that has been muddled and seemingly removed from the world today amidst all the senseless denouncement of true love.

#12   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                        • Pip
                          • Interests:games, future, drawing, music, debating, science, drinking water, breathing.......

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Jan 27 2008, 12:43 AM, said:

If Eugine hadn't responded before me, I would have been ****ing pissed off at your comment as hell.

This is NOT about the morality or decision-making behind whose life is worth 'more' - this is about the selfless sacrifice a mother gave her child. This is about instilling your love and hope in faith, in the faith that your own flesh and blood deserve a chance at life. It's not the decision you should be questioning, it's the reality that there are so few people who would have EVER put someone else before them, and someone whose very existence is dependent on the decision too.

No one gives a damn if you'd have chosen otherwise, at least have the sensitivity and emotion to honor or even just acknowledge this rare act of pure compassion, raw emotion that has been muddled and seemingly removed from the world today amidst all the senseless denouncement of true love.

Sorry, I don't really get your point =(

If you don't like a post, just ignore it. I don't think it is forbiden to state one's own opinion here, or am i wrong?

#13   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

Basically, the point here was your opinion happened to be both insulting to the memory of the mother, and out of place. If you really felt that way, and wanted to say it, then at least show some sensitivity and say something as simple as "I'm sorry to hear that, she was so strong and caring to do that, however, if I were in her place, blah blah blah".

#14   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                            • Pip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Jan 27 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Basically, the point here was your opinion happened to be both insulting to the memory of the mother, and out of place. If you really felt that way, and wanted to say it, then at least show some sensitivity and say something as simple as "I'm sorry to hear that, she was so strong and caring to do that, however, if I were in her place, blah blah blah".

To not write about how sorry I am and how bad I felt, when I read it, made that post insulting?

#15   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

View PostSaiph Charon, on Jan 26 2008, 07:21 PM, said:

All right, so I admit my mistake. That wasn't clear enough to me that you also conveyed at least some degree of respect, but I should have more carefully read it. It was just the implication I thought you were giving that you were somehow condemning a mother for making that choice.

#16   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                                • Pip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Jan 27 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

All right, so I admit my mistake. That wasn't clear enough to me that you also conveyed at least some degree of respect, but I should have more carefully read it. It was just the implication I thought you were giving that you were somehow condemning a mother for making that choice.

=)

I never condemn anyone for anything, because I'm aware of the fact, that if I would have lived someone others life, I'd react the same way in the end (of course one cannot use this to justify one's own mistakes).

#17   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:Video games, Computer, Card games, Theatre
                                    • AKA killercoz

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

I disagree with the mother's decision. Not that I don't respect her wishes, but now her 3 daughters and her new son are going to grow up without a mother and it is going to be a real strain on the father as well, losing your love, making money to take care of children, and spending time with them. If I was her, I think I might have, unfortunately, give up the baby for not just my welfare, but the welfare of my family.

#18   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

I personally wouldn't do it myself for the reasons you listed coz, but there are people who would never kill another so they may live.
                                      I honestly have to put in religion into this, cuz her family and her baby would be blessed by God because of this. I think this is the ultimate form of love, and her family, and herself would appreciate life much more because of this, and God wouldn't let this pass by without notice. Plus, I believe she thought it was better to let her baby experience life, rather than not, something she already did.

Page 1 of 1
                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                      • You cannot reply to this topic