Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sprite Picking!

Poll: Favorite playable GS1 character?

Isaac

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Jenna 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

Before I receive flack, I'd like to note that I own and have beaten both CARTRIDGE GAMES; I've recently downloaded Golden Sun ROMS for the VisualBoy in hopes I could do some fun editing with the memory viewer. ^_^

Since I was like, 11, I've wanted to play Jenna. So very badly. I scowered the internet for cheats to change my sprite to hers, though nothing came of it, save for finding, refinding, and refinding the name-all-playable-characters add-in.

Replaying it, I've named my Isaac 'Jenna' and I've searched for a way to change my walking-sprite to hers, my battle image to hers (if possible), and though very unlikely, perhaps my overworld sprite?

So far my search has led me here, which only works on GS: TLA (resulting in my downloading of that game, as well. :lol:) It works, but it changes every seen event into whichever sprite is chosen- (To be quite literal, I began as Mia by chance, had Mia's voice, icon, sprite, and in the beginning scene where you move a statue, Mia and Mia- who would have been Jenna and Kraden- moved a grey Mia (motions and everything!) with psynergy that instead of flying sparks, sent off flying Mias.

Man, it was like a nightmare.

As I'm sure you've surmised, this isn't what I want, as I'm looking for a way to achieve something similar on GS1 without EVERYONE and everything becoming Jenna as well. :P

Any help would be appreciated... I love these games! =]

-Jenna :)

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:37 PM

You could try creating a patch file and setting your sprite using that, but that takes knowledge which I can't provide.

#3   Jenna 

• Knight
      • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

Aaaa patch file? What?
        I'd be happy to learn if it doesn't require a programmer's degree. :joy:

#4   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:.5% per annum.
          • AKA Spam King

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

Probably. I doubt you'd find much help here though, most of us aren't particularly savvy when it comes to modifying ROMs.

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
            • Group: Admin

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

Patches are simple downloads that can be applied to a rom through an emulator. One popular use of patches I've seen is to translate otherwise Japanese-only titles (i.e. some of the unreleased Fire Emblem games, Earthbound), and again all you'd need to do is simply download it and find out how to make it compatible with the emulator you're using - I know for certain VisualBoy Advance supports it.

As for actually creating the patch, that I'm not too sure about. It's possible, and I'll be certain to link you to any information I can find.

#6   Jenna 

• Knight
            • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Feb 12 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

Patches are simple downloads that can be applied to a rom through an emulator. One popular use of patches I've seen is to translate otherwise Japanese-only titles (i.e. some of the unreleased Fire Emblem games, Earthbound), and again all you'd need to do is simply download it and find out how to make it compatible with the emulator you're using - I know for certain VisualBoy Advance supports it.

As for actually creating the patch, that I'm not too sure about. It's possible, and I'll be certain to link you to any information I can find.

Ooooh really? That sounds useful. =] Do you know where I could find such a patch? (not to get off topic... Yikes.)

Thanks. =]

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic