Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Penguin Artwork really by kate...I swear, I don't get the penguin to draw for me &

#1   kate 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
    • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hey so I decided to make another art topic cause I'm just that awesome. Couple of things you should note

- my scanner kills all
    - these are all rough sketches and concept ideas done in under 20 minutes
    - I don't color because of a reason you will see on the one I did color...yeah that made sense
    - it took me so long to transfer all of these over so if you don't like them...well tell me anyways, but be nice about it @.@
    - I use reference photos for some, so if you recognize a pose or something, it's cause I used it to suck less B)

This one is emo:
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/003.png

This is a concept I would like to flesh out in the future. I am aware the window sucks, it is a sketch and I'm lazy. By the way those are his nerves pinned to the wall behind him in the shape of wings. and yes his pants are undone a little cause he smexy like that XD
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/002.png

Saw this scene in a p!nk video and liked it. BUNNEHS
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/001_3.png

I swear she is not in her underwear >.< It's from a tatu poster.
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/010.png

I swear that does not say soulja boy <.< one of my rougher sketches
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/009.png

Damn she's hawt
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/008.png

OMFG I'm so mad. This was one of my best, it's a girl who's make up is smeared from crying and there was supposed to be great contrast between light and dark to make her look more ghost like but my scanner ATED IT
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/007.png

SO not done this one XD the metal thing behind her will eventually be like a sun burst
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/006.png

IT'S CIARA. reference'd aaand this is why I don't color. My paper makes it look grainy. Oh wells, I tried
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/005.png

WTF devil and angel FTW
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/004.png

..ok I had more that I just drew today that I scanned but then forgot to transfer, so I'll get to that in a bit. SO FRICKEN TIRED. kthxbai.

#2   Gio 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Video games, music, drumming, and just chilling with my friends.

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Some pretty cool looking sketches. I actually did like the one you colored. I didn't think it looked bad at all.

#3   MaznAzn 

• Knight
      • PipPip
        • Interests:Zabuza: Water Dragon no Jutsu.<br />Kakashi: Water Dragon no Jutsu.<br />Zabuza: I summon thee.<br />Kakashi: I summon thee.<br />Zabuza: Okay, stop it!<br />Kakashi: Okay, stop it!<br />Zabuza: STOP IT!<br />Kakashi: STOP IT!<br />Zabuza: I'm gay!<br />Kakashi: Good for you.<br /><br />Taken from:<br />youtube.com/watch?v=9s3SSHEr3bc<br /><br />Kakashi: Okay guys, since no one has ANY idea what Chakra is at home, somebody besides me explain it.<br />Sakura: Okay, chakra is like chi, except much lamer. It can only be used through hand gestures, and it combines...body and...soul...er, something stupid like that. Then crazy crap happens.<br />Kakashi: Sakura, you're fired. As for you two, I want you to run up this tree.<br />Naruto: whyyy?<br />Kakashi: because...I f*cking said so!<br />Sakura: What about me? Am I exempt because I'm such a good ninja?<br />Kakashi: yeaaaaah...that must be it.<br />Sakura: but will this help them to become better ninjas in any way?<br />Kakashi: Do you care?<br />Sakura: No.<br />Kakashi: Okay, me and sakura--<br />Naruto: Sakura and [i]I[/i]<br />Kakashi: *punches Naruto* anyway, me and sakura are going to go back and eat some sweet, sweet riceballs. I mean donuts. *Aside* stupid americanization...<br /><br />and this one from: <br />youtube.com/watch?v=LCIVUR0R-nk<br />

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

You've definitely improved since the last time I've seen your drawings. I love the make up smear one, the victorian girl with the umbrella, the soulja girls, the guy with his fly down (XD)...gosh, I love them all!

And the ciarra one looks good. My advice? Don't use sketch paper if you're going to color. It had grains to catch the pencil marks, but it does that too well with colored pencil. Use that shiny printer paper if you're going to color. Much better quality.

Gosh, you'd be amazing with a tablet and some photoshop B)

#4   kate 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

i noes, that's why I use good ol' printer paper now. In fact the other three I just transfered are the ones I've drawn on printer paper, but I'm too lazy to upload them now XD

and thanks for the compliments ma, coming from you it's an honor n.n

yeeeah. I just wish I ever bothered to fill out my sketches. That Ciara one is pretty much as complete as they get, and I have like three that have made it to that stage XD

a tablet would be awesome, then I wouldn't have to deal with a scanner. But alas, I am poor ): and I want the like 5000 pressure levels one B) I'm needy

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
            • AKA escout

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

your work is really nice and I hope to see more.

#6   Moonear 

• Disciple

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Your art is really good, I particularly like the one with the make up smear. Are you considering art as a career choice?

#7   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostMaznAzn, on Feb 26 2008, 12:02 AM, said:

You've definitely improved since the last time I've seen your drawings.

I thought you didn't know anybody on this forum, so how could you have seen her drawings before?

Wow, and peopel tell me that I am too obvious about the thing I'm not supossed to talk about.

Oh and Kate, I would love to tell you how much I like your drawings, but alas, I can not view them.

#8   Moonear 

• Disciple

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

She probably means that she looked at an old artwork topic or something along those lines.

#9   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

...nice save.

#10   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                      • Group: Moderator
                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

You should ink them, some of the lines are a bit hard to see... very good though.

#11   MaznAzn 

• Knight
                      • PipPip
                        • Interests:Zabuza: Water Dragon no Jutsu.<br />Kakashi: Water Dragon no Jutsu.<br />Zabuza: I summon thee.<br />Kakashi: I summon thee.<br />Zabuza: Okay, stop it!<br />Kakashi: Okay, stop it!<br />Zabuza: STOP IT!<br />Kakashi: STOP IT!<br />Zabuza: I'm gay!<br />Kakashi: Good for you.<br /><br />Taken from:<br />youtube.com/watch?v=9s3SSHEr3bc<br /><br />Kakashi: Okay guys, since no one has ANY idea what Chakra is at home, somebody besides me explain it.<br />Sakura: Okay, chakra is like chi, except much lamer. It can only be used through hand gestures, and it combines...body and...soul...er, something stupid like that. Then crazy crap happens.<br />Kakashi: Sakura, you're fired. As for you two, I want you to run up this tree.<br />Naruto: whyyy?<br />Kakashi: because...I f*cking said so!<br />Sakura: What about me? Am I exempt because I'm such a good ninja?<br />Kakashi: yeaaaaah...that must be it.<br />Sakura: but will this help them to become better ninjas in any way?<br />Kakashi: Do you care?<br />Sakura: No.<br />Kakashi: Okay, me and sakura--<br />Naruto: Sakura and [i]I[/i]<br />Kakashi: *punches Naruto* anyway, me and sakura are going to go back and eat some sweet, sweet riceballs. I mean donuts. *Aside* stupid americanization...<br /><br />and this one from: <br />youtube.com/watch?v=LCIVUR0R-nk<br />

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

@Skid: actually she showed me her old artwork topic in a msn chat. Honestly, you think this is all a conspiracy or something? :) Maybe you're doing it to take the attention away from yourself. <_<

Hm...well, you could start out cheap and then work your way up to a good presurized pen tablet. I have a nice tablet, but it really isn't much different than my first one; a cheap $75 one. Yeah, it was smaller, but the pressure was the same. The one I have now is Genius tablet. I lurf it B)

#12   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                          • AKA escout

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

When I first saw this topic, I swear, I thought it said Penguin Attack instead of Penguin Artwork.

How about you draw some penguin soilders or something

#13   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

me and animals don't mix when it comes to drawing <.< but I will try for you

and yeah, like I said, done in under 20 minutes, so I don't ink most of them. That takes time and effort B) (besides, the lines are darker irl, just my scanner devours, even at 90% contrast x.x)

Thanks so much for your comments guys <3

I HAF MOAR

omffffg so mad at this one. It started off great and I like the way I drew the legs, but proportionally they are like half a cm too short >.< so I have to redraw them, but I dun wanna D:
                            http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/tudou.png

raaaandom. The girl's body on the right is waaay too skinny for her head, and she is handsless, soo it makes her look like she's a crack whore. I love my lil crack whore <3
                            http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/right.png

*eye twitch* >.o I had beautiful cars. I had beautiful rain. I had a beautiful scarf. Then my scanner was like SCREW YOU. oh and I've had some people tell me no one can bend that way, but I can and so can my friends, and so can the chick in the reference photo, so meh on you :) That's a scarf around her neck by the way, and she's in the rain with a strong light source to the left of the page which is why she's so shaded on the right O NO WAIT SHE'S NOT CAUSE MY SCANNER IS RACIST TO DARKNESS. I type too much. The hand is messed. Rawr
                            http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/rain.png

#14   redchi 

• Gallant
                            • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

great job kate ^^

#15   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

I think you really have improved since the last time I saw your drawings. Poses and all look awesome, can't really find much to critique at the moment. The only way you could improve it is to add colors.

Can you draw guys by any chance? Seems like most girl artists I know can't draw guys for some reason... basically all you have to do to draw guys is take away the boobs and make the shoulders and face more square.

#16   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

hahahaha I draw guys like crazy. Most are effeminate, but that's for...reasons that ma will understand B)

oh yeah if you guys have requests or something I'll do it, I'm always looking for inspiration.

I figure if you have good concepts then the art work can be ****ty and it'll still turn out half decent XD

#17   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                    • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

more boobs plz

I also found out that by highlighting the image there is more contrast. I can see the LINES!!

#18   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

yeah, lines are hawt XD

#19   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

hmm.
                                        I really like the 7th drawing.
                                        The Ciara drawing isn't that bad also. You did a good job at replicating the album art.

#20   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

ty eug. Pics like the Ciara one are how I practice shading, otherwise half the time I'm like "where the heck is my light source"

...why does everyone like the ghost makeup girl. I hate how it looks here.

#21   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

The 7th one seems to have the most expression. I can actually 'see' what she's thinking. Dunno how to describe it lol.

#22   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

ooo no I totally get what you're saying. Yeah I have the biggest problem with expressions other than evil, seduction, questioning and sad or generically content.

Mostly because I have huge trouble drawing mouths open >.< if anyone has advice on that I'd love to hear it <3

#23   Gio 

• Disciple

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

View Postkate, on Feb 26 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

me and animals don't mix when it comes to drawing <.< but I will try for you

and yeah, like I said, done in under 20 minutes, so I don't ink most of them. That takes time and effort :D (besides, the lines are darker irl, just my scanner devours, even at 90% contrast x.x)

Thanks so much for your comments guys <3

I HAF MOAR

omffffg so mad at this one. It started off great and I like the way I drew the legs, but proportionally they are like half a cm too short >.< so I have to redraw them, but I dun wanna D:
                                                http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/tudou.png

raaaandom. The girl's body on the right is waaay too skinny for her head, and she is handsless, soo it makes her look like she's a crack whore. I love my lil crack whore <3
                                                http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/right.png

*eye twitch* >.o I had beautiful cars. I had beautiful rain. I had a beautiful scarf. Then my scanner was like SCREW YOU. oh and I've had some people tell me no one can bend that way, but I can and so can my friends, and so can the chick in the reference photo, so meh on you :o That's a scarf around her neck by the way, and she's in the rain with a strong light source to the left of the page which is why she's so shaded on the right O NO WAIT SHE'S NOT CAUSE MY SCANNER IS RACIST TO DARKNESS. I type too much. The hand is messed. Rawr
                                                http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/rhiria/rain.png

I liked these a bunch. They were real good. I am not an art critic, but the only thing that could be added is color. Other than that your sketches are awesome

#24   PDM 

• Disciple
                                                  • AKA lifeform288

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

Let's quote giant images that take forever to load even though you loaded them the page before.

#25   Gio 

• Disciple

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

It made sense to me. lol.

sorry.

#26   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                      • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                      • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

kate, those are fantastic. It's people like you that make me want to learn how to draw properly. And yes, the emo girl is my favourite. :)

Page 1 of 1
                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic