• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MOTHER 3 finally translated

#1   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

So apparently, this group of people got together and made a fan translation of MOTHER 3 (Earthbound 2 in english).

The website has a patch program available for download. You have to get the ROM yourself, but you just have to run the patch program, and it'll update your ROM with the english translation.

Neat, huh?

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

No.

Since when was the mother series good anyway?

Its only popular because of Ness in SSMB.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

I've heard lots of good things about it but I'm personally not particularly interested. Good for Mother fans, I guess.

#4   Joek2 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Group: Banned

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

this topic ****ing sucks toasty.

Does anyone even know the plot of the Motheverse?

#5   Toasty 

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:33 AM

.....no. XD

I was just mildly interested in the series. Trying to find Earthbound 1 ROM atm, then I'll play through this english translation.

#6   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Members
              • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

awesome, i'll actually check it out, i've seen what it looks like, it be good to pass the time XD

#7   Toasty 

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:16 AM

Alright, I've played a little ways into it. It's actually a pretty good RPG. Menu navigation is a little strange, but that could also just be because I'm using a keyboard.

Anyway, not the most amazing RPG ever, but it's still worth playing.

#8   Xelina 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

oh ho ho. Be glad kiddies that there isn't a Earthbound fan in this group. A while back they had like a en mass siege against Nintendo to make them translate all of the Earthbound games. It was so much fun listening to now they bugged the English Nintendo company....

#9   Toasty 

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

Do go on. This sounds intriguing

#10   Xelina 

• Berserker
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

They raided their mail box and blocked their phone lines. Set up a small forum while a group of 5 men finish all 3 Games in 3 days. People in the company was drawn and made fun of cause they were rude to the them. Jokes was made. Overall it was a massive harassment.

#11   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

I remember when some 13 ear old threw a brick through a window at Jagex's main office because of the changes made to RUnescape. Kid got arrested and charged. Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned.

#12   Xelina 

• Berserker
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

I know, passionate gamers. XD

#13   Toasty 

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

View PostNeophyte, on Nov 15 2008, 08:10 AM, said:

I remember when some 13 ear old threw a brick through a window at Jagex's main office because of the changes made to RUnescape. Kid got arrested and charged. Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned.

What a ***. Runescape sucks massive man sausage.

#14   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

It's great for people who can't pay for MMORPGS. I know there are other ones out there, but most have very little communities.

#15   Toasty 

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

Meh. The graphics suck. And there's a ton of noobs.

TBH, I don't like most MMORPG's, or even most MMO's for that matter. EVE Online looks kinda interesting though.

ANYWAY. Finally beat that first boss guy. Now I'm in some haunted castle. This game is definately unique when compared to other RPG's. There's even a rythm system built into the battles. If you press the attack button in harmony to the battle music (which is in harmony with the enemy's heartbeat, which can be heard once said enemy is put to sleep), you can get combos. The game says it goes to 16, but it's possible you could even go higher. Dunno.

That, and you can see your enemies on the map. Depending on how you're facing the enemies (with your back to them, or if you snuck up behind them, etc.) it determines whether you or your enemy get a pre-emptive strike if anyone gets one at all.

Item storage is kinda limited though (only 16 slots). Healing items and armor/weaponry occupy the same space, and if you have two identical items, they occupy two spaces instead of one (like they would in Golden Sun.

Also, during battles, you can still survive a "lethal" attack (one that deals more damage than your maximum HP) if said attack also kills the user. You'll still take damage, but how much you take is dependant on how fast you press the 'A' button to get through the battle summary. This is because you have a scrolling health meter. Your HP doesn't immediately drop as soon as you recieve damage. It just counts down until the appropriate ammount has been taken away. Also, using a healing item while you health is counting down doesn't negate any of the damage you recieved, but you'll likely see the counter start going up instead of down.

Haven't gotten far enough into the game to get psi powers.

The story however, is actually fairly decent. It's different from most other stories in that it seems much closer to reality than a lot of other RPG plots imo.

Though the best part about this whole thing, is that I can play it in full screen on my monitor. :D Way better than playing it on a GBA.

#16   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:57 AM

I've always wanted to play a Mother game... So I'm hoping to play the third one some day. The game has always sounded so fun. And that active battle system you just described makes me want to play it even more.

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:09 AM

View PostToasty, on Nov 16 2008, 04:05 AM, said:

Meh. The graphics suck. And there's a ton of noobs.

TBH, I don't like most MMORPG's, or even most MMO's for that matter. EVE Online looks kinda interesting though.
                                    ANYWAY. Finally beat that first boss guy. Now I'm in some haunted castle. This game is definately unique when compared to other RPG's. There's even a rythm system built into the battles. If you press the attack button in harmony to the battle music (which is in harmony with the enemy's heartbeat, which can be heard once said enemy is put to sleep), you can get combos. The game says it goes to 16, but it's possible you could even go higher. Dunno.

That, and you can see your enemies on the map. Depending on how you're facing the enemies (with your back to them, or if you snuck up behind them, etc.) it determines whether you or your enemy get a pre-emptive strike if anyone gets one at all.

Item storage is kinda limited though (only 16 slots). Healing items and armor/weaponry occupy the same space, and if you have two identical items, they occupy two spaces instead of one (like they would in Golden Sun.

Also, during battles, you can still survive a "lethal" attack (one that deals more damage than your maximum HP) if said attack also kills the user. You'll still take damage, but how much you take is dependant on how fast you press the 'A' button to get through the battle summary. This is because you have a scrolling health meter. Your HP doesn't immediately drop as soon as you recieve damage. It just counts down until the appropriate ammount has been taken away. Also, using a healing item while you health is counting down doesn't negate any of the damage you recieved, but you'll likely see the counter start going up instead of down.

Haven't gotten far enough into the game to get psi powers.

The story however, is actually fairly decent. It's different from most other stories in that it seems much closer to reality than a lot of other RPG plots imo.
                                    Though the best part about this whole thing, is that I can play it in full screen on my monitor. :D Way better than playing it on a GBA.

Legend Of Dragon FTW!

#18   Toasty 

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

What is this about LoD now?

View PostAquamarine, on Nov 16 2008, 02:57 AM, said:

I've always wanted to play a Mother game... So I'm hoping to play the third one some day. The game has always sounded so fun. And that active battle system you just described makes me want to play it even more.

It's a little boring at first, but it gets better as it progresses. You'll also be switching between characters quite a bit. You first start out as one of the towns people, then you play as Lucas's(or whatever you named him) dad (who'm you'll be playing as for quite a bit in the first chapter of the game), and then you play as another guy in the beginning of the 2nd chapter, where you got to the haunted house and stuff.

I'm not amazed with this game, but it's still worth playing.

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

*Facepalm* Think!

#20   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

Too lazy.

Anyway, the game just gave me a "HOLY SHI- WTF" moment.

when I first started playing the game, I swore that the dad looked JUST like Chuck Norris. And now, when I tried to run a long some railroad track and into a cave, a guy who looks JUST like Mr. T comes running along telling me not to throw my life away.

Holy ****. Western influence.

[EDIT]
                                          HOLY ****ING ****!

THIS GAME IS RATED M.

IT CONTAINS STATUTORY RAPE INNUENDO BETWEEN A KID AND SOME REALLY REALLY OLD CROSS-DRESSING MAGICAL GAY GUY.

IN A HOT SPRING.

I AM DEAD ****ING SERIOUS.

HOLY ****.

#21   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

I pity the peice of bread..

#22   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                              • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

View PostToasty, on Nov 16 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

HOLY ****ING ****!

THIS GAME IS RATED M.

IT CONTAINS STATUTORY RAPE INNUENDO BETWEEN A KID AND SOME REALLY REALLY OLD CROSS-DRESSING MAGICAL GAY GUY.

IN A HOT SPRING.

I AM DEAD ****ING SERIOUS.

HOLY ****.

Hahaha what the ****.

#23   Toasty 

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Dude, seriously. There's these group of incredibly old cross dressing gay guys who don't look old at all called "Magypsies" or something. In chapter 4 of the game, you have to follow some railroad tracks, and eventually you come to a hotspring (which is like a resting spot of sorts, replenish your HP/PP/etc.). So you get the te hot spring, you get in, the the Magypsy guy says he'll givye Psi powers, and the he rapes you.

#24   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                  • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hahaha, wow.
                                                  You know you liked it.

#25   Toasty 

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

My jaw was dropped the whole time.

Doesn't show anything though. Just a black screen and the Magypsie saying things like "hold on, I'm almost done" "Yes! That's it!" etc.

Hence the innuendo.

Anyway, chapter 4 feels a lot more like your typical RPG. In the first three chapters, there was no money, and everything was free. That said, the only way to obtain armor/weapons was to come across them on your journey. I think there's only three weapons you ever obtain, and then there's a special weapon that's just supposed to be used once in a certain battle (like the trident from GS:TLA). Armor is more common, but you still won't find a whole lot of it.

In chapter 4, a currency system is established, and you can buy armor in stores. The storyline is sitll fairly unique though, so that's about the only difference.

And it almost feels like you only get combos by luck. Hitting the 'A' button in perfect time to the beat is incredibly hard. Even when you think you've got it, you probably don't.

#26   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                      • Location:the Netherlands
                                                      • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

THis game is the sex.

#27   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                        • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

Do you mean this by any chance?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Td1wrORK45o

Supposedly he's actually getting baptized from the comments.

#28   Toasty 

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

Read the dialouge. THAT IS NOT BAPTISM.

#29   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                            • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

Moar liek por translayshuns mirite?

#30   Toasty 

• Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

No no, those Japanese pplz have a sick sense of humor.

#31   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                                • Interests:research it
                                                                • AKA Dullahan

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

definately a mistranslation, you simply have to consider how family friendly Nintendo is and has always been, everything points to incompetence/lulz from the translators

Page 1 of 1
                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic