• You cannot reply to this topic

Wario Ware Snapped *sigh*

#1   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Me111

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

So it looks like my original DS is now defunct. This game uses the DSi camera, meaning I don't expect to be able to play it, and I can just imagine future titles being the same. It just seems unfair to me.

#2   Laharl 

• Banned
      • Interests:research it
      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Nintendo evolution: adapt or die

#3   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Me111

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

I just hate this policy they have of flashing one product in front of your face, only to replace it about two years later and insist you buy that one.
        At least in the past I coul stick with the original GBA, but there's no way of doing that with the DS. I'll just leave it.

#4   Laharl 

• Banned
          • AKA Dullahan

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

but then you'll miss out on Nintendo's ever more casual catalogue of new games =(

#5   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Me111

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

How will I survive without my baby simulators and brain training games?!
            The annoying thing is that Snapped looks like a decent use of the DSi's capabilities.

#6   Laharl 

• Banned
              • AKA Dullahan

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

you wont. you'll be a terrible parent without them.

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

View PostLaharl, on Apr 5 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

Nintendo evolution: adapt or die

The Wii is backwards compatible with the GC. The only other times besides this that I can think of where that applies, is the transition from the SNES to the N64, and the N64 to the GC.

The DS dropped compatibility with the GBC, but there's also a whole generation between the two systems.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure, but I'd imagine that unless Wario Ware: Snapped is released through the DSi's digital content thing, then it can probably be played on a DS as well as the DSi. Just minus the camera feature.

#8   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                  • Interests:.5% per annum.
                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

For a game called Snapped, I doubt there's much fun to be had without a camera. :/

#9   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

View PostToasty, on Apr 5 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

The Wii is backwards compatible with the GC. The only other times besides this that I can think of where that applies, is the transition from the SNES to the N64, and the N64 to the GC.

The DS dropped compatibility with the GBC, but there's also a whole generation between the two systems.
                    Anyway, I'm not quite sure, but I'd imagine that unless Wario Ware: Snapped is released through the DSi's digital content thing, then it can probably be played on a DS as well as the DSi. Just minus the camera feature.

That`s half of their transistions (for the console market atleast). Wow, just wow. If you honestly stand by Nintendo on this point you are an ignorant little prick who needs to have his eyes glued open.

And the SNES plays NES games?

#10   Toasty 

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

I thought it did. I suppose I could be wrong. In which case that would mean that they on;y consistently supported older platforms with their handhelds. Up until now.

Anyway, stfu. I'm not a prick you ballsack. I was just calling it like I saw it. Whether my information is correct or not is the issue here. Despite only ever owning Nintendo hardware, I'm not a fanboy because I've always wanted to get other consoles as well. Nintendo just always had the cheaper stuff, and they had games I wanted to play too.

#11   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Yet you continue to blow every cent you have on PC upgrades. :silence:

#12   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Toasty I think they were also referring to the constant add ons and gimmicks that Nintendo forces you to buy to play some of their games, like GBA - Gamecube link cables, the new Wii motion thing, N64 expansion pack etc

#13   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                            • Group: Moderator
                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

Can't deny that Nintendo are ****ing marketing/business geniuses.

I just wonder if they can keep up with their nickel-and-diming approach to the industry.

#14   Toasty 

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Apr 5 2009, 08:11 PM, said:

Yet you continue to blow every cent you have on PC upgrades. :silence:

I wasn't nearly as interested in PC's (or should I say bored with console video games?) now as I was two years ago.

Also, before my 16th birthday, there was no way in hell I would have ever had the cash to build, or even buy my own PC.

Also, think about it. Game consoles cost hundreds of dollars and play games. PC's cost hundreds of dollars, and play games, movies, music, and also offer a slew of useful programs. Not to mention the internets (in a much more convenient form).

Argue about how consoles are multimedia centers all you want, but if you have a PC, you don't exactly have to pay for any of it. ;) *cough*

Consoles are only good for console exclusive titles.

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 5 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

Toasty I think they were also referring to the constant add ons and gimmicks that Nintendo forces you to buy to play some of their games, like GBA - Gamecube link cables, the new Wii motion thing, N64 expansion pack etc

That's a good point.

#15   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                • AKA Spam King

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

View PostToasty, on Apr 6 2009, 01:41 PM, said:

Also, think about it. Game consoles cost hundreds of dollars and play games. PC's cost thousands of dollars, and play games, movies, music, and also offer a slew of useful programs. Not to mention the internets (in a much more convenient form).

Fixed.

And today's consoles can do all of those things out of the box. :/

#16   Toasty 

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I spent $400 on my PC, numbnuts. And PC's do all that stuff right out of the box too. The only exceptions are PC's with integrated graphics, which can only play games to a certain extent.

And read the rest of my post.

Now stfu.

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

View PostToasty, on Apr 5 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

I thought it did. I suppose I could be wrong. In which case that would mean that they on;y consistently supported older platforms with their handhelds. Up until now.
                                    Anyway, stfu. I'm not a prick you ballsack. I was just calling it like I saw it. Whether my information is correct or not is the issue here. Despite only ever owning Nintendo hardware, I'm not a fanboy because I've always wanted to get other consoles as well. Nintendo just always had the cheaper stuff, and they had games I wanted to play too.

That just backed my side. You really just like to hear(see in this case) yourself talk, don`t you?

PS. Correct info not the issue? Really? Am I the only person who sees something wrong with this?

View PostLegolastom, on Apr 5 2009, 11:16 PM, said:

This..

View PostToasty, on Apr 5 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

I wasn't nearly as interested in PC's (or should I say bored with console video games?) now as I was two years ago.

Also, before my 16th birthday, there was no way in hell I would have ever had the cash to build, or even buy my own PC.

Also, think about it. Game consoles cost hundreds of dollars and play games. PC's cost hundreds of dollars, and play games, movies, music, and also offer a slew of useful programs. Not to mention the internets (in a much more convenient form).

Argue about how consoles are multimedia centers all you want, but if you have a PC, you don't exactly have to pay for any of it. :silence: *cough*

Consoles are only good for console exclusive titles.
                                    That's a good point.

Yeah, my PS3 runs Linux, making it a fully working computer; allowing me to do everything yours does, except play games designed for Windows. So please, stfu.

#18   Toasty 

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

Holy frikkin' christ skidz. Shut your ass trap and leave if you're going to be like that.

I was under the impression that the SNES was backwards compatible withe the NES. If I'm wrong, then correct me. You don't have to be an ass about it.

And you read my post wrong numbnuts. I said "Whether my infor is correct or not IS the issue."

As in "the issue isn't about me being a fanboy/prick."

learn to ****ing read.

View PostDrizzy Drake, on Apr 5 2009, 10:01 PM, said:

Yeah, my PS3 runs Linux, making it a fully working computer; allowing me to do everything yours does, except play games designed for Windows. So please, stfu.

Have you ever even used Linux before? Do you realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to get it to properly play media?

Don't get me wrong, Linux is a great OS. But only once you actually get it to work. Until then, it's a huge ass-pain.

[EDIT] And before you say anything, yes, I've used Linux before.

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

View PostToasty, on Apr 6 2009, 01:58 AM, said:

Holy frikkin' christ skidz. Shut your ass trap and leave if you're going to be like that.
                                        I was under the impression that the SNES was backwards compatible withe the NES. If I'm wrong, then correct me. You don't have to be an ass about it.

And you read my post wrong numbnuts. I said "Whether my infor is correct or not IS the issue."

As in "the issue isn't about me being a fanboy/prick."
                                        learn to ****ing read.
                                        Have you ever even used Linux before?[/b] Do you realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to get it to properly play media?

Don't get me wrong, Linux is a great OS. But only once you actually get it to work. Until then, it's a huge ass-pain.
                                        [EDIT] And before you say anything, yes, I've used Linux before.

No sir, I installed Linux but decided fuck it and just left it to rot, taking up space on my hard drive.. :silence: And I never said I was sure about the SNES with NES, I just know I`ve never seen it been done.

#20   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                          • Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

So, Wario Ware Snapped. How is it?

#21   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Because any of us are stupid enough/buy into Nintendo`s scams enough to buy a DSi..

#22   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                              • AKA Spam King

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

I would if I had the money...

#23   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA watch

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:19 AM

Has anyone bought a DSi on these forums? I thought about it briefly before I saw the price tag and that my flashcard won't work on it.

#24   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

You can trade in your Lite for one, but you still have to pay half price.

#25   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Apr 7 2009, 12:01 AM, said:

I would if I had the money...

*facepalm* Why would anybody ever pay more for their system upgrade than the did the system in the first place?

View PostSplit Infinity, on Apr 7 2009, 08:34 AM, said:

You can trade in your Lite for one, but you still have to pay half price.

Because that`s not bull****...

#26   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                      • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

View PostDrizzy Drake, on Apr 7 2009, 11:05 PM, said:

*facepalm* Why would anybody ever pay more for their system upgrade than the did the system in the first place?

Because that's the point of an upgrade? You pay more? >_>

#27   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                        • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                        • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

I know you were being sarcastic, but I dont recall the SP beig any more ezxpensive than the GBA, meaning that after casualness started selling, they decided to jump the fucking shark. Fuck you Nintendo, fuck you.

#28   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                          • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

True, but then the SP didn't come with cameras, SD slots and a software overhaul.

#29   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                            • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                            • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Touchè. The thing is I`m not 12 and I don`t have a vagina, so the camera and other **** doesn`t really appeal to me.

#30   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                              • Group: Admin
                                                              • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                              • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

Skidz, have you considered that there might also be people who don't yet have a DS?

#31   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 06-April 05
                                                                • AKA Me111

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

I doubt that the DSi would appeal to anyone who didn't already have a DS though. I mean, people who didn't get the original version would probably have bought a Lite. I doubt the addition of a camera would make those who held off for this long suddenly decide they needed it.

#32   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                  • Posts: 11,279
                                                                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Probably the worst thing is that they've changed the adaptor plug yet again. Which means you lose another power socket on top of your SP/DS and Lite chargers. :silence:

#33   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 9,159
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA Me111

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

I've noticed that this topic has slowly become a DSi topic...
                                                                    So I've seen a few videos of Snapped and I don't think it would have much lasting value. I mean it would be fun for awhile but I think the whole head tilting thing would get boring after awhile.

#34   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

It's portable EyeToy, more or less. I got bored of that game overnight.

#35   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

Metacritic said:

http://www.metacritic.com/media/games/platforms/ds/wariowaresnapped/picture.jpg http://www.metacritic.com/_images/scores/games/55.gifhttp://www.metacritic.com/_images/scores/outof100.gif
                                                                        Nintendo Life - "Lets the series down; it feels more like a tech demo than anything else – there's no replay value because high-scores and full games have been removed, and then you have to be content with the fact that there are only 20 microgames to play (instead of the hundreds available in every other WarioWare!)"

You can feel better now. =D

#36   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • Posts: 9,159
                                                                          • AKA Me111

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

Snapped appears to be a smaller WarioWare than usual. Apparently they're going to have another DS WarioWare, so I'll wait for that instead.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                          • You cannot reply to this topic