• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E32009 demo - destroyed vale?

#1   Neon 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

There's some speculation that the first two areas we see in the video/demo are the new Vale, and what's left of the mountain after it was destroyed at the end of TLA.

It kinda makes sense really. We have a ruined mountain range and a Vale style building. The cave with the psynergy crystals and the rocks the hero jumps over could be what's left of the caverns inside the mountain (where the stars were).

#2   gsninja 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

I dunno what to think of the first area being the new Vale, but I can definitely see the second area being part of a ruined Mt. Aleph. I have doubts about that too, though, because was there ever a bridge connecting Vale to Mt. Aleph?

Then again, it could've been built sometime between the events of GS:TLA and GS DS

#3   Max 

• Administrator
        • Group: Admin

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

Um, there were quite a number of bridges in Vale. Also, that house styling is only used in Vale, Vault, Bilibin, and Altin, so it would make sense for the village shown to at least be in the general vicinity of Vale/Mt. Aleph.

Vale is also the only place that I recall having that arch structure, though that doesn't mean it couldn't be a new thing. It does make sense to me that the cave could be some part of the inside of the mountain.

Again, it's all just speculation. The whole thing could be custom for the demo, and may not have any real meaning at all.

#4   gsninja 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

View PostMax, on Jun 3 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

Um, there were quite a number of bridges in Vale. Also, that house styling is only used in Vale, Vault, Bilibin, and Altin, so it would make sense for the village shown to at least be in the general vicinity of Vale/Mt. Aleph.

Vale is also the only place that I recall having that arch structure, though that doesn't mean it couldn't be a new thing. It does make sense to me that the cave could be some part of the inside of the mountain.

Again, it's all just speculation. The whole thing could be custom for the demo, and may not have any real meaning at all.

I never remembered a bridge as prominent as that one, but then I just remembered the two big bridges, one above Jenna's house and the other near the sanctum, so it really could be Vale.

#5   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

it's not like it's some sort of grand stone bridge, I'd say it was built at some later time, along with the house ;)

There will be inconsistencies between tla and gsda. Look at how the world changes between Zelda games, it will be like that. I'd say the important landmarks will be featured though.

#6   Bomberman65 

• New User
              • Interests:Gaming, Listening to music, Reading, Anime, Manga, and Hanging out with my mates.
              • AKA Master Katarn

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

View PostNeon, on Jun 4 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

it's not like it's some sort of grand stone bridge, I'd say it was built at some later time, along with the house ;)

There will be inconsistencies between tla and gsda. Look at how the world changes between Zelda games, it will be like that. I'd say the important landmarks will be featured though.

Yeah if its with the original heroes' descendants things will look alot diffrent. There might still be familiar landmarks like Neon said. So itll be intresting to see when we get more info and/or a new trailer.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

My memory is failing me. Mt. Aleph collapsed when the Golden Sun was formed over it when the lighthouse's elemental lights connected... right?

Did we ever get to see what extent the damage was to Vale when the mountain collapsed? Was it really so bad that the villagers had to resettle somewhere else and they couldn't just build over it or whatever?

#8   Bomberman65 

• New User
                  • Interests:Gaming, Listening to music, Reading, Anime, Manga, and Hanging out with my mates.
                  • AKA Master Katarn

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

View PostSomeone Else, on Jun 16 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

My memory is failing me. Mt. Aleph collapsed when the Golden Sun was formed over it when the lighthouse's elemental lights connected... right?

Did we ever get to see what extent the damage was to Vale when the mountain collapsed? Was it really so bad that the villagers had to resettle somewhere else and they couldn't just build over it or whatever?

Correct. I dont think we did see the extent of the damage but I cant imagine that it was that serious that they had to relocate. But then again we'd need to see pics of the damage at the end of TLA. To my memory I think it was just Mt. Aleph that collapsed and ended up underground. But then I'd need to go back and play TLA, which im doing btw. ;)

#9   FusionDragon28 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip
                    • Interests:Anime, Manga, Video Games, Cosplay, Conventions

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:30 AM

The damage couldn't have been that extensive. Even after everyone fled Mt. Aleph, they didn't even make their way to the nearest town to recoup (Vault). Who knows how long it took Felix and Issac to travel back to Vale from Prox.

FD28

#10   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                      • Group: Veterans
                      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

You forget that they have teleport. :P

The ending scene, if I remember, showed that vale had been completely decimated in the background. There were still mountains though. All that was left of vale, however, was extremely rocky terrain.

Though personally, I think the demo shown at E3 was put together for the sake of having a demo. I don't think it's anything from the actual game.

#11   Kaj 

• Knight
                      • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

View PostToasty, on Jun 28 2009, 06:23 AM, said:

Though personally, I think the demo shown at E3 was put together for the sake of having a demo. I don't think it's anything from the actual game.

But what about the playable part? It was short, but why make a demo if it has absolutely nothing to do with storyline etc.? I see your point but it would be lame if it just were a demo for demo's sake.

#12   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                          • Group: Veterans
                          • Interests:.5% per annum.
                          • AKA Spam King

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

Three words: proof of concept. Developers do it all the time to promote new titles, it basically lets them show that the game exists without having to finalise any plot or gameplay details. Thus attracting early attention and/or publisher funding.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic