Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Djinn Setups what did you do?

Poll: Not by the hair of my Djinny Djinn Djinn!

Did you mix and match djinn, or no?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   happysister 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Favorite Games: Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Ys 1 & 2 Eternal, Lunia, Chrono Trigger, Pokémon Fire Red, Custom Robo Arena, Advanced Wars: Dual Strike, Summon Night 2

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

so what do you guys do? do you keep the party elementally pure, or did you mix and match the djinn to see what kinda of psynergy you'd get out of it?

i, personally, kept them all pure. i tried mixing them up once, but didn't like it because it screwed up what i was used to. plus the new psynergy i got from it wasn't as strong as the pure ones. at least from what i tried out.

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

I mixed them up sometimes, but I usually kept them all with their respective adepts.

#3   Gamma 

• New User
        • AKA Darksword

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

I assinged the Djinn I got to their respective adepts. Occasionaly I'd try out a few different setups, but nothing I got were as cool looking as the spells I got keeping everything as is.

#4   FusionDragon28 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Interests:Anime, Manga, Video Games, Cosplay, Conventions

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

The only time I ever switched the Djinn up was when I battled someone else, which was like......twice.

FD28

#5   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
            • Interests:.5% per annum.
            • AKA Spam King

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Some of the mixed classes like Sage and Water Monk are actually quite powerful, you just need to know which djinn to set.

#6   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • Group: Moderator
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

I just about always kept the Djinn to the respective adept. If you don't know what you're doing it could be easy to accidentally make the adepts weaker than they should be by making poor setup decisions. When I play Golden Sun again I'll try mixing things up.

#7   happysister 

• Squire
              • Pip
                • Interests:Favorite Games: Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Ys 1 & 2 Eternal, Lunia, Chrono Trigger, Pokémon Fire Red, Custom Robo Arena, Advanced Wars: Dual Strike, Summon Night 2

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

yeah, i was thinking to try mixing things up after i got to the point of end game grinding, just to see what all the psynergy looks like. i'll prolly do the classes one at a time and use the list from the main site.

#8   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

For normal fighting I kept them mixed up. If you optimize the item classes by setting three Djinn of each element not the adepts own they're pretty powerful. Same goes for a lot of the other classes if you get them right. I'd normalize them for boss battles though. If you use summons and the djinn randomly set themselves to your adepts as they recover, you'll often find yourself depending on Jenna for a heal and she'll be all "I don't really know aura anymore cuz I just had a Jupiter Djinni stick itself to me OH SHI-" and then you get destroyed.

#9   happysister 

• Squire
                  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

View PostPlatinum Sun, on Jun 9 2009, 01:48 PM, said:

If you use summons and the djinn randomly set themselves to your adepts as they recover, you'll often find yourself depending on Jenna for a heal and she'll be all "I don't really know aura anymore cuz I just had a Jupiter Djinni stick itself to me OH SHI-" and then you get destroyed.

see, that would happen to me all the time because knowing me, i'd forget to stop and reshuffle the djinn before boss battles. i'd be all like, "Alright! Deadbeard! Let's do this! Wait, why doesn't Mia have OH CRAP NO!!!"

#10   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                      • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

For a while I had them mixed, but lumped together. Like Jenna got all the mercury djinn and Sheba had earth djinn. I used them this way to give them healing abilities, like wish well and give Sheba the ability to revive, while having Piers and Felix on offense. But I get all screwed up if I mix them up too much.

#11   Vanesa 

• New User
                        • Interests:video games, rainbows, conspiracy theories, reading, writing, web design, poetry, piano, drawing, random junk that no one really cares about, songs by Avril Lavigne, taekwondo, doodling, blogging

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

I mix them up occasionally - I found a system I liked that made everyone able to heal or revive. Most of the time they're pure, but when I face the Doom Dragon, I mix it up just for the heck of it and for a challenge.

All my setups are different and random, so I don't remember them, but almost always I equip Ivan with the Tomegathericon and give him 3 Venus, Mercury, and Mars. (I like him dealing a lot of damage to the Doom Dragon with Call Dullahan. ^^)

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic