• You cannot reply to this topic

FUK UPS

#1   Drizzy Drake 

• God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

This is irony at it`s ****ing best. I message`d Toasty about a month ago asking how I check my computers temperatures and ****, because some dude got a rig from Digital Storm and the heatsink was loose. Toasty said the DS guys were good and it should be fine. When they sent it to me everything was fine. It gets to me, and the mouse box is damaged, the subwoofer is damaged, and my ****ing heatsink is loose. I got two people in to see it, and neither knows how to fix it (the heatsink is ****ing massive and different than normal).

The computer powers on, revs like an engine for like 15 seconds and then just shuts off. Both my friends, and two DS technician people say it is 99% the heatsink thats causing the computer to overheat, thus causing it to save itself by shutting down.

I talked to Randy, and he said when they sent it it was perfectly solid, wouldnt budge a mm. NOW, it moves a quarter to half an inch to the left and right and a bit up and down. And I talked to computer store people; it should take 7, 8 days to fix and I dunno how much. I CAN send it back to DS, free of charge, but that could take a ****ing month.

So essentially, fuck UPS, fuck them up their stupid asses. (anyone who gets reference gets a cookie.

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

Yes, but what about the keyboard?

#3   Drizzy Drake 

• God
        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

It was clearly the OS, because this keyboard is doing it too. But with backlit keys for night gaming :P

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

's pretty fancy

#5   Drizzy Drake 

• God
            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

and loud (computer not the keyboard)

#6   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
              • Interests:.5% per annum.
              • AKA Spam King

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

View PostSomeone Else, on Jul 31 2009, 03:36 PM, said:

Yes, but what about the keyboard?

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

You can't really blame DS for this Skidz. They do a pretty darn good job of packaging their stuff.

If anything, it's the company that shipped it that's at fault. Who did you use Fed Ex, UPS? And which service did you use? Priority, overnight? Some shipping co's don't really play nice with "fragile" goods depending on what shipping service was selected, and some just don't play nice period.

Either way, chances are it's the heatsink. And if it's wiggling like that, the bracket is probably broken (or worse, the heatsink itself).

To be honest, I'd buy a new one, because I'm not too fond of DS's selection of heatsinks. If you want reccomendations, go to Frostytech.com. They have an assload of very good and detailed heatsink reviews. It's how I decided on my current heatsink for my comp (A 120mm Tuniq Core Contact Freezer, which works wonders for $30).

And more importantly, I thought you bought your Comp from Veloctiy Micro?

Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower with the curtain and bathroom door open, since I'm home alone, and I'm not expecting any company. I'll take pictures for anyone who wants them. :P

#8   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                  • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

View PostToasty, on Jul 31 2009, 10:50 PM, said:

You can't really blame DS for this Skidz. They do a pretty darn good job of packaging their stuff.

If anything, it's the company that shipped it that's at fault. Who did you use Fed Ex, UPS? And which service did you use? Priority, overnight? Some shipping co's don't really play nice with "fragile" goods depending on what shipping service was selected, and some just don't play nice period.
                  Either way, chances are it's the heatsink. And if it's wiggling like that, the bracket is probably broken (or worse, the heatsink itself).

To be honest, I'd buy a new one, because I'm not too fond of DS's selection of heatsinks. If you want reccomendations, go to Frostytech.com. They have an assload of very good and detailed heatsink reviews. It's how I decided on my current heatsink for my comp (A 120mm Tuniq Core Contact Freezer, which works wonders for $30).
                  And more importantly, I thought you bought your Comp from Veloctiy Micro?
                  Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower with the curtain and bathroom door open, since I'm home alone, and I'm not expecting any company. I'll take pictures for anyone who wants them. :P

I wasn`t blaming DS. I was just saying you said DS was great and it wouldnt be loose, and I said I bet they are but it oculd get ****ed in shipping, therefore...

But no, got a friend of a friend to do it for 2 grams. Fairly simple, and would`ve cost me an assload at a store. It`s a good enough heatsink, the V8, and it`s brand new so why buy another when this is already upgraded from stock. It was running fine for an hour, now i`m back on this on running AVG and Spybot S.A.D.

And nope, DS; I was only checking out VM. Their selection wasn`t as good.

and GOD no.

oh and the mouse is seeexy. and the keyboard is pop/juice free so i can finally play source well. my old **** was sooo bad and damaged :P

http://www.thg.ru/consumer/razer_deathadde...eathadder_1.jpg

#9   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

That's a nice picture of a hammer there.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Razor line, but they do make pretty good keyaboards and mice.

And you should buy another heatsink because the V10 is way better than the V8. It's even got Thermo-Electric Cooling. =O

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic