Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun Let's Play/Walkthrough Something I'm doing with help from this site

#1   gamingwolf13 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

I do Let's Plays on Youtube and have recently started Golden Sun, TLA will be next. Since I'm using the information from the enemy bios, djinn, etc. from the site, I thought I should ask for feedback from the members here. Not too far yet, but GS has a long intro. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better, then I'd like to hear them. I'm not good at editing videos and adding nice effects yet, so those may change over time.

Playlist is here and will be updated as I upload.

Part 1: Cliffhanger in the Intro?!
    Part 2: Boss Fight!
    Part 3: Sol Sanctum
    Part 4: I Love Cliffhangers - Side Quest: Elemental Star Collecting
    Part 5: RPG Logic
    Part 6: Freedom!
    Part 7: Leaving Nick Behind
    Part 8: Wild Djinni Appears!

This post has been edited by gamingwolf13: 14 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

I'd suggest having a "main trunk" of sorts, where segments directly related to the storyline will go, and making another "trunk" for side quests. Basically, you'd keep doing what you're currently doing (Labeling them "Part [#]: [title]"), but adding in separate labels (i.e. "Sidequest [#]: [title]" or something similar).

That way people can choose to only follow the main story line in your playlist, and figure the side quests out themselves. Or vise versa.

Just a thought. You should also talk to Max about maybe adding this as content to the site.

#3   Max 

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

View PostToasty, on 02 December 2010 - 03:15 AM, said:

Just a thought. You should also talk to Max about maybe adding this as content to the site.

He and I have talked a number of times over the past few weeks about this, and I asked him to post here to get some feedback from the rest of the community. Once done, I'll consider putting it on the site, perhaps as a complement to the text walkthroughs.

#4   gamingwolf13 

• New User
          • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

View PostToasty, on 02 December 2010 - 03:15 AM, said:

I'd suggest having a "main trunk" of sorts, where segments directly related to the storyline will go, and making another "trunk" for side quests. Basically, you'd keep doing what you're currently doing (Labeling them "Part [#]: [title]"), but adding in separate labels (i.e. "Sidequest [#]: [title]" or something similar).

That way people can choose to only follow the main story line in your playlist, and figure the side quests out themselves. Or vise versa.

I'll consider doing that. Not really much side quest yet though. I haven't even made it to the world map yet. I will do that for non-important side quests though. Non-important meaning not needed to complete the game. Things like saving Hammet and Crossbone Isle will be marked as side quest. I don't think they're needed to complete the game, but they do give nice rewards, especially the Djinn. I'll also be showing each Djinn fight since each one has different stats, I believe.

Edit: Will be adding links to individual parts and bump every 10 parts.

This post has been edited by gamingwolf13: 03 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic