Radiant Historia Amazingggggg

#1   gsninja 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

http://image4.play-asia.com/350/a9/pa.184813.1.jpg

So this is an RPG for the Nintendo DS, I heard about it after someone from here (I forget who, might've been Zeyph) posted about it in the FB group. Anyways, seriously amazing game, easily one of the top five RPGs on the DS, as hard as it is to believe. It's really reminiscent of the old-school SNES RPGs, which makes you feel right at home if you accustomed yourself to any of those.

Also:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9742/radianthistoriads03a.jpg

Aaaaaw yeah.

#2   Zeypher 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

That was me, yes. I love this game.

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
        • Group: Admin

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Just beat Radiant Historia a couple of days ago. Loved the battle system - there is nothing more thrilling than pushing enemies on top of one another and carrying out a 15+ hit combo. Being able to change the order of your characters moves (even with the enemy) really lends itself to some fascinating strategies.

The story in Radiant Historia is satisfying, though it can be difficult to keep up with between the alternate timelines. You forget that sometimes, characters in one game haven't yet met Stocke (the main character) and that can be surprising at times (though it makes sense once you review the two diverging plotlines).

My main criticism of Radiant Historia is that the game is actually more linear than it seems, as you'll hit roadblocks in one timeline and it will be made painfully obvious that you have to go back and "fix" something in a past event or in the opposing timeline. That said, the sidequests do add a lot of variety and I'm currently going back on finishing all of them to get the best ending too.

The music is absolutely heavenly - I don't think I've gone to Youtube to listen to a game's soundtrack in quite a while. The boss battle theme and final boss theme are beautiful.

Overall, magnificent RPG, and one worth playing. Just don't expect the concept of traveling through time to be as fleshed out as you originally think (still well done), and otherwise you owe it to yourself to own this game if you have a DS.

#4   Zeypher 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Other than Portal 2 this is the best game I've played so far in 2011. <3

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
            • Group: Admin

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Who did you use as your final team? My final three characters were
            Spoiler

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic