• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

College ends for me

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Earlier today, I took my final exam of my undergraduate university career. I graduate this Monday.

I feel like crying now. The past few years haven't been spectacular, and there are aspects I've rued and things I wish could have changed... but I can't help but feel so moved at such a huge phase of my life being over. I will never be an undergraduate again, never stay up late studying for an exam, never experience the thrill of meeting another classmate who comes to be an awesome friend, never be blown away by a lecture or have a class that changes your outlook on life.

It's all done for. College, I miss you.

#2   Zeypher 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

What are you planning to do now?

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
        • Group: Admin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Genuinely not sure. It's a poor answer to give and part of the reason why I feel so sad about all this. Being a student gives you a sense of direction and you know exactly what to do - to study, prepare projects, etc. I'm not sure what I want to do after undergraduate, but I do know graduate studies are in the future for sure. At this moment, I'm not sure what it'll be in exactly.

Most likely, it looks like I'll be working/taking the time off for this coming year, and in the meanwhile I'm debating between studying for the GRE (graduate school) and the MCAT (medical school). I was also half thinking of joining the Peace Corps and actually started my application a week ago, but that is a lengthy process that may take half a year to finish before I know for certain.

tl;dr Really don't know and it makes me sad to say.

#4   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
          • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Congratulations!

You'll make it, you're still young and have a ton of options ahead of you. I know it sounds so cliche, but I really do believe that whatever you chose, I'm sure you'll do great. You know what it takes to succeed, and you did. Now you can reap the benefits of the labor you put into these last four years.

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

Good job boss!

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Group: Veterans
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

I cried for the first time in a very long time today. My youth group had a "Senior night" where we [seniors] sat on stools at the front while everyone looked at all the photos taken of us over the past four years in our youth group. We also talked about what stood out for us the most, and what advice we had to offer.

The thought that as I head off to college, I may never see some of my friends again (some I've known for 11+ years), tears my heart apart.

I look forward to spending my time doing something that's actually of value (high school has been a massive let-down for me in almost all academic aspects), but I can't stand the thought that after we graduate, I may never see any of them again. I know I'll make other friends, but I've known some of these people for a really really long time. The chance that I could ever make better friends than these is slim.

Funny how the viewpoint going into college can be somewhat similar to that of getting out of college. :|

Congrats on getting through it though.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic