• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun Legacy My Pitiful Fanfic ^^

#1   Amon 

• Slayer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

Okay well I've been working on this for a while and I thought I'd start posting some stuff. Here are a couple things you should know.

Leiende - A new village on the south-eastern part of Osenia.
    Elendia - A city on the Southern Continent.

You won't see either of these for a while, but when you hear their names, just look back to this post.

Chapter 1: The Fire in the Sea

Sixteen years had passed since the great quest of Felix and Isaac, lighters of the lighthouses, and every day since, the Golden Sun had risen over the mountains, bringing light to the world below. Gaia Falls remained firm in their place, leaving any chances of their engulfing Weyard behind.

The rising sun from atop the Ankhol Ruins was a particularly beautiful view, and this day it was beheld by Era and his dear friend Eoleo, who was more commonly reffered to as Leo.

"Hey, Leo!" Era called to his companion. "Let's go! We overslept and you're dad is gonna skin us alive! Hurry up!"

"I'm coming!" Leo replied hastily, grabbing his long sword and rushing to catch up with Era.

Era had come to Champa in a small raft as a mere child. Since then, he had been raised under the pirate Briggs, and became a close friend to his son, Eoleo. That had been years ago, and since he had grown to be a young man. He had learned to fish, hunt, and he had particular skill with a sword. Nonetheless, he had also become quite talented in the way of being in trouble's path wherever he went. He knew only too well that today would be no different if they were caught. Briggs would yell at him, Obaba would yell at Briggs, and Chaucha would seperate the two leaving his punishment to a minority. Still, Era didn't like the feeling of being scolded or looked down on.

The two young warriors raced through the ruins, passing statues and clumps of leaves, broken walls and sandy floors. Once every so often, one of the two would slip and fall a great ways, only to discover that it brough them closer to their desired exit. The pair raced through the broken gate of the ruins to the left of a tree blocking the true entrance. They made quickly they ran back to their miniscule boat, only to find it remaining no more.

"What happened to our ship!?" Era exclaimed. "Leo! What happened!?"

"The anchor must have given way!" Leo shouted in reply.

"Anchor!? You used a rock! A stupid rock!" Era roared. The bickering continued into the late morning until at last they realized the foolishness of their arguement and decided on swimming back to their hometown of Champa.

Water splashed, feet kicked, and hands stroked as the two boys made their way back. "How much longer?" Leo asked through gasps of breath.

"Not much longer...look, I can see Champa ahead!" Era replied. No answer. "Leo? Look Leo!"

"Look yourself!" Leo shouted in awe. "To the east!"

Era turned and saw what had distratced Leo. It was a great fire, burning high and bright against the deep blue sky. "What is it?"

"I don't know! Wait, now there's something in the water...ouch!"

"What is it?" Era asked in a curious tone.

Leo had little time to reply, however, before something pulled him under the water violently, leaving Era stranded and unaware in gleaming reflection of the golden sun in the Eastern Sea of Weyard.

#2   Amon 

• Slayer
    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:55 PM

Chapter 2: The Ship of the Pirate

"Leo!!" Era screamed franticly. "Leo!!" The water was too dark to make out the scenes below. In dismay, he dived under. It hardly took long for him

to see that Leo had been pulled under by a Merman. In all speed, he swam to the creature that now held its hand across Leo's neck, drew his sword

a beheaded the creature with one swift slice. Carefully, he grabbed Leo's hand and swam to shore.

Era would have expected a fierce lecture to follow his return in Champa. None awaited either of the two troublemakers today, however. Instead,

there was not a soul to be seen. The entire village was silent and seemingly abandoned.

"What's going on...?" Era asked.

"Everyone must be in the caves." Leo replied after a considerable amount choking.

And so, they proceeded to enter the caves. Once inside, Chaucha greeted them quietly, as if she was unaware of their day-long abscence.

"Mom, where is everybody?" Leo asked curiously.

"Obaba is sick, Eoleo." Chaucha said sorrowfully. "You...should go to her. Both of you."

"Is she okay?" Era asked. But Leo had not waited for an answer. He charged up the stairs of the Champa cave and made found himself in Obaba's

room, Era close behind.

Obaba lay motionless on her bed, her grandson Briggs sitting beside her. The boys were too late.

Three months had passed since the events of the two boys' abscence. Obaba had been cremated on the fires of her pit, and Briggs had not spoken

to Chaucha or the delinquets since. Whether he recalled their mysterious disappearance or not they would never know.

"Leo," Era asked while sitting on the beach, "you remember that boat that your dad used to have?"

"Yeah," Leo replied after a considerable yawn. "he still has on the west end of town."

"Wouldn't it be cool if we could fix it up and use it?"

"What do you want with a ship anyway?" Leo asked curiously.

"I was gonna sail out to see what that fire was."

"You're still thinking about that?" Said Leo, seeming somewhat surprised. "I gave up on that months ago."

"So? Besides, Briggs always used to say that he'd give us the boat when we were grown up, didn't he?"

"Yea, but what if he says we aren't grown up?"

"Oh come on! We've been to the Ankhol Ruins haven't we? And we saved ourselves from a Merman!"

Little argument followed, and they soon agreed to request use of the ship from the former pirate Briggs.

Briggs still had not emerged from Obaba's room. After much consideration, the boys decided not to disturb him. But before they could slip away into

the daylight of outer Champa, they were greeted by Chaucha.

"Chaucha!" Era began, "We were just-"

"It's okay, I overheard you on the beach." She said quietly.

"But we-"

"You can have the ship." The two boys stared at her in surprise.

"You boys have stayed here long enough," She continued, "it's time you had the opportunity to live your lives the way you want to."

#3   Amon 

• Slayer
      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:17 PM

I'm not getting many comments. :lol: Someone speak up and tell me how bad I am.

Chapter 3: The Adventure Begins!

Nine days later, the repairs on Briggs' ship were nearly complete, and the village had never been so alive. The fishermen were preparing a huge feast,

the weapons shop was being particularly generous, and everyone was helping for the biggest celebration in Champa's history since Briggs had made

them all rich, all for Era and Leo. Needless to say, the boys were gleaming with happiness and confidence.

"Hey, Era!" Leo called from the north end of the ship. "I finished the front! We're all set!"

"Awesome, Leo!" Era replied in a shout.

"Boys! Chaucha called from the beach. "The feast is ready! Come on down, everybody's waiting!"

The boys were hardly quick to argue, and they ran down to what would be their last meal in Champa for a long time.

After saying their goodbyes, the party embarked into the Eastern Sea. Hours passed and the they found themselves entering a thick fog, stretching

as far as they could see.

"Leo...Leo I can't see anything!" Era called. "Let's turn back!"

"Come on! Just a little ways further-" Leo began, but was cut off by a sudden impact. He looked down to see that they had colided with a rock.

"Leo I can't stear the ship if I can't see! Let's just head south for now!"

"Alright, but let's hurry up! We can reach Alhafra by sundown if we get some good wind!"

And so, they continued, their sites set on Alhafra. As predicted by Leo, they arrived not long after dusk. After a stay at the Inn and a considerable

breakfast, they took a trip to the weapons shop. This did not last long, however, as they found only two shields and a a sword that could be of any

use. After selling the treasures they had uncovered at Ankhol Ruins, the two boys were satisfied with their coins and their weaponry, and so they

proceeded to explore the town.

Era and leo had both of them heard that Alhafra was one of the largest cities in the southern continents. All the same, it was hard for them to

believe that such a tremendous place had ever existed. People passed hither and thither giving a casual welcome to their new visitors. It was

apparently not uncommon for travelers to be seen in Alhafra.

"Hey Era," Leo said between bites of his breakfast apple, "what do you say we go check out the mayor's house?"

"House is an understatement, Leo." Era chuckled. "That place is more like a mansion."

They laughed, and agreed to head for the mayor's kingly estate.

"What do you mean we're not allowed in!?" Leo shouted angrily at the guard affront him.

"The mayor is currently not taking any visitors. He is in a meeting with the mayor of Madra."

"And he think's he's too high and mighty to be seen by weary travelors!?" Era shot back.

"You can't see the mayor. Period." The guard replied, and at this, it was obvious that they would get nowhere by defying figures of authority in such

a spectacular city.

"That fat-headed creep!" Leo grumbled as they made their way down the steps of the Alhafran Mayor's property. "Who does he think he is!?"

Era, however, was distracted by something to the right of him.

"What is it?" Leo asked.

"A cave..." Era said slowly. "didn't Briggs say he escaped Alhafra through a cave when he was looking for food?"

"Yeah...you're right!"

The companions glanced at eachother quickly, then charged into the cave.

Inside, it was damp and cool, a large improvement over the summer heat outside. There were open chests and prison doors all over.

"Looks like Briggs took everything he here already." Leo said, seeming somewhat disappointed.

"Wait, look! There's a chest that wasn't opened!"

The boys raced to it and opened it carefully.

"What is this stuff?" Leo asked curiously.

"I've heard of it! This stuff is Orihalcon!"

#4   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Auck.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:30 PM

A very good story, Amon! Keep it up. And, you are not pitiful. You are a good writer. Just like me! Keep going!

#5   Amon 

• Slayer
          • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:35 PM

Thanks! Anyway that was just the start of it. Things get interesting soon. More dangerous lol

Chapter 4: The Sword of the Hero

Before they knew it, Leo and Era were rushing in their ship to Yallam, which they had learned from the Alhafran Innkeeper's wife to possess the single

greatest blacksmith in all of Weyard. They were desperately eager to to have him forge the rare ore they had discovered.

"How long before we reach Sunshine's village?" Leo hollared eagerly from the southern end of the ship in a rather fierce storm.

"Should be about three hours if this storm doesn't hold us up!" Era shouted back, showing particular excitement.

Without warning, against Era's hopes, Poseidon raged the storm down upon them in a heated fury unlike anything the young travelers had ever seen.

It was as if the heavens themselves had heard his words and found inspiration in them. The forceful weather continued mercilessly for uncounted

hours, and the companions were forced to retreat to the ship's galley.

Era opened his eyes to the blazing sun in his face, lying on the beach. He must have passed out during the storm. Standing slowly, he looked around.

The ship was still intact, and Leo was asleep on the west end of the beach. Era ran over to him.

"Leo...Leo wake up! Leo, we're in Yallam!" Leo slowly awoke, sitting up with surprising difficulty.

"We are...how...how can you tell...?" He said slowly.

"I can see the huts just south of here. If we hurry, we can get Sunshine to finish with the Orihalcon before sundown!"

After a few moments, the two found themselves inside the famous blacksmith's hut.

"We found it in a cave in Alhafra." Leo said while Sunshine examined the item they had brought him. "We think it's Orihalcon."

"It is," Sunshine replied, "and a very good lot of it, too. I can make you something special out of this!" And with that, the aging, but still energetic

man went to work.

Hours passed and progress was made, though completion was still far ahead. The boys waited, calmly and quietly outside of his hut, until at last, the

blacksmith's wife beckoned them in. Inside, Sunshine held the finest sword either of the two had ever seen.

"This sword is based on one I forged long ago for a group of travelers." He said. "I wanted to name it, but he insisted he name it himself."

The boys were still in awe of the sword, but Era at least was absorbing every word spoken.

"He called it Excalibur." Sunshine said proudly. "He visited me again once, only some five years ago, and told me had killed the greatest of beasts in

his hands. May it be as useful to you two in your journeys."

All the way back to the beach from where they had come, Era could not take his eyes off of the beautiful sword that Sunshine had crafted. At first,

he did not even experience the horror that Leo did when they came to the shore, finding that their ship, the ship of their father, was nowhere to be seen.

[P.S. - I noticed there are a few unintended cuts in my chapters. I'll try to fix them later, but ignore it for now.]

#6   Amon 

• Slayer
            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

Okay this is where things start picking up.

Chapter 5: The Stranded Companions

"Where is it!?" Leo screamed in terrible panic, breaking Era away from his moment of glory. "Where is the ship!?" Era looked around to see that their great boat was missing.

"It's gone..." he muttered in disbelief. "...Leo...our ship is gone!"

The two spent hours racing to the ends of the town and shallow water, praying only that it was some dream, or that the ship had only drifted a ways out, but their search was to no avail.

"It's gone!" Era cried in terror. "Someone stole our ship!"

"What do we do!?" Leo cried, sharing Era's horror. "The innkeeper said that Yallam hasn't owned a ship since their mayor died!"

"We...we have to head south! Maybe we can find another town!" Era said hopefully.

"The map says the only thing down that path is a swamp!" Leo said, shredding their false hopes to pieces.

"That map is sixteen years old, Leo!" Era roared. "And the last time Lalivero visited us, they told us that seven new villages had settled! One was in Osenia! It coulds be right over those mountains, for all we know!"

"What's the use, Era!?" Leo roared back in reply. "You know just as well as I do that Yallam has been apart from the rest of Osenia for decades! Decades! There's nothing to hope for! We're stranded!"

Era stood there, as if someone had slapped him in the face. Then he turned, sickened, and started walking back into the village. "You can go ahead and cry your heart out over there." He called back to Leo. "You can sit there and convince yourself you were born to die if you want, but I'm not giving in yet."

Now it was Leo's turn to stand dumbfounded at his courageous companion as he walked off into and past the town of Yallam.

Some three hours later, Leo was sitting in Sunshine's hut, a mug of hot tea in his shaking hands.

"You have to understand," The blacksmith began, sitting beside him, "Era is the type of guy who refuses to sit and do nothing. He's the type of guy who'll go out and find his own hope if there's none to be had." Still Leo remained silent, his eyes staring solemnly at the floor. "Leo," Sunshine began again, "it's not my place...but if you weren't ready for this kind of thing, maybe you shouldn't have come with him."

It pained him, Leo, to sit there, listening to the blacksmith's words, knowing that every single one of them were true. He was beginning to believe that he shouldn't have come with Era. He didn't have the will. Leo had come on this journey hoping to see magical sanctums and grand buildings, when all he had encountered was the cold reality of his own fear. He knew in his heart, that he might never see his father, or his mother. But suddenly, a thought came to Leo. "Sunshine...Era's lived with me all his life. He's grown up with friends, with family. He's never experienced battle or real hardships." He looked into the blacksmith's eyes. "How can he be so confident? It's like he's done this before."

#7   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:04 PM

Very good! Keep going! I can't wait! There's gonna be fighting, right?
                By the way, what do ya think of my story?

#8   Amon 

• Slayer
                • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

Isaac13, on Sep 2 2004, 07:04 PM, said:

Very good! Keep going! I can't wait! There's gonna be fighting, right?
                  By the way, what do ya think of my story?

A small bit in this next chapter, but in truth i'm putting off the major fights until a "boss battle" at Aqua Rock pretty soon.

Chapter 6: The Encounter at Leiende

The pleasant touch of cold water washed over Era's face and his short brown hair. He had been walking down the path of the river for days now, realizing that in such a far-off place, a village would need to be close to water. Fog consumed the air around him quite suddenly, abstructing his view. Now he really had to stay close to the river, lest he lose himself in the mist.

The fog continued on, stretching miles at the very least. At last, he could bare it no longer, and sat to drink for some time. He arose to the sound of clanging swords. Affront him, a girl around his age was staring at him. At his glance, she quickly rushed off.

"Wait!" He called desperately. "Wait!" The girl would not stop running, so he decided to follow her. A good deal of time passed, and the sound of clanging swords continued to grow louder as he ran. Having lost sight of the girl, he decided to follow the noise that now filled his ears.

Finally, he could make out buildings on the fog, and rushed towards them. Soon, he was in a village of considerable size. The sign just before it read 'Welcome to Leiende'. The sound of swords crashing fiercely into each other now consumed his thoughts, and he came to meet a croud gathered around the noise. The pushed violently through them until he came to the source of the noise.

Two Adepts, water, he would guess, were battling fiercely. One possessed long blue hair and fierce eyes, the other clothed in black. Despite his cloths, however, his eyes were the most serene, yet the most ferocious ones he had ever seen. The two attacked and dodged swiftly and with ease, neither showing any relent. Finally, one roared; "Die, Alex!" and thrust his sword deep into the opponent's ribs.

This 'Alex' choaked for a fraction of a second, then gave a sharp kick to the dark-clothed figure. Pulling out the sword from his body, Alex stood and spoke.

"You still aren't worth my time, Seras. Why don't I get rid of you now, you nusiance!" And he held his sword high above, ready to strike.

Exactly what it was that brought upon this event, Era did not know, now at least. In one swift motion, he charged to meet Alex's blade with his own, then thrust the weapon from his hand and cleanly sliced through the Water Adept's body.

The surprise on faces all around was too much to believe, Alex in particular awe. Rather quickly, however, he regained his composer. It seemed to be upon looking into Era's eyes that his shock faded.

"Sixteen years..." he muttered. "As predicted." And with that, a squere of water engulfed him, allowing him to disappear into the fog. His final words echoed trhough his exit; "So it has begun..."

Era stood to find that all eyes were on him. Normally, this would be due to some trouble he had caused, or some deliquent attitude he had shown his superiors. This gaze, however, this gaze from all around, was praise.

#9   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:41 PM

I can't wait! Hurry!

#10   Amon 

• Slayer
                    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:43 PM

lol I'm almost up to it. Just fwi it'll be past chapter 17 (that's what im on right now). This fanfic is almost a drama, more like wolf's rain in that the characters are divided quite a bit of the time.

Chapter 7: The Friend's Decision

Leo stood at the southern edge of Yallam, his pack full, with Sunshine and his wife seeing him off. Some spectators had gathered as well.

"You be careful there, boy." Sunshine said merrily. "Leiende is about three days south of here. Just follow the river and you'll find it."

"Thanks," Leo replied, "and thanks for the sword. What did you call it again?"

"The Exius Brand," Sunshine said. "It's my greatest work yet, next to Excalibur."

They said their goodbyes, and before minutes had passed, Leo was running down the river with a newly forged sword and a newly forged courage. He had been a fool to discourage himself and Era, although obviously Era had not become as discouraged as he had.

The first day passed with ease, set back only by a couple of rain storms, during which he retreated to the safety and warmth of the forest, which had grown so deep, nothing could penetrate its top.

Now the second day came, and he started merrily along the river. It was a short-lived happiness, however. He sat once, on a rock next to the river, to eat his breakfast. While watching a bird above-or what he thought was a bird-he clumsily fell into the river. It was not strong, and didn't carry him far, but then something strange happened. The top of the river froze. He could not escape to the daylight. Time and time again, he desperately tried to break the ice with his hands, but it proved too strong. He struggled long under the water, until at last he needed breath, and was forced to let it out. Dizziness consumed him. He felt feint, and struggled just to survive. At last, only just before his end came, he somehow found the energy to drive his sword through the abnormal ice, giving him room enough to come up for air and escape the frozen river.

He choked, coughed, and lay near dead on the wet grass for hours, fighting himself for survival. Finally, he gathered the strength to stand, but it was all he had, and thus he collapsed again, falling to sleep while staring into the blue sky above.

Leo awoke to the sound of burning wood. Quickly he sat up, trying to comprehend the situation. He was in a forest, and all around him was aflame. Swiftly he rose, and raced through the burning bushes and ashened trunks. He cut his way through, until at last he made his way out.

Leo would have ran then, had he not heard the sound of a crying child. Just his luck, the child was in the forest. Before long, he found himself back in the fire, following the cries of the child-a girl it would seem-until he found her wailing under a giant oak. He grabbed her in one arm, his sword in the other, and ran back the way he came. Just before he was outside, something excrutiating struck his legs. The fire itself had grabbed onto his leg. Leo struggled to free himself, but it only made the fire spread around him. The pain he suffered now was truly unbearable. He gazed ahead to make out a figure among the flames, staring him in the face. But his vision blurred then, and he felll to the ground. Now for the second time, it seemed that he was on the edge of death. Among the flames above, he could see the sky, as blue as it had been before. The child was still crying beside him. Quite suddenly, then, something awoke inside him. He stood. Still he couldn't see, yet his body seemed to move without him. Without warning, winds as fierce as he had ever imagined and fiercer blew through the flames, putting them out instantly. They seemed to be coming from his body. They blew on, raging until every spark had been slashed to ashes. His energy left him then, and Leo fell to the ground, unable to awake for quite some time.

#11   Amon 

• Slayer
                      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:51 PM

Chapter 8: The New Ally

Era had a number of questions for the people of Leiende. He would have liked answers, too, but the people of the village were too busy praising him it seemed for his actions in 'defeating' this Alex person.

"Here's to Era, the hero of Leiende!" One man called, and all the others happily drank to it. This was the second time a feast had been made for him. It seemed more grand here, though, he thought. He wondered why. Leiende was initially at the edge of the world. The nearest civilization he knew of was the East Tundaria Islet. How were they able to create such a grand village with such small means of trade? He was forced to ignore this and many other questions for now, since he was enjoying himself much too much to be concerned with them now. There was fine beer, roasted meat and some of the best salad he had ever tasted.The day came to an end, and Era was given a king's treatment at the inn. Anything he wanted, were it food, service, even entertainment, he would be given. It was grand, indeed, but he was not used to such treatment, and decided to sneak out of the inn to look for this 'Seras' who he had encountered earlier.

Era found him leaning on a tree outside of the mayor's estate. He was hooded, yet still Era could recognize him.

"You want me to thank you?" Seras asked darkly when Era greeted him.

"No." Era replied firmly. "I want you to tell me who that guy was, that you were fighting today."

"His name is Alex." Seras said after a moment of silence. "He's a Water Adept."

"He's more than that isn't he?" Era asked calmly.

Seeing that there would be nothing he could hide from Era, Seras decided to tell him. "He is more than a Water Adept. People say he stood on top of Mount Aleph when the Golden Sun first came into the sky."

"You mean...?"

"Yes. Alchemy runs through his veins. It enhances his Psynergy." Seras said quietly.

"You'd think someone with the power of the Golden Sun wouldn't be just attacking smaller villages."

"From what he himself told me, the power he recieved is incomplete. The Wise One showed him that on Mt. Aleph."

"The Wise One?"

"He is the protector of Weyard. If my theory is correct, Alex needs more than just the Alchemy in his blood. he needs something else."

"What does he need?"

"I don't know." Seras said calmly. "But the real question is if Alex himself knows."

"I'd say that makes our objective pretty clear. Don't you?"

Seras turned to him in somewhat stifled surprise. "Our?"

"We find out what Alex needs, and get to it before he does."

#12   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

Nice! CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!

#13   Amon 

• Slayer
                          • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:37 PM

Chapter 9: The Departure to the Southern Continent

"Shouldn't we follow Alex north?" Era asked the next morning as he prepared to leave with Seras.

"Alex is probably heading for the Apojii Islands. He knows that he'll need the psynergy from Aqua Rock. I already have it, so we can get ahead of him by sailing to the land of Tundaria."

"You have a ship?" Era asked.

"Yeah. Someone left it near Contigo. I've never seen a ship like it, but it isn't bad."

The two companions left Leiende bearing gifts and supplies enough to feed an entire village for weeks. They set sail not long after. They arrived on the eastern beach of Tundaria in two days, leaving a good ways to walk.

"The nearest town is Elendia." Seras said to Era, both of them covered in coats and blankets for the journey. "It's about nine hours from here by foot."

"Great." Era said sarcasticly. "Assuming I don't pass out before then, I'll be fine."

On they walked, through the endless blizzards and snow storms that frequented the open white fields of Tundaria.

"Seras!" Era called, realizing he was falling behind. "Seras, wait up!"

"Hurry it up, Era!" He called back.

"Easy for you to say!" Era replied. "You're a Water Adept! I bet this doesn't bother you at all!" Seras did not reply, but instead turned and continued walking. Eventually, Era became disgusted with himself and ran up to meet Seras. But however many times he did this, he would always fall back and leave Seras only a grey figure ahead.

After a countless number of hours or days, they made it to Elendia. Although Seras had called it a town, it was anything but. Elenedia could pass as a city twice the size of Alhafra.

"It's huge..." Era said in awe. "What does it take to create such a huge city in such a wastleland?" But Seras was already walking through the open gates. This puzzled Era. The gates had not been open before, and did not appear a simple task to open either. He did have time to ponder, however, as he realized yet again he was falling behind. It would seem that Seras wasted no time on his or anyone else's account.

#14   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:50 PM

Cool! You are good. So am I.

#15   Amon 

• Slayer
                              • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:59 PM

lol Very modest of you. But thanks.

Chapter 10: The Fire Adept

"I see you're awake." A voice said quietly. Leo opened his eyes. It was the voice of a young man, not much older than himself, with deep red hair and red eyes. "Come on, get on your feet, Wind Adept."

"Wind Adept...?" He said curiously. "I'm...a Wind Adept?"

"Well I don't think any other type of Adept could put out all my fire like that."

"Your...then you set the forest on fire!"

"My apologies," He said, as though it were not important, "I had been drinking...perhaps a tad too much."

"You could have killed me! And the girl-" He stopped at this, and looked around.

"Where is she!? What'd you do to her!?" He roared, siezing him by the throat.

"Relax." He said quietly. "The girl went home to her parents in Leiende."

"Leiende...is it far from here? I have friend I need to find there." Leo stood, finally, regaining his strength slowly.

"It's just over that hill." The man said quietly. "By the way, I'm Max. Pleasure."

"Leo." He said. "And before, what did you mean when you said I was a Wind Adept? I always thought I was a Fire Adept like you..."

"Listen," He said firmly. "I know what I saw. You're a Wind Adept by blood to be able to pull off something like what you did two days ago."

"Two days...? It's been that long?" leo asked in suprise.

"Yeah. Now come on, I'm not gonna wait all day for you to get up. We have a long journey ahead of us."

Somehow Leo longed to ask "We?" but refrained, deciding that he could use the help of a Fire Adept. When he found Era, it would be nice surprise.

So they headed off for Leiende, the Village of South-East Osenia.

It occured to Leo that Era might have left by now, having five days ahead of him already. But he dismissed the thought, not wanting to determine the possibility. He would go to Leiende, and he would look for Era under ever rock if he had to. He would not leave his friend alone on this journey. He would not let the last time they saw each other be their final farewell.

#16   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

Modest? I wouldn't say that. But your story is really good.

#17   Amon 

• Slayer
                                  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:31 PM

nvm. Anyway, things get a little wierd here.

Chapter 11: The City of Alchemy

Era was in awe of the great city of Elendia all the way to its main building. Towers loomed high over the city all around. One thing puzzled Era, though. They all seemed to be empty. What was the use in such grandeur if it housed no people?

They continued on, until they came to the inside of the main building. It was all water...everything but a narrow path and a round center was engulfed in water. This must have been what Alex needed. He could see doors below, but when he put his foot gentle in the water, it froze around him, he was able to barely pull it out, understanding that the water was a trap. The surface of the water would freeze when disturbed, trapping anything that had dived in.

Seras walked into the center and stood, he was obviously gathering psynergy. A light came from under the water, and without warning, the water began to evaporate. This was definately what Alex needed. He had even heard of this psynergy himself. It was called Parch.

Behind the doors were symmetrical paths. Seras took the one of the right, so Era followed.

"What's behind the left door?" He asked.

"The Leviathan. It's a creature too horrible for you to imagine, so don't go through there."

Obediantly, he followed until they came to another door. Seras opened it, a tremendous ray of light sprang into the hallway. Moving into the light, Era saw the most magnificent city he had ever imagined possible. Waterfalls and wildlife surrounded the stone path, following by a stream with brightly covered fish swimming beneath. He noticed something. All of the people, aside from their similar clothing, had very colorful hair and blue eyes.

They continued for some while until they reached what seemed to be the center of the inner city. There were stone carvings next to four paths stretching to the ends of the city. One was a dragon, one a bird, a fish and a man. Each had a small fountain with water, colored to fit the

engraving above them. Seras chose to continue the same path on past the other four, up to the finest palace Era had believed possible. They walked up the gigantic count of steps, to a great door guarded by two men in armor.

Seras walked up to them and said; "He is my guest. You may allow him to pass."

Era though this seemed a small bit arrogant to say, but the soldiers did not question him and opened the door for the two visitors. He noted that Seras appeared to be a citizen of Elendia.

They continued up a series of steps inside the palace, on and on until it seemed to have no end. Finally, a red carpet came into view, and he followed Seras down it to find who had to be the king of Elendia, his smile wide. Heartily, this king said;

"Welcome to New Lemuria, the City of Alchemy!"

#18   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:41 PM

Very nice1 City of Alchemy, huh? That is quite true.
                                      But anyway, How come I'm the only one enjoying this?

#19   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                        • Group: Veterans
                                        • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:34 AM

Because I didn't discover this topic until now! VERY good Amon,I loooove it,as much as Isaac13's ff!

#20   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:57 AM

Cool story Amon. I really enjoyed it! :)

#21   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                            • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

Why did you write ure this is pitiful, it's really good!

#22   Amon 

• Slayer
                                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:15 AM

lol My brother didn't think much of it.

Chapter 12: The Adept of Leiende

Leiende was a site to behold for someone who had yet seen so little of Weyard. The people were happy, the food exquisit. It was a treat for Leo and Max, they knew. The innkeepers were gracious, providing excellent meals and decorative rooms.

It didn't take long for them to find news of Era. This town seemed to treat him as some kind of savior. The villagers would say nothing more than their prayers for his safety and praise for his actions.

"Your friend has a way with gaining reputations." Max said heartily.

"I guess," Leo replied, "but this is getting us nowhere. We've talked to pretty much everyone in town, and even the mayor doesn't know where they're going."

"I can tell you where they went." Came a voice from behind them. Leo and Max turned, finding that the voice was that of a young girl, around their own age, hooded and appearing rather secretive.

"They?" Leo asked curiously. "What do you mean 'they'?"

"Your friend Era left Leiende only a few days ago with Seras."

"Who is Seras?" Max asked.

"He was visiting here. Era saved his life when another Water Adept named Alex was about to kill him."

"Alex!?" Suddenly Max seemed worried. He grabbed her by her cloak. "That fool is still alive!?"

"Who's Alex?" Leo asked, obviously confused.

The girl ignored the question and removed her hood. She had vivid long blue hair and blue eyes. "Your friend and Seras went to the Southern Continent." Leo was about to question her when Max interrupted in fury.

"And Alex!? Where did Alex go!?"

"He headed north along the river some three days ago." She replied, ignoring Max's rage.

"Hey..." Leo said, as if he had solved some mystery. "That was the same day I got trapped in the river."

The others turned to him.

"I fell in the river, and its surface froze around me. But that still doesn't explain why I woke up in the forest..."

"We don't have time for this." Max interrupted yet again. "Every second is crucial. He's a Water Adept, so Alex was probably heading for the Apojii

Islands to Aqua Rock. We can catch him there."

"How do we get there? I lost my ship a few days ago."

"Alhafra sells ships. We can get one there." Max said.

"I remember seeing a couple for sale the last time I was there." Leo agreed. "But my friend went south. We should follow him."

"Listen. You can't get to Tundaria without a ship. Reguardless, our first stop is Alhafra. The next closest place is Aqua Rock. We can follow your friend after that."

Leo doubted that Era would still be in the Southern Continent by that time. Nonetheless, he did need a ship. So it was decided. They were about to head off when they were stopped by the girl.

"Wait! I'm coming with you!" She said firmly.

"What do you want with us?" Max asked, truly curious.

#23   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:38 AM

Very good! I'm doing my next chapter of my story now. So, keep going.

#24   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                  • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:40 AM

Yes,please keep going I CAN'T WAIT!

#25   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:50 AM

wow, Amon. your story is like, way better then mine... your a real artist, great job.

#26   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:00 PM

Thank you NG. ^^

Chapter 13: The Chosen Four

"New Lemuria?" Era asked. "There was a Lemuria before this one? And I thought this was Elendia."

"Elendia is a cover-up." The King explained. "If we were to use the name 'New Lemuria', we would have tourists and visitors far too commonly. Our old city was legend for quite a while."

"We were forced to regroup here when our original city, in the Eastern Sea, fell to ruin at the hands of a great fire." Seras added.

"A fire...I saw a fire in the Eastern Sea, but it was only a week or so ago. How could you regroup so quickly?"

"We had already begun considering a New Lemuria since before the fire started. Everyone but a select few were evacuated in time."

"How did the fire start?" Era asked.

A dark look came upon the king's face, but he released it and said "That is a story for another time, I suppose. In any case, please allow me to introduce myself. I am King Hydros, ruler of New Lemuria. Seras there is one of my men. I sent him to collect you, with a few others. However, it would appear that he has returned with his mission incomplete."

"My apologies, sir." Seras said, bowing his head. "I simply thought it best for you to elaborate to him the importance of this quest, so that there be no doubts in his mind."

"Very well." King Hydros replied. "Where to begin? I suppose with the lighting of the Elemental Lighthouses. The four lighthouses consisted of the four elements. Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Mars. Earth, Water, Wind and Fire. This power died when Adepts much like yourself took the elemental stars, the source of the Lighthouses' power, from the lighthouses themselves. In doing so, they hid away the power of Alchemy, the power that allowed us to create this city. They believed it was best, because war was at hand. For many years, the world shrank and diminished, until at last it came to our attention, and the attention of four young Adepts. Your adopted father knew them, in fact."

"Briggs...? Are you talking about Felix?"

"Indeed." King Hydros replied. "They lit the elemental lighthouses again, restoring Alchemy to the world again. Since, Weyard has flourished and grown. It is a slow process, but the world is actually healing itself. Legend told, as I believe you know, that anyone who stood on top of Mt. Aleph when the Golden Sun rose would recieve the great power of Alchemy."

"And Alex did just that." Seras added.

"For some reason, though, he was not able to use his new power." King Hydros continued.

"It was thought that he had died when Mt. Aleph sank into the earth. We thought that he was no longer a threat. We were wrong." Seras said darkly. "Somehow, the sly fool managed to escape before he was crushed."

"Since then," King Hydros said, "he has been restlessly searching to learn what he needs to unleash the power that runs through his veins."

"So that's why you were fighting with him in Leiende, Seras." Era added.

"I sent him there, having heard from one of my people currently in Leiende that Alex had been seen there." King Hydros explained. "You will learn more of this mission from Seras once he has collected your remaining allies. I say to you now though, there is much more at stake here than you comprehend."

"We are heading to Contigo, Era." Seras said, as if daring him to object. "That is where we will find our Wind Adept. Then we make our way to New

Vale. There is a man there who will be our Fire Adept. He is the brother of Garet."

There was nothing more to say, and so they said their goodbyes, the king wishing them best of luck. Thus began their journey to prevent Alex from unleashing the power locked inside of him.

#27   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:10 PM

Chapter 14: The Return to Alhafra

Alhafra seemed a fair bit less grand to Leo as he walked through its streets for the second time. After all, now he was accompanied by two Adepts he barely even knew, and things seemed to be strictly buiseness at this point in time.

Max and the girl, whose name they had learned to be Ilendei, rushed up to the mayor's estate without a moment's hesitation or worth to look upon the great town that was Alhafra, the city of ships.

"Hey," Max said to the guard who had dismissed Leo and Era earlier. "we want to talk to the mayor. Now."

Leo half expected the guard to scure Max for his blunt and somewhat rude comment, but instead, he allowed them in.

The mayor's mansion wasn't half as spectacular as Leo would have suspected. Sure, it was big, but he had expected grand sculptures and tapestry, while all he found was a similar design to the rest of the city. It was a calm wooden floor and bland walls, with the occasional barrel or box propped up against them. The mayor was upstairs, the guard had said, discussing "private matters" with the mayor of Madra. Halfway up the steps, they stopped to listen.

"You do remember it, don't you?" The Alhafran Mayor said securely.

"I recall it. You started quite a commotion the last time that ship left your grasp." The Madran Mayor replied.

"And now it's back in my hands!" The mayor said greedily.

"The ship isn't yours, Mayor. You would steal that ship from the Champa so blindly?"

"We don't know that it was the Champa who had it when I confiscated it."

The Madran mayor seemed disgusted by the word according to his tone when he spoke. "Elaborate."

"The Champa are a pitiful town, forced to steal and raid in order to survive. They would have sold the ship by now!"

"The Champa are not as pitiful as you think." The Madran Mayor said evenly. "We can't be sure that the owners of the ship won't come to find it."

"Oh please, Mayor!" The Alhafran Mayor chuckled. "The ship was found in Yallam! Yallam! Yallam is on the other side of Osenia! What are the odds of the ship's owner popping up those stares right now?"

"Take a guess!" Leo said absentmindedly. The two mayors turned suddenly to the stairs.

"Who's there?" The Alhafran Mayor roared.

Now they had no choice but to face him. So the three companions made their way affront him. Seeing the Alhafran Mayor's sheerly stupid face, Leo said calmy: "I want my ship back."

#28   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:20 PM

ooooooooooooooo I want more!Can you give me more?Please?Don't make me beg!
                                                          *begs*

#29   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                            • Location:Netherlands
                                                            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:21 PM

wow, how many chapter do you have man :blink:

#30   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                            • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                              • Joined: 04-July 04
                                                              • Location:New York

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

I'm on 18 so far, and the story has barely even begun. :blink:

Chapter 15: The Trip to Contigo

"So who is this girl?" Era asked curiously.

"Her name is Nora." Seras replied. "She is a decendant of Anemos, the strongest type of Wind Adept."

"Weren't Ivan and Sheba decendants of Anemos?"

"I don't know about Sheba, but Ivan was a minor descendant, yes."

They stood on the north end of the ship gazing on to the continent of Atteka.

"So is Atteka the home of Anemos Sanctum?"

"Yes," Seras said slowly, "but don't get any ideas. We're here to get Nora, that's all." Secretly, Seras didn't want Era to go into the sanctum for a different reason. Anemos Sanctum was the quite possibly the most dangerous place in all of Weyard, with only a few exceptions.

Some count of hours passed, and they entered a river into Atteka. Mountains and forests could be seen all around. At one point in time, the people of Jiele came out of their houses to watch the boat pass. They seemed to recognize it.

"Is this where you found your ship?" Era asked curiously. "The people here seem to recognize it."

"I made up that part about finding the ship here." Seras said. "It was a cover in case you knew that the ship was Lemurian. They know it because it resembles Felix's ship, the one they gave wings to."

"I remember legends of that." Era shouted over the constant splash of waves against the ship. "It was the Winged Ship of Weyard's Heroes."

"And the ship that let them pass into the Northern Reaches of Angara." Seras added. "At least with the help of their cannon."

Docking their ship, Seras and Era made their way down to the Atteka Inlet. They spent the next three hours literally racing to Contigo. Era wondered how Seras could move so quickly for so long, but he was more surprised that he could keep up.

Before the sun fell in the west, the companions were in Contigo, asking men, women, children where Nora was. Everyone's answer was the same:

"She is in training at Master Hamma's dwelling."

Era thought it rude to interrupt something seeming so important, but Seras would not be bothered with such things. He opened the doors of the Master's house without a moments hesitation, finding Master Hamma and Nora staring straight back at them.

"So you have come." Master Hamma said quietly.

#31   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                              • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:12 PM

Chapter 16: The Lost and Found

"I'll say it again." Leo said angrily. "I want my ship back."

After a moment, the Alhafran Mayor regained his composure. "You sniveling little boy! How dare you barge in here uninvited, then demand MY ship?"

Leo would have replied had not Max already lost his patience. He walked swiftly up to the mayor, grabbed him by the throat and said darkly: "My friend can say it as many times as he wants, but I don't give second chances, so pay attention you greedy little fool of a man." The Alhafran Mayor was far too afraid to even nod his head as Max continued. "Honestly, I didn't know Leo even had a ship, but I trust his word. We'll be taking that ship, and unless you're satisfied with dying the way you are now, you'd do well not to interfere."

There was no questioning his authority, false as it may have been, and the Mayor complied by calling a guard to fetch their ship. The Madran Mayor had been watching from a chair in the corner, rather amused with the outcome.

"Very impressive." He muttered under his breath. "You three!" He called before they reached the stairs. "What are your names?"

"Max." Max said swiftly, almost automatically. "And this is Ilendei."

"And you?" The Mayor asked Leo. "What is your name?"

"Leo, son of Briggs." He replied.

"I see." The Madran Mayor said with a small chuckle. "That's logical, I suppose."

Leo would have asked him what he meant, but Max interrupted his thoughts, telling him to hurry up.

So now, Leo was back on his ship, the ship of his father. It felt good to know that he had retrieved it, and that he wouldn't have to explain how he lost it to his father. Leo stopped himself, realizing what he had said. There had been times when he didn't believe he would ever return home. Times when he thought he would stay in Osenia for the rest of his life, never to see his family again.

Those thoughts seemed so distant now, as he sailed to the Apojii Islands, Max and Ilendei at his side.

"Ilendei," Leo asked, "you never told us where you're from."

"No, I didn't." She replied.

The two boys laughed and left the question alone, realizing that it would be useless to argue.

They were headed for Aqua Rock. They would have to learn something of her when they arrived. Both of the two boys were thinking the same thing. If she was a water adept, there were only two likely places that she might have come from.

#32   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                  • Posts: 4,901
                                                                  • Joined: 08-July 04

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:24 PM

the two likely places being? :blink: But anyways,continue!

#33   Linear 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 3,679
                                                                    • Joined: 26-August 04
                                                                    • Gender:Female

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:56 PM

o.O I got kind of confused, but this is your story. Continue it soon.

#34   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 316

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:17 PM

lol Here lemme post the rest of what I have. Ignore some of the spacing.

Chapter 17: The Anemos Descendant

"So we've come?" Era asked curously. "You mean you knew we were coming?"

"Master Hamma is a high descendant of Anemos." Seras explained. "She can predict such things."

"And indeed I have." Master Hamma replied. "For some time now, my apprentice, if you will, has been sharpening her skills in anticipation of this event."

"We shall see if they are indeed sharp enough." Seras said calmly, seeming doubtful of the girl next to Hamma, whom Era assumed to be Nora.

Then Master Hamma's eyes fell on Era. He didn't like the way she did it. It was almost as if she was as doubtful of him as Seras was of Nora.

"Nora, Era," Hamma said quietly, "could you step outside, please? There is something I wish to discuss with Seras."

The two waited for a moment, but nodded and left the room.

"Who is that boy?" Hamma asked once the door was securely shut. "He can't be the Chosen of the Earth."

"He is." Seras said firmly. "I know it for a fact."

"He is innocent. Too innocent. What assures you that it is not a mistake?"

"There is no mistake. He is the one."

"How can you be sure?"

"The boy is not as innocent as you think. He has shown me that he is no child any longer."

Seras walked up to her, making sure that no one but the two in the room could hear him.

"The boy cut through Alex."

The silence stretched on, seemingly for hours, until finally Hamma spoke.

"It could have been a fluke."

Seras laughed. "It's not that he managed to do it, it's the way he did it. He could have killed Alex without the slightest care. That's him alright, that's the descendant of Gaia."

#35   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:18 PM

Chapter 18: The Power of Mercury

"So this is it." Leo murmured as they entered the sanctum of Aqua Rock. "With all the monsters outside, I thought we'd never make it here. It's a good thing you know revive Ilendei."

Ilendei did not reply. She was too preoccupied with the stone tablet. "Let's get this over with." She said sharply. "Where is Alex?"

"Right here." A voice came from atop the cieling.

Without warning, a sword flew from the sky and nearly crushed Max. Luckily, he was able to avoid it by swiftly moving to the left. The figure, identified as Alex, swung again in a forward lunge, this time barely slicing through Max's armor.

Regaining his senses, Max drew his two Fire Brands and dived forward in a series of slashing motions. Leo and Ilendei had become the spectators. It was clear that they would do well not to interfere.

Max's brands swung elegantly yet violantly, incorporating various footwork to confuse his opponent. Alex was not the type to be confused however. Ducking under a powerful slice, Alex turned in a full circle, barely dodging the next brand designed to scure him when he ducked. He then drove his sword into the ground, swung up on its hilt, and kicked Max straight in the nose, sending him flying back to the ground.

Again in control, Alex pulled out his sword and conjured a swarm of ice needles. Hopelessly surrounded, Max watched as the cold blades closed in, Alex's included. He jumped to the side, grabbed the edge of the sanctum's walkway with his hand, then swung up to the bottm of it, keeping himself from falling by driving his Fire Brands into the path.

Before Alex could even react, Max summoned had already begun a powerful skill. Summoning all of his psynergy, he closed his eyes. In mere seconds, the entire room was aflame.

Only just in time, Leo and Ilendei summoned their own psynergy, barely enough to drive off the growing inferno. Alex was already in action as well. Pulling up his Ice Brand, he swung hard enough to cleave the greatest of metals, also using his water psynergy to put out the flames. But by then, it Max was already above, roaring as he came down upon Alex.

Suddenly, a fierce wind blew straight out of nowhere and, interrupting his moment of triumph, knocked Max to the side, crashing into the ground with unimaginable force. After recovering, Max glared ominously at Leo,m only to find that he was not the cause of it.

A man, white-haired though obviously young, wearing an outfit similar to Alex's was floating in mid-air not far from Alex.

"Runny-nosed kids like you ought to learn your place!" He sneered.

"Who the heck are you!?" Max roared in apparent frustration.

"Elliot." He said slyly. "The pleasure's all mine."

#36   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:19 PM

Chapter 19: The Unexpected Guests

"So, your name's Nora?" He asked, knowing the answer but simply trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah." She said. "And you?"

"Era." He replied. "I'm an Earth Adept."

"I know that much." She said, seeming somewhat amused. "So what's it like in Gaia Sanctum?" She asked happily.

"Gaia Sanctum?" He asked hesitantly.

She looked at him, seeming confused. "Where did you train, if not Gaia Sanctum?"

"Champa, I guess." He said after a moment.

"Champa...?" She said, obviously more confused than before. "Who are your parents?"

Now Era understood. Whoever his parents were, they had something to do with this. "I don't know." He admitted. "I was found in Champa on a small boat."

They would have continued talking if an explosion had not shaken them from their discussion.

"What was that!?" Era shouted.

Through the smoke ahead, he could make out two figures walking up to them.

"What's going on!?" Nora screamed. Another explosion came. Before Era could even draw his sword, Seras had bursted through the doors and created a shield of ice affront the three, only just before another explosion came. This one would have killed the them if not for Seras. The smoke cleared after a moment, revealing the two figures.

One was a woman. She had long brown hair and brown eyes, carrying a bow and arrow. Her atire was similar to Alex's.

The same could be said of the other figure, a man with deep red hair and burning red eyes. He carried a gigantic sword, large enough to destroy an entire house in one slice.

"My, if it isn't Seras." The woman said with an evil grin. "What a coincidence."

"Hello, Allison. Gabriel." Seras said darkly after a moment. "I see Elliot isn't with you."

"He had buiseness to attend do." Allison replied firmly. "As do we."

#37   Bomber_X 

• Squire
                                                                          • Pip
                                                                            • Posts: 58
                                                                            • Joined: 30-August 04

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:04 PM

kinda confusing in some parts but i think its really good

#38   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

I'm leaving alot of myseries open, but I'll answer them toward the end. Right now I'm working on Chapter 20: The Price of Power

#39   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:29 PM

Really really good Amon. Continue to soon. :wacko:

#40   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:32 PM

Okay I just finished chapter 20. I changed the name though.

Chapter 20: The Requirements of Alchemy

"So you have a new set of lackies, Alex?" Max asked fiercely. "And I bet you have a new Fire Adept too."

"Actually, yes." Alex said, seeming unaware of Max's rage. "He is dealing with other matters in Contigo."

"Would those matters be killing off Seras and Leo's friend?" Ilendei said suddenly, drawing all eyes to her in surprise.

"Very perceptive of you, girl." Alex said slyly. "But Seras is the only one to be killed. I still need the other two."

"Two?" Leo asked, his head spinning. "Who's with Era besides this Seras guy?"

"Nora." He said calmly. "Her name is Nora. She is the descendant of Anemos. I require her power."

"That's what you need!?" Max roared. "Some girl on the other side of the world!?"

"Not quite." Alex elborated. "You see, I found that what I truly need is elemental stability."

Noticing the blank faces all around, with the exception of Elliot, he smiled.

"I am a Water Adept, and thus I have the power of water, nothing more. In order to use Alchemy to its full extent, I require the power of wind,

earth, and fire as well. Without those, my power is unstable, and I have no control over it."

"Then why not use your lackies?" Max sneered, beginning finally to understand.

"You misunderstand." Alex said calmly. "I cannot acquire these powers through normal Adepts such as yourself. I need the descendants of the four great gods of Weyard."

No one in the room but the two antagonists understood this too well.

"I suppose it is a discussion for another time." Alex concluded. "I take my leave."

Without warning, the Elliot and Alex jumped up, disappearing in the endless darkness above.

"What did he mean, descendants?" Leo asked curiously.

"The four great gods are what balance alchemy." Max said calmly. "Each elemental sanctum has a line of descendants. To this day, Contigo is the only commonly known village line. The others are consumed in the unknown."

He turned to the two companions.

"We need to find this Nora person before Alex."

#41   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:35 PM

o.O Only slight change is the title. Doesnt really matter. YAY! You have updated! O_O I like......

#42   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

Let's see...here are the mysteries I am going to connect.

-In Leiende, Alex said "16 years, as predicted"

-Max seems to know Alex from before

-Who are Era's parents? And why did he end up in champa?

-How did Elendei know about Seras?

-Why does Alex need these "descendants"?

-Nora seems to know something about this whole mess that Era doesn't,

Look for answers to these questions in the future.

#43   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

Wow, that is a lot of mysteries Amon...really that's a lot. O_O;;

#44   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

Linear, on Sep 3 2004, 10:39 PM, said:

Wow, that is a lot of mysteries Amon...really that's a lot. O_O;;

With the amount of Wolf's Rain I watch, trust me. I know how to make a complex story.

#45   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

XD SO CONFUSING! And yet it can be easy to understand. Sorta. =S

#46   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:56 PM

Linear, on Sep 3 2004, 10:47 PM, said:

XD SO CONFUSING! And yet it can be easy to understand. Sorta. =S

I make the chapters kind of quickly, so I may have left something out. Let me know if I do.

#47   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:15 PM

XD Ok...but you should slow down sometimes just to make sure. =\

#48   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,300
                                                                                                  • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                                                  • Gender:Male
                                                                                                  • Location:Netherlands
                                                                                                  • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:46 AM

you really thought about the plot lines, mysteries and the story. that is very good, and makes me wanna have more :P

#49   Bomber_X 

• Squire
                                                                                                  • Pip
                                                                                                    • Posts: 58
                                                                                                    • Joined: 30-August 04

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:06 AM

try not to add too much stories all at once

#50   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:56 AM

Plot! More plotting! XD Plot...more...! :P Hmm...that would be too much. Oh well. Continue it soon...!

#51   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:15 AM

Alright, here's the news. I'm leaving my summer home tommorrow for a six hour drive and today all my relatives are seeing me off. By the time I get to a usable computer, I should have about three more chapters. They are (I think):

Chapter 21: The Wrath of Seras
                                                                                                        Chapter 22: The Gondowan Cliffs
                                                                                                        Chapter 23: The Failed Attempt

Look for those in about 3 days.

#52   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:21 AM

:P Alright Amon, we'll watch and make sure. Have fun at your relatives.

#53   Ultimate Felix 22 

• Squire
                                                                                                          • Pip
                                                                                                            • Posts: 43
                                                                                                            • Joined: 28-April 04

Posted 04 September 2004 - 06:47 PM

Wow. This story is AMAZING, Amon. Wayyyy better than my story, even though i'm only at Chapter 6.

#54   Amon 

• Slayer
                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:04 PM

Okay, here's what I've decided. I'm making GSL one huge fan fiction on fanfiction.net. I'll post a lin kwhen I'm done, most likely in this topic. Be looking for it, because it's going to be very different from the one I made...more dramatic. lol I'm a drama fanatic.

#55   Ganon 

• Slayer
                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                • Posts: 362
                                                                                                                • Joined: 12-September 04
                                                                                                                • Location:Home...
                                                                                                                • Interests:Hi.Sup.Wasup.Goodbye.bye-bye.See ya.

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:56 AM

make more soon!

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic