Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Forum References Introduction to Golden Sun Syndicate

#1   Alex 

• Lord
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:GS, Naruto, RK, Basketball, Baseball, TOS, and other stuff.

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:03 PM

Here are a list of things for all of you that are new to the web.

Guest: A person who is not Logged in or just not registered.

Member: A person who is registered and interacts with other members

Moderators: People who have supirior powers over normal members and have certain privledges. Short form, Mod.

Administrators: People( Max and Nick) who keep the forum up and running. Have all the abilities of Moderators and more. Shortform, Admins.

Posts: A post is a sentence or more that a member, Mod or Admin types.

Topic: A certain area in which a certain thing is being discussed.

Signature: An assortment of words that goes in all of a member's posts. Optional. My Controls > Signature Options.

Avatar: A picture that sometimes shows what a person likes. Optional. My Controls > Avatar Options

Personal Message (PM): Sending a message to a Member, Moderator, or Admin that only they can read. My Controls > Personal Message.

Spam: BAD. A post that is not five or more words, or is off of the topic being disscussed. However, feel free to use The Common Room.

Poll: A topic in which people on the board may vote on certain choices.

Emoticons (Emotes): Little pictures that show emotion in a post or PM. Optional. (Click on side of post or PM) :unsure: <--Demontration

Profile: In 'My Controls' you may go to the 'Edit Profile and input info on yourself. Optional.

Edit: Changing your post so that you may add something or take something away.

Quote: Pressing a button on the top right of someone else's post allowing you to have something that they said in your post. You are able to Edit your Quotes from other people.

Banned: Not being able to post or interact with other members here.

Suspended: Being taken off the forums for a while.

Personal Message: this is an on-the-forum e-mail like service. You have an inbox, can send messages to a member or members, etc. Shorthand is "PM" i.e. PM a moderator if you have a question.

These are the most common terms and words used on forums. If you have any questions, PM a staff member.

EDIT:I edited your post slightly. Just added a few words. -Nick

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • This topic is locked