• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun Legacy: The Marionette Of Justice 1st of 3

#1   Amon 

• Slayer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

Okay, here it is folks. This is the one I'm sticking with.

Presenting...

Golden Sun Legacy: The Marionette of Justice

Written by: Seras Victorian
    1st of 3

Complete Edition

Often does the smell of blood and ash fill the air of Weyard's great continents. Ever constant is the sound of clanging swords and roaring fires, in the flaming heat of war and dominance. Supremacy is an obsession, sacrifice a given. Why, though? Why do armies charge on through the coming wind? Why are swords raised to the sky in a fury that is unsurpassed? Has the hunger for rule become so common that wars would be waged for such a worthless title as king or lord, master or leader? Why must those unworthy be seen worthy by their followers, when all that can be promised is slavery and suffering? Why, I ask, do men so arrogantly and blindly spill the blood of their kin, only to be betrayed by those they serve? For mankind, loyalty has become nothing more than an opinion of what is truly for the greater good. But any good that ever stood on this earth is now gone, forgotten along with the heroes of the past; heroes who raised their swords for a different reason, who spilled blood for a different cause.

Part 1: Conflict

Among the many distasteful qualities of mankind, I find that
    their desire for power is the most disgusting. I have seen
    men kill their dearest friends, mothers their own children,
    only for the sake of a superiority that means nothing more
    than continuous conflict after conflict. It is human nature
    to fight over rule, just as it is human nature to be quite
    insecure having obtained it. Those of high authority often
    keep an eye on their backs in public. Usually, though, it
    is when they are alone that they must be cautious.

-King Hydros III

Chapter 1: From the Depths of the Sea

There was no noise. There was no sound, no chirp of birds or howl of wolves. There was only water, water all around. The color of the water lightened, and he looked up to see a shining ball, barely visible through the rippling waves above. He tried to make his way up to it, up to the embodiment of light that now consumed his once straying thoughts. Sand began to touch his feet, and he could stand firm on it. But he did not want to. He wanted to leave the water. He wanted to leave the silence, the calm depths that were all he could remember. He struggled to reach the light, kicking and pushing through fish and seaweed alike. The water splashed around him as he emerged, and air rushed into his lungs violently. The light nearly blinded him just before he could look away, and he plunged onto the hot white sand above all the silent torture he knew. He lay still for a short while, allowing his lungs to adjust to the cold air. Between repeated blurs, he could make out a vast green country, stretching to the blue sky above, and a beautiful woman looking back at him.

"Seras! Seras, wake up!" His friend's voice came, interrupting his dream. The grass affront him came into his sight as his eyes slowly opened, attempting to gather his thoughts. "Seras, wake up already!"

The voice belonged to Evan, Seras' dear friend from days long past. They had grown up together, in the small village of the Apojii Islands. He moaned tiredly. "What time is it Evan...?"

"Seven O'Clock, you lazy fool. We were supposed to help Piers pack the supplies onto his ship two hours ago you slacker!"

"Don't ruin it, Evan. I was having a good dream."

"Screw your dream! Common, Piers is gonna kill you for sure this time! You always do this, finding the nearest apple tree and sleeping the day away! Don't you have any courtesy at all?"

But Seras was not listening. He was too preoccupied thinking over his dream. Time and again, the same dream, the same peaceful, soothing, serene dream mercilessly haunted his steps like a predator clawing hatefully down the skin of his back.

Time and again, that dream made him fall to deep thought and endless toil, making every effort to comprehend its many mysteries and puzzles. He always found himself in the same place; lost.

The shores of the Apojii Islands possessed a peaceful feel to them, presenting an idea of the vast reaches beyond them.

Barely hiding the still rising sun was Piers' great Lemurian Ship, his treasure and gift to the people of Apojii. On the sand just before it stood Piers, obviously annoyed at their tardiness. But Seras was not concerned. Piers' face now was one he had seen far too many times to think that he was truly angry.

"Late again." Piers commented scornfully. "Will you two ever learn?"

"Im sorry, sir." Evan began hastefully. "Seras overslept. I only went to get him-"

"Calm down already, Evan. The time it takes you to beg for forgiveness could be better spent getting all of this junk on my ship. Now why don't you two get started already."

This type of response was a common start to the day for both Evan and Seras. Argument rarely followed. There was never much else to do in the Apojii Islands but gaze at the waterfalls. For boys like them, however, such an activity rarely lasted them more than a couple of minutes.

"Oh, and Seras. One more thing." Piers said just as the boys were making their way up to the ship. "You should go visit Lauren before we go."

"Piers, we're only gonna be gone a couple of days." Seras replied.

"Not this time." Piers said quietly.

#2   Toad King 

• Lord
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Web programming and design<br />Videogames<br />Sleeping

Posted 24 September 2004 - 02:47 PM

Very nice, but IMO, I don't like it when people add extra characters to fanfics because most of the time they're just...there. It seems you know what you're doing, though. I'm looking forward to the next part.

And for something completely unrelevent to this topic, I reached the first member level! Yay me!

#3   Amon 

• Slayer
      • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:05 PM

This takes place after gs1 and gs2, so it would be hard to include all of the characters. I only included Piers because he has a longer lifespan than the others.

Chapter 2: Two Swords, One Woman

The smell of simmering meat filled Lauren's home, giving an inviting sensation to those nearby. But as the sound of approaching footsteps became noticable to her, she new that Seras had not come for a taste.

"Do you always have to try sneaking up on me?" Lauren commented darkly, willing herself not to turn to him.

"I see you've heard about my little trip." Seras answered, being as careful as possible in his wording. Now Lauren could bare it no longer, and swung around to deal him a stinging glare.

"Seras, how could you!? How could you let this happen!?"

Unable to reply, Seras stood silently, shamefully.

"It wasn't my choice." He said finally.

"Wasn't your choice!? You always have choices! You always did!" She cried, and stopped for a moment to minimize her emotion.

"You just made all the wrong ones."

These words stung in his mind, leaving an even more painful silence to follow. Lauren dropped to the floor, crying a bit, before she finally found the will to speak.

"How much longer are you going to make me wait, Seras?"

"I..." Seras began, but found no words able to follow. He looked at her one last time, realizing how much pain he had caused her, and finally could no longer stand it.

He did not realize that leaving her now would prove more consequencial than anything else he could have done.

Piers was waiting for his return on the outskirts of the village when Seras returned, obviously crestfallen.

"The proper time will come, Seras." He said quietly, yet encouragingly.

After a moment, Seras replied, "Sometimes I think it's been and gone already."

"This is an important trip, Seras." Piers insisted firmly. "We can't have any distractions." Noticing Seras' worsening depression, Piers calmed himself. "You will know when the time is right, Seras. For now, the best thing you can do is leave and be back as soon as the winds allow."

But again, Seras was not listening. He was looking down at his swords. Tied to his belt, they seemed welcoming. They seemed to understand his thoughts, and often helped him take his mind off of his troubles. But now, as the longest journey of his life began, Seras wondered if those swords would aid him, or plunge him into something from which he could not arise.

#4   Linear 

• Master Adept
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Veterans

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:58 PM

Yay...! ^__^ I liked ths story...like I have with many others...! *claps*

#5   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

woohoo, another bestseller by......AMON!!

#6   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:29 PM

^.^ Let us go and publish it...! Kidding... :silence:

#7   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Auck.

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

*Whistles* Nice story, Amon! Another bestseller yet! Wow! I just finished chapter one of my Jedi Academy story. You ought to go read it. It's good. I love this story.

#8   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

x.X I agree. But I was just kidding about the publishing part.

#9   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                    • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
                    • AKA Link

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:57 PM

Woah sweet story Amon, among one of the best I have seen.

#10   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • Interests:Auck.

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

Very good, Amon.

#11   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                        • AKA Link

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:28 AM

Isaac13, on Oct 22 2004, 06:55 PM, said:

Very good, Amon.

That was spam I13 -_-
                        Anyway Amon when will you continue the story?

#12   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:42 AM

Amon hasnt been on for a long time. I wonder why... -_-

#13   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                            • AKA Link

Posted 30 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

Me two, if anyone knows where Amon has got to please contact us in this topic.

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic