Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Death Penalty Your views on it.

Poll: Should the death penalty be enforced worldwide for murder? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the death penalty be enforced worldwide for murder?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA watch

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

I do a class at my school called Discussion and Debate. We had to select a topic and list some key points for our argument, I thought up this topic and decided i would present it.

I am posting this topic to see what other people think and what they have to say on the matter.

I strongly feel it should be enforced world wide, i think only a few states in America have it (i think Utah does) People are murdering and some get away some get away on parole and not related but people also get of on Double Jeopardy.

What do you think.

#2   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

No death penalty IMO. We dont have the right to determine life or death. It still exists in England but you'd only get it for High Treason. Under no circumstances should one person take anothers life. That goes for all people, no one is exempt. Its just that its "easier" to kill off people who need help rather than actually try to give it to them.

#3   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
        • AKA watch

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

But if someone has a grudge or something and they go out and kill, shoudln't they pay the same price? Isn't it like that bible quote if you sin with your hands they are cut of.
        If someone kills they should suffer the same thing that the victim suffers.

Say if someone killed a family member i would despise them and want them dead, but if the death penalty was on them or they asked for it i would have some compassion and respect becuase they've chosen the right thing.

#4   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
          • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

I voted in extreme cases because, eventhough I know the whole "it's hypocritical", but some people do not have the right to live. Like certain terrorist leaders I could mention...

#5   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Yeah but the Bible didnt say that men should carry this out - and the only way in which people have the right to kill is if God has told them they may do so. We have to forgive people and not treat them in the same way as they had wronged. Its sinking lower then their level as its purely out of revenge.

#6   Rickeyjr 

• New User
              • Group: Members
              • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Stuff....

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, my state's putting in an express lane.-Ron White

and yes, i'm from texas...not in it...nor born there...but raised there...
              and i vote for keeping the penalty
              putting someone in jail for 30 yrs. isn't going to make them get punished for killing someone. :D in thirty years, they just get back on the street.

#7   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

Who the hell died and gave politicians the right to play God? Its just unacceptable. In my eyes the people who sentence those to death are as bad as the people who die.

#8   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA watch

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

I agree with Kiku that in extreme cases it should defintly be enforeced like the terriost leaders invovled with Bali and 9/11

But it just isn't right that people can kill and not get the same treatment as the victim.

And even though the bible says we must carry this out, Raven A few days ago here in Melbourne a few men went to rob a local bank and the sectuiry guard was transporting money into the bank, the robbers shot the guard in the head just for a bag of money, and your saying lets forgive them. Not meaning to be harsh but the family wanted the people to pay for what happened to their dad/husband.

#9   Rickeyjr 

• New User
                    • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Stuff....

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:28 PM

okay...say we caught the terrorist for 9/11 lets put them in jail for 30 yrs...after that...guess what? they get at it again, sometimes it's better to kill them to protect many than just let them live for 30+ friggin years.

#10   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

Yeah we should forgive them. Sorry thats what i believe. If someone shot my mother i would have to come to terms with it and forgive them as im Christian. Im sure my mum would be thrilled to know that someone else was brutally murdered for her death, albeit her killer. Even terrorists. I mean they believe what they are doing is right. And who gave us the right to say otherwise. Its just WRONG to kill others.

EDIT - you know we could stick them in prison for life as an alternative right?!

#11   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA watch

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:33 PM

We could but to what purpose? They would still live and not have the same pain as the victims and their family.

And as to your example, it does'nt have to be brutal they could just have an injection or something along those lines.

#12   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

I would prefer the life sentence option, as it is worse than death IMO, but do they keep to it? They usually let them out after a while so that's why I say okay to some death penealty issues.

I'm not trying to sound cruel here or anything but it is good way to deter people from doing such crimes in the first place too, right?

#13   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

The reason i put brutal in there is because killing someone, no matter how you dress it up, is brutal as you are terminating their life. And this is my point; they wouldnt have the same pain but they wouldnt be able to harm anyone again. If we want them to feel pain then thats proof that the death penalty system is just about revenge, which is totally and utterly disgusting.

#14   Somia 

• Disciple
                              • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing & a Smile.

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:46 PM

Raven san is enjoying this..
                              Anyhow..killing isnt' nice at al...unless you are forced to at no choise...but still it just isn't right to take away a life...

#15   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:37 PM

If you're really bad, they should torture you on national TV, it would be great to get the ratings up and you can feel that the government is wasting your taxes on paying proffessional torturers, which in turn makes you feel good. =D

#16   Kite 

• Gallant
                                • PipPipPip
                                  • Interests:<3~~~ Hate the schools... X3

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:45 PM

I dont have anything against it..
                                  But if someone does drugs for like, 6 times even on parole and they get sentenced.. Now thats wrong. But people like Scott Peterson.. He deserved to be whipped on national tv. XD should put it on every channel!! :D

#17   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:59 PM

IMO, the death penalty is a bit stupid. It costs more to use it than to stick someone in jail for life. Now, you may say, "What about those really sick and disgusting ones?" I have no problem with killing them, don't worry, but most serial killers actually (in the end) want to be caught and killed, 'cause they know it'd suck being stuck in a cell for the rest of their life.

If you are also wondering about overcrowding and the need for more jail cells, you should consider the fact that overcrowding doesn't result from people killing people, or even rapes or the like, but more lesser crimes that should actually require lesser punishment (because rehabilitation would usually be easier) or harsh sentences for first time offenders, who may become regretful in some cases.

Use the death penalty on the sick, twisted ones if you want, though consider keeping them in jail for life if you really wanna see them tortured and avoid it for those who commit capital crimes but aren't the serial killer type; just give them life. It's cheaper!

#18   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:58 PM

I think that only the extremely dangerous criminals should get the death penalty, but only with extremly significant evidence (to avoid killing an innocent person). what is worse, a mass-murderer (or anything like that) breaking out of jail, or just killing him and be done with it? I think the first.

#19   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                                        • Interests:Computers and anything science-related
                                        • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

I say the Death Penalty should be enforced on criminals that are mass-murderers and such, but only if there is real evidence that the person is guilty. If it was just for regular murder, accidental or not, many innocents would have the death penalty too, because even though there is alot of intentional murder, there is accidental murder (a.k.a. 3rd degree murder), too, like if your car's brakes were broken and you can't slow down so you accidentally kill someone crossing the street.

#20   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA watch

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

I'm talking serial killer, terriost planned murders, not cuaght up in rage killings.

Just to clarify my point since i don't feel i presented it in an accaptable way. I feel it is disgusting how people are as sick and twisted as to kill people for pleasure and then only go to jail, they still live and eat and drink and some escape. In some cases maybe they are sad becuase they face the realism of what they have done and they must live with the guilt. But for the whackos that kill i feel they should experince what they made other people experince.

#21   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:14 AM

So how about, as this is all about revenge, we make the family of the people who they killed, carry out the execution? That way they'll really be able to enjoy themselves! They can look into the persons eyes as they carry it out and see the desperate look and plea for life or whatever. Anyone who can kill another human being has something very wrong with them, but it doesnt mean we should kill back.

I suppose if your son/daughter was up for trial to be killed for mass murder, you'd be more then happy enough to brand them evil beyond redemption and to have them put down like animals.

God/fate decides when human life must end, NEVER man.

At least thats what ive always believed...

#22   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                              • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:36 PM

I'm doing a research project over this as of now. It's actually quite interesting.

If your christian, the death penalty must be enforced to a murderer, or something of that sort as said in Genesis. But for more lenient people, I guess not. I don't really care to much for the death penalty. Convict rehabilitation sahould take place.

#23   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:39 PM

Im one of the more liberal christians that believes in people not having the right to kill other people full stop. Would Jesus have killed another human being? Are we not meant to follow his lead? Its just wrong..

#24   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:42 PM

Would Jesus? Well, He is GOD, and God destroyed Sodam and Gamorrah. Jesus went by the teachings of the old testement, did he not? Yet, he saves not condemns. It's really an odd twist.

#25   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:46 PM

I seriously cant see Jesus ever having done that - he saved the adultress woman..."love your neighbour as yourself" - "love your enemies" You cant say you're murdering the guilty person because you love them. Its out of sheer desire for retribution.

#26   Ganon 

• Slayer
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                      • Interests:Hi.Sup.Wasup.Goodbye.bye-bye.See ya.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:49 PM

I'd have to say a cross between Extreme cases and No.

I agree with what RB is saying here.

I mean. If your bro was killed and the killer was sentenced to a DS, (NO! Not Dual screen!) And you laughed and cheered for it. Would you like that if YOU were the one is his place? No. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

#27   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

True, but Jesus said keep the old ways of the old testement. Why would he suddenly go against them? We may be getting a bit off topic... so...

I Think the only way to use the death penalty is to execute those who defile themselves in murder, rape-then-murder, and things of that sort.

And andross, it doesn't cost more to put some one in prison for life.

#28   Mystic 

• Squire
                                                        • Pip
                                                          • Joined: 09-September 04
                                                          • Location:The dwellings of the megaman world
                                                          • Interests:Megaman, goldensun, fire emblem, hating people who show off.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Well, Im all against killing and death and stuff. But, if someone takes a life, then they should give up theirs as well. If you didnt kill anyone, then they shouldnt die. If someone tortures another person, then they get tortured.

Now, I say that life in prison is ridiculous. You get no freedom, or anything. You might as well get the death sentence. Life in prison is just a waste on the taxpayers' money. I bet that about halfway through their sentence, they wont even remember what they did!

Punishment should be kept simple and fair. There is my reasoning.

#29   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                                                          • Pip
                                                            • Joined: 20-January 05
                                                            • Location:Regina, SK, Canada
                                                            • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:25 PM

I used to think that all criminals that commit murder should be killed but there are a few problems with that and they are just some of the reasons why I've come to change my opinion on it. Andross listed one of them, it would cause the criminal more suffering to live and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Ravenblade, I believe, listed the other reason as to why it is wrong, what right do we have to destroy life? Murderers do not have the right to do so either and I've always been a firm believer that two wrongs don't make a right. Call it personal opinion, the way I was raised, or whatever but I don't think that anything can be solved with more violence. Plus, there have been instances where a person was charged and jailed for life with no chance of parole and later on the case was brought up and that person was proven innocent and released. It happened to a man here in Canada who received millions after he was wrongly accused and jailed, although, I can't remember his name for the life of me. Anyway, if you make that kind of mistake with someone you've decided to give the death penalty, you've just committed murder itself, had the person already been "destroyed". However, I can certainly see where people who agree with it are coming from. I mean, as much as this may make me seem like a hypocrite, I can't deny the fact that if someone was to brutally kill someone close to me that the thought of tieing the person down and torturing them to death, would cross my mind... but in all honesty I'd never do it... I couldn't kill or hurt another human being no matter how they've wronged me... I don't like seeing pain or sadness in another living creatures eyes... That is perhaps a way to look through the world with rose colored glasses, if you will, but it's a better way of looking at things then wanting constant destruction *sigh*.

#30   Andross 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 06-February 04

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:53 PM

Izar, on Mar 13 2005, 11:50 PM, said:

And andross, it doesn't cost more to put some one in prison for life.

...........................

....................................................................

................................................................................
                                                              ........................

THAT'S WHAT I SAID

It doesn't cost as much to put someone in prison for life when compared to the death penalty. The death penalty is more expensive.

Please read a bit more carefully.

Mystic: You're warily ignorant of the advantages of a life sentence. Life sentences, as I've said, are cheaper than the death penalty. Again: CHEAPER. That means more tax money goes down the drain when someone is executed. Less is spent on prison fees.

In addition, if someone tortures, torture them? If you want to torture them, just torment them by placing them in jail for life. Most serial killers/mass murderers would actually rather be killed (at least the twisted ones) than to spend life in jail (Hitler anyone?). Otherwise, no one should be tortured. Ever. And we're protected from it by our Constitution.

#31   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

Going back to the "eye for an eye" thing, and linking in with AR's point, if you killed an innocent person as punishment for some crime they didn't commit, that would mean you took their life and should die too. Im aware it would be viewed as "an authorised killing" but thats a joke term to make people think that it isnt so bad. Its just as bad.

#32   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 2,686
                                                                  • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                  • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                  • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

So people think it's the right idea to kill someone who has murdered so many people but really does there have to be a number to how many people are killed before the person has to die? One is good enough for me. Now I'm not for the death penalty but there must be a better way of dealing with these types of people then just putting them in jail or ending there lifes.

#33   Andross 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,643

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

What do you think prison actually is?
                                                                    They're rehab centers that provide punishment first for crimes by boring you to death. Although I think the US forgot 'rehab' along the way, because it certainly doesn't sound like a lot of it goes on. How should I know though? I've never studied prisons.

There's also parole for some life sentence people. Or they sentence for 100 years with parole, because most life sentences have no parole. Though I never got the why on that - you can rehab 'em still, it might just never happen or take a while. Minimum jail time if given a life sentence though should be at least until the person is 70, IMO (seeing as the life expectancy is mid 70s, so they at least get the last years of their life).

#34   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 3,165
                                                                      • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                      • Gender:Male
                                                                      • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                                      • AKA watch

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:49 AM

Ok just saying that after viewing some of these posts and watching an episode of CSI:Miami i have rehtought my views. It may be strange saying a tv show helped with my ideas but basicaly, the jury was there for a murder case for two months, the person who was being tried was convicted of killing his wife and one of the juers lost it and killed the husband. Later on you find out the duagter did it. Fitting in with AR who said that the person was later found innocent. But for the husband it was a bit late...

Raven i share the same thought that it is not up to us to decide when to end someones life, my family opposes that doctors can 'pull the plug' on someone.

Some good ideas have been said that the killer would have to live out their life with guilt. I am undecided now.

There are no innocent people, only killers and the victims.

#35   Manning sucks 

• Gallant
                                                                      • PipPipPip
                                                                        • Posts: 169
                                                                        • Joined: 07-December 04
                                                                        • Location:Middle Village,NY

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

The Death Penelty is decided by the jury of peers. Then the judge has the right to over rule that decision or not. Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn son and is sentenced to the death penelty. Even though I am 100% for it, the death penelty will not happen.

Most people spend 10-40 on death row and are still not killed yet. Not that many people have been killed by it. I think that it will never happen agian. Tyhe justice system around the world is horrible.

#36   Gardna 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                          • Posts: 798
                                                                          • Joined: 30-November 04
                                                                          • Location:Land of Cuckoo Clock

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:01 AM

I think that death penalty is wrong. First, many people wait for years to be executed. Second, killing people is inhuman. Even when they're the worst murderers, they don't deserve it.

#37   Yokutai 

• Squire
                                                                          • Pip
                                                                            • Posts: 72
                                                                            • Joined: 16-March 05
                                                                            • Location:Florida, United States
                                                                            • Interests:- Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games.<br />- Web design and graphics.<br />- Roleplaying Games.<br />- Japanese Culture.<br />- Anime and Manga.<br />- Golden Sun.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:51 AM

I belive the Death Penalty is pointless because many people have different views on which crimes deserve it and which don't. For example, A person kills 2 cops by accident and then another person kills lets say 3 civilians. There is a better chance that the person who killed the 2 cops by accident is going to get the death penalty instead of the person who killed 3 civilians without regret.

#38   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                              • Posts: 653
                                                                              • Joined: 11-March 05

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:37 PM

Gardna, on Mar 20 2005, 05:01 AM, said:

I think that death penalty is wrong. First, many people wait for years to be executed. Second, killing people is inhuman. Even when they're the worst murderers, they don't deserve it.

sorry, but I totally didn't understand that. How could a murderer, especially a bad one, not deserve to be put to death? Like I said in my last post, better a murderer dead than one who breaks out of jail. (if my sources are right, jails that have prisoners that wait for execution are more secure)

#39   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • Group: Moderator
                                                                                • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                                • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                                • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:57 PM

I would say using the death penalty in extreme cases, but overall, it's horrible IMO. If you want a really bad murderer put away, just send them to jail for life. It's true we have no right to judge who lives and who dies. Think about it: if we enforce the death penalty worldwide, imagine how many people are going to die. Sure, they're bad, but why destroy so many human lives just because of the death penalty. IMO, jail is enough punishment for any criminal, no matter how bad the crime he or she has commited. I've always been wondering this: who was the stupid idiot who came up with the death penalty in the first place? It's horrible and should never have been used in the first place. The death penalty is just another human invention designed soley for the destruction of the human lives.

#40   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                                                                                  • Posts: 2,064
                                                                                  • Joined: 11-February 04
                                                                                  • Location:Atlanta, GA, USA
                                                                                  • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:12 PM

Well, yeah, it is wrong to take a life away, but IMO, if the person is killing others, then he/she should know how it feels to be dead. >_>

#41   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                    • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                    • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                                    • Location:Room 101
                                                                                    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                                                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

Death penalty is fine in my eyes. Though some people deserve worse, much worse. The death penalty is the easy way out for a lot of criminals and terrorists.

#42   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                                      • Posts: 2,489
                                                                                      • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:36 PM

Whether they deserve it or not doesnt mean we have the right to hand it out. Its only down to human opinion at the end of the day and that isnt enough to decide if someone should die.

#43   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                                                                                        • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

Well, true. Sometimes, they do a death penalty on someone for a very stupid reason (like for religious beliefs. :))

Also, I did hear that Scott Peterson has been issued the death penalty. But then again, there was no physical evidence for his murders, just circumstancial evidence, which usually isn't nearly as accurate as physical evidence, so there is a slight chance that he is innocent for the murder of Lacy Peterson. Maybe it wasn't even him; only an idiot would do this if he know how he would end up. Fortunately, it's ganna be a long 10 years before execution, which could give time to find any physical evidence that will confirm if he is innocent or guilty. However, I kinda still think he is guilty.

#44   Alex 

• Lord
                                                                                        • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                          • Posts: 262
                                                                                          • Joined: 23-April 04
                                                                                          • Interests:GS, Naruto, RK, Basketball, Baseball, TOS, and other stuff.

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

I voted no because it's easy to take life, but you can't ever give it back. If anything, just put them in prison for life in really bad cases. I believe in second chances, most of the time. :)

#45   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

Well, you do know that they can sometimes break out jail, right? Thats why the Deathn penalty is handy for realm bad criminals.

#46   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                              • Posts: 653
                                                                                              • Joined: 11-March 05

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:37 PM

I agree with what Gimli said, but I've said things like that over and over again in this topic.... @_@

#47   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                                • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                                                • Location:Room 101
                                                                                                • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:08 AM

The death penalty is the easy way out, and I'm sure it would be preffered by some crimiinals over other punishments. I say torture is good way of dealing with terrorists etc.

#48   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,000
                                                                                                  • Joined: 07-January 05
                                                                                                  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:28 AM

Thats a point. Some terrorist attacks are suicide bombings, so they obviously don't care about death, and so the death penalty would not discourage them from doing this.

I think it depends entirely on the circumstances.

#49   Andross 

• Disciple
                                                                                                    • Posts: 1,643

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

Agatio, on Mar 31 2005, 07:08 AM, said:

The death penalty is the easy way out, and I'm sure it would be preffered by some crimiinals over other punishments. I say torture is good way of dealing with terrorists etc.

:P

That's hypocritical and outright inhumane. It would lead to their eventual death anyway, which they'd be more than willing to accept if they only had to endure 1 year of torture over 50-80 years of complete isolation.

#50   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                                                                                    • PipPipPip
                                                                                                      • Posts: 150
                                                                                                      • Joined: 27-October 06
                                                                                                      • Location:I'm the evil monkey in your closet.
                                                                                                      • Interests:Chewing devil gum, RPG's, board games, hacksawing people in half, eating cold body parts, creating gigantic monsters, and many, many more.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

For one, that's a real big ouch. -_-
                                                                                                      I only think death should be the punishment if the dude does murder with nuclear weapons, resulting in the destruction of the entire city.

#51   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                        • Posts: 968
                                                                                                        • Joined: 20-September 06
                                                                                                        • Location:Outside of your house with a sniper rifle a little computer and an american flag.
                                                                                                        • Interests:Vidoe games, some sports

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

well the death penalty is torture enough for them in my case. Because in what I believe they will get far worse when they go to hell. Life in prison is perfect for terrorist, because the other cut throats aren't going to be his best friend. Who knows he may get in with a bubba (a guy who beats on people and uses them as his hommo doings). thats torture

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                        • You cannot reply to this topic