Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legend Of The Seers

#1   The Sage of Sins 

• New User
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Golden Sun of course, and Hockey, my all time favorite sport...

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:05 PM

Ok, so this was one of my first stories I never finished. I just pulled it up on my computer and I was thinking about finishing it... Want to help convince me? Lol... It's not that great... I started when I was like 12. I'm 14 now... It's also very long so read it when you are board and feeling nice, this will up my chances in nice feedback, lol...

Chapter One
    The Ceremony

“Are you nervous?” Started Blake
    “Very, I can’t believe it, I hope I harness the power of the Mage.”
    “C’mon Brian, you know that no one is ev er going to get that power. I heard it’s just a myth. Besides, any power would be awesome.
    “Yah, I suppose.”
    Blake, 14 and a half years old. He had waited a long time for this day. He would finally harness the power of the legendary Seers. He to had thought of getting the power of the mage, and actually, he half believed it existed. Then again, his best friend Brian had gotten him to believe a lot, and many myths come true when you’re a Seer.
    “Excuse me, may I have your attention?” Spoke sage Shy. “Up here please. he’ hem. Thank you. Hopefully, you all know why we are gathered here today. We will shortly have three new Seers join our clan. To start, Brian please step up.
    “Oh man, this is it.” whispered Brian, sounding as though he could not hold back the anticipation any longer. Brian walked up to the Sage and began reciting the ritual. “Alas I fight not only for myself, my power will not be wasted. The life of those I seek to protect, will surely not disband. I use my power under the gods that watch us, they control my path…” After many more meaningful words, he had finally finished. The night seemed to grow silent. The only light was cast on the stone wall coming from a few torches.
    As of now the ritual didn’t mean much to him, for he was about to become a seer. To wield the power of a magical myth was one of the things he had dreamed of since day one. Blake was glad Brian was first. For some reason it seemed to take off a lot of pressure. Hopefully he wouldn’t be the seer of something stupid, but considering the fact that there were so many, you never know what you might get. It was in the Sages hands now.
    Blake had seen the ceremonies before. Whoever had finally turned 14 and a half would walk up to the sage and recite the ritual. Then a scroll would be brought out. In that scroll you would find a word. It would tell you your Seer power, and when it did you would have to climb to Mount Halo so your power would be granted by the almighty Sage Gods. He had wished his parents were here right now. He had never seen them, and according to Jenna, Brian’s mom, they had given there lives in order to protect Fay and him from a seer wielding the power of the Dragon. A brutal power indeed. Not only could they summon any animal, they could summon any mythological creature to be under their control.
    When Fay came from behind Blake and tapped him on the shoulder, he jumped. He was so deep into thought, he had forgotten the world around him.
    “So, what do you think he’ll get?” Asked Fay.
    “I don’t know, he seems really nervous though.”
    “He has just about every reason in the world to be nervous.” She added.
    She had a point, then again she always did. His sister Fay had a knack for stating the obvious, as if it were impossible for her not to.
    Blake loved his sister, but sometimes he had to separate himself from her for fear of exploding with anger. The thing that really got to him was that he knew she was right, but he always hated to admit it. Why? I don’t know. I guess some of you out there with younger siblings may understand. Then again Blake was only about a minute older then Fay considering the fact that they were twins. It was true. Although he hated to admit this also, he really did not like to have any association with his sister. People in the town of Galiatin had many ideas for gossip because of him being a twin of a girl, even though they looked nothing alike.
    Blake took another glance at Brian. He was beginning to open the scroll, he took his first look and a smile began to form on his face.
    The paper itself had come from the Sage Gods. Considering the fact that they know everything about everyone across the lands, it was easy for them to decide what seer power would suit the person best.
    Leaving the crowd shrouded in mystery he ran straight to Blake and handed him the scroll. Blake gasped, the power he had been hoping to achieve was written on Brian’s paper.
    It read. Brian, for these 14 and a half years, we have been waiting to give you your power. For you, a special one has been chosen. Climb to mount Halo to receive the power of the blade. In the name of the Seers, we grant you the best of wishes. Good luck on your journey.
    Blake felt kind of jealous. He had always wanted that power. Brian’s dad had taught him how to use a sword, but then again Brian knew more.
    “Isn’t that awesome?” questioned Brian, as though the answer was too hard to guess.
    “Yah.” Replied Blake, sounding half as enthusiastic as Fay.
    “Oh yeah, this is the power you have always wanted. Don’t sweat it, I’m sure you will get a good power.” Said Brian seeing the look of dissatisfaction on Blake’s face.
    After Brian had shared his power with the crowd and they had all done there talking. Sage Shy spoke again.
    “Now our second new member is a very smart girl. The gods had given her a rare power also. Fay please come and read your scroll.” Fay, without saying anything else, began walking to grab the scroll in Shy’s hands.
    By now Blake was getting very nervous. At least they could climb Mount Halo together. Who knows what dangerous creatures could be lurking in the mists of the fog.
    Fay finished the ritual and reached for her scroll. She didn’t seem nervous at all. Which of course, isn’t a surprise. She began sliding the string of her scroll. She read it and simply turned around to announce it to the crowd.
    “I Fay Briar have received the power of healing. With my two companions I will climb to Mount Halo and I will become a life seer.”
    At this everyone clapped. Blake thought the scroll suited her well. She would also prove worthy in their trip to Mount Halo. Maybe if something happened, she could heal them, but Blake really didn’t want to think about what could happen on Mount Halo. It was his turn. He was soon to receive the power of the Seer.

Chapter two
    Power of the Mage

Shy began to speak again and before she could say his name he began to walk up on stage. He was so nervous he could feel his legs buckle under him. He stood facing Sage Shy and began reciting the ritual.
    “In the name of the Sages, I Blake Briar swear on the oath of my life that I will follow in the steps of the supreme rulers. I live to protect and I live to be free…”
    After he had finished the rest he reached for the scroll but Shy stopped him.
    “Blake, calm yourself.” Said Shy. “You will get your scroll but first the gods have a message for you. I myself, have traveled to the top of Mount Halo for I had been told to do so when the supreme rulers entered my dreams. They want you to know that with power comes great privilege. These privileges you need to protect. Use them correctly for if you don’t, you may anger the gods. Blake you may now read your scroll.”
    At this point Blake didn’t know if he really wanted to read the scroll. She almost sounded as if he had received some kind of evil power. No way was he going to be like Guerra.
    Guerra was an evil ruler and still is to this day. He is one of the few whom wield the power of the Dragon. Like the one that killed his parents. He had an instinct that Guerra was the one that killed his parents, so he had devoted his life to searching for that man, although he knew he had to wait until the day he was 14 and a half. There’s no way the gods would choose an evil power for him. Not after all this time.
    He looked back at Brian but he was to busy reading over his scroll again and again. Fay was standing next to him and when she noticed he was looking at her, she beckoned him to take the scroll. So he did. He unraveled it and stepped back. He couldn’t believe it. He was speechless. He read it several times and it still did not click. After minutes of silence. Shy began to speak again.
    “Dear Seers.” She spoke aloud. “I know you are wondering what power Blake has received, and I’m sure that once you hear it you will know why he remains in silence. Blake will tell you the power he has received. Blake please face the people and speak.”
    Blake did not hear her at first, but when she said it a second time he turned around and stood in awe. His mouth was so dry he didn’t know if he could speak at all. After another several minutes, he mustered up the courage to talk.
    “I... I.” Blake began. “I have received the power of the Mage.”
    Blake looked at the faces of the crowd and they looked as though they thought this was all one great big joke. When he didn’t say anything else, he began to hear whispers all around him.
    Shy stepped in front of him as if she was being defensive.
    “What the boy tells you is not a lie dear Seers. He is merely reading off the scroll.”
    Since everyone knew the Shy would never tell a lie, they began to believe. The legendary hero had finally been born.
    Blake walked down the isle with people looming over him on both sides. He got to Fay and she hugged him but he couldn’t really hug back. He did not expect this to happen. Why would he have been chosen for one of the greatest powers ever? Then again he couldn’t complain. He could finally defeat the man who was responsible for his parent’s death, and nothing would stop him now. Although he wanted to start right now, he needed to rest. It would prove helpful in the long run against Mount Halo.
    Blake could barley get to sleep that night. He had been thinking too much about the power he had received. What if the gods had mistaken themselves? Why would they choose him? So many questions ran through his head that he just couldn’t answer.
    He could hear Brian next to him letting out a small squeaky sound every time he breathed. It was very high pitched and Blake wanted to laugh. But he was too tired. He turned his head and closed his eyes, letting his dreams carry him away.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The night flew by so fast it seemed only minutes had passed since he was asleep. He awoke when Fay shook him.
    “C’mon. It’s time to go.” She said before she left the room.
    Blake had to admit. He didn’t think he was ready for Mount Halo, but think. He could work wonders with the power of the Mage. Unlimited energy, he would be able to feel pain but he would never be tired of fighting. When he finally is granted the power of magic he could have a never ending supply, but there were others with powers stronger then him. He did have the power of the Mage and that was the only legendary power in the blood of the Galiatins. While he was thinking of this he began to feel much better. Seconds later Brian came into the room.
    “Are you ready?” Brian asked.
    “Yah I think so.” Blake responded.
    “Well first we have to go to the Blacksmith’s to get our weapons. He said they should be ready by the time we get there. It’s a good thing we practiced with swords or we may not have been ready.
    “Yah.” Blake said taking in only half the words coming out of Brian’s mouth. He was to busy pondering about Mount Halo. He had read books on creatures at Mount Halo. Vicious things they were, taking many different shapes and sizes. One he saw in the book was bothering him. He could remember the name but he could not picture it for it was too early for his brain to begin working. Faceless Wanderer was its name.
    He was startled when he heard a loud bang outside his door. After, a few curse words not yet in the line of profanity sprang out of Brian’s mouth. He must have dropped his sword on his foot again. Luckily it was only his practice sword. Both sides being dull and all, the pain only lasted a few seconds.
    He tried to remember what he was thinking but he had lost his train of though. He grabbed his pack and exited the room.
    In the main area Brian was seen sitting on the couch mending to his foot. Fay was reading the book of creatures among Mount Halo in the cooking room. He went over to Brian and helped him up.
    “Oh man, this really hurts.”
    “Well maybe if you’d quit trying to beat your father he wouldn’t knock it out of your hands each time.”
    “Yah well what do you know? I’m a Sword Seer. It’s in my blood.”
    “Well too bad for you it’s all rushing to your foot.” Blake joked.
    He got a kick out of that one but apparently Brian did not for he gave his companion a nasty look. So he walked outside with Fay following him. There they waited for Brian to come out.

Chapter three
    The Blacksmith

Blake couldn’t wait until he received his weapon. Each and every one had its own power to use. Only when one has experienced the true loss of battle will it ever unleash. Yes it had magic, but an unleash from a weapon would be fatal to most. Brian’s father had a very unique weapon. It was called the Dead Blade. When its power was let out a curse would be inflicted upon the enemy. A deadly curse indeed. It would eat at the insides of the foe until they were unable to fend for themselves. Some of the victims claimed to hear voices before they died, but Blake would never believe it until he had heard it himself. Although he had not planned on doing so.
    Blake and Fay were already a fair deal away when Brian came out, so he had to run to get to them. When he did he was panting with an exasperated look on his face.
    “You guys need to wait up. We need to stick together if we don’t want to get lost.” Panted Brian.
    “Don’t worry.” Replied Fay. “I have it all in my head. Everything we need to get to the Blacksmith’s.”
    “Go figure.” muffled Brian.
    It didn’t take long to get to the Blacksmiths. It was a large building made out of concrete blocks that curved to form something that resembled a dome. When they got inside they were surprised to find so many people. Many of them were much older then the three travelers but Blake figured they had also been warriors much longer then themselves. Brian had a sparkle in his eye because what he saw amazed him. Hundreds of legendary swords he was able to get. It was a shame they only had 4,000 coins because it definitely wouldn’t buy the best blade in the store. Not even if they didn’t split the money.
    Fay walked up to the musty wood counter and talked to the man.
    “Hullo. What can I do fer ya’ young fellers?”
    “Um, we need some weapons our size. We have 4,000 coins and we are heading to Mount Halo so we need the best we can buy.” Fay said almost sounding scared to anger the man.
    Blake was feeling the same way Fay was. He was a pretty big man with a balled head and an orange over jacket, but overall he looked harmless.
    The group followed the man to the back where there were plenty of well priced weapons. From maces to swords to bow and arrows, and even wooden staffs that wouldn’t bend under pressure many times its weight.
    “Fantastic.” exclaimed Brian whom was dazzled by all the shining blades. He was particularly fond of the Flame Blade. He walked up to it and touched the handle. It glowed a fiery red glow that cast shadows all over the room.
    “Does it sting?” Questioned the Blacksmith.
    “No, why?” Brian replied.
    “Because if it was to sting then the sword was not meant for you, but seeing as it doesn’t, say hello to your new blade.”
    At this Brian took down the sword and began to swing it around.
    “It feels great.” He said his voice rising. “I, I feel the power. I am stronger with it.”
    “Yes, every sword has its own attributes. Some add magic, some add strength and some are powered with just about everything. For instance, the Halo Blade I have in the back is the most powerful blade I have seen in my whole life. Forged from actual silver in the inside of Halo cave. Not that you youngsters should ever be able to afford it. It costs 112,000 coins, more then me life itself.”
    “Wow.” Fay said looking at the stock of maces.
    Blake found one he liked and the tag showed 1,700 coins. On the tag it read Blade of Mana, or Mana Blade. Its specialty was to raise your magic power.
    Blake liked the sound of that. He could become some kind of sorcerer! Wouldn’t that be awesome? He thought to himself. He picked up the sword and jumped, dropping the blade before he could react. Luckily the blacksmith saw it coming and sped over to catch it before it could even touch the ground.
    “Well, sure don’t look like this is the right sword for you mate.”
    As he put it back on its hooks Blake began to rub his hands. It stung him like a bee sting. It wasn’t that bad, just the shock of it happening so fast had startled him. He overcame his wondering mind and began to look around some more.
    “I think ill try this one.” Fay said.
    The weapon she was looking at was a mace called Angel Mace. It granted you the power to summon an angel from the overlords above to aid you in times of peril.
    “That’s cool.” blurted Brian walking over to Fay putting his sword in his sheath he had just picked out. “It could heal us if we are hurt.”
    On the tag it read 1,100 coins. Brian’s had been 1,300 coins so that left Blake with 1,600 coins.
    “We left you with the most coins since we chose you the leader.” Fay explained waiting for a reply.
    “Thanks.” Replied Blake too intrigued by the weapons.
    He looked up at the highest part of the wall and saw a blade that seemed to give off a glint of light every time he looked at it.
    “Ill take that one.” Said Blake getting a little ahead of himself.
    “Are you sure, here let me take it down fer’ yah.” Said the blacksmith.
    “I’m sure, I can feel it.” Said Blake with great confidence in his voice.
    When the man took it down and Blake gripped its smooth handle he felt a breeze move in between his strands of hair. He too could feel the power rushing into him. He was becoming more powerful. This was his first sword. The Hurricane Blade.
    It harnessed the special ability to summon a very powerful gust of wind to force upon the enemies. He liked it, he was more of a warrior now then he had ever been before. He was ready for Mount Halo, now matter what was ready for him there.

Chapter Four
    The First Threat

The blacksmith sent them off with their new weapons and chain mail for armor. When they left Fay yelled back “Thank you sir.”
    He turned and replied, “The name’s Grudo! And no problem!”
    The sun was setting and Blake’s stomach began to turn. He was becoming nervous. He wouldn’t be returning for a long while and for the first time since they left, he was beginning to miss Galiatin.
    They were just about to Froto Forest. That would be where they would get their first taste of battle. Monsters less challenging then the ones at Mount Halo lived there.
    Ever since they left Grudo’s shop Brian had been swinging his sword around and around in the air.
    Fay was leading considering she knew everything, including the way to go. Of course Blake was the leader but he had no sense of direction, therefore he did not protest as to who was first in line.
    Trees were starting to appear as the path faded. After about two hours they were finally arriving at the forest. Suddenly, Fay stopped.
    “Look, look ahead, can you see it?” She spoke.
    Brian, paying attention to his sword rather then what was in front of him, ran right into the back of Fay dropping his sword and nearly cutting off her fingers when it landed next to her hand on the ground.
    Blake saw what Fay was talking about. A little critter was rummaging around in the bush ahead. Through Fays cursing at Brian, Blake could hear a cracking sound coming from the bush.
    “shhh!” Brian whispered.
    Fay and Brian got to there feet and drew there weapons. The night was coming, though it was not yet dark, and already had they encountered a monster.
    Blake took the lead, stepping cautiously as if afraid of stepping on a mere bug. The rest of the party followed.
    An idea popped into Blake’s head. He stopped to lift his sword in the air above his had. With all his might he thrust the sword toward the ground.
    “Hurricane blast!”
    Before the sword could hit the ground an invisible force pushed it away. Wind built up at the tip of the sword and let loose sending Blake stumbling backwards.
    A tornado of wind headed toward the bush like a homing missile. When it collided leaves and berries flew in the air and sent the critter hurtling back into a nearby tree.
    It was Brian’s turn. He gripped his sword tightly and it began to heat up at the handle. He pointed it towards the helpless figure and awaited the blast when Fay yelled.
    “Wait, it’s been hurt enough!”
    “You don’t know that!” Said Brian still looking straight ahead in hopes of it giving him a reason to attack.
    “I do.” Replied Fay taking a few steps forward.
    Now she was parallel with Blake.
    “We don’t know what that thing is. I mean, who knows if it’s faking or not?” Said Blake.
    “I’ll tell you if it’s faking or not.” spoke Fay, taking slow steps toward the creature.
    Brian sighed. “I swear, one of these days she’s going to get us killed.”
    When Fay reached the critter she waved for the others to come.
    Blake did but Brian, still disappointed over Fays disconcern for their safety.
    “Look, its hiding, but it’s not very concealed.” whispered Fay.
    When Blake got there he saw a little blue creature with its head lowered to the ground. It seemed to think as long as it couldn’t see Blake and his party, they couldn’t see him, or her, whichever gender this creature may be.
    “It seems scared.” Brain said, blowing his head to get a closer look.
    “Be careful.” exclaimed Fay, “we don’t know its reason for being here.”
    “Now you understand what I was saying.” Brian murmured emerging behind the two. “Although, it doesn’t seem like it’s much of a fighter.”
    “We should keep it!” Fay jumped startling the two, but the creature had hid its position the whole time.
    “You can’t be serious! We don’t even know what the damn thing is, how do you expect us to look after it.”
    “I don’t know.” Blake remarked, “But maybe it could help us. You think?
    “That scrawny thing! Ha! Maybe if it put on a few 100 pounds and we could ride it up Halo Mountain but I don’t think so!”
    Fay spoke back in a disgusted manner. “Oh for goodness sake Brian! Don’t be such an idiot! I’m taking it!”
    “You can’t!” Yelled Brian looking at Blake for some backup.
    “It’s all good with me.” Blake said seeing the look on Brian’s face. “You never know, it could end up being a great partner in the end!”
    “It could also end up being a disaster in the end.” he muffled under his breath.
    Fay reached out to touch it and when she did, surprisingly, the creature did not run. Instead it turned to look at the group. Now they could see the animals features up close. It was light blue and had black stripes running down its back. It had long ears and a nose that just barely curved to the sky.
    “Oh it’s adorable!” Fay whispered sounding like she was going to cry but when Blake looked at her she seemed fine.
    Fay reached out to pick it up and to surprise them again, it jumped right into her arms.
    “I’m guessing it’s been trained.” Said Fay still admiring the critter. “I shall call him Posh, after our dog.”
    “How cheesy.” Said Brian.
    “Watch it Brian, she would kill to bring that dog back, she loved it very much, maybe this will help her forget about the whole incident.” Replied Blake.
    “Yah, I suppose you’re right, seeing your dog get killed by bandits is probably not very fun.” Said Brian lowering his head.
    “Well let’s get going!” Exclaimed Blake dismissing the subject.
    “Ok! Let’s do!” Replied Fay.
    So they continued down the trail to Halo Mountain, careless of what was to happen next. Little did they know, the trip would become more complicated, then they had ever hoped for.

Chapter Five
    The Ribbon

“Why do we have to bring that damn thing along?” Complained Brian a couple hours later. “It keeps gnawing at my god damn leg!”
    “Oh shut up.” Said Fay, defending Posh. “I’d rather have him tag along then you, you are making me sick.”
    The whole time Fay and Brian had been arguing, Blake had been more aware. He felt a presence about the forest and he did not like it. It didn’t feel so much as a ghost, but a ghastly being that was keeping a good eye on the group.
    Blake had not spoken for hours. He kept his right hand on the hilt of his sword and the other ready for whatever may be needed.
    “Look! There it is! That’s it, isn’t it?”
    Blake looked up. “Well it’s about time, good eye Fay. I think we are nearing Mount Halo.”
    They hadn’t encountered an enemy since the harmless critter they found snooping in the bushes, but that didn’t disappoint them. They were rather happy. Everything had gone just fine, and it seemed at this point. Nothing could go wrong. Of course, peace doesn’t last long.
    Suddenly, Fay stopped dead in her tracks and when Brian and Blake turned to look. She had fallen to the ground.
    “Fay! Are you ok?”
    Brian ran to her and held her head as Posh watched admiringly. Blake scouted the path to Mount Halo with a sense of indignation in his eyes.
    “Blake, she’s got some kind of dart thing in her neck!”
    “Take it out, quick!”
    Blake drew his sword and backed up to Fays curled up body.
    “Is the wound swollen already?”
    “Yah.” Replied Brian “It happened pretty quick.”
    “It’s poison, we’ve got to get out of here.” When Blake turned to help Brian lift Fay, he heard a quick movement behind him. Almost like the rustling of leaves on a dark autumn night. Without looking he spoke to Brian.
    “Seems we’ll have to fight this one out.” He turned to face his enemy and Brian walked up next to him with his sword held high.
    Three cloaked figures stood in a huddle of some sort. Blake could see a hint of a shiny material coming from the bundle. This indicated they were armed, and very dangerous.
    “Some kind of assassin.” Said Brian.
    “Yah, ninjas.” He replied.
    The three figures turned and lurched into the air, disguised by the veil of the darkened night.
    “Crap.” Murmured Blake. “Brian! Fire!”
    Brian turned almost confused at first, and then he looked back to the sky and said. “Sword of fire, light my path!” At this, a luminous glow came from the tip of his sword casting a dome of light around them.
    They listened intently. Brian turned to look at Fay. She was gone.
    “No. They took her!”
    “Oh god.” Blake said realizing the disaster when he felt a tug on his leg. He ignored it.
    “C’mon, I heard something this way.”
    They darted down the forests path in hopes of finding the enemy once again. After about five minutes of running, they were out of breath.
    “How, How’d they get away so, so fast?”
    “I don’t know Brian, but I think we have to go back.”
    “No! We will finish the quest, we made a vow!”
    “I know.” He spoke the vow. “Alas I fight not only for myself, my power will not be wasted. The life of those I seek to protect, will surely not disband. I use my power under the gods that watch us, they control my path. When blind, I will see, when deaf I will hear. Through the gods that watch us. I fight for my cause. I fight for you, and I shall not fail…” He stopped. “It doesn’t matter anymore. She’s gone.” He walked ahead of Brian. Brian did not speak, yet followed behind.
    Again, Blake felt a tug on his pant leg. He looked down at Posh, who looked back with the most innocent eyes. He held something in his mouth.
    “What?” He said very grumpily.
    “He’s got something in his mouth.” Observed Brian walking over to take it.
    Posh gladly gave it up, and he circled the two in hopes of a reward.
    “Sorry, we got nothing to give you Posh.”
    “Blake! I think this might help us find Fay! Maybe we don’t have to give up after all!”
    “Let me see.”
    Brian handed him the item he held. Blake observed it, a black ribbon with silver lining on the sides. It read Guerra Manile, strength and rule.
    “Guerra! Could it be?”

Chapter Five
    Change in Plans

After they pondered what they had discovered, Brian finally spoke.
    “What is Guerra doing around these areas?”
    “I don’t know, but I have to find my sister. What do they want with her?” He paused. “Damn it!”
    “Blake, what do we do?”
    A serious rage ran through Blake’s eyes as he spoke through clinched teeth. “First, we continue Halo Mountain and receive our powers. Then, with the Mage’s power behind me, Guerra could never stop me.”
    “Be careful not to underestimate him Blake, think of the wondrous and evil things he could create.”
    “He killed my parents, that was enough. Now my sister!” He closed his fist around the ribbon he still held, and then he threw it to the ground, and spat on it. “He shall be no more.”
    “Fine, no matter where you go, I follow.” Brian walked up to his companion and rested his hand on Blake’s shoulder. “We’ll get this guy, you can count on it.”
    Brian then knelt down and brought his hand up below Posh’s nose. It jumped and sunk its teeth into his finger. He sprung back.
    “Ouch!” Blood began to run down his hand.
    “I am guessing he is hungry.” Said Blake.
    Posh immediately jumped on to Blake’s shoulders, and they began to continue down the path.
    Brian had continued to eye the little critter that Fay had called Posh. If it gave him one more hassle, Brian would grab it by the neck and kick it to the mountain, or so he claimed.
    It became very silent, and the night grew very dark. The trees stood high above. The moon and its glowing aura could be seen through the branches. Frodo forest was exactly like they had expected, which was surprising. If only they had Fay. She had studied the forest day and night preparing herself for the journey. She would teach them what they did not know.
    Blake kept his sword sheathed but Brian rested his on his shoulder, like always. Blake figured they would have to set camp, it was becoming very dark. Nothing could be seen hence it be more than a few feet from there eyes. The only reason they could see anything at all was because Brian kept his sword glowing while they walked. This also kept them warmer than what they would have normally been.
    There was one other big problem. Fay was the one that was carrying their food. Brian had the camp pack and Blake had the supplies, such as a dagger and other utensils, but they had not realized they no longer possessed one of the most important things they had brought along. When Blake realized this he stopped.
    Brian continued walking a few feet and happened to look over. When he saw that Blake was gone he began to panic.
    “Blake? Where are you?!” After no reply he began to break down even more. “Oh why?! Why did they have to take you to?!”
    Blake laughed. This made Brian jump. He ran toward the voice and almost collided with Blake.
    “That is not funny man.”
    “I know.” Blake said holding back a burst of laughter.
    “Well it’s good to see you are happy again.”
    This made Blake remember why he had stopped.
    “Well Brian, all worries aren’t over. Remember each of us three travelers packed a separate bag with different essentials?”
    “Yeah.” Brian did not understand and by the sound of his aimless reply, Blake noticed.
    “That means we have no food!”
    Brian thought. “Oh man! Fay has our food! What the hell is wrong with us?! I am getting tired of this!”
    “It is not us, it is Guerra. I think he planned all of this. Now we are short of food, but what would his intentions be?”
    “Well you do wield the power of the mage… That is if we survive long enough to reach the mountain.”
    Blake began to unpack the camping materials.
    “Yeah but there is nothing I can give him. The power is mine, I vowed to use it for good. There is nothing he can do to make it his.”
    “Well, I’m fresh out of ideas. Let’s just get this place set up. Over there is a nice piece of flat land. We can put up the tarp on that.”
    Setting up the tarp took a near twenty minutes. Brian rummaged through the pack he had on his back in hopes of something that would spark his mood. While he spoke out what he pulled from the bag, Blake concentrated on the pendant he wore around his ankle. His mother had given it to him when he was born. It was meant to go around his neck, as a necklace, but it had become too small, so he had it on his foot.
    Inside it had a winded clock. Its glass cover had been cracked and it was no longer functioning. Carved into the inside of the front it read don’t forget. He tried to remember, he tried to remember his mom, his dad. Although as hard as he tried, they just seemed to slip away more and more. He was just a baby when he had seen them. They have to be long gone by now. He had carved that inscription in the pendant when he was old enough to understand what had happened. He knew he could never forget, but this marked his revenge on his parent’s death. The day would come; the person responsible for his life without family would pay.
    He looked over to where Brian had been unpacking. He lay asleep with his head on the pack. It seemed very uncomfortable. Blake grabbed his blanket and lay down his head. He stayed awake for a very long time. It was not Brian’s snoring that had kept him up. It was his mind that refused to quit. So many thoughts ran through his mind. Why would Guerra want my sister? What does he want with me? No one could answer these questions, so he turned over on his stomach and it began to rumble. He was very hungry. There was nothing to eat now and as Posh snuggled up next to him he slowly fell asleep.

#2   Warbird 

• Squire
    • Pip
      • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

You have a really good storyline there, keep it up!

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic