• You cannot reply to this topic

Artist (that's You!) Interview

#1   Julian 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

Artist Interview
    I thought this would be a "more" appropriate place to post this rather than offtopic.. since only the artists come here >.o
    so yeah, check it out, tell everyone a little about urself...

1) How long have you been... an artist?
    2) What inspired/motivated you? Tell me everything!
    3) What's your favorite subject of art? (web design, drawing etc etc) If so, do you have a certain type you like to do most? (anime, gaming layouts... etc etc)
    4) To you is art... a hobby or career?

#2   Elliott 

• Cool
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
      • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

Around 1 year.

Boredom initially, I wanted to learn a skill that would express something, just so happened I got into web design, the digital art followed.

3) What's your favorite subject of art? (web design, drawing etc etc) If so, do you have a certain type you like to do most? (anime, gaming layouts... etc etc)

I like web design, graphics and flash. I don't have any particular favourite style, anything that looks good really.

Career. I want to end up doing freelance work for a living. Programming, web design, graphic design etc. It's a field I want to get into and take very seriously.

#3   Luna 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

That depends a lot on what you define as "artist". In my case, I have been art-inclined ever since I was a little kid and was able to grab a pencil and draw (I'm 16, btw). My sister isn't art inclined and, she never dedicated herself to that kind of activity. At a personal level, I really think I am an artist.

When I was litte, inspiration came out of anywhere. I would just sit in the living room each night and draw and draw and draw. And my dad would paste my drawings on the walls of his room. Maybe his liking of my drawings was what made it so fun for me.

Now that I have grown, it's the really simple things in life that inspire me. Like the things that people woudln't normally notice.

But, what I really think inspires me the most, is humans.

I really love drawing and painting. CADs (Computer Aided Design) are fun but I don't really dedicate myself to them completely. Just if I'm bored or if I need it for a school project. My other favourite is photography.

A hobby. I jsut do it for fun (except for when it's a school assingment, etc). It might turn into a career later on though.

#4 Guest_princess of hearts_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

oh lets see...since 4th grade so....5 years

XD my older sister and anime. my sister is an amazing artist and won an award once. we both loved sailor moon, and then we would chill out and draw.

I like web design, but mainly personal websites. a site, http://sparrow.net.tc/, really inspired me to try and get into the hobby. its sad to see the site is finally at its resting place, but i hope to be as great of a designer <3. as for drawing, I love doing anime. XD as if you couldn't tell. but I also like doing landscapes and picasso like drawings are fun as well (we did one picasso project this year in art, it looked so messed up, yet cool!) and some people consider music/poetry as an art. for me, I like song writing and for poetry, I used to like rhyming stuff, but now whatever flows and describes feelings and emotions best is what I like

hobby for now, but hopefully a career later

#5   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

1.5 years.

Like Agatio said. Boredom. I felt like using MSPaint one day, self taught myself to use it and been using it since.

My favorite subject of art would be pixel art/sprites. That would probably turn out to be flash movies for my favorite type.

Hmm. I find it both. Do sprite art for those who request, and just for fun. To practice, avatars and more.

#6   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
            • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

Monthes

Blade Lord Lyn's awesome mugs.

Sprites

A hobby, but I make those for others who want them.

#7   Andross 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

Julian, on Jun 12 2005, 02:03 AM, said:

I've been an "artist" (I still don't consider myself experienced enough to deem myself a true one) for around three & 1/2 years.

It basically started out with the web. I go online, see a booming community, and I think "hm, I want to try that." I don't start it [building a site] until later, but it's in the back of my mind, and I really start getting into forum chat because of my new found web addiction. So then, I become a frequenter of a GS forum, and see people making some neat banners. And again, I think "hm, I want to try that." That's basically what began my artistry, as I tried to start making abstracts.

Obviously, it was crappy at first, but I wasn't inspired by something in paticular, but just people making general graphics that looked cool.

My favorite subjects are abstract, web, and photography. Abstract simply makes me go wow, when it comes to the really good stuff. It's so well rendered that it seems that it might be real, even though it's merely a non-uniform shape. So you could say I also like surrealism.

Web, as in web layouts, are where you get attention and feel like God (XDDDD), but the great layouts are also just amazingly composed, and that's really the awesome part of web layouts. They range from the simple, clean, and calmly cool, to complex, futuristic, and technically brilliant. What's more to say other than that making a cool web layout is fun, and you can associate yourselves with new people and have your own community?

I like photography because I'm just interested by foreign locales. Really good photos will give you a glimpse of the world or a different view of it, or just something that you can't find in your own home. Capturing a stunning scene is what I want to strive for basically. Travel the world, see amazing sites, and record them on the way.

A career. I want to pursue becoming a professional artist as well as making money doing multimedia type things. For all I know, it could be advertisement, or designing blogs for law firms (lol, what my bro does :P). Nonetheless, it's no longer a hobby as it was in my beginnings with art - it's a serious career that I want to pursue.

#8   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:43 PM

I've been spreading my love since I was born.

Well, I was shocked when I realised that 99% of the worlds population is completely thick, so I figured the world needed someone of my tallents.

Good question, I like Graphics design/editing and abstract art alot. I love abstract, because you can make a complete piece of crap and if it looks screwed up enough people will pay you for it, suckaz!

Purely a hobby, I'm more of a writer personally, but my father always said to me, it never hurts to learn more than you need, because you never know when you may need more than you know.

#9   angelchii 

• Gallant
                • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:23 AM

since i was in kindergraten O.o
                  well i just wanted to draw and do art
                  well anything, mostly anime and gaming layouts
                  for now hobby and after college i want it to be my career

#10   Izar 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

-Artist? Well, I'm a Photographer, so I think that clears it. My whole life almost, Got serious with photography about 4-5 years ago.
                    -I've loved photography for all my life, that's why I'm going into movies.
                    -Photography... I like Nature Photography, I really love photographing nature more than anything else. Photographing nature, landscapes, buildings, cemtaries... it's just fun.
                    -I think if it's a passion, then it can be either one. There is no limit to the kinds of art and how it can be employed.

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic