• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun 3 - Possible Storyline By Wiflewood

#1   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

Yes, yet another post-GS2 fanfic. I thought I'd have a go at writing one.
    This is based on what I think would happen after Golden Sun 2. I know they aren't going to make another one, but I think this would be what happens, presented in fanfic style :o

N.B:I hope this is accurate. I haven't played GS2 in a while, and the ending of it seemed a bit unclear. I think I just managed to remember what happened (by looking up the script) but alert me if anything in in-accurate.

So far I've only done an Intro, and I'm going on holiday on Saturday for 3 weeks, so you may not hear Chapter one for a while. I'll try and write some on holiday.

It is set about a month on from the end of GS2.

----------------------------

INTRODUCTION

The cold night air rattled the wooden shutters on the windows of the small thatched hut.

Isaac awoke with a start, covered in a cold sweat. It took him a moment to recognise his surroundings, and he sat in bed, breathing heavily for a while, before getting out from beneath his covers, pulling his cloak around him, and stepping outside into the cool, night breeze to calm down. The dream had started as it always did, in the aerie of Mars Lighthouse. He could remember snippets of the conversation with the wise one, "It is inevitable. In time, one man will seek to rule over all. It is human nature, inescapable." and then the fight with the dragon, that turned out to be his own parents. He fought back the tears brimming in his eyes.

Tonight though, the dream continued, and Isaac saw Alex and The Wise One atop Mt. Aleph. The Wise One was explaining to Alex that he did not have inifinite power, but only some of it. The dream had started to fade, but then Isaac was astounded by the hearing of his own name. "It rests even now in the hands of young Isaac" he had said, reffering to the Mars Star, in which the wise one had implanted some of the power of the Golden Sun itself. He reached a hand inside his cloak, and looked at the Mars Star, dangling from its leather strap around his neck. He stared at it intently, its deep red hue glistening in the starlight. The night he had returned to Vale, The Wise One had appeared to him, and entrusted him with it. Although the Lighthouses had been lit, he stressed that it was still important to keep the Mars Star, which he had recovered from the lighthouse, very safe. He had not told Isaac why, but told him that he must guard it well.

The wind caught up again, and Isaac wandered back into the house and back to bed, his mind dreaming of the task he had been set.

#2   Neo 

• Disciple
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:44 PM

Very nice. It's something different the the other GS fanfics I have seen till now. You start at the very end of GS2, while the other start a few years later. Very interesting. I can't wait for more.

#3 Guest_Jack_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

Ya know how you can transfer your data over to GS2? If they did that with GS3, then you would see actual footage of your battle with the Doom Dragon, instead of computer generated footage.

#4   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

I like it Wifle. The way you described everything gives a more Story-like appeal to it, as if it were a story as opposed to it being a video game. That's what I look for when just come reading other people's fanfics based on Video Games. One last thing: It seems that in the story, Vale wasn't destroyed. If that's straight after GS2, then Vale should be obliterated by now.

#5   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

@Jack: If your not going to comment on the story, then Shut up.
          @MD: Yeh, I know. Its not very clear from the intro, but In the first Chapter it explains about them rebuilding the town.

#6   Eothain 

• Berserker
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:55 AM

wifle: very nicely written, good choice of language. It's very good that you gave it more of a "book" feel rather than a "game" feel. It's very good, can't wait for more.

#7   gsninja 

• Master Adept
              • Group: Moderator
              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:44 AM

I like the whole layout of the story so far. I also like how you start the story right after the end of The Lost Age. Keep up the good work.

#8   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

CHAPTER 1: The Rebuilding of Vale.

The week continued as normal for Isaac, waking Jenna early each morning, to help finish rebuilding the Town Hall, along with Garet and Piers, who had decided to stay in Vale with Isaac and Garet, until the town was back to its usual self. Ivan was out travelling with Sheba to Vault, where he was meeting the Mayor, whom he had been good friends with while Hammet was staying in Vault. The Mayor had requested Ivan come and tell him about their journeys, and being the polite gentleman that he was, could not refuse. Sheba was not pleased about having to visit "Some boring old man" but Jenna had encouraged her to go.
                Felix had been very quiet lately, and although he had helped the residents in building work, he had never gotten actively involved in the community spirit. Isaac and Garet had told Jenna that he just had a lot on his mind, and advised them not to pester him.

Everything in Vale had been destroyed after the Golden Sun had formed over Mt. Aleph, and although only 1 month had passed since the day that Isaac and Garet had returned, nearly everyone's homes had been rebuilt, and they were now in the process of rebuilding the Town Hall, shops, and Sanctum. Of course, Psynergy helped tremenously with this ordeal. Most of the villagers had psynergy to some degree, but Isaac, Garet, Piers, Jenna and Mia's was very strong, and they could single handedly fix houses
                in under and hour. The villagers were very impressed.

At the end of the first week of the party's return, Isaacs mother had passed away in her bed, a fact which had shocked the whole town greatly. Isaac was most affected of course, and he often wandered down trough the orchard, reminiscing of happier times. He had got over the death though. It was inevitable after all, his mother was growing very old, but he now had no living family in contact.

Isaac had not told the others about his visit from the Wise One concerning the Mars Star. He reasoned that he should wait until all was back to normal before talking to them about it. After all, who could be after it? He assumed this was why he had to guard it. he could not think of another reason for it, but who would want to have it? It was useless now that the Mars Lighthouse had been lit. It did not seem to be anything but a useless gem. The only person he could think of wanting it...
                He propped his head back against the Oak tree, and returned to his dream...

The Wise One looked down upon Alex, his gaze fixed sternly on him.
                "Look at me!" cried Alex."My body is brimming with power!"
                The Wise One advanced on Alex, and with a tremendous burst of psynergy, forced Alex to his knees.
                "How!? Whats going on? I should be all-powerful! How can you defeat me?!?" Alex shouted at the Wise One.
                "You are not all powerful Alex." replied The Wise One. "Your power has its limits, as does your life."
                "This cannot be!" shouted Alex. "Who is responsible for this treachery? Who has robbed me of my dream?
                "I, The Wise One, imbued the Mars Star with some of the power of the forming Golden Sun. It rests even now in the hands of young Isaac."

The Dream began to fade, but as it did, Isaac saw for the first time the end of it. He had assumed that The Wise One had defeated Alex with psynergy, but saw that The Wise One did nothing to Alex, but that Alex was beeing dragged down with Mt. Aleph as it descended into the earth. He could see it sink lower and lower, and as it's peak was about to vanish, a blinding flash of light, and Isaac awoke with a start.
                Had Alex escaped? or had he been dragged down?
                He must have been dragged down, Isaac decided. He had tried to escape hadn't he? he couldn't have made it out. But even as Isaac made his way back to the others, he could't help but think what had happened. If anyone wanted the Mars Star, it would be Alex, to 'fulfill his dream"...

#9   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                  • Group: Moderator
                  • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

Very interesting. The story looks like it's developing pretty well. Great job, and keep it up!

#10   Neo 

• Disciple
                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

great first chapter. It clears up some parts from the Intro. This is actually the very first GS fanfic I enjoy reading.

#11   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                    • PipPipPipPip
                      • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

Well done. I like how you incorporated the Mars Star into the story. Something new and different.

#12   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

I think explaining all those questions from the intro in the first chapter made it more intriguing. Again, great work.

#13   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

Very good fanfic, prob. the best at this forum IMO. Great Job!

I love your english, its like you took time out to write an essay for your English class.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic