Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zelda Tp: Confirmed Rumors It's true, you can use the Revolution Controller for this baby.

#1   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/th...tml?sid=6146106

Yes, you can play TP on your Revolution Controller. Wether or not you can actually do anything extra-special with it has yet to be answered.

#2   Blue 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

I heard the news on IGN as well. Mr. Miyamoto stated that it would have some use I think. Just not sure what yet. Maybe you could get into a special boss fight and have to use the Revoultion to control Link, link use the joystick to move him but to swing the sword you would have to use the motion sensing functionality.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

I knew this was gonna happen. It just had to! What with TP being released about the same time as the Rev and as it won't sell very well on the GC(because it's the GameCube's end of life) Nintendo will want to make as much money by selling this on the Revolution. Reggie and Miyamoto-san have always both said that the TP's pushed release dates were not so they could add Rev-only content, but to add more gameplay and dungeons and such. Well, I think they were lying through their teeth.

#4   Blink 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

So far, the only confirmed aspect of controller use is for shooting arrows, but that certainly includes the hookshot and boomerang. Dunno about the rest of the game though.

#5   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Mar 18 2006, 12:30 PM, said:

What with TP being released about the same time as the Rev and as it won't sell very well on the GC(because it's the GameCube's end of life)

I agree, I will probably be one of the few to get this game on the GC, this is great news for people who are looking into getting the Rev.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
              • Group: Admin

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

View PostBlink, on Mar 18 2006, 02:40 PM, said:

So far, the only confirmed aspect of controller use is for shooting arrows, but that certainly includes the hookshot and boomerang. Dunno about the rest of the game though.

That wasn't a confirmation; Miyamoto never specified that, but only said that Twilight Princess will be playable with the Revolution controller, and didn't state in what way. However, that is certainly plausible.

This is a powerful move by Nintendo. It gives GameCube owners a final game to enjoy and cherish, while giving gamers an early incentive to buy the Revolution console. Imagine, with Super Smash Brothers, Twilight Princess, and potentially Metroid Prime 3 and a new Nintendo IP at launch, all ready and playable on the Revolution.

It should be noted, however, that Twilight Princess remains a GameCube game, and only as such. The added functionality with the Revolution controller is merely a "bonus" of sorts, similar to how the Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons games were produced for the GameBoy Color, but had added funtionality when played on GameBoy Advance.

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

Therefore there is nothing for Gamecube fans to worry about. They're not changing the game to make it better for the Rev, they're just giving it a spiffy new feature that Rev fans will want to have.

#8   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Precisely, and contrary to what many people believe, I feel that Twilight Princess will have strong sales, regardless of the fact that the GameCube, and the current generation, is nearing its end; it fulfills a dual role, as one of the most anticipated and greatest games of this generation, for GameCube owners, and also as a powerful motive for the Revolution.

#9   Blink 

• Disciple
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

No, I do believe that the full quote said otherwise...

"Gonintendo.com" said:

“Let me put it this way,” Miyamoto says. “When you are going to play ´Twilight Princess´ on the Revolution, you are going to be able to use the Revolution controller. I can confirm that you can shoot arrows by utilizing the remote control.”

In order to illustrate, he points his hand at us and fires a few imagniary arrows in our direction. He probably forgot that this piece of information was supposed to remain a secret.

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

Haha!! Good point Blink...

I'm also going to buy TP for the GC. Dunno why, but mneh...

I think that Twilight Princess will have high slaes too, but if it was released two years ago, it would have, I think, not only have sold better, but it would have also sold quite a bit of GC's.

#11   Toasty64 

• Berserker
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:VIDEO GAMES, food, computers, cartoons,anime, and FOOD. <br />And Pie, pie is good, verrrryyyy good..........did I mention pie?

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

I have wind waker, and if TP is anything like it (obviously it will be), then it's worth buying, especially for the Rev.

#12   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:32 AM

Yeah, The Wind Waker(which I also have, I would never miss on a Zelda game) is also awesome, but it didn't have a lot of things it needed. Most of all, it needed more dungeons. It just felt very hurried. Actually, the original Wind Waker was supposed to have two more dungeons: the Fire and Ice Temples! Ninty threw them out so they could get the game out faster... I guess these two dungeons will be put into TP.

Also, I would like to remind you all of THE GAME.

This post has been edited by Aquamarine: 21 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

#13   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Me111

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:54 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Mar 21 2006, 02:32 PM, said:

Yeah, The Wind Waker(which I also have, I would never miss on a Zelda game) is also awesome, but it didn't have a lot of things it needed. Most of all, it needed more dungeons. It just felt very hurried. Actually, the original Wind Waker was supposed to have two more dungeons: the Fire and Ice Temples! Ninty threw them out so they could get the game out faster... I guess these two dungeons will be put into TP.

I agree that there should have been more dungeons. The triforce hunt at the end was bad as well. Even they admitted that the section wasn't good. That's why I don't mind the delay.

#14   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:47 AM

When WW came out, I doubted the cel-shading but it turned out to be great. I don't think there was anything wrong with it.

#15   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

Nah, there isn't anything wrong with cel-shading(actually, this is Nintendo's version of cel-shading called toon-shading), but it just doesn't suit Zelda! Imagine a cel-shaded Mario game. It would look awesome! Zelda should have realistic graphics, and Mario, of course, shouldn't. They put this graphics in The Wind Waker so they would give Link a bit of character... But he is a silent character and he doesn't need facial expresions and so on... But Mario is NOT a silent character. Just imagine him making all the grimaces Link made AND talking in his funny voice! Hilarious!

#16   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

I think the cel-shading was something that was needed in the series. People were waiting for updated graphics and this shocked people, and yet it was still a great game! These are morals that Nintendo should rest on.

#17   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                    • Group: Moderator
                                    • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

I get sick of hearing how Zelda should be a "dark" and "serious" game.

I want another cel-shaded Zelda! Screw all the people who hated it, I though it looked great! It really gave the game a unique personality.

But I don't think Nintendo should make another kid character. I don't know, it's just weird controlling a character who looks 5 that beats up legions of huge monsters in mysterious dungeons. Maybe a teenage Link? We have yet to see a Link in his teen years.

#18   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

But I don't think Nintendo should make another kid character. I don't know, it's just weird controlling a character who looks 5 that beats up legions of huge monsters in mysterious dungeons. Maybe a teenage Link? We have yet to see a Link in his teen years.

:P So true, so true...

There is no way Nintendo will make another cel-shaded Zelda. At least that's what I think. A lot of people didn't buy TWW just because of the graphics. Yeah, I know, it's stupid. Also, everyone thinks that realistic graphics suit Zelda more. I am one of them. I don't want Zelda to be a "dark" and "serious" game, but to be like the N64 Zelda's. Not too "dark", not too "kiddy".

#19   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:05 AM

I agree with WD, I think another cel-shaded game would be great, especially for the DS. But I don't think they should center the series around cel-shading. The game just looks better in beautiful, real-life 3D.

Page 1 of 1
                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                        • You cannot reply to this topic