• You cannot reply to this topic

Art Forum har har

#1   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

okay first of all, I thought whether it should go in the art forum or not but I think this is better. But mods, do what you want, move it if it's better. And I know there's a little option where you can remove the "trail back" thingamabob

okay, my suggestion

I sometimes browse the megatokyo forums (har har fangirl I know). And I used to look at the art section of it. Okay now the members who post art there are amazing. I mean like proper professional, which puts my art to shame and buried in a hole.

But I also noticed how heavily critical of work people were,. And actually, the purpose of the art forum was to be a sorta "art college". You HAVE to have spent atleast a good hour on it and the next time you post, you have to have taken into account the past critism.

So basically no n00b art

I like both sides here. I like the fact that here people give more encouragement of people's works but I also like MTs "no we're not going to say it's good if its shyt and let you carry on thinking that way"

So okay maybe I'm thinking there should be a sort of rule where the artist has to leave a kinda disclaimer saying whether they want criticism or whether it's for fun.

Or even leave it in the topic title

because this way we won't have anyone yelling at anyone for critising,but if artists do want to improve and want crit, then just say so in the next post with art.

I dunno I guess it's prolly stupid but it's summink I noticed x_x

#2   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

To be honest, when I critique art, I sometimes get tired of always being positive. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This would be a good way to get criticisms into the art forum.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:54 PM

I think that as a general rule of trade, if the artist does not leave a disclaimer of some sort, we should just go into "non-critique" mode as "default".

That way we don't accidentally offend the person if we do critique it.

#4   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:17 AM

I always try to leave some criticism. Even if its really amazing, I say its amazing, but I usually add a little something I think could have been done better on the end.

I saw at another forum... AWnet I think, that in their 'design' forum (equivelant of Artwork) they had 4 rankings that you were meant to put in your topic description, depending on how much crit you wanted. It worked pretty well, and you could go from "Its just for fun" to "Tear me apart please".

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:07 AM

So are we going for some sort of mod we want Max to implement to add a system like the one Wiflewood posted, or what?

#6   Mindpatch 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

At all the forums that I'm active at the people leave "C+C?", "critiques and comments?" at the end of the message when they need it. If they don't they just post something like, "Just for the fun of it."... If you need the rule this badly you can just do the same if you feel like it.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic