Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Fox Command Wifi goodness for the Nintendo DS

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

So, I haven't heard anyone talk about this yet. I'm hella starting this topic, because I'm a mad Star Fox Nut like that. Hellz ya.

Anyways, this was announced at E3 in case you didn't hear, it's 8 player Ad-hoc/download and 4 player online with 15 playable characters and 30 missions. Your enemy in the story mode is the Angler species that rose from Venom's acidic oceans and attacked Lylat. The Star Fox team has yet again split up, and they supposedly get back together over the course of the game in a branching mission series. It's all touch screen controlled, except for firing, which is done by pressing any "real" face or shoulder button( ABXYLR&D-Pad). It comes out August 28th, and it'll have rumble pack support from day 1.

I honestly can't wait, as this may be the first DS game that has in game voice chat( as that's how it works in single player for all Starfox games since 64, you get teammates talking to you over the intercom). Anyone else hyped?

PS. The website was supposed to go up today, but it didn't. And no, I won't use the Starfox Assault topic for this, I have to maintain the friends codes for this game, no?

#2   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

I'm a big StarFox fan too, and this game looks and sounds awesome! I've been following the creation of it since they announced it. If I get a DS this WILL be one of the games I buy and I can't wait to read the reviews! The multiplayer will be great. Tell us all about it Blink when you get the game!

#3   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

Same on this side of the North Pole. I can imagine a Fox + Krystal relationship. Splitting up every year and coming back during a mission to save each other's butts. :P

I saw the new Arwign Design. It's awesome how they modeled it after the flying style and appearance of the characters. I can't wait to get a DS lite and this game.

#4   Lemontime 

• Disciple
          • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, I guess it will be cool. I think Nintendo really messed up with the Star Fox's on the Gamecube.. They really were terrible. This is their chance to redeem themselves..

#5   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

I found Star Fox Assault to be good, but short. Advantures was more of an RPG since Nitnendo was looking for a video game to add Star Fox onto to become a near-launch Gamecube title.

#6   Blink 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

Adventures was done by Rare, Assault was done by Namco, and Command will be done by Q Games. They're supposedly wrapping up the Japanese version next week, then they're sending it off to be manufactured and launched in Japan for it's August 2nd Japan release, and the Aug 28th USA release will be translated and manufactured after that. Q games has had far more help from Nintendo than either Rare or Namco had, so it's hopefully going to be a lot better. Technically I guess, Nintendo didn't help in the design of either Starfox Adventures or Starfox Assault, so all we can blame them for is handing the project over to the wrong people, or not contributing at all in the making of those games.

I really do want to see an in-house Starfox game after this one. Do it your self, Nintendo! Oh, and Krystal does in fact "dedicate her life to Fox" according to Famitsu, but then mysteriously disappears.

#7   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

Couple of updates. This topic will REMAIN SPOILER FREE as of the time being, as spoilers totally suck. A week after release, I'll be willing to change that, but for right now, no spoilers.

So the missions to branch, and there are a ton of different endings, there's no one unified canon ending even, but rather, all kinds of different courses the endings take. It may end up that they all connect to eachother in a way, or they may be completely seperate, still not sure.

You have 15 characters you can play as...I won't give the list, because that's spoilers, but I will say that this is only for single player. Multiplayer, they have it balanced out( unlike Metroid Hunters) by having everyone flying the standard Arwing. 4 player Wifi, 6 player WLAN.

There's no voice acting, it's gibrish like it was in the SNES game, but two nifty things. It appears to work like Animalese in Animal Crossing( where they actually read it, just really fast) except it's not reading it as the letters you see, it's just making a noise for each letter, and so you can't tell what they're saying( even slowly) but there is a consistancy in that when they say "Do a barrel roll!" it will sound the same every time. Also, you can answer a series of questions using the mic, and have your OWN voice stuck in all garbled in place of Fox's, or whatever the current character is. Cool, huh?

#8   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:44 PM

I wouldn't imagine my voice in Fox's, but I think I'll handle it. I'll go for this game once I get a DS lite this Christmas.

I looked up the controls and watched a few videos. Star Fox Assault had Fox touching pads on his Arwing during the cinematics. I'm happy they added that perspective of things.

The way I see it, you can plot your allies' courses now. This means no more saving their butts due to careless flying. Now the enemies have to chase them.

#9   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

Sounds great. If only I had a DS... I don't care, I'll find an emulator and play this game on my PC! You see if I don't!

#10   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

Use of ROMS and Emulators are illegal if you do not own an actual copy of the game. Try not to talk about them here.

The Controls for Star Fox Command, as stated before, require the touch pad screen, mostly. The buttons activate the lasers, and the onscreen touch-pad buttons allow you to use bombs and do u-turns and loops. Barrel rolling is tapping the screen, if I can recall.

#11   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:14 PM

- EDITED -

Anyway, as far as I know there will be over 15 playable characters. I may be wrong though...

I told you not to discuss it. It is against forum rules. - MD

This post has been edited by Mars Djinni: 21 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

#12   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Aquamarine, if you call yourself a Starfox fan and pirate this game, you will lose every last bit of respect I ever had for you. These developers are working their asses off to get you the best Starfox game you could ever have, and to go and pirate it is the same as stealing the game out of a store. If you steal from the store, you're damaging the store's income, but if you steal directly from the developers, you're damaging THEIR income. That means they can't get paid as much, and eventaully, that means less video games from them in the future. They may get a portion of their team laid off because they can't afford making a Star Fox game if this one is so unprofitable because sales were so low.

In short, don't pirate. People don't really get it, but it directly influences a company's future more than one would think.

PS. MD, I hope it's okay to post antiROM stuff here, just since people really don't get it all too often...

#13   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

I think Star Fox development team might be happy to hear that, actually. It's a very innovative series, and a classing shooter game. Fox Mcloud is one of Nintendo's famous faces, so I don't think emulation does it any justice. It's Star Fox's first handheld, it deserves even a few dollars.

#14   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:21 PM

This game is great!

It's like a whole new style of SF64, packed into a DS cartridge, with FE strategy involved and tons of replayability. If you're a retro Star Fox fan, I highly suggest you pick this game up. LAN is grand, and Wifi's pretty fun too. It takes a few matches in single player to get used to single player, and a few in multiplayer to get used to multiplayer, but ultimately, it's all good.

8.8 in my book so far, and it'll only go up from there...

#15   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

This game is awesome indeed. I just can't figure out how to do plain Lan!
                                I only see the ability to do Download play and WiFi...

#16   musicman2059 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

It isn't too bad; definately a change from before, and definately worth the wait.

If you're on Wi-Fi, my FC is 578 402 475 924

#17   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

I'm deffinitely going to pick up a copy when it comes out here in Aus. Sep 21 I think. Unless someone wants to send me a copy..

#18   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

View PostBlink, on Aug 30 2006, 10:21 PM, said:

This game is great!

It's like a whole new style of SF64, packed into a DS cartridge, with FE strategy involved and tons of replayability. If you're a retro Star Fox fan, I highly suggest you pick this game up. LAN is grand, and Wifi's pretty fun too. It takes a few matches in single player to get used to single player, and a few in multiplayer to get used to multiplayer, but ultimately, it's all good.

8.8 in my book so far, and it'll only go up from there...

Aaah! I forgot it's out already. I'll get it for Chistmas like I said before. It's about time I had a new Star Fox game on my side.

#19   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:27 PM

Blue, just do recruitment with both the copies of Command, it works just like download play, only they'll recognize that they don't actually need to DOWNLOAD anything.

PS. My friends code is in the main topic for online games.

#20   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                          • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

My code: 679 118 035 012

#21   Kwesi 

• Knight
                                          • PipPip
                                            • Interests:Varsity Track and Field, Soccer, Maple Story, Chillin with my homies....etc.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

This game is great I got it on Sunday and I have almost beaten it. I haven't gone on Wifi yet cause I aint got wireless router at my house. I gotta go to a Mcdonalds or somethin. Its mad good everyone wit a DS should get it. I got a lite

#22   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

I've beaten 8/9 endings...

And I still recomend the game! Really, I just played 1v1 with a friend for the first time, multiplayer 1v1 can be a blast!

Page 1 of 1
                                              • You cannot start a new topic
                                              • You cannot reply to this topic