• You cannot reply to this topic

Deruta '07 Work In Progress

#1   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Auck.

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:29 PM

It seems Delta underwent some HEAVY changes. Now, I switch from editing, to custom work. Editing gets very tiresome, and usually messes tehs prite up a bit, so, I tried my hand at customs, and well...
    http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4015/07in0.png
    Delta for the year of 2007.

#2   Lemontime 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:06 PM

Looks great! If your display picture is moving. I feel I'm missing out on something seeing as my computer is ****ed in that way.

#3   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:46 AM

Well now, Isaac seems to have some new **** to pull out today. At 3:49 AM. If you ask why I'm cursing so often now adays, I'll give give the excuse of grumpiness.

Now, for the first. Tetra. Otherwise known as, Female Delta.

Yes, as I stated before, I think....>.> I said I'd sprite female Delta. I had to go through many trials before I finally settled on a decision. which is the third, on the right. Looks much hotter. >.>

Now, why is she wearing those clothes,you ask? Simple, really. Female Delta is the manifestation of all teh perverted thoughts I have tucked away in teh back of my head. They come loose often, for reason I cannot explain. so, I finally decided, to get these things out of my head, I said, I'm gonna sprite Female Delta! So, I went and tried; and asked 3 spriters I know, to help me out. I gave them the design specifications, and let them get to work. I'll give commendments and comments on these sprites now.

1st- By Ark/Spike spire
        Well, now; this one I was impressed with, it was nicely done, done to what I asked, colors were right and everything. Only the that struck me as odd, was the shading on the hair. Sure, it was good and all, but it looked odd to me in a way; the bac of the hair especially. Moreover, I give this: 8/10

2nd- By Sean Canavi
        You may not know Sean Canavi from anywhere, but he's a pretty damn good spriter to me. Now, this second sprite was a very nice try; done to what I asked, colors are... partially right. The black didn't exactly fit to my specifications, but at least he got the bewbs right. >.> Anyways, all that's good, as well as he tried to do it in MMX style, which really appeased me. Didn't think he'd do it so quickly, either. he said he couldn't do the hair in the back, so so stopped there.And if any of you dare say that Sean sucks at spriting, you better take those damned words back. Other than that, I give this: 7/10

3rd- By KenjuTE and Delta
        Now, THIS one, I was happy with. It had everything I asked for, correct colors, correct posture, everything I could have wanted for Femme Delta. BUT, there was one tiny technicality I had to gripe with: The skirt. It was supposed to be a bit... shorter than that. But, eh, what's done is done, and I'm happy with it. I rate this one: 9/10

And NOW, for the godsdamned sprites. Just wanted to give a little intro.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Daisagru/FemmeDeltaVersions2.png
        ROFL KINOS

Next up, would be, a sneak peek at Delta the Hedgehog 2008.
        http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Daisagru/Deruta%20za%20Hejjihoggu/DeltaTHs20072008.png

Things I see wrong:
        -Torso
        -Shading on legs
        -Arms
        -Height

Other than that, I still have the feet and other hand to do.

Now before I see any more complaints, I will make this very clear: Once I am done with the Delta the Hedgehog comic in 2007, I will move straight ahead onto 2008.

After that, would be Dustin's Pokemon Sheet.
        http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/797/dustinls5.png

Then, it appears to be the very person who created all of this stuff; Dustin. ME.
        http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Daisagru/Sprite%20Work/Dustin-SideViewBattle.png

That's all for now, Humans. See ya next time.

#4   PDM 

• Disciple
          • AKA lifeform288

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

Most of what I've seen here is lame. The second female delta, though, while simplistic, was nicely done.

#5   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, sure lifeform, and you think you can do any better?

#6   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:09 AM

Actually, he probably could. But thats not the point.

I also agree that the second female sprite looks good as well. With the other two, its hard to see the detail and shading when zoomed out, but the use of the lighter shades of grey on the second one, especially around the breasts.

As for the pokemon sheet; again, far too dark. If you look at official sprites for almost any game you'll see that they rarely use the colour black, or at least not at the darkness you've used it. The trainer backsprite doesn't look too bad though, but you can tell that its an edit. I also like the larger scale overworld trainer sprites, but the scaled down versions are too dark.

#7   PDM 

• Disciple
                • AKA lifeform288

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:22 PM

Isaac, I'd kick your ass at a spriting competition any day of the week. Without the internet, I've done nothing but 100% custom sprites and, I hate, well no, I love to toot my own horn, but, it shows.

#8   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

Yeah; whatever. All I came here to do was show my stuff, and have it be liked. But I see some people don't try to recognize effort.

#9   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:31 AM

Hes nots saying you didn't put effort in, hes saying its not up to his standards, and therefore he doesn't like it.

I'm saying that I like most of them, but I'm giving you some constructive criticism as well.

#10   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

HIS standards don't apply to me. I don't like being compared to other people that way.

#11   PDM 

• Disciple
                        • AKA lifeform288

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

Excuse me? So you're saying the only reason you're here is to post your sprites to people, and you're also saying that telling you we dislike your work is not allowed?

"Yeah, I'm here to try out for the football team."

*Two hours later*

"You didn't make the team."

"I don't care what you think! I'm only here to showoff my amazing football skillz and your opinion doesn't matter to me!"

I suppose because this is the internet and I'm not a voice of authority, my opinion is therefore nullified? Do me a favor; choke on your spit and die.

Do you think that MC Hammer was recognized for his effort? No. He sucked and that's all people cared about. I don't care if you sprite for 48 hours straight, if your sprite's a steaming pile of ****, I'm going to tell you.

Excuse the mess of words I'm trying to call a post, but I'm sure you'll, "recognize the effort," I put into it.

#12   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

View PostLifeform288, on Nov 16 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

Excuse me? So you're saying the only reason you're here is to post your sprites to people, and you're also saying that telling you we dislike your work is not allowed?

"Yeah, I'm here to try out for the football team."

*Two hours later*

"You didn't make the team."

"I don't care what you think! I'm only here to showoff my amazing football skillz and your opinion doesn't matter to me!"

I suppose because this is the internet and I'm not a voice of authority, my opinion is therefore nullified? Do me a favor; choke on your spit and die.

Do you think that MC Hammer was recognized for his effort? No. He sucked and that's all people cared about. I don't care if you sprite for 48 hours straight, if your sprite's a steaming pile of ****, I'm going to tell you.

Excuse the mess of words I'm trying to call a post, but I'm sure you'll, "recognize the effort," I put into it.

Uh huh. Right. I'm saying that your standards, however you wish to put them; don't apply to MY stadnards. Being compared to others in a rude and idiotic way; as how you have "politely" put it in your previous posts, is something that most people don't approve of. Well guess what? Here's what I have to say about your "comments".

1. The colors are supposed to be that dark. I intended them to be that dark.

2. I realize that the Pokemon sheet isn't how it is supposed to be in the games. You THINK I intend to put 'em in games? Not really.

3. All of what you've seen here in the past is lame, right? Well, my question is; why did you come to look in this topic anyway? Did you think a "worthy" spriter had coem to match your "calibur"? Pfft. I don't really care if you say my sprites are ****. Constructive critisizm would be nice. Not pieces of **** thrown at my face. And furthermore, have you shown any of YOUR spritework around here? And don't give me any stupid excuses like: "Oh, nah, this kid's gonna steal it and claim it for his own self."

Well guess what, pally? I DON'T DO THAT. I'm ****ing older than that and you know it.

You come here, you look at stuff. You type in your "opinion", saying that the sprites are total **** **** ****, and walk yourself out the door, right? Don't you have the common sense to bring constructive critisizm along with you before you think you have the right mind to say everything in this topic is ****? Huh?

No? I didn't think so.

#13   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                            • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

Wow.. He swore Seven times in that post. I can't wait to hear PDMs reply!

#14   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

This is pretty entertaining.....*pokes head out* I think your sprites are good, Isaac.

#15   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

Heh. I remember my spriting days.. Good times.. Good times.

#16   PDM 

• Disciple
                                  • AKA lifeform288

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

Perhaps, Isaac, they were meant to be dark sprites, but what I was telling you, and this is if I made a comment about their shade, I don't remember, that it would could possibly be nice if they were lighter, or at least, the three different shades of black not all look the ****ing same.

I don't really care whether you 'intended' to have them in the game, to be blunt, I find them insignificant. All I meant was that if you were going to show some sprite work, it should be your best, and that if you call that balls pokemon sheet something of your best, you should think about waiting a little longer before posting you 'art.'

I came to this topic expecting some nice sprite work by Isaac13, a member that I once respected. Instead, I found piddley pieces of crap, with some guy not wanting to admit the lack of skill he has. I like how you put worthy and calibur in quotation marks, as if I had said something of the sort in one of my previous posts, instead it made you look like a lame-oid retard. I agree, constructive criticism would be nice, but would be nicer is a person that could accept non-constructive cristicism for what it really is; a sign that maybe your junk isn't any good. Yeah, I have shown art around here, but it was from when I was almost as bad as yourself. I'll post some when I get internet back on the computer I have my sprites on.

"You're ****ing older than that?" Excuse me? I'm sorry, but your words don't seem to compute. Perhaps you meant you're beyond it? More mature than to act in such ways? Please, feel free to tell me what you meant, so that I can help you realize that neither of them are true.

Look here, "pally," there's a difference between having commen sense and having the urge to help a nub with his sprites by telling him how to improve. Common sense is posting sprites on a forum and expecting criticism, constructive criticism, and possibly compliments. Putting blinders on and saying, "My art is good because my mommy said so. If you don't agree, that means you're wrong and you must die," that's being a noob.

While I admit to not really having the right to keep argueing over such a retarded subject (because it's obvious that you suck.), you're, in reality, just being a baby that cannot face the real word.

#17   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:06 AM

Hah! I made a cool pixel thingy!

You're not allowed to post your work in other people's topics.

This post has been edited by Mars Djinni: 19 November 2006 - 11:07 AM

#18   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                      • AKA watch

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:00 AM

I don't know anything about sprites so anything is good for me.

What I really came to say is, stop fighting! It's the friggin internet.

Bloody hell, he posts his artwork and gets bagged.

PDM there is a reason you've been through so many accounts.

Now both of you shut up.

#19   PDM 

• Disciple
                                        • AKA lifeform288

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

I'm on my second account because I asked Max to ban my first one through MSN, because I wanted to not come back. I knew I couldn't keep away if I had the chance to come back. =( See? I came back because I could.

You need to shut up, because it doesn't concern you.

#20   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

View PostLifeform288, on Nov 18 2006, 04:15 PM, said:

Perhaps, Isaac, they were meant to be dark sprites, but what I was telling you, and this is if I made a comment about their shade, I don't remember, that it would could possibly be nice if they were lighter, or at least, the three different shades of black not all look the ****ing same.

I don't really care whether you 'intended' to have them in the game, to be blunt, I find them insignificant. All I meant was that if you were going to show some sprite work, it should be your best, and that if you call that balls pokemon sheet something of your best, you should think about waiting a little longer before posting you 'art.'

I came to this topic expecting some nice sprite work by Isaac13, a member that I once respected. Instead, I found piddley pieces of crap, with some guy not wanting to admit the lack of skill he has. I like how you put worthy and calibur in quotation marks, as if I had said something of the sort in one of my previous posts, instead it made you look like a lame-oid retard. I agree, constructive criticism would be nice, but would be nicer is a person that could accept non-constructive cristicism for what it really is; a sign that maybe your junk isn't any good. Yeah, I have shown art around here, but it was from when I was almost as bad as yourself. I'll post some when I get internet back on the computer I have my sprites on.

"You're ****ing older than that?" Excuse me? I'm sorry, but your words don't seem to compute. Perhaps you meant you're beyond it? More mature than to act in such ways? Please, feel free to tell me what you meant, so that I can help you realize that neither of them are true.

Look here, "pally," there's a difference between having commen sense and having the urge to help a nub with his sprites by telling him how to improve. Common sense is posting sprites on a forum and expecting criticism, constructive criticism, and possibly compliments. Putting blinders on and saying, "My art is good because my mommy said so. If you don't agree, that means you're wrong and you must die," that's being a noob.

While I admit to not really having the right to keep argueing over such a retarded subject (because it's obvious that you suck.), you're, in reality, just being a baby that cannot face the real word.

Huh. Funny, really. I don't remember saying anything near that this was my best. I do admit the Pokemon Sheet looks bland; I don't like the hair myself, either.

Sorry, but wouldn't saying that I suck count as being a flame? I came here to be nicely commended and criticized; not get shot down by some idiot who appears to have lost the ability to fairly judge people's work. I've recieved worse insults than this, actually. So what this is, is really just childsplay to what I've had to go through the past few years.

And... in reality? Me? A baby? Sure, keep thinking that; maybe in the past, I was. But right now? No. And I don't know if you meant to say 'world' or 'word', but I've faced alot. Too much for my own good, really.

And, on a different note, putting things behind me is my greatest weakness, so this'll be awfully difficult to throw out. Letting bygones be bygones is incredibly difficult for me, as well. But it seems I've managed to let go of the things that happened to me here, in the past.

Being a noob and being a member are really two different things; I've seen that on two other forums I go on; which I will not name. Being a noob is creating your own attrocious language and poorly taking ones work for themselves and claiming it. While being a member is...well...you already know. And if I were a noob, just as you seem to state; I'd pretty much know.

Anyways, I'm putting aside this pointless argument, and showing something else I've got. A little PA of Delta the Hedgehog. Whether it gets shot down or no by Lifeform, I'm gonna put it behind me; I've had more than enough of fights over this spriting subject.
                                          http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Daisagru/Sprite%20Work/DeltatheHedgehogPA.png
                                          And for those who don't know, a PA is a Pixel Art. >.>

Page 1 of 1
                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                          • You cannot reply to this topic