Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

When Will Wii Come Out

#1   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

When will the new Nintendo Wii System come out in Canada or in the United States.

#2   Blink 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Not the right forum, we have one here entitled "Other games" which fits your needs.

But, the answer is November 19th, for both I believe.

#3   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Well, depending on where you are. In Europe, it's on the 8th december, Japan 9th dec, and America, what Blink said. I dont know about other parts of the world/.

#4   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
        • PipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

Thanks guys,
          I have a few questions about wii.
          Can wii play gamecube games?
          And can gamecube controlers go into wii? and how many?
          And how will wii cost in Canada?

P.S.
          I am sorry for posting this topic in the wrong forum.

#5   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

Yes.
            Yes, 4.
            Dunno.

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

You know, all this info is in the Wii topic, but I guess you'd have to search for it. Doesn't matter.
              I think it will cost $250, but I'm probably wrong. It will also have the Wii conect 24 feature, you'll be able to store your Mii profiles in the Wiimote, you can surf the web if you buy the browser (unless you get a wii before june '07, then you get the Opera browser free), and it has two USB ports on the back.

Anything else?

#7   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
              • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

Can Wii play gamecube games?
                And can gamecube controlers be inserted into Wii?
                And How many?

#8   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

Wii can play GameCube games, yes.
                  4 GameCube controllers fit into the top slot of the Wii; this includes receivers for the WaveBird controllers.
                  Again, 4 controllers.

#9   Blink 

• Disciple
                    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

My apologies, into more detail:

The Wii releases in the United States November 19th (to be out before black Friday). It has built in wireless connections for controllers, internet, LAN (or in this case, WLAN/WAN) and online gaming (although online gaming will not begin until December, with the Pokemon game). If you do not have wireless, you may either purchase a wireless adapter for your PC and have the Wii connect through that, or have it use a USB to Ethernet adapter. Both will be available in time for the first online games.

The Wii plays Gamecube games on Gamecube disks, has four slots at the top of the console beneath a hidden flap for four controllers (either standard or Wavebird, both are confirmed to work, meaning anything with a similar plug will work as well), and has the ability to purchase and download virtual console titles. These are legally emulated games from the NES, SNES, N64, TurboGFX(?), and Sega Genesis. All virtual console games can be played with a Gamecube controller OR a virtual console controller shell for the Wii remote controller. Gamecube games on the other hand, will only work with Gamecube controllers, not with the Wii virtual console controller shell on the Wii remote controller.

Wii uses DVD disks for games, but cannot play standard DVD videos. A Japanese variation of the Wii will eventually be released that will allow for DVD video/movie playing, but no confirmation has been set for this, and no news of any other countries receiving it. The Wii takes four wireless Wii remotes, and each can have attachments added through a plug in the bottom of the controller.

Guhhhh brain-fart. I'll type up more later.

EDIT: Oh yeah, by the way, chances are high that the Wii will be released in Canada at the same time as in the United states IF Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, like the USA does. I don't know if Canada does support Thanksgiving as a holiday though, so, you'll have to tell me that. xD

EDIT2: This should help.

#10   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for your help.
                      It helped me a lot.

P.S.

I don't know if Canada does support Thanksgiving as a holiday though, so, you'll have to tell me that.

Canada does support Thanksgiving.
                      Thanksgiving in Canada happened weeks ago

#11   Toasty 

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:18 PM

Whoa, seriously?

Well using that calcualtor, if you got absolutely every item there, you'd need about $1900 if you bought it in the US. To get every game that I want, plus an extra Wiimote & nunchuck, I'd need $760. I got rid of a few games and dropped it around $550. But that's still kinda expensive. Mabey I should drop Red Steel.....

#12   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:52 PM

To be fair, you have to dish out a lot of cash at any console launch. Just consider this: you might be paying $500 for a Wii and controllers/games, but $500 would get you JUST the PS3 console, with nothing else.

#13   Toasty 

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, I know, but $500 is a lot of money I don't have, and a lot of money my parents won't be willing to spend.

#14   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

View PostMr.T, on Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM, said:

Yeah, I know, but $500 is a lot of money I don't have, and a lot of money my parents won't be willing to spend.

Yeah, I know too.
                              I was soposed to get a wii for Christmas but when I told my parants the price...They said only maybe! It seems to me I will be geting it!

#15   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

I have $434 saved up, which is about $1 more than I need in order to buy $400 worth of Wii stuff and pay the sales tax. I aim to get a $250 Wii, $50 Monkey Ball, $50 Zelda, and a $40 spare controller OR a $35 set of component cables. Possibly both in place of Zelda though, since I'll want the spare controller and spare cables in time for Thanksgiving dinner, I want to bring the Wii out to dinner to show my relatives where they're hosting the meal, and it's a pain to disconnect my default cables from my TV setup.

#16   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

Well,
                                  I plan to get a wii with gamecube controlers (2) and 3 gamecube games.

Can a gmecube memory card be inserted into wii ?

#17   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

Yes, it is compatible with GameCube memory cards. The memory cards for the Wii games are going to be, other than the internal flash memory of the system itself, are Secure Digital cards.

#18   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                    • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

View PostMars Djinni, on Nov 8 2006, 05:28 PM, said:

Yes, it is compatible with GameCube memory cards. The memory cards for the Wii games are going to be, other than the internal flash memory of the system itself, are Secure Digital cards.

How much gamecube memory cards cost in Canada?
                                      And can these Secure Digital cards for wii be used for saving gamecube game files?

#19   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:45 PM

I'm from Vancouver, and last time I checked (Picked up a 1019 memory card for my GC last year, actually) it cost around $24 at a SuperStore. Possibly a $19 for the regular ones.

#20   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                        • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

View PostMars Djinni, on Nov 8 2006, 05:59 PM, said:

I'm from Vancouver, and last time I checked (Picked up a 1019 memory card for my GC last year, actually) it cost around $24 at a SuperStore. Possibly a $19 for the regular ones.

Thanks For Your Help Mars Djinni! :)

#21   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:28 PM

Don't forget though The Wind Seer ( :) ), the Nintendo Wii comes with 512mb of storage built in (the equivalent of a 512 memory card I think, twice the size of the Gamecube's standard: 256) so you might not need to buy any memory cards!

#22   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

I thought the Australia release date was Dec 7th :S. That can't be right if everyone else is getting it after the 8th.

#23   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

http://star.walagata.com/w/sibsag/bart.gif
                                                Njoi.
                                                Sorry. This post was just begging for it =]

#24   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

I was right, Aussie release date is December 7. That's very unusual, clearly Nintendo Australia is doing their job for a change xD

#25   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                    • AKA watch

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

How so? Don't the States get a November realease?

#26   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                      • Location:Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

And can these Secure Digital cards for wii be used for saving gamecube game files?

#27   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:20 PM

I do not know, but I would assume so. It shouldn't be a problem though, the built in Wii memory should be more than enough.

#28   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

Blink, that internal memory is also used for VC games, and you'd only be able to fit 8 (or mabey 16, don't remember their size) N64 games in it without memory from other games. If you plan on getting VC games, plan on getting more strage space. I know you could plug an external hard drive up to it via USB, and I thought I read somewhere that GC memory cards would work for Wii games as well.

#29   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 04-November 06

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

GameCube memory cards can be put in it. But can we save Gamecube profiles on the wii memory cards?

#30   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 23-January 05

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

Yes, I am sure that you can. That is what TheWindSeer has been trying to emphasize, Mr. T. He wants to use Gamecube games on the Wii. The built in memory will be plenty if you are buying three Gamecube games for the Wii, even animal crossing! The Wii also has more than enough memory built in for virtual console games, since you can delete and redownload any games you already purchased for free.

#31   Toasty 

• Joined: 04-April 06
                                                                • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

The thing is, is that if you plan on buying a lot of VC games, because of the fact that you're downloading the whole game, and not just saving a file, it will take up a lot of your memory. That's why I'm gald that you can use an external hard drive.

#32   Legendary Dragon of Golden Sun 

• Squire
                                                                • Pip
                                                                  • Joined: 05-November 06
                                                                  • Location:Perth, Western Australia
                                                                  • Interests:Dinosaurs, Dragons, the Halo Series, Golden Sun series and many more things!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

My friends saw the wii at a shopping forum downtown and said it ruled!

#33   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 364
                                                                    • Joined: 04-November 06

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:36 PM

Well, I better wait untill the prices drop! Can you guys tell me when the prices drop?

#34   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 9,159
                                                                      • Joined: 06-April 05
                                                                      • Gender:Male
                                                                      • AKA Me111

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:42 PM

I don't think anyone knows yet Wind Seer. It won't be for awhile yet though.

#35   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 4,002
                                                                        • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                        • Location:Somewhere in Europe
                                                                        • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

The 360's price has dropped. So if you're interested in that.

#36   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                          • Posts: 6,607
                                                                          • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                          • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

The Wii has launched, and this topic has served its purpose.

[Topic Closed]

Page 1 of 1
                                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                          • This topic is locked