Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Edge's Nintendo Wii Division For the Wii owners interested in joining a clan.

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

As many of you are probably aware by now I run a clan/guild (was recently our second birthday) called EDGE UK. We have planned for many months and decided that we want to expand EUK into a multi-platform clan in the hopes of making our community grow three-fold and ensure that we become on of the UK’s biggest console gaming clans.

By expanding I of course mean the Nintendo Wii (and soon to come PS3) divisions as we finally open our arms to a bigger user base and a community which will be far more diverse in how they think and play. As a forum I have been registered on for a long time I want to begin finding promising members here before I ask anywhere else. As the Wii division is still brand spanking new we haven’t given it a team or appointed a team captain for it, we were considering nicknaming the division ‘WiiTards’ just because it’s amusing and shows that we take our gaming as seriously as our name, not very serious at all.

So if you have any suggestions as a Wii owner on what steps we should take to make our new Wii division as great as our current Xbox 360 division then please let me know here, also if you’re interested in enlisting then once again please post here or PM me. Max has told me that I can’t post my website link directly but feel free to simply click my signature to be taken to the EUK website.

So please, tell any of your friends who are interested that we are looking for promising members. EUK doesn’t care about how skilled you are, we will help you become skilled, what matters to us is your attitude and activity. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and as a message to the moderators – Max has allowed me to post this.

Also, look out for the upcoming podcast series we’re launching and our comic too.

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

I'll subscribe to the podcast for sure, but too be a part of the clan... you must be from the UK right?

#3   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

View PostEugine, on Mar 6 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

I'll subscribe to the podcast for sure, but too be a part of the clan... you must be from the UK right?

Not for the Wii division, I'm currently in discussion with my community to look at the big picture and allow members of any country to join us as long as they are enthusiastic and active. We may even split divisions into EDGE UK and EDGE US if the clan gets too big for its own good. Right now the most important thing is getting a solid and dependable group of members for our Wii division, your timezone is the least of my worries. :)

PS. The podcast is going to rock, and anyone with a microphone will be taking part. ;)

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

If Super Smash Bros. Brawl has online capabilities (which it probably will), that'd be the first game I'd include. I'll join once Nintendo has a good online game I'm interested in. I'd probably get a 360 for Halo 3 when it comes out, but I don't have the cash. So Wii it is.

#5   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:23 AM

View PostMr.T, on Mar 6 2007, 08:12 AM, said:

If Super Smash Bros. Brawl has online capabilities (which it probably will), that'd be the first game I'd include. I'll join once Nintendo has a good online game I'm interested in. I'd probably get a 360 for Halo 3 when it comes out, but I don't have the cash. So Wii it is.

Well from what I've heard SSBB will have online and it's a game many clans are planning to adopt. I don't know if Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is going to have online multiplayer but if it does that will be the clan game on the Nintendo Wii in my opinion.

#6   Toasty 

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:31 AM

Probably becasue it's about as close Nintendo has gotten to a true FPS that didn't suck. But if it does have online, it'll definately be a good clan game, though SSBB will too. The two games are kind of hard to compare though, since they're so different.

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:54 AM

View PostMr.T, on Mar 6 2007, 08:31 AM, said:

Probably becasue it's about as close Nintendo has gotten to a true FPS that didn't suck. But if it does have online, it'll definately be a good clan game, though SSBB will too. The two games are kind of hard to compare though, since they're so different.

I think SSBB is a definite clan game for our Wii division, and if MP3 is online that will be one too. The problem for the Wii division right now is that we have no members to kick it off, that's why I need people like you to sign up and help me get it started.

I remember two years ago when I had to find find my first members for EUK, I thought my forum would never be active but I was wrong. A few days later I got some loyal new members who helped me shape EUK into what it is today, and I will repeat that this time around too, all I need are those loyal Wii gamers who are looking to further their gaming experience by playing as a team with us.

#8   Toasty 

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

My birthday's comming up soon, so I hope to have a Wii sometime after that. Whether it's through my own cash or not. The good online games should come shrotly thereafter. That's not to say I havn't played a Wii though. I'd be gald to join once I get one in my own house.

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

View PostMr.T, on Mar 6 2007, 09:30 AM, said:

My birthday's comming up soon, so I hope to have a Wii sometime after that. Whether it's through my own cash or not. The good online games should come shrotly thereafter. That's not to say I havn't played a Wii though. I'd be gald to join once I get one in my own house.

That's good news, we may not have any members for the Wii division yet but at least we have one for the future, that's better than nothing right now I guess. It's going to be great fun bringing some Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft players into our podcast and allowing them to debate on various news and games from their perspectives, I hope you guys enjoy the podcast when we finish creating the first episode. Also a new comic will be online in a few days, Xiros is just being lazy lately. :(

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

That sounds great, congratulations on making Edge UK so successful, Nemphtis.

I will be getting my Wii probably in June or July. I may decide to join your clan when I get SSBB, and other game that'll be online. Will by chance Battalion Wars 2 be a clan game? It'll have online multiplayer, and I'm almost certainly getting it for that very reason.

The makers of Corruption first stated that it will have no multiplayer, but then a few months later said that it might have some kind of online multi, but not in the same way as Echoes. So I'm not going to count on Metroid Prime 3 having multiplayer that will be good for your clan.

Also, ‘WiiTards’ is great! Go with that.

#11   Toasty 

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

I checked out edge.uk, and might I say it looks professionally done.

As for BW2, I think it'd make a great clan game. It's just so perfectly suited for that kind of thing.

#12   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, BWii will have many modes of online multiplayer. It will have capture the flag, then one guy defending his base while another attacks and of course just plain old destroying each other and more that I can't remember at the moment.

#13   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Mar 6 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

I will be getting my Wii probably in June or July. I may decide to join your clan when I get SSBB, and other game that'll be online. Will by chance Battalion Wars 2 be a clan game? It'll have online multiplayer, and I'm almost certainly getting it for that very reason.

Hmmm, Batallion Wars 2 seems like the perfect clan game to go with SSBB. Since you say MP3 won't be the same when it comes to the multiplayer aspect I think we can switch it over with BW2 when that's out. You may not have your Wii yet, but you could give yourself a head start by introducing yourself at EUK soon because sometimes it can take some time to get accepted. Just as a foot note it has taken Xiros six months to get accepted and he is still on trial. But yeah, he's basically a worse case scenario so don't worry, haha.

View PostMr.T, on Mar 6 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

I checked out your website, and might I say it looks professionally done.

We're working hard to create content which keeps our members and other visitors constantly checking back for updates, that is why we have things like the comic and podcast. I'm also confident that once our community grows thanks to this expansion we will have a lot more user-submitted content on our website such as gameplay videos, pre-made avatars/banners and articles. Also we may consider creating a small database where members can look up each others Gamertag/Friend Code/Network ID for each format.

#14   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

Well, I would like to join now, but I don't really have the time to spend on more than one forum. And I'm not leaving GSSF any time soon, that's for sure. I'm not completely certain I'll join your clan in the end, because of the reasons I mentioned above. I will try to join when I get the chance though.

Your site is really good. Just as Toasty said, very proffesional. It's obvious you want Edge to become one of the biggest and best clans, which is great.

#15   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Mar 6 2007, 06:13 PM, said:

Well, I would like to join now, but I don't really have the time to spend on more than one forum. And I'm not leaving GSSF any time soon, that's for sure. I'm not completely certain I'll join your clan in the end, because of the reasons I mentioned above. I will try to join when I get the chance though.

Your site is really good. Just as Toasty said, very proffesional. It's obvious you want Edge to become one of the biggest and best clans, which is great.

I wouldn't want anyone to actually leave GSSF to join my community as that would make me feel a little guilty, but I myself visit six forums on a daily basis and this does not include the 20+ clan forums I have to keep in regular contact with to ensure clan relations are kept friendly between our rivals. I still find time for video games, my job and education as well of course. It's not too hard to spend an extra fifteen minutes of your day to post a few threads on another forum. :(

#16   Toasty 

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

I'm a member on a few other forums, though I don't really visit them often. I have the time, they just aren't that interesting.

[EDIT] I joined your forums Anubis. ;D

#17   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

View PostNemphtis, on Mar 7 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

I wouldn't want anyone to actually leave GSSF to join my community as that would make me feel a little guilty, but I myself visit six forums on a daily basis and this does not include the 20+ clan forums I have to keep in regular contact with to ensure clan relations are kept friendly between our rivals. I still find time for video games, my job and education as well of course. It's not too hard to spend an extra fifteen minutes of your day to post a few threads on another forum. :(

That's not really the only reason. I also don't want to spend more time in front of my PC, especially on the internet since I have dial-up and it's really slow, so I often get pissed off by it. When I get the chance I will join, but I can't yet. Sorry about that.

#18   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostAquamarine, on Mar 7 2007, 12:27 PM, said:

That's not really the only reason. I also don't want to spend more time in front of my PC, especially on the internet since I have dial-up and it's really slow, so I often get pissed off by it. When I get the chance I will join, but I can't yet. Sorry about that.

Dial-up, they still have that available? Ouch.

#19   Toasty 

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

That'll kill you in online gameing Aqua. If you're going to get Brawl (which I'm sure you are) and you wan't to play online, the lag is going to be pretty hard on you.

#20   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

I know that, I'll be getting something better when I get a Wii.

#21   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:21 AM

We've got fiber-optic internet. Basically, the signal is sent through fiber optic cable to a box on the side of our house, and the box converts it into electrical pulses which are sent on a standard ethernet cable. It's the fastest thing out there, but it's slow on our PC because our computer is so old. The fiber-optic service here is pretty cheap too. Costs about the same as a standard highspeed connection ($25 a month).

#22   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                              • Group: Moderator
                                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

View PostNemphtis, on Mar 5 2007, 11:23 PM, said:

Well from what I've heard SSBB will have online and it's a game many clans are planning to adopt. I don't know if Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is going to have online multiplayer but if it does that will be the clan game on the Nintendo Wii in my opinion.
                                              Going a bit off-topic but, if the online is anything like MPH they need to fix some balancing. All of the Hunter's abilities are so diverse that some hunters have so much of a strategic advantage at times it's insane and frustrating. Samus's homing missiles are overpowered in open areas, Spire and Noxus are overpowered in close quarters, Weavel's alt-form is just annoying at any time, Sylux with a shock-coil is just dumb (a weapon that homes AND replenishes health??). The only guy who is balanced well enough is Kanden, his alt-form is a little annoying with it's homing projectiles but it doesn't do too much damage, and his special weapon is powerful and homes, but it's slow and effective at dis-orienting snipers.

#23   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

... Did you read my posts? They said the online will not be like that, if there is any online play. Though I would so like them to release a Hunters for Wii.

#24   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                  • Group: Moderator
                                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

Your posts are generally uninformative so I skipped them. :D

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic