Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Golden Sun: The Rivalry Of War ...

#1   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Chewing devil gum, RPG's, board games, hacksawing people in half, eating cold body parts, creating gigantic monsters, and many, many more.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

Ok, thank you for locking my topic, whoever did. I'll try again now with a better one.

Prolouge
    Felix was sitting at Gondowan Cliffs' rope. Since his adventures lighting the Lighthouses, he had grown very powerful. He sighed. Those were good days. As he sat on the rope, he pondered greatly about how close to death he was, how many times, and how many times he almost sentenced his friends to death.
    Again, he sighed. This wasn't the time to think about that.
    He often worried about his friends' safety. Whenever he almost got them killed, he felt like killing himself.
    Suddenly, he sensed Psyenergy and spun around. "Sheba!" he exclaimed.
    "You felt like killing yourself a lot, huh?" she asked. "Yeah, I guess," Felix said. Sheba made a "tsk-tsk."
    "Don't feel that way. Those decisions helped us in the end.
    "Remember the Avimander? Your decision to fight got Briggs' grandmother to forge us the Trident."
    "But you almost got killed, Jenna was knocked unconcious, and Piers is STILL licking his wounds."
    "So? We still won."
    "Barely."
    This went on a while until Felix and Sheba set off to find the others. All of them would need to fight....

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

This is almost making sense. Keep it up!

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

Lots of sighing and somehow you made suicide funny, but keep going!

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:14 AM

I don't think Alex is trying to make this fic funny, but you're right SoT. It is funny.

Keep it up, I'm interested in seeing what you can do.

#5   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
          • PipPipPip
            • Interests:Chewing devil gum, RPG's, board games, hacksawing people in half, eating cold body parts, creating gigantic monsters, and many, many more.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

Ok, here's Chapter 1.

Chapter 1
            Felix and Sheba went to the Mars Lighthouse, because they had agreed Jenna would most likely be there. She was not there, but she had left a note. It said, "Felix, if you're looking for me, I'm in Lemuria negotiating the Psyenergy Ban with King Hydros. Be back. -Jenna"
            Sheba observed the note. "This isn't like her. This isn't her handwritng, it was written much too quickly, and she never leaves notes just lying around. She'd put it in a half-decent place to find it. Karst is picking up all paper she sees- why, I don't know."
            "Probably a strategy by Karst to capture us," Felix suggested.
            Sheba shook her head. "This is Piers' handwriting."
            Felix glanced at the note. "No, Piers doesn't impersonate; he must've been mind-controlled," he said.
            "By what? Psyenergy's banned right now."
            "As if Karst and Agatio would follow that rule. Or maybe that's what caused the ban."
            "Or by an item." Sheba glanced again at the note. "It doesn't even have a date on it."
            "We can't tell then, huh? It could've been before the ban. It looks old."
            "What's up?" a voice asked.
            Felix jumped. "Jenna!"
            "Yeah, it's me. I've got some good news."
            "What?"
            "I got us Psyliscenses. We can use Psyenergy."
            "How long do they last?"
            "They need to be renewed in one month. I got a spare for Piers."
            "So you WERE in Lemuria," Sheba said.
            Jenna laughed. "Don't be a dope. The spare is with me."
            "Oh."
            "Did you write this?" Felix asked, handing her the note.
            Jenna read it and mumbled the words to herself. "When was this written?"
            "She hasn't seen it," Sheba said to Felix.
            "So? SHE could've been mind-controlled. That means nothing."
            "I say trust her."
            Suddenly they heard a noise behind them....

#6   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

It's progressing ok, but I'm a little unclear on when in the storyline this takes place. I was pretty sure it was post-Alchemy from the prologue, but now I see that Agatio and Karst are still alive...

#7   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

Why would they think that Jenna would be at Mars Lighthouse? And how could they just find a note in that huge building?
                Never mind, it's much better than your other fic. Keep it up.

#8   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

I laughed because that series of events would have taken six chapters, six long chapters in my fanfic.

Still better than your other one, at least this one makes sense.

#9   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Ok, here's Chapter 2:

Chapter 2
                    They all whirled around. "Karst!" Jenna yelled in anger.
                    "Ha! You've really grown to hate me after all this, Jenna, haven't you?"
                    "We all have. You're an idiot."
                    "Insult Menardi's sister, will you?!?" she hissed, casting Cycle Beam.
                    "YIKES!!" "Whoa!" "Owch!"
                    Karst disappeared, taking the note with her. "What was THAT about?" Felix asked.
                    "I don't know, but it can't be good," Jenna said.
                    "We should split up," Felix said. "We'll each go a seperate way, looking for Isaac, Garet, Mia, Ivan, and Piers. We'll meet in Osenia, near Madra Drawbridge. Got it?"
                    "Yep!" Sheba and Jenna said simultaneously.
                    As each went their own way, Felix was thinking, I hope Piers is okay. He puts courage before caution nowadays.
                    Jenna thought, I'm really worried about Isaac. I have to find him.
                    Sheba thought, I might as well look in Contigo for Ivan first.
                    They ran on their ways, and each moved about an equal rate. Sheba was the first to reach her destination, and she looked for Ivan. Jenna went to Vale to look for Isaac, and Felix went to Lemuria to make sure Piers was okay. Felix found Piers talking to King Hydros. Sheba found Ivan after leaving Contigo on the way to the Shaman Villiage. Jenna found Isaac, who said he was going to check on the others. Then Felix found Garet and Mia, and they met at Madra Drawbridge, just as planned. They started to plan....

#10   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Ehh, was there really anybody to plan against? Maybe Felix is pretending plot against the rightfully dead Karst while in fact planning to bump off Isaac and take complete control of Weyward. And after that, he'll rebel against God and go worship the Gombomba statue. Then he'll grow disillusioned with the statue and start his own religion that lives only on mad vermin.

#11   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                      • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

Flaming Duck, you are wrong, wrong, WRONG. Sounds like something you'd put in yours. And if you'd been paying attention, Karst is alive.
                        Here's Chapter 3:

Chapter 3
                        "I suggest we meet Karst and Agatio where they're hiding, fight them all-out, and save Weyard," Garet said.
                        Felix shook his head. "Way too reckless. We can't just waltz in."
                        "We should split up into groups of four, and attack them from both sides. It's 4 against 1- on both sides. I doubt they'll try to help each other," Piers offered.
                        Felix shook his head again. "Closer, though."
                        "I think we should spy on them, one at a time. We can report what we see to you, Felix, and if just one of us dies, it's way better than all 8. But NO PSYENERGY!" That was Isaac.
                        Felix brightened. "Great idea!" he exclaimed. "We can find out their weak points that way."
                        Jenna lit up, too. "Great! We can do it!"
                        Suddenly...
                        CLATTA-CLATTA BANG BAM BAM!
                        "What the-"
                        A ghost appeared behind them. "Hello, I am the ghost messenger. It's from Karst."
                        The ghost gave them a slip of paper and disappeared. The note said:

You thought I was dead, didn't you, fool? Well, guess again! I did die, but your former friend Alex revived us-Agatio and I. I'm coming to kill you at midnight, and I WILL FIND YOU!!!
                        -Karst

"That rotten weasel! It's a threat letter!"
                        "We can't just wait and die. We don't have 'til midnight to start spying. We should start now, as a matter of fact."
                        "I'll go," said Felix, using Teleport. In a second he had disappeared....

#12   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

Glad that you finally explained away that whole Karst being alive thing. And aren't Agatio and Karst technically good guys? I mean, they were just trying to save the world you know.

#13   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

I still like mine better.

#14   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                              • AKA Darksword

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

Isaac's suggestion was oddly specific too..

Man Weyard sure is in danger alot theses days

#15   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                              • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

Here's Chapter 4:

Chapter 4
                                Felix spied on Karst and Agatio, filing information in his mind.
                                They haven't noticed me yet, he thought. Let's see how long it will stay that way.
                                Felix continued spying, and he did so for a long while. Then his spy shift was over, and he Teleported back.
                                "I have seen many things you must know," he said. "Karst needs to go to some kind of altar to stay revived. It's near Mars Lighthouse, and it seems to have been biult for that purpose only."
                                "Interesting," Isaac said. If they could stop Karst and Agatio from getting to that altar...
                                Garet jumped twice. "Well, what are we waiting for?!?" he yelled. Piers was taking notes on a piece of parchment.
                                "Next, it's my turn. We ca- :smile: " Isaac said.
                                "What is it?" Piers said.
                                Felix is pretty quiet, he thought. Is there nothing else to say, or does he not have the heart to tell us?
                                "So if we can defeat them as they have to go to the altar, all of Weyard's troubles will be gone!" Isaac exclaimed.
                                "But how will we do it if Karst and Agatio are expecting an attack? We know they will be," Felix pointed out.
                                "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm." Isaac thought a while about this.
                                "We might have to get them from a direction they won't expect," he said....

#16   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

its going pretty quick. still staying with it though. *picks up warning tone* dont stop right in the middle and never pick it up again or ill spam you till the end of our days. any way, keep going, its shaping up a bit

#17   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                  • PipPipPip
                                    • Location:I'm the evil monkey in your closet.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

Relax, it's gonna be at least 20 chapters.

#18   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

Sounds epic.....

#19   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:37 AM

i hope this doesnt count as reiving, but i just came back here to see if this was still being worked on. guess not though

#20   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                        • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

Oh, don't be silly. I'm going to write a new chapter now.
                                          Chapter 5
                                          "So we're going to recklessly fly in our boat, recklessly fly over their heads, recklessly jump out of the boat, and recklessly land right in front of them?" Jenna asked.
                                          Isaac nodded. "Pretty much."
                                          "I like it."
                                          Everybody laughed.
                                          Felix was the first to get serious. "Well, we need to get stronger. They probably got more power from the revival. So we MUST- and I mean MUST- get much stronger."
                                          "Well, we don't even know if that will work. See, what if their 'zombie' forms get stronger with each passing minute?" Isaac wondered.
                                          "Then we have to pass them," Felix said. He looked at Jenna, smiling. "Recklessly," he added.
                                          "Oooooohh.......... That means-" Sheba brightened.
                                          Piers looked at Sheba. "Yeah, I think he means Pheonix Tower."
                                          "I do," Felix said, nodding.
                                          They hopped in their boat. They flew to Pheonix Tower.
                                          While they were going, they had a conversation.
                                          "So how will this help again?" Jenna asked.
                                          "Jenna, every time we fought one we got a level-up."
                                          "Oh yeah."
                                          They were at Pheonix Tower....

#21   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                            • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

I don't know as it quite counts as a chapter, but they're all pretty short and it fits the motif. Keep 'em coming I suppose.

#22   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                              • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.
                                              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

This whole thing is confusing. D:

#23   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                              • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

^It'll clear up. <New chapter :)
                                                Chapter 6
                                                "Hey, it looks different around here..." Piers observed.
                                                "No kidding. That wasn't there before," Felix said, pointing to a spire the size of forty stacked pheonixes.
                                                "Grind!!!" Isaac said. The spire caved in on itself, leaving sand behind.
                                                "Nice job, Isaac. Let's go in."
                                                ":P" Jenna looked away at something.
                                                "What is it Jenna?" Piers asked.
                                                ":(...you don't know? It's Valukar."
                                                ":P" Everyone but Jenna gaped at their old enemy.
                                                <:)...Surprised? I was revived by Alex too!>
                                                "Ok then..." Piers stood wide-eyed.
                                                "Who knew the scoundrel had that much power!!!" Kraden yelled.
                                                "Kraden!!" everybody jumped.
                                                Kraden smiled. "Has there ever been a journey I didn't accompany you in?"
                                                "Well, no..." Felix admitted sheepishly.
                                                <Fools! I summon Meteor!>
                                                <Hey, I feel weak...> Char said.
                                                <Me too,> said Curona.
                                                Fury managed a, <My power...>
                                                <Ungaaaah!> said Cannon.
                                                "Hey! Those were mine to summon, idiot!" Garet screamed.
                                                <Oh yeah?>
                                                "I summon Catastrophe!!!!!!" Jenna and Sheba yelled.
                                                KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                <Ouch! Fools! I summon Judgement!>
                                                They all charged into battle....

#24   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                                • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

HELLO? ANYONE THERE? I'M WAITING. :P

#25   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                    • AKA Me111

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

You're free to post a new chapter when you want.

#26   Ironsight 

• Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                      • AKA Darksword

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

View PostMr.T, on Apr 21 2007, 08:03 PM, said:

This whole thing is confusing. D:

#27   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                                      • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

Chapter 7
                                                        "You're gonna die!" Jenna yelled.
                                                        <Oh really? I think you will!>
                                                        "IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" everyone yelled at once.
                                                        <NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!>
                                                        Valukar vanished.
                                                        "O.........k."
                                                        "That was wierd."
                                                        "Yep."
                                                        "Crazy!"
                                                        "Wow."
                                                        "We sure don't need Coatlicue after this, that's for sure."
                                                        "I know."
                                                        Everyone exchanged glances.
                                                        "OK, we'd better leave. Who knows what's gonna happen...?"

End of chapter

Note: Chapter 8 takes place 15 years later.

#28   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                                        • PipPipPip
                                                          • Joined: 27-October 06

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Ok, not 2 sound mean, but why doesn't anyone post here anymore???
                                                          Anyway,
                                                          CHAPTER 8

15 years have passed.
                                                          Eoleo woke up to the sound of a Druj. He looked out, mumbled something, went outside, and struck. The Druj fell instantly, twitching. He went back inside. He saw his 3-year-old brother Briggs Jr glued to his rattle and toy soldiers. Briggs Jr wasn't exactly a pest but he wasn't perfect either. He decided to meet his friends at Gondowan Cliffs. They all gathered and talked.
                                                          "Well, a play would be a nice touch to that," said Perry, Piers' and Mia's son. He was kind but clumsy, and broke things whenever he stumbled.
                                                          "I guess. But it would be hard to get the props," said Jenny. She was the daughter of Isaac and Jenna. She was bright and had a lot of good points, but sometimes had the temper of a Chaos Dwarf.
                                                          "Are you kidding???" That was Karen, daughter of Sheba and Ivan. She usually spoke 3 words or less in a sentence, and minded more her surroundings. She examined everything she found.
                                                          "Yeah Jenny, be serious!" said Eoleo, who as you all know, is the son of Briggs and Chaucha. But at 18 years of age, he was very strong. He was very kind unless angry. He was the very first of the 4 "Destiny Adepts," who learn Psyenergy at a very young age and eventually are converted from their element, accordind to the prophecy.
                                                          They all went to gather real props. Karen took the longest, for she examined everything she picked up.
                                                          When they had gathered these props, they found Perry had only found 4 canisters.
                                                          "Hey! We can't use canisters for the play!"
                                                          "Oh. Sorry," Perry said, dropping them. They cracked open. The powers were sucked out of them and they fell. They felt new powers seeping inside them.
                                                          The prophecy has been fulfilled...

#29   Alex the Adept 

• Gallant
                                                          • PipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 27-October 06

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

OK sorry if this counts as reviving.
                                                            PEOPLE BESIDES ME BETTER POST OR I'LL STOP WRITING!!!!!!!

Chapter 9

"PERRY, YOU SENSELESS NUMBNUTS!" said all three of Perry's companions.
                                                            "Hey, I didn't know! If I did, I would've thrown 'em into the lake!" Perry protested.
                                                            "Puh. Should've done that anyway." Eoleo was standing with his back to Perry, and Karen tried to blow Perry into the lake.
                                                            "'Puh'?"
                                                            "Why not? It's not like it's a crime to use words that don't exist."
                                                            Meanwhile, in the caves of Champa, Briggs Jr. charged around teetering and tottering. He was waving a wooden sword at anyone who approached, saying "Boo!" every time. He then approached Briggs, his father- and swung at him playfully. Instead of "Boo" though, he said "Boo, daddy." Briggs picked him up and lifted him to the ceiling, saying, "You're already learning how to fight?"
                                                            Then, Briggs' grandmother said she would forge Briggs Jr. a dagger that would be better than any bokuto he would ever find, unless aided with properties of Psyenergy.
                                                            Briggs Jr. happily nodded his approval. Briggs Jr. happily toddled into the smithy. Fifty minutes later, Briggs Jr. was happily showing Briggs his new weapon.
                                                            Meanwhile, at the cliffs...

Page 1 of 1
                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic