• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Geneva Motor Show 'Green Cars'

#1   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

Well, when I opened up my browser, I noticed an article at MSN home about the Geneva Motor Show. One of the "green cars" had an astounding output of 1050 horsepower, and all that coming from an E85 high-octane car that ways less than a Mini Cooper. Introducing, the Koenigsegg CCXR

Koenigsegg CCXR

An unexpected choice perhaps, but an indication of what’s possible even in one of the world's fastest cars. Swedish company Koenigsegg created an E85-powered version of their CCXR (CCX pictured) that runs on 100-octane biofuel. Thanks partly to the fuel's higher octane rating, an unexpected side effect was a 25% increase in power, far more than expected, and something their customers weren’t exactly disappointed about. The CCXR E85 has a massive 1,050 horsepower and 800 lb-ft (1086 Nm) of torque. That’s more power than the Bugatti Veyron in a car that weighs less than a MINI. This is the kind of environmentalism we could get used to.

Direct qoute from article.

#2   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

I really like the Benz, but I'm still wondering how much that would cost if it were put in production. Theres no doubt it would cost a little more than a regular one.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic