• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Muse Fantastic British Band =)

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

I only discovered Muse about a month or so ago, but they've become already my favorite band (perhaps ever).

I love Michael Bellamy's vocals... it might take a while to get used to (some of the lyrics are difficult to make out), but you realize just how good they are over time.

Among their top songs, in my opinion: Time Is Running Out (Album: Absolution), Starlight, Exo-Politics, City of Delusion (Album: Black Holes and Revelations), Bliss, Plug In Baby (Origin of Symmetry).

Of course, there's so much more I could say about this band. But for now, I'll just ask - who else listens to Muse, and how do you like them? :P

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

I listen the Muse myself. Not a band I'll listen daily though.

Thinking of it, the only songs I know from them are Starlight and Knights of Cydonia.

#3   Neon 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:13 AM

Muse are pretty awesome, I also love the vocalist, probably the best part of the band.

imo, Absolution is their best album. The best songs being Butterflys And Hurricanes, Apocalypse Please, City of Delusion, and Muscle Museum :P. I doubt my opinion is shared among most others lol.
        Also, I can't stand Starlight...

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, Starlight is definitely one of their more mainstream songs, but it's done fairly well.

I'd say to get the best "feel" for Muse, start off with "Time Is Running Out" off of Absolution (which I agree is their best album).

#5   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

I sorta like Starlight, more the piano than the vocals. I might check some of their other stuff out if I have time/money.

#6   Caael 

• Master Adept
              • Group: Veterans
              • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

Oh I cannot stand Muse. It pains my ears to listen to them. Then again, it pains my ears to listen to most Indie rock. With the exception of Mr. Brightside- The Killers. Muse and The Zutons are probably my all time hated bands.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic