• You cannot reply to this topic

Yesterday In The Future In the year 3562

#1   Lemontime 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

I thought we needed a sci-fi futuristic shoot-em-up adventure roleplay. So here it is;

Yesterday in the Future

Back story

The year is 3357. The world is in ruin, Global warming is long since forgotten, it never happened. Humans ended themselves, nuclear war engulfed the world in 2427, plunging the planet into an everlasting nuclear winter, and all but darkness. The only light seen in the world is that of the sun through the thick clouds and fog, but that does not provide much light.

In the darkness a scientist by the name of Doctor Gregan works on his latest invention. An invention he believes will save the world. An invention so dark, so cruel, that he works on his own, cut off from the small communities living in various cities. What he is creating is a new breed of human. A breed that with no eyes, no ears, no nose, no mouth. These people, have no face.

Somewhere along the line though, he went wrong. Something inside the brain. Something went wrong, and now it puts all of humanity at risk.

So that's it. ;) Now here comes my intro and a little of the story continues.

Hack

Hack stared at the two bright red dots ahead of him. The dots he knew all too well as Scythes; the race the infamous Doctor Gregan had created all those years ago. Hack raised his Heckler & Kosh G36 and drew a third red dot in between the other two. He squeezed the trigger, sending a spray of bullets at the Scythe, painting the wall behind it with fluorescant red blood. The Scythe let out a glass-shattering scream, Hack blocked his ears with his fingers. For five seconds the scream rebounded off the nearby buildings, the highrises already shattered windows providing no help for the precious ear-drums of those inside.

Hack walked over to the fallen mutant, releasing a knife from it's holster at his side and slitting the dead beasts throat. The beasts glowing blood spilled onto the floor, spreading into a large pool within seconds. Hack sighed and continued walking through the city.

The year is 3562. Doctor Gregans experiments now threatened the life of all those who lived in the americas. The mutations ran rampid in the deserted, snow-covered streets, their foot-prints all to show of their stealthy endeavors. Hack was a freedom fighter, part of a group determined to rid the world of those who created and assisted the Scythes and other mutants in their plight to take over the country, and in turn the world. Hack himself, was a leader.

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:01 AM

This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Samuel glanced at a time display as he worked. It was 2 AM, though time didn't mean much to him any more. He was working on a biological control for the Scythes, laced into a non-lethal bullet for easy administration. Then it would spread; that was the plan, at least. It was tiresome work. Their creator had made them with the intention of producing the perfect human, with no need to eat, drink, breathe or sleep. And of course, they were immune to all known diseases. He needed to come up with a pathogen that would wipe out the Scythes, but not humans. A well-timed outbreak could finish what few humans there were left. And that was the last thing he wanted.

He stood up. He loaded the test cartridge into a 9mm and left the room. Walking down the hallway, everything was silent. The sky was a dark crimson through the windows on his right. Dust rose in a huge plume from where a building had collapsed, probably from rot. He doubted the Scythes were intelligent enough to pull down a building let alone work in a group, but his research on them was still rather incomplete. He wrapped his hand around a door handle. There was a brief pause, and the door unlocked. He stepped in, letting it close behind him. He was standing in a small, steel room. It had originally been a vault, but Samuel had found other uses for it. In front of him, a Scythe was chained to the wall.

It stared back at him with its glowing red eyes. He stepped closer. He could feel how weak it was after months of exposure to his experiments. It had already healed its past wounds, but its mental scars remained. Had it been a real human, he might have felt some sympathy. He cared nothing for these things.

'You could never understand the destruction you've caused,' he spoke softly. The creature didn't move.
      'You needn't worry though. If I have my way, I'll see to it that every last one of your kind is wiped of the face of this planet.' The Scythe sensed the tone in his voice. It hissed and lashed out at him. He caught its wrist and shot it in the face twice. He was used to its tortured screams by now. He stared, waiting for something to happen. It twitched and made a strange gurgling noise. He sighed, and left the room.

#3   Lemontime 

• Disciple
        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Wicked intro, Mc-split.

Hack was on guard duty. The building infront of him was a safe-house for those who's homes and lives had been destroyed by the Scythes or the winter. A small plume of smoke floated silently out of an air vent and flew into the sky.

Hack watched the smoke floating away, thinking how lucky it was to get out of this place, this hellish, freezing place. Hack imagined what it would have been like in the two-thousands. The good years, so people called them. Right up untill China launched an invasion of the US. The US, power hungry and scared, launched nuclear missiles at all their enemies. Every last one of them. But something went wrong. The nukes went awry, flying in every which direction, slamming into civilian targets. Some even hit the United States themselves.

And as a result, Hack was here.. In New York City. Some said it used to be called "The Big apple". Hack could hardly see what was so great about a few run-down sky-scrapers and an old cinema.

Hacks' watch Beeped. 2 AM, the end of his shift. He walked into the building, high-fiving the next guard on duty. Hack looked around the lobby he was now in. A sevice desk to his left, the elevator lobby ahead of him, and broken pots and glass everwhere. Hack walked to a door at the back of the elevator lobby, pushed it open, and walked into the stair-well.

He decended 2 floors, into the basement. He looked around. The garden was in the eastern side of the room, a jungle underground, feeding the whole group. There was an animal pen on the nothern side of the room, filled with Pigs, Cows, and Chickens. To the west however, was a make-shift wall with a small door in the centre. This wall spanned the entire distance of the room, obscuring the rest of the room from the Scythes poor vision. Hack walked through this door. He found himself in the sleeping quarters of the group, everyone was asleep. Beds were everywhere, all filled except a few which belonged to Hack and the other guards. Hack retreated to his bed near the door, got in, shut his eyes, and slept..

ARGH. THAT WAS SO CRAP. ;)' Sry..

#4   Folcon 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
          • AKA escout

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

Kalis groaned as he got up from his lab table, putting aside his newest project and stretching his cramped leg mussles. It had been a hard night, but he was sure he would be done with his newest creation to fight the Scythes in the next few days. He left his lab and made sure to lock the door before heading back toward the garden area. As he enterd the farm and grabbed his alotted apple from a table, the clock chimed four am. S***, he thought. Have I been ocupied that long? He made his way back to the sleeping quarters and walked over to his cot. He looked down and saw a lump in the dim light in the middle of his bed. "Alright you furball, get out," Kalis said softly, picking up the cat and setting it on the floor. It complained breifly before walking over to another bed and jumping onto it. Kalis sat down on the bed, then stretched out, trying to get what sleep he could before morning and one of the children inevitably waking him to ask if he would play. Finnaly, in after a few more minates, he was asleep.

#5   Lemontime 

• Disciple
            • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

Hack woke to a room filled with screams and darkness. Hack panicked, turning over to grab his G36, only to see an un-familiar face staring at him, gun raised, pointing at his head.. Hack stared back, into the mans heavily tinted glasses, he saw through to the eyes, and they were not human. Their piercing blue gaze making Hack sleepy. Hack lapsed in and out of conciousness faster than he could tell, his mind filled with different and disturbing thoughts.

Hack fell asleep, and didn't wake for many hours..

#6   Folcon 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
              • AKA escout

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

The moment the screams started, Kalis was awake. He rolled out of his bed and onto the floor. He then swiftly made his way to the deeper shadows of the quarters. It was too dark to see, so he slipped a set of nightvison contacts into his eyes, and looked around. He saw strangers moving around, the compound, thet weren't Scythes, but they didn't look human either. Then one of them looked directly at him and approached. He flicked the lenses from his eyes and glimpsed them fall under a bed. As the creature got closer, Kalis saw erie blue eyes. Kalis backed up until he reached a wall, the creature came closer until it was an arm's reach away.
              "What are you?" Kalis said.
              The creature's arm shot out and grabbed him by the neck, slowly choking him. Kalis couldn't help but look directly into its eyes. And as he did, he felt all energy drain from him. The last thing he knew before sleep overtook him, was his being dropped back on a bed.

((OOC okay lemon, now give me something more to work with, and maybe we can keep this RP alive.))

#7   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

Hack woke and stared at the damp roof, it's coldness radiating, making the room un-bearably icy. Hack cringed, trying to pull himself into a ball, but found he was tied to the bed by his arms and legs. He couldn't move his neck, but he didn't know why. He watched as a masked face moved aboved his, it's previously blue eyes now a bright shade of pink, filling Hack with energy. Hack just stared at the masked face. It moved it's arm, raising a scalpal besides it's face.

The sharp blade came closer to Hacks' face, Hack could feel the sweat pouring down his face, forming a pool of salty water on the bench he was lying on. The scalpal reached his fore-head and cut through the skin, yet Hack felt nothing. Confused, Hack frowned, his first mistake. Sharp pain shot through his entire body, like a blow-torch aimed at his bones. Hack screamed. The doctor, taken aback by Hacks screaming, started laughing.. It was a females laugh.. Hack stared over at her, she came closer, above Hack once again. She grabbed the bottom of her mask and lifted. The mask came off easily and Hack saw the most beautifull woman he had ever seen.

"Had you going" She said, in her perfect voice.

Hack fainted..

#8   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                  • Group: Members
                  • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Phil sat in the waiting room, with his legs and arms bound to a chair. He had been taken in the middle of the night from the safehouse where he had been staying. His last recollections were that of a lanky figure in front of him, too dark to make out but vaguely humanoid. He attempted to reach for his knife, but something hit his temples and he was out. He snapped back to reality when he heard a horrendous yell from inside the door. "Oh schnaps," he thought.

Suddenly, the door opened and masked person was there. The figure picked up Phil, chair and all, and brought him into the main office. In the gap in a partition, Phil thought he saw a woman standing over a man tied down to a table, but he dismissed it. As Phil's arm was unstrapped from the chair, he felt a surge of power. "RAAAAAAAAAAWWWRR!!" he shouted, as his vision faded and he was replaced by Narathazmeen, his kick ass alter ego. Narathazmeen saw the figure's mask tighten, because of what he assumed was a dropped jaw, and the grip slacken. He fell to the ground and hit his head on the hard concrete. There he lay, with three limbs tied to a chair and an aching headache. "Now, if only I could reach Schnick...or even Schneck..." he thought, reaching for his daggers. It was to no avai,l however, because the masked figure stepped on his hand and called to the other room. A second later, the woman he had seen appeared in the room, with a bemused look on her face.

"Well, this sucks," he thought.

#9   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

Kalis awoke to find himself in a large, dimly lit, room. The only light coming from a narrow window in a door at the far side of the room. Kalis got up off the bed he was on and walked over toward the door, but came up short about halfway, as his leg was shackeled to the wall.

"They don't want you going anywhere," a voice said, startleing Kalis out of his skin. Kalis turned around and saw one of the older children from the safehouse, a boy about thirteen named Nick, sitting on another bed in the room. "It's good you're awake Kalis. The younger children have been very scared."

Kalis walked over to a bed across from the boy and sat down. "I'm scared myself Nick," he said. Kalis quickly patted himself down and found nothing, all his gadgets and creations he kept with him had been taken, he had even been stripped of most of his clothes, except for a thin shirt and pants. "Is there anyone else in this room?"

"Your the only grownup here, everyone else here are the children from the safehouse. They're all here, at least."

Kalis nodded, "Any idea who these people are that took us?"

Nick shook his head, "No idea. They just brought us in here and left us here. As far as I know, your the only one shackeled to the wall. But you've been out for a day or two, you must be hungery."

Kalis nodded and replied, "I could eat a whole cow."

Nick giggled and said, "The other children are still sleeping, but whoever it is that brought us here should be bringing food soon."

Kalis nodded and returned to the bed he had been on. "We'll see what happens, with luck, we can get out of here soon."

#10   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA escout

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

((OOC Major bump and a dubble post, I know, but this RP has promise if other people will take part.))

After what was probably another hour, the door creaked loudly and opened in ward. Kalis quickly laid back down and fiegned sleep as he heard several sets of footsteps, and squeqaking wheels, enter the room.

"Alright you brats." a harsh voice said, "Come get your groul."

Kalis heard several cryes of pain as children were kicked into movment. As well as a heavy set of footsteps coming towards him. "Hey kid," the same harsh voice said. "Is he awake yet?"

"I don't..." Nick said nervously, before Kalis heard a slap and a cry of pain escape the boy's lips.

Kalis opened his eyes and looked directly at the man. He couldn't make out much of his features, but Kalis could see that the man was large, and likely very strong. The type of man who enjoys picking on those that are too weak to fight back. "Leave the boy alone," Kalis said in a voice that even he did not recognise as his own.

"So, you are awake," the man said, turning toward Kalis. Looking into the man's eyes, Kalis could tell this man was pure evil, or as close as he had ever seen. "My supieor will be pleased."

"I swear," Kalis said, sitting up, "By what ever holy powers remain in this world, if you harm these children further, I will kill you."

#11   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

"I hope that's the last of them," said Kite Woods, as he reloaded his G36C Assault Rifle. They had come less then 12 hours ago, and now he was the last one alive. They came without warning, and within one hour, only 10 humans remained. They had all shacked up in the town church, hoping that God, or whoever they prayed to, would save them. They were obviously wrong. The screams of the dying wasn't the worst part, nor was the sight of the hundreds of mangled human corpses. No. The worst part of the whole ordeal was the peircing red eyes of those creatures, the Scythes. It struck fear into even Kite.

He walked over to the bullet-striken door of the church and kicked it open, raising his weapon in case there were still some of those damned creatures left. He had hopes that maybe, in a small chance, somebody had survived, but he didn't expect it. The village was is as bad shape as the church was. Dead bodies were sprawled all over the town, humans and Scythes alike. Most of the houses had doors ripped of their hinges, and windows shattered from the attack.

Kite took a couple steps in the streets of the town he used to call home, his weapon still raised. He thought it was all a dream. Nothing this bad could happen to his town. But it had. Everybody he had known was dead.

He walked from house to house, calling out to see if their was somebdoy still alive. Nobody answered. He expected as much. He was ready to go back to the church, gather up ammo and food, and leave, when he heard a voice. It was faint, but it cleary said "help."

(OOC)Good? Yes, no, maybe?

#12   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                          • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

Drip.. Drip.. Drip..

Hack watched water dripping from the roof out of the corner of his eye. A false light filled the room, from some un-known source beneath him. He was restless, trying to shift his body all the time, only to be dis-comforted by the knowledge that he was still tied to the table.

A door opened somewhere out of Hacks vision, footsteps came closer to him and then stopped next to him. Hack could see nobody there, but he could feel some sort of presence.
                          "Hello?" Hack Whispered.
                          "Hi!" Said a girl in a cheerfull voice, startling Hack, "I'm Reign".
                          Hack's eyes darted around the room, searching for the source of the voice. Above him, something started to materialize, slowly at first, small particles of matter floating in the air. Then a complete human girl appeared above him. It was the girl that he had seen before, not nearly as beautifull as he remembered her.
                          "Boy, you were out for a while," She giggle, "You've been here for nearly a week!"
                          Hack ghasped, "A.. A week? W.. What? Who are you, anyway?!".
                          "Oh, us?" Teased Reign, "Well, lets just say we're here to help.."

It's all right, I guess.
                          And Skidzorz, are you in New York like the rest of us, or some random town?

#13   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

(OOC)Let's just say I'm in some random town near New York. I will be making my way out of this random town anyway, so I might aswell make my way to New York or whatever. But ya it's some random town near New York. When/if I come to New York I'll read the older posts to see what is all happening in NY.

#14   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

Kite was suprised to hear a human voice. He ran through the pile of bodies to whee the voice was coming from. He was getting closer. As he took one step around the corner of the local weapons shop he saw a human body, and he once again raised his weapon and started firing. A Scythe was lying there with him, slowly chewing on the dying human's neck.

"Die you disfigured peice of ****," he screamed as he starting unloading his clip. It took less then 30 bullets to kill the creature, and as it died, it let out a terible scream, a scream that was heard many times throughout the night that had passed.

Kite lowered his weapon and ran the human. Blood was pouring out of his neck, but it looked like he would live. Kite wiped down the wound with his shirt, and then wrapped it up with some gauze that was in his pocket. He then carried the wounded, yet living, body to the nearest house and laid him down to rest.

3 hours passed before the human awoke.

"So, your awake. Are you feeling alright? You've been passed out for a long time now."

"Ugh. Where am I, what happened," said the human, as he stirred, and eventually sat up in the bed.

"You are in Amy Ross's house. She's dead. Everybody you and I knew are dead. You have heard of the Scythes right." The human shook his head, listining intently. "Well, last night they came and attacked. Me, Father Rawlings, and 8 others went to the church, hoping to be safe, but we were teribbly wrong. It took a while, but they found us. I was the only one to survive. Now you must answer some questions for me. What is your name, and what do you remember of last night?"

The human rubbed his wounded neck, and flinched in pain. "My name is Xavier, Xavier Cole. I remember hearing screams at about 10 last night, so I opened the door to check it out. There were these dark, blood red eyes stareing at me as I opened the door. All I remeber after that is you coming to get me. What is gonig to happen?"

"We need to get out of here. Those *******s are far superior to us. They are like ****ing dogs. They can hear, feel, and see, 100 tiems better then we can. They will know we are here, and if we stay, we will surely die. We need to leave, now." Kite stood up out of the chair he was sitting on and took his rifle out of it's holster, which was resting on his back. "Let's go," he said as he walked out of the bedroom and into the streets bellow.

Xavier just sat there stunned. How could this all happen. After the nuclear war, the world was supossed to start over, it was supossed to be a better place. He sat for a moment longer and got out, wanting to stay close to his new companion, because he surel could not protect himself. He walked down the stairs and out the door aswell. "Where are we going?"

"First we must go to the church. That is where the food and ammo is. We need to resuply, and then we are leaving to New York," said Kite as he started to slowly cross the street.

"Why New York?" said Xavier as he followed.

"Because. There are survivors there. I picked up a signal on my radio. It lasted 10 seconds before it got cut out, but I cleary heard human voices, tellnig any survivors to head to New York." Kite, with Xavier right behind him, entered the church. It felt so desolete. A church was supossed to be a place of life, but there was so much death, that even Hades himself would be jelous. "Here, take these," Kite said as he threw two, 9MM pistols at Xavier.

"What, why?"

"You will need these to protect you. I can only do so much, and if I die, you'll need atleast something to hold them off as you run. Trust me, you can't beat these things on your own. The whole town was killed, and there were less than 100 of them." Kite grabbed a couple loafs of bread, 5 flasks full of whisky, enough ammo for 10 people, and about 20 bottles of watter. That should last us untill we get to NY, he thought to himself. If we even get there at all.

They both left the church and headed to the city limits, past the dead bodies, past the death, past the decay. They both took one last look at the city they once called home, and then headed north, to the city of NY, or what was left of it.

(OOC)I won't be on tomorow untill probably 6ish, so don't **** with me, youknowhatimsaying.

#15   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

"So you're here to help us? Where did you come from?" Asked Hack.
                                Hack and Reign were sitting in a sort of make-shift command centre, an old office in one of the remaining high-rise buildings, Hack was eating sandwiches which Reign had had made for him.
                                "Yeah, help you. We're from down south, New Jersey. We've been living here for 3 and half years.." Replied Reign, "We were living on the out-skirts of the city untill we were attacked by some un-known adversary, they weren't human.."
                                "Scythes..." Muttered Hack.
                                "Scythes?"
                                "Yes.. They're sort of half-human half-robot... Cyborgs, you could say... They have razor teeth and huge claws.. And those three red eyes..." Hack shuddered..
                                "Three red eyes? No.. What we saw had no eyes.. They couldn't see us, but they could hear us.." She paused," They could smell us, Hack.."
                                Hack stared at Reign, What could it be? Is it another force? Who is making them? A thousand thoughts went through Hacks mind at once..

Reign stood and gestured for Hack to do the same, "Follow me" she said.
                                Hack gathered a hand-full of food and followed Reign up the stairs, to the roof of the building.
                                At this height, you could hardly see 10 feet from your face, yet Hack could clearly see the out-line of a look-out on the corner of the building, staring out into the blizzard. He turned and saluted Reign,
                                "General Heart, always good to see you!" He said firmly,
                                Reign returned the salute, "Thankyou Bailey, but please, there is no need for all this army talk"
                                "Just how I was brought up" Muttered Bailey.
                                Reign turned to Hack.
                                "So Hack, tell me how you came to New York,"
                                "I was born here.. I've been living here all my life, living in constant fear of the Scythes.. My father, bless his soul, tought me how to use a gun, how to kill the Scythes. Your talk of a new enemy only scares me further.."
                                "Well Hack, don't be scared, we're taking you and all of your people away from here, to safety.."
                                "Y.. You know a way out?!" Ghasped Hack.
                                "Yes.. It's a long way, and it's extremely dangerous.. But we will make it out.."

Hehe, sorry to change the story, but bugger New York :(

#16   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA escout

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

((OOC) damn, quite a lot to catch up on. but we're back in business)

Before Kalis could carry out his threat against the man, a second figure entered his perifrial vision and held a gun to his head. "Alright pal, just back off," the person said.

Knowing resisting would just get him shot, Kalis did as he was told and stepped away from the man, who turned toward his and brought back his hand to strike.

"Garth, stop now or I'll shoot you instead," the person said, the sound of a second gun being taking out and the safety clicked off.

The man stopped his swing and smirked at the person holding the gun, whom Kalis still hadn't seen, then turned and left the room, pushing one of the kids out of the way as he went. Kalis didn't take his eyes off the man till the door was closed behind him.

"I'm sorry about Garth," the person said, pulling Kalis's attention back. "He's a sadistic, unstable *******, but he's a good soilder."

From the corner of his eye, Kalis saw one of the guns slip back into a coat pocket, then the gun against his head shifted slightly. "You going to put that away anytime soon," Kalis asked.

"Perhaps," the person said, stepping away and taking the gun with them, before moving directly into Kalis's field of vision. It was at that point that Kalis noticed the person was a smug looking young man around thrity years old. The man also kept his gun leveled at Kalis.

With a snort, Kalis simply sat back down on the cot, before stretching back out on it. Once he was comfortable, he eyed the man and asked, so why'd you take us? And why lock me up with all the children?"

"So many questions," the man said, "why don't you eat?" The man walked over to the cart that the man named Garth had brought in and took the lid of a large pot that was standing on it. He then picked up a bowl and ladeled the contents into the bowl. He then returned and handed the bowl to Kalis, who looked at the contents and grimiced, just what he wanted, oatmeal paste. The man looked over at Nick and said, "You might as well serve out the rest to everyone else kid, now that your friend here is awake, it's the last meal you might get in a while."

Shrugging his shoulders, Nick went about distributing the food to the other children. With a grimace, Kalis began to eat his own portion. After his first bite, Kalis asked, "Can you at least give me your name"

"Regal, what's your's"

"Kalis," Kalis replied.

Regal stood up, put away his gun and held out his hand, "Nice to meet you Kalis."

Kalis gazed wearily at the hand for a moment before setting the bowl aside and standing up and taking the hand. After a brief handshake, Kalis stepped back and asked, "So now that we apear to be friends, any chance of getting the shackle off?"

Regal grined and said, "Not right now, I have to get clearence from the higher ups."

"Figures," Kalis responded. "Well get out of here, I can keep an eye on these kids for you."

Still grinning, Regal said, "I'm sure you can. And I must be going anyway. I'll come back latter and let you know what fate holds for you." And with that, Regal turned and left, closeing the door firmly behind him.

((OOC - Hey LT, can you please not use such small type anymore, its killing my eyes to try and read.))

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

(OOC)So the people holding Kalis are humans right, but the things that captured Hack are some new force or whatever? Somebody pelase explain, cause it's kind of confusing.

Kite awoke with a scream, shivering, but drenched in sweat. Xavier and himslef had walked non-stop untill it was dark, and set up a tent to sleep for the night. They were less than a days walk from New York, and hopefully, upon arriving there, would find some form of life. Kite had awoken several tiems during the night, from a dreams of Scythes, dremas of what was happening all over the world.

He wiped himself of his sweat and laid his head back down on his pillow, almost drifting back to sleep, when he saw three figures pass by the tent. They passed by again, and again, before stopping in front of the closed, but easily openabl door. Kite tapped on Xavier's shoulder. "Hey, wake up," he said as he grabbed his rifle.

Xavier stirred upright, still fairly dazed. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Grab the pistols I gave you. Don't ask just do it, and when I say so, you fire alright."

"Okay," said Xavier, as he grabbed the two semi-automatic pistols Kite had given him the day before. They both sat still for 30 seconds, with their guns aimed at the tent door. They were as still as stones, untill a ear shattering scream was let out, and the door was ripped open. Kite. The first Scythe dropped dead as the other two jumpoed in the tent. It was now crowed, with very little moving room. Kite emptied his clip into the secon Scythe and as he tried to reload his gun, the third and final Scythe grabbed it, and threw it aside. The Scythe grabbed onto Kite's arms, and made giant gashes, with it's sharp claws. It tried to bite into Kite's neck, but Kite wouldn't give up without a fight. They struggled, but Kite was no match for the godlike strenght of the Scythes.

"XAVIER!" Kite screamed as he continued to struggle with the creature. "SHOOT IT!"

Xavier sat there for a moment, shaking, but then came to his senses and let out 4 bullets into the head of the Scythe, killing it in it's tracks. Blood shot out all over the tent. "Oh my god."

"Do you see what the **** these things can do," Kite scramed at the still shakeing Xavier. "If you hadn't pulled that trigger when you did, I would have been dead. Next time you must be faster. You can't be scared, or you will die. Let's grab our things. We are leaving this instant. It's not safe to be here anymore. We need to find some more humans."

They packed up their ammo, food, water, liquor and their tent and set off.

It took them 7 hours, but they finally made it. They both looked at the once beautiful, once great, city of New York. Kite had heard and read about what this city was like. All the money, the sports, the beauty of the people. But it wasn't like that anymore. It was like every other city on the earth. Destroyed. Kite took a big swig out of his flask and opened his mouth. "Well, we did it. We're here."

(OOC)I made it before you could leave Lemontime, so maybe, you know. Whatever.

I'm really likeing thing RP.

#18   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

(( Hack was captured by other humans ))

Hack sat, staring out over the city, the tops of buildings sticking out of the fog, his feet dangling over the edge. It was quiet, very quiet, and Hack was thinking. Should I trust these new people? He though, Can I really trust them? Where will they take us?
                                      Thoughts fought their way into his head, doubting the integrity of these new people.
                                      Somebody opened the door to the roof behind him and came and sat next to Hack, it was Reign.
                                      There was a long silence, broken when Reign said,
                                      "It's beautiful, isn't it?"
                                      "What is?" Inquired Hack.
                                      "This city.. It's so.. I can't explain it, but it makes me happy whenever I'm up here.. The tranquility, it's the only place I really feel safe.."
                                      "How can I trust you?" Said Hack, Suddenly.
                                      "I don't know.. I can't prove anything to you, I can't force you to trust us, if you want, you can leave whenever you want. But there are things out there, so many evils that are after you, they want to kill you and your people. If you stay with us, atleast you'll be safe in numbers.. And we have weapons, we have lots of weapons.."
                                      "If you meant no harm to us, then why were you killing my people when you took me? When I woke I could see it, you were slaughtering them!"
                                      "We only dealt with those who gave resistance.." She said bluntly
                                      "But they had families! They had people they loved! And you just killed them!"
                                      Reign stood and started walking to the door, she opened the door and paused,
                                      "Hack, some things need to be done"
                                      And the door slammed shut.

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

(OOC) Ok thanks that makes sense.

Kite and Xavier were in awe at the state in which New York was in. It was brutal. Bodies littered the streets, just like it did back home. Heads had been ripped off, devourerd, most likely by the Scythes, but he wasn't ruling out the posibility of another animal.

Xavier was visably scarred ****less. He didn't want to be there. He didn't want to be anywhere but in his house, with his wife and kids. The more he thought about them, the more scarred he got, thinking that what happened to them, could surely happen to him.

They walked through the streets. Past the empty bakeries, past the the empty apartment buildings, past the empty toy stores. Well, they weren't really empty. They were filled with the bodies of the dead. Nothing was moving. It seemed that Kite and Xavier were the only ones for a hundred miles.

Kite grabbed the radio and turned it to the frequency that he had heard voices from, 2 days prior. "Hello. My name is Kite Woods. I come from Sprinfield(OOC-ya there probably isn't a Springfield in New York, but I like the name. Simpsons rule). I have walked for 2 days and have finally reached New York. If there is anybdoy out there, would you please respond. I repeat. I am in New York, and if anybdoy is out there, please respond.

Both Kite and Xavier stood, quietly, hoping for an answer, but none came.

"This is hopless," said Xavier. "Nobody is gonig to answer us. We are both gonig to die in this godforsaken town." Xavier started paceing back and forth in the battered New York streets.

Kite grabbed onto Xavier's shoulder. "Pull yourself together. We are not going to die. Somebody was talking on that radio, and if two people can survive in a town as small as ours, there must be survivors here in New York."

"But, but, but what if there are Scythes here. There are only two of us, we can't hold them off if they attack us."

"Well that's why we must be very quiet." They both started to walk down Main Street, Kite looking to the right, and Xavier looking to the left. They saw nothnig for 13 crossroads, but at the 14th, Xavier jumped up with joy.

"Oh my god, Kite, I see somebody. Do you see," he said as he pointed to the roof of one of New York's many skyscrapers. "There's a man over there, sitting on that roof."

"Huh?" said Kite as he turned to face Xavier, and as he did he too saw the man atop the roof. "Let's go." They both ran to the bottem of the building and started yelling up to the man, but to no evail. He either didn't hear them, or ignored them. "Ok, step back."

"Why?" Xavier asked.

"Just ****ing do it," yelled Kite. As Xavier stepped back, Kite raised his rifle and aimed it at one of the highest windows. He steadied his gun, and shot, shattering the window in less than a second. "That should get his attention."

#20   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                          • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                          • AKA escout

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

Kalis yawned, it had been several hours sence Regal left, and he was getting bored. And so were the children in the room. They had asked him to play, with them, to entertain them, but there was little to do. Finnaly, he had all the children sit down around his bed and he told them stories from the old days. Stories from before the Scyths, before the eternal winter. Before the world was plunged into the darkness it was now in. Stories he had found in crubling tombs from ancint libraries, and in the corupted data banks of forgotten computers. He had read hundreds, thousands perhaps, in his travels. And he had commiteed most of them to memory.

So he told them the stories of old, with titles as unfamiler to the children as they were to him, but were considered the epitome of litteratutre. Stories like the Illiad, and the Oddesy. Lord of the Rings, and Robinson Crusoe. As he progressed through the stories, the children slowy wandred off to sleep in thier beds, untill the last had finaly closed his eyes and nodded off. Now he sat in the near darkness and quite, bored, and growing antsy. He wanted his gadgets back, he wanted to tinker with his projects. He wanted his f**king tools back!

After another twenty minutes, the door opened once more and Kalis saw a slim figure slip in and walk over towards him. When the person stopped at his bed, Kalis saw it was Regal.

"My superior whises to see you now," he said, removing a key from a coat pocket and kneeling down. He unlocked the shackle from Kalis's ankle and began to walk away, motioning Kalis to follow. Kalis nodded and stepped over to Nick, who was still sleeping one the bed next to his, and gently shook him awake.

"What's going on?" the boy asked, coming awake and seeing Regal.

"I'm leaving for a little while, but I'll be back soon. Watch over everyone else, okay?" Nick nodded and laid back down and went to sleep. Kalis turned back to Regal and said, "Well, let's get going."

Regal nodded and lead him out the door.

#21   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                            • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

Hack stared into the empty armory, empty but for a few provisions, some pistols, grenade, ammo, and Hacks old Heckler and Kosh G39. He stuffed the pistols into his belt and started filling a bag with provisions. He strapped a belt of ammo over his shoulder and clipped 4 grenades to their racks in his belt.
                                            He walked over to the wall where his G39 was hanging and picked it up. He ran his fingers along the rigid lines of it's body, feeling the familiar bumps.
                                            "It's a beautiful gun, isn't it?" Reign appeared out of the shadows by the doorway,
                                            "It is.." Hack said calmly, "It's served me well."
                                            "Are you ready?" Inquire Reign, "We're about to move out."
                                            Hack put the guns strap over his shoulder and walked past Reign. As he walked past her he whispered,
                                            "I was born ready.."

(( LOL! Didn't get very far in that! ))

Do you guys mind if we pause this RP for the next week and a bit? I'm going on holiday tomorrow untill the 19th, and I don't want to get home and have to read a thousand pages of RP..
                                            Thanks..

#22   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA escout

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

((OOC- that's alright. I was thinking of bringing in a second character, and that will give me time to figure out how to incorperate him in. Oh, and seeing as I haven't stated it yet, I've decided that Kalis is in Atlanta right now, but the group that has him will be taking him to the same location as the group that has Hack.))

#23   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

(OOC)Alright. I'll post one more time and then I'll stop.

"Why didn't he notice us?" asked Xavier.

"I don't know, but I'm going inside. If there is one human there, there must be more." Kite grabbed the handel of the building but it would open. He took one step, raised his leg up and smashed the glass door into peices. They both steped over the shards of glass and into the building. Kite put his gun into it's holster and walked over to the elevator. He pushed the up button, but nothing happened. What a surprise. "Look's like we're going to have to walk," he said as he looked up.

"WHAT," yelled Xavier. "This building has atleast 100 floors, maybe more." He sighed and started talking again. "**** it. Let's do it."

They went over the stairs and started walknig up. 20 minutes had passed by the time they reached the top floor. They both took there guns out, in the chance that maybe some Scythes were in the building. Kite kicked open the door with his gun pointing forward. He saw a little girl. "Hello, what's your name."

"Reign," she said in a sinister voice. "Goodnight Kite."

"What the," but before he could finish his sentence, a blow struck the back of his head, and he was knocked unconsious.

#24   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

((at this point, I'm going to start in on my other character pair))

Shane's POV

A tall red haeded man stood up from the dead Sycthe that lay at his feet, his knife in one hand, the creature's liver in the other. With a grunt, he turned away from the corpse and approached a red headed child. "Here Marcus," Shane said to the young boy. "Wrap it up and let's get out of here." With a solom nod, the boy took a scrap of stained clothe from his pack and wrapped the still slightly steaming liver in it before placeing the bundle back in the bag.

"Where do we go from here Shane?" the boy asked.

"Somewhere out of the wind so we can eat," replied the taller man. Taking a step forward, Shane closed his eyes and opened his other sences. After a few moments, he opened his eyes once more and said, "There's no one that I can sence for a few miles. A couple of Scythes to the west, but beyond that, nothing important. Come on, let's get going." Shane stalked off down the street, Marcus hurring to keep up. After a few minutes, Shane shouldered his way into the remains of an old restranut, the colors long faded from the ancient sign out front. But in the back, he found what he was looking for, an old style wood burning stove. In a few minutes, Shane had a fire going and sat Marcus done to cook the meat they had collected, while he carfully explored around the rest of the remains.

He found numerous lumps across some of the tables, and gently wipping the snow and dust away, found bodys of several people, long since reduced to brittle one. With a shake of his head, Shane remembered they were in Atlanta, one of the first citys hit in the start of the nucler war. These people probably died from the fall out that followed, but he couldn't be sure. With a careless air, he checked the remains, pocketeing a few tarnished silver rings and gold chains. Finding nothing else of interest, Shane returned to the kitchen to see Marcus taking the last of the meat of the stove. It still wasn't much. Just the Scythe's liver, some flesh from one of the strange dogs that prowled the city, and the last of the contents of a can of Spam. Shane only ate a small portion of the meat, allowing his charge to eat his fill. Besides, Marcus needed the meat far more than Shane. The meat would help replenish the blood that Shane fed off of about once a week, which he would be needing to do in the next days or so.

With a sigh, Shane turned away from Marcus and dug into his pack, pulling out the last of his scavenged box of Twinkes. Tearing open the wrapping, Shane contentedly ate it while waiting for Marcus to finish.

#25   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                    • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                    • AKA Darksword

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:34 AM

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Kyle shouted as he kicked up some snow behind him. The adrenaline pumping through his veins made him fast, but the Scythes were faster. They were always faster.
                                                    Kyle yanked his Glock 22 out of its holster as he ran and started firing behind his back randomly. He doubted that it would actualy hit one of the Scythe, but it might discourage them a little.
                                                    He kept firing until he heard one of the Scythe roar in pain, then fired the last of the clip. No time to reload.
                                                    He saw a building up a head, a multi-storied apartment of some kind. Maybe he could lose them in there!
                                                    With only his life to lose, Kyle gave it his all heading to that apartment, somehow managing to stay ahead of them.
                                                    As he bolted through the doorway, Kyle unstrapped a grenade from his harness and dropped it. Halfway up the stairs to the second floor, he heard an enormous crack and a couple of Scythe screaming. Hoping he had bought himself a few minutes, Kyle slapped a fresh clip into his Glock 22 and faced the stairway. Half a second later, a single Scythe came bounding up them. It paused on the last landing before the second floor and snarled a challenge at him. Kyle noticed it had a bullet wound in its shoulder too, it must have been the one he had shot.
                                                    Kyle held his breath and lined the sights up right in between the Scythe's eyes. In that fraction of a second, he tried to think of something clever to say. Nothing came, so he just squeezed the trigger.
                                                    A single shot rang out, the bullet flew towards the Scythe's head, entering through the temple and exploding out the back of it's skull, spraying the wall behind it in it's bright fluorescent blood and brains.

Kyle stood there, still holding his breath for a couple more seconds. Finally, he allowed himself to relax a little and breath.
                                                    "That's for my friends." he muttered, before he spat on the creature's limp body.

#26   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

"Scythes" Crackled a voice through the radio at Hacks belt.
                                                      Hack and Reign were the only two people for a hundred or so metres, so they had plenty of time to take cover, Hack walked into a burnt out building on the right of the street, whilst Reign took up cover in a building opposite. Hack was two stories up when he saw the three red dots materialize out of the fog. The scythe padded lightly down the street, stopping briefly to try and sniff out it's prey. Hack drew up his weapon, placing a fourth red dot directly in the centre of the scythes three. The beast stopped, sensing something had changed.. Hack placed his finger on the trigger and slowly exhales, realising he'd been holding his breath. He slowly squeezed the trigger, releasing a volley of shots into the scythes head. It let out the normal ear-splitting scream, drawing other scythes to the scene of it's death. Hack watched the fluorescant blood sink into the snow and then walked down to the street.

"Nice shot" said Reign, bluntly, as they started walking again.
                                                      "Threat eliminated" Hack said mockingly into his radio.

After a few kilometres of walking Hack suddenly stopped and stared at Reign and asked:
                                                      "Where are we going? I thought we were going North?"
                                                      "We have to take care of a few things," She replied and continued to walk.
                                                      Hack stood staring at Reign disappearing into the fog, thinking of what they could possibly be doing. He heard a scythe screaming from behind him and came to, chasing after Reign. When he reached her he started walking beside her, staring at her,
                                                      "Are you going to tell me where we're going? I'm risking my arse for you guys!"
                                                      "You really want to know? You sure you wouldn't rather just find out when we get there? These thoughts will clog up your mind, they'll take your mind off our journey.."
                                                      "Tell me!"
                                                      "Doctor Gregan is still alive.."

#27   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                        • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                        • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

((Who the hell is Dr.Gregan?))

EDIT-((Nvm. I get it))

Kite awoke in a daze. He was in the middle of a street. It could have been New York, but he didn't know. He checked himself to find that the only thnigs he still ahd were his Desert Eagle, a bottle full of water, and his cellphone. Xavier was gone too.

He sat up, hopeing to reconize some of the buildings, but he didn't. For all he knew, he was a thousand miles away.

He took a big swigg of his water bottle, and as he did, he heard gun shots, and a ear shattering screach. Kite drew his weapon, and walked to where the noise came from. He turned the corner of the building, and saw a man, and a girl. That same girl was the one from, New York. The guy must have been on of her men.

He slowly walked up to the pair, and put his pistol to the back of the man's neck. "Lower your ****ing weapon, and answer me this, who are you and where the hell is Xavier?"

#28   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                          • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

"What the **** are you doing?!" Shouted Reign, "We set you free and this is how you repay us?"
                                                          "My name is Hack, I don't know who Xavier is.." Hack said Calmly.

(OOC: Errr.. I didn't wanna power play your character or anything, so this is all I could really do...)

(OBTW, Reign isn't a little girl.)

#29   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                            • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                            • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

((Oh, well, female, whatever.))

"You set ME free? You attacked me and Xavier, and let me to die in this godforsaken town." Kite moved his pistol from Hack to Reign. "Now I will say again, if you don't tell me what you did with Xavier, I will blow your freaking brains out."

Kite took a deep breath and ****ed his pistol, and as he did, he saw three red dots appears from the fog. More red dots appeard all around them. Kite aimed hsi gun at what he knew was a Scythe and pulled the trigger. The Scythe let out a scream.

((Meh, it was short, but I'm leaving in like, 20 minutes, so it was all I wanted to write right now))

#30   Ironsight 

• Joined: 22-March 07
                                                              • AKA Darksword

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

((Wait, the Scythes have three eyes now? I thought they only had two. Whatever.))

Kyle walked to a window to check for anymore Scythes. Seeing none, he found a room and took an inventory. He still had several clips for his Sig, and plenty of ammo for his M21, but he had only two grenades left and was low on food and water.
                                                              Kyle let out a sigh, he could pick off as many Scythe as he wanted, but he wouldn't last long if they managed to trap him in the apartment and starve him to death. As much as he would like the finally take a breather, Kyle would have to keep moving.
                                                              He reached into one of his pockets and retrieved a map. It was an old map, crudely updated with markers and pencil to show know settlements and current terrain. There was no way of telling where he was exactly, but based on his location during the mission, and the direction he had been moving since, he could guess that he was about two miles from a city called New Yark.
                                                              Kyle stared blankly at the map. New Yark? He wasn't familiar with this New Yark, and two miles was an incredibly long distance to cover with all the Scythe. Of course, he had a better chance at moving to New Yark than holing up here.
                                                              Kyle stuffed the map back into his chest pocket and strapped his harness back on.
                                                              He grabbed his rifle and made a quick scan out the window before heading out again.

An hour and and half later, Kyle was far back into the wilderness. Years of uncontrolled growth had allowed the forests to become thick. This worked both ways for Kyle, as it made it easier for him to remain undetected, but it did the same for the Scythe.
                                                              Kyle was only half watching for Scythe. The other half of his mind was in a far off place. His thoughts had long since returned to days ago, the day his team had been slaughtered by the Scythe.
                                                              What had gone wrong?
                                                              He didn't see the Scythe running at him.
                                                              It roared and jumped on his back, taking him to the ground quickly. It raised it's claws to slash at his face, but Kyle managed to grab his Knife and plunge it into the monster's chest. It let out a roar of pain and grabbed the knife, trying to rank it out.
                                                              Kyle pushed the Scythe off and climbed to his feet. He grabbed his rifle and swung it at the Scythe with all his strength. It took a step backwards, dazed. Kyle hit it again, pulled out his Glock and blasted it in the face.
                                                              He stood over the body for several minutes, catching his breath. He then bent over and pulled out his knife. Kyle cleaned it on some nearby grass, reloaded his weapons and continued on to New Yark.

Using his rifle as a walking stick, Kyle climbed the last hill and saw for the first time the city of New Yark. He saw a heavily rusted sign nearby and brushed it off, reading the lettering on it. Welcome to New York it said. Kyle snorted, he had been mispronouncing the name the entire time.
                                                              He dropped the sign and faced the impossibly tall buildings. Hopefully there are some people here that can help me. he thought If not, then...well there have to be people here.
                                                              He let out a sigh and moved his far-beyond-tired joints forward. He could really use some rest.

#31   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

Shane's POV

Shane yawned in bordom. The wind had picked up about an hour ago, and with it a nasty storm of leet and hail. Although he tried to sleep, he just couldn't, his hunger was keeping him up. Weather like this would keep the Scythes penned down for a while, but Shane knew it would let up eventualy. With a sigh, he took out his shotgun and began to clean it once more. As he set aside the cleaned weapon and reached for one of his pistols, a shadow fell over him, causing Shane to look up.

Looking back at him was Marcus, a tired look in his large chubric face. "It's getting colder tonight," the younger mutant said. "And the noise is keeping me up. Can I curl up with you?"

With a fleeting grin, Shane nodded and opened the blanket he had wrapped around himself. Marcus promptly ploped into his lap and sniggled up aganst Shane's chest as he wrapped the blanket back around the both of them.

"Mmm," Marcus murmered, before snugling closer into Shane's chest, "nice and warm."

Shane didn't know how, but just having Marcus currled up aganst him made it easier to relax. In fact, he was almost able to fall asleep, untill his stomach made a strange noise, like a cross between a growl, a roar, and a snort, causing Shane to his in irrtaion, and waking the dozing Marcus.

"Are you okay," Marcus asked. His ear had been right next to Shane's stomach, so he obiously heard the sound.

"Just fine," came Shane's reply, before his stomach repeated the noise.

Marcus gave him what would pass for a serious look, if he looked his age. But on his childish face, it look more cute than serious, causeing Shane to laugh at the look, untill Marcus punched him in the shoulder. "You're not fine," the kitsune said, his attempt at looking serious failing once again. "You looka little pale. Do you need to feed again?"

Shane's grin slipped as he looked at Marcus and nodded slightly, saying, "Yeah, it migh the a good idea. Put it off too long and I might drink too much."

Marcus snorted as he reached up and touched Shane's cheek, saying, "Never going to happen. You like me too much." He then brought himself even closer to Shane and turned his head to the side, revealing his neck, and the light marks on it from past feedings. "Go ahead and take what you need."

Shane nodded and leaned into Marcus's neck, sinking his fangs in a gently as he could before drinking steadily of the younger mutant's blood. After a few minutes, he pulled away and watching the small puncture wounds close up, leaving bearly a scar, and feeling much better.

Marcus, feeling slightly light headed from the loss, snuggled back into Shane's chest and soon fell asleep.

((OOC - you guys can ignore the storm, seeing as my characters are not in New York.))

#32   Ironsight 

• Posts: 4,998
                                                                  • AKA Darksword

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

Kyle shuffled down the hill and headed for a nearby motel. He would have kept moving, but when it got to the point were it hurt to breath, he knew he had to rest.
                                                                  He approached the motel and readied himself to kick down the front door.
                                                                  Kyle took a deep breath, and slammed the flat of his foot against an area above the lock.
                                                                  His effort was in vain however, as the door didn't give an inch.
                                                                  He tried again. This time, the door was ripped halfway off it's hinges. A final kick was all it took to bring the door to the ground.
                                                                  Kyle pulled out his glock22 and made a quick sweep of the motel to see if any Scythe had somehow managed to find a way in. Finding none, he kicked down the nearest door, found one of the ruined beds and collapsed on it.

#33   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 4,114
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA escout

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

Kalis's POV

Kalis followed Regal wearily down the hall, glancing down branching cordors and through the ocational open door. And every time he did, he saw nothing and no one. At last, Regal brought him to a large double door and pushed them open. Inside was an office with extravagent decorations; sculpters, paintings, and even a fine vase or two. And sitting at the back of the room was a large desk. And behind it sat a tall, slightly heavy set man that was just showing the signs of a bald spot on the top of his head.

"Welcome," the man said, standing up and coming around the desk. He extended a hand and said, "I'm Major Vahn. And once more, welcome to our establishment."

#34   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                                      • Posts: 2,428
                                                                      • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                                      • Location:'straya
                                                                      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hack stared at the stranger and said:
                                                                      "Whoever you are, we don't have time for this!" His eyes glanced towards the red dots in the fog around them.
                                                                      The strangers gun let out a scream and Hack flinched, then realised it hadn't hit him. He turned to Reign and saw she was fine. The red dots around them were closing in on them, Hack grabbed Reign and shouted at the stranger "Follow me!".
                                                                      Hack dragged Reign into a high-rise near them. He let go of her and shouted "Come on!" as he started sprinting towards the stairs of the building, the scythes in hot pursuit. He ran up three floors, then suddenly ran out into the main office, taking refuge in a large corner-office in the room. He indicated to his companions to get behind him as he raised his gun and aimed it towards the entrance to the room.
                                                                      He heard the light padding of the scythes feet on the carpet outside.
                                                                      He waited..

#35   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Whatever comfort the bed once had was lost in the many years the motel was left untouched. Kyle wouldn't be complaining though, he would rather be on the deflated bed than freezing his ass off in the snow.
                                                                        Kyle slowly opened his eyes, blinking a couple times to clear the blur. His pack was on the side, along with his rifle. His Glock was still in its holster, strapped the his leg. He got up and shook his head, listening for the telltale signs of a blizzard. Oddly enough, it was dead quiet outside. He walked over to the window and lifted a slat, peeking through. A thick fog had descended over the ruined city overnight.
                                                                        He left the window and slung his pack on over his shoulder. Fog or not, he couldn't stay anywhere to long without the Scythe coming to slice him up.
                                                                        Unable to see to far, Kyle picked a random direction and started pacing.

#36   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • AKA escout

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

((*picks up RP and dusts it off*))

Shane's POV

Shane woke the next morning to find Marcus still curled up against him, sleeping peacefully. Held held the younger mutant, gently stroking his hair, while looking out the restarunt to see that the storm had finally blown itself out. Shane spent a few more moments holding his young charge, before, with a sigh of reluctance, he gently shook the boy awake.

Marcus yawned and stretched his small form before looking up at Shane and grinning. "It's time to go now little one," Shane said.

Marcus nodded and climbed out of Shane's lap, then walked over to their bags and rummaged around in them looking for food. Finding none, he turned back to Shane and said, "We're all out of food Shane. Can we go hunting a little before we leave?"

Shane nodded, but being perhaps the only living people in the entire city would make food hard to come by. There were not many animals left alive in this eternal winter of a world, but what few there were, mostly lived in what remained of the wilderness.

With only one real option, they started out onto the packed frozen snow, to lure out a Sycthe or two.

#37   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Kyle held his breath and squeezed the trigger. The rifle gave off a sharp crack, and about 30 yards away, a Scythe dropped, minus the back of its head.
                                                                            Kyle let his breath out. "Headshot." he muttered. Kyle reached to his left and grabbed a small piece of metal and a rock. With the rock, he scratched on a tally mark on it, next to three others.
                                                                            He had been perched on the railing of some apartment for a couple of hours, killing Scythe as they came into view, all the while wondering what he was going to do next.
                                                                            Another Scythe appeared, investigating the death of the previous one. This Scythe lost it's arm. It screamed, and Kyle cursed himself before shutting it up for good.

#38   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                              • AKA escout

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

((you know, rereading this RP, it seems strangely reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead. Anyway, let's try and get this going again. Oh, and I've gotten bored of Kalis, so I'm just going to work with Shane from now on.))

Shane sighed in frustration as he stretched out in a cleared spot in the snow next to the fire. It had been two days since he and Marcus had left the empty restaurant. A very tiring two days. A few hours after leaving, they were attacked by a group of Scythe. They had managed to take down four of them and drive the others off, but Shane had taken a few heavy gashes that had left him very weakened. As a consequence, he had to feed from Marcus again. and almost killed the boy from how much blood he had taken. Hours later, shortly after they had left the city, Marcus had fallen ill with fever. So far, the kid was hanging in there. As the hours passed, Marcus fell into a fitful sleep as Shane carried him on his back down the empty frozen road.

Shane had no idea where they would go, but he knew he needed to find some medical help soon, although it was possible that all Marcus needed was rest to recuperate the blood he had lost. But all Shane could do was march on, stopping every few hours to bath the boy with snow to try and keep the fever down.

It had taken a day and a half, but he found a small shelter of humans. They were not happy to see a mutant like him, and tried to run them off. But then Marcus cried out in his fever dream and an old lady stepped forward offering to take the boy for treatment. The other refugees weren't happy, but she gave them some speech about helping others and it being the right thing to do and how she wanted to help the child. Turned out she was the wife of the village elder, so she had a fair amount of say. After another woman had carried Marcus away, the old woman told Shane that he would have to wait outside the community. That she was sorry, but they couldn't let him in on account that, most of, the refugees hated and despised anyone that was not human, and lumped mutants together with the Scythe.

So here he was, lying next to a fire a hundred yards from the shelter, safe house, whatever, in a bare spot in the snow and just short of moping about not having Marcus in his arms. In fact, he was feeling rather anxious. After what the old woman had said, he feared for Marcus's safety in the village. A crunch in the snow brought Shane back up to a sitting position as he drew his knife. But it turned out to be the old woman from earlier.

"You don't have to fret boy," the woman said, walking up and sitting on a log on the other side of the fire. "Your friend is recovering. He regained consciousness a short time ago before falling asleep. And his fever has broken."

Shane grunted as he put away the knife. "That's good to know. I thank you for your help."

"Of course child," the woman replied.

"And don't call me child, considering your wrinkles, I'm as old as you. I just don't look it."

"Your fox friend said something like that in his fevered state, calling out for you, that is, if your name is Shane."

"It is. But tell me, if your fellows hate mutants so much, why take him in, and is he safe?"

"He is safe, as to why help him, he may be a mutant, and I hate to use that term, but he is still a child. And I don't hate mutants. It's not fair to judge someone before you know them. Although I do hate the Scythe."

"Everyone hates the Scythe," Shane pointed out.

"It was a mutant that led a group of Scythe to our village five years ago. We are all that survived."

Shane snorted, "No wonder you hate mutants. I admit, in my past I've done things I'm not proud of now. I killed a lot of people to quench my thirst."

"Yes, the boy said something about you taking as much blood as you needed during one of the fever dreams. So you are-"

"Yes," Shane said. "I am vampiric . I drink the blood of others to survive."

The woman looked away a moment before saying, "Do you, need to feed yet?"

Shane glanced at her a moment before smirking slightly, "Are you offering?" At the woman's stunned look and stammered attempt to answer, Shane smiled and said, "Relax, I was joking, sorta. I don't need to feed for a little while. A couple days perhaps. By then, my friend will have hopefully recovered and we can leave."

"Where will you go?"

"Who knows," Shane replied. "It would be nice to find a safe place for us to settle down. But in this day and age, is anyplace in this frozen world safe?"

"I could talk to my husband and the council. If they think you could be trusted, they might let you stay here. It's dangerous out there."

"I've seen more than eighty years lady, most of it spent traveling across this frozen continent. I know how dangerous it can be. Scythe, mutants, feral beasts, even one psychotic carnivorous plant. It would be nice to at least be able to find a place to put up my feet and rest for a while."

"Resting awhile would be wise," the woman said standing up. "Your friend lost a lot of blood and will need more than a few days to completely recover." She then turned and walked back to the shelter. "Stay warm," she threw over her shoulder.

Shane grumbled incoherently as he hunkered down next to the fire and fed it more wood.

#39   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

Kyle woke up from a light sleep and started pacing around, trying to warm himself up before going outside again. After getting bored of killing Scythe, Kyle had moved on to continue exploring the city. Still he had not seen a human soul. Kyle was astounded, this city was huge, even though he had only wandered through a small fraction of it, there had to be somebody. Even a few frost-crazed savages would be a nice change from the countless Scythe he had seen.
                                                                                Maybe that was it. Maybe the Scythe had claimed the section and driven out the humans.
                                                                                Kyle forced the thought out of his mind. He would find somebody eventually. He just had to keep moving.
                                                                                After making sure his pistol was loaded and working, Kyle shouldered his harness and stepped outside into the frigid afternoon air.

A couple hours later, Kyle was standing in front of a 15 foot high makeshift wall, composing of cars, rubble, trash cans and other junk blocking off the entire street.
                                                                                "Weird." Kyle muttered to himself. "Who could have made this? Maybe I'm not as alone as I thought."

#40   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • AKA escout

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

Five hours latter, after what passed for sunrise, a young teen gently shook Shane awake. He hadn't intended to fall asleep, just rest his eyes, but now he was wide awake and glared at the boy in annoyance. Surprisingly unfaded by the glare, the boy stepped forward and said, "My grandmother asked me to fetch you and bring you inside. Your friend is awake."

Shane nodded and rolled away from the remains of the fire before standing up. As he beat the snow from his clothes, the boy looked at him nervously and said, "She has also told me to feed you if you need it."

Shane turned and faced the boy a moment, studying his face and seeing a weak front covering his fear. A slight smile spread across Shane's face, before walking up to the boy, who paled visibly. Reaching out a hand, he ruffled the boy's hair and said, "That won't be necasarry...yet." And with that, he trudged through the snow following the boy's tracks, smirking as he heard the boy sigh in relief before hurrying after him to lead the way.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic