• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Project Overview

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

In 2003, Golden Sun Syndicate was formed as the merger of the websites "Golden Sun Haven" and "Isaac's Revenge." Since then, the site has been left relatively untouched, with the content becoming stale and broken. To remedy this situation, I have decided to begin an effort to revamp and reorganize the website. However, to do this, I need the help and contributions of the community. The project will be broken into three components:

Component #1: Data Entry
    There is alot of content in the two GS games, and we need to collect it all, organize it, and enter it into a database. Having it all in a database will allow for easy manipulation and visualization for the actual pages. Using all available sources (existing GSS site, GS Realm, GameFAQs, various printed strategy guides, etc.), data must be entered into the database via a website administration page. For safety and trust reasons, I will filter registration and access to this site. Please see the following thread for more information: Component #1: Data Entry

Component #2: Media Gathering
    Much of the site content is not only text, but graphics and other media. The efforts of Fury Thr33, webmaster of the GS Sprites Archive (formerly known as Venus Lighthouse and Jupiter Lighthouse), has given us a huge library of in-game graphics. In addition, the spriters who helped with the GSW project have provided even more sprites. Yet, there is still more work to be done, especially with regards to recording in-game animations (summons, psynergies, etc.). Please see the following thread for more information: Component #2: Media Gathering

Component #3: Webpage Design
    With all the raw content and media assembled and ready for use, the actual website and pages must be designed and implemented. The overall site design has already been created by Andrew Hefter, aka Andross, and been implemented in HTML/CSS by me (Max). However, each individual page needs to be designed for optimal presentation and organization of content. Please see the following thread for more information: Component #3: Webpage Design

Bonus Component #4: Translation
    At this point in the project, we are not going to focus on translation much. Once component #1 (data entry) is complete, we will begin to make plans for translations. But if you are interested in helping to translate the site, please see the following thread for more information: Bonus Component: Translation

I ask that all members posting in this forum try to keep their posts constructive and on-topic, as we don't need superfluous posts slowing down the process.

Also, please be aware that there is a "hidden" sub-forum that is visible only to approved project contributors. This is to streamline the process and allow for efficient communication between active contributors. For trust and security reasons, I can't given everyone open access to the development site. To apply for access, you must read one of the threads associated with the various components for details.

This post has been edited by Max: 20 May 2007 - 11:50 AM
    Reason for edit: Updated links to other topics

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic