• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bonus Component: Translation

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

At this time, our main focus is on getting the site done in English, which is the primary language of all current site visitors. However, there are a number of sizable GS fan communities in other countries, and I would like to include them in our community in the future.

The site's design and underlying architecture has been created with internationalization in mind. I have already been in contact with a few individuals about translating the site into other languages, and I would like to reestablish those connections.

The only real requirements for a translator would be to own both GS games in the desired language, and be fluent in both English and the language. The translation job includes extracting names (of characters, items, locations, etc.) from the games and also translating site content (descriptions, beginner's guides, etc.).

If you would like to help translate GSS into another language, please post a reply in this thread. Please include what language you would like to work with, as well as your experience in both that language and English, and your experience with the GS games in that language. Finally, please be sure that you can make the time commitment necessary over the coming months. I don't expect a full translation by the English site launch, but you need to be sure you can handle the load over time.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic