Elite Beat Agents Nintendo DS

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

Wow, browsing around this week I've realised there are so few topics that interest me anymore so I think instead of doing what all the other knob-jockeys do and complaining about it all day I'll try and fix the problem by making topics myself. This morning I received my import copy of Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 better known in the west as Elite Beat Agents. It's a rhythm game where you must use the touch screen to hit points during the game to the beat of the music. It's basically like playing Dance Dance Revolution with a stylus, and the concept works surprisingly well. This game is one of the hottest imports after Katamari Damacy and the main reason for this seems to be the fact that people want the Japanese version since it has better music. I would much rather listen to popular J-Rock/J-Pop titles than some ridiculously boring Madonna song.

I'm too lazy to check if this game is out in America yet but it's still twenty days from release in Europe. If you're looking for a whacky and amusing game to play this may well be worth an import or as a last measure you could buy the western version. The DS is naturally nothing short of whacky titles but this is probably one of the best executed so far, check it out.

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

I've come across this game several times while searching songs on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, I don't own a DS and probably won't be getting one out of my own money.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

I think it's out in America. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I doubt I'll actually pick it up; I'm not made of money so I can't pick up every odd game that I'm interested in.

#4   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Me111

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

I've heard of it before. I just want to know if it beats the strangeness of We Love Katamari.

#5   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

Yup, it's been out for a few months in America. I played it a couple times at a kiosk, and, while it was fun, I don't think I would buy it. Maybe playing it on something other than a DS Lite with a screen so scratched up it looks like a cat ate it would help.

#6   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

To answer the question, no it's not as awesome as Katamari Damacy, that game was made of pure Nemphtis. Anyway since my import copy arrived from Japan I've been playing it for brief moments when I wake up in the morning and such, this game seems most enjoyable when you play it in short bursts for some reason. I'm glad I've experienced it, and I'm not bored of it yet but I suppose that's just a matter of time. I was trying to get the she-devil (AKA my mother) to play it, but her giant horns were getting in the way so she couldn't time the beats properly and failed miserably. You can tell where I got my gaming skillz from, hm?

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic