Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New York City Ever been to the Big Apple?

Poll: New York City

I have...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

No idea why I'm creating this topic, but I was just curious.

I've lived here in the city for most of my life (my parents immigrated here when I was less than a year old), and despite that, I don't think I'm as exposed to the "stereotypical" NYC that most people think of. I rarely go out into the financial district of Manhattan, for example, which has the famous landmarks and skyscrapers associated with the traditional city image.

I instead live in one of the more suburban boroughs (called Queens). At any rate, I was wondering, have you ever lived/visited NYC? If so, which part, what did you see, what did you think of it?

~3100~

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Been there, in the big city. I was... maybe 10-ish.

I didn't like New York much, I hate big cities with the huge buildings and dirty streets. But then again, my father was leading us and he's not the best tour guide ever. He takes to all the least fun stuff you can think of. :P

#3   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

New York is one of my favorite places to go. I have a lot of cousins/relatives there, so i'm generally in and out of that place from time to time. If my plan goes well, i'll even be going to college there. :P

#4   Caael 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:54 PM

I've been there...in Spiderman 2 on GC...

My older brother and sister have been, but they said it wasnt as good sas they expected. Everybody sees it as an amazing place, but it's really just another city ( and state). The only thing of interest there is the Nintendo world building ( or w/e it is called)

#5   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Me111

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

I'd love to go, but I never have been. It's just looks so awesome and has so much history. Still maybe one day...

#6   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I've lived in New York State all my life and I've never been to The City. I'm almost proud that I can give and emphatic "No" when someone asks me if I've been to NYC. I suppose that's kind of offensive, but it bothers me that most people aren't even aware that New York is a state. (And the capital is freaking Albany dangit! No one knows that.) And the ways that NYC domineers the state are kind of annoying. The state is conservative, the City is liberal, so we get liberal representatives all the time. And State Ed. always screws us over because city kids are stupid. Sorry if I ruined your topic with my nonsensical whining, but I've got a lifetime of bitterness to work through on this subject.

#7   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

^ It's actually very true. In fact, people here often joke that NYC should become its own states, simply because the affairs of the entire state are balanced towards it. I'm in no way saying that NYC is as great as it is hyped up to be, I especially believe that it's not.

However, there is no denying that the city has perhaps the greatest diversity of the people in the entire world - you really have to see it for yourself to understand. In fact, it's been called one of the 3 major global cities in the world: NYC, London, and Tokyo comprise the spectrum of large, culturally distinct and profound urban areas in the world that simply can't be found elsewhere.

#8   Jack 

• Squire
                • Pip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Interests:Fire Emblem and other video games, skateboarding, biking, swimming, hanging out with friends, filming us doing stupid (and very painful) things.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

I live on Long Island, and we go to the city alot. My mom works there, so she's there daily.

#9   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

That's cool Jack. Is it Nassau or Suffolk County that you live in?

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic