• You cannot reply to this topic

Raymond E. Feist

#1   Neo 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

To be honest, it suprises me that there are no topics about this author, although he is -- at least, in my opinion -- the best Fantasy writer, together with Robin Hobb.

The most interesting fact about Feist, is that his whole collection of books focusses on one immense storyline, with the same characters (of course, as time goes by, some die and some are born). It starts out with the trilogy The Riftwar Saga, which is still the best at this point, debuting with his most amazing book ever, called Magician, which follows a boy named Pug in his journey in becoming one of the most powerful magicians. It may sound dull, but the way Feist writes, and how the storyline folds, is simply said fantastic.

At this point I've read every single book of Feist, which is a total of 24 books (excluding the book Fairy Tail, which is seperate and does not fall within the storyline of the existing books. And then there is one trilogy from which part three hasn't been released yet). In book one, it starts out with Pug, and at this point Pug is still alive, over 200 years old (in the book Rage of a Demon King Pug comes in contact with an object called the Lifestone, which gives him back his youth).

There is only one slight problem with Feist, the last few books. His books are starting to become dull. Easy reads, a few days per book, but the story is simply said boring. Pug used to be my alltime favorite character, but at this point he simply isn't anymore. While Feist is busy with the third installment of the Darkwar Saga, I'm rereading every book, and at this point I must say that Robert is still my favorite character, followed by Prince Arutha and Tomas.

Enough blabbering, as I want to hear your opinions about Feist and his masterpieces!!

#2   Folcon 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
      • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

I've only read three of his books, Talon of the Silver Hawk, King of Foxes, and Exile's Return. I found them to be fairly good reads. I like how Exile's Return ends, When Pug and someother guy enter a cave and find thousands of those terminator like machine things, I can't remember off hand what they were called, abd they see them and they are like, "Oh ****, this is a problem." I thought to myself, what an understatement. I wish I could get my hands on more of them to read, but the library only has like two of his other works. My favorite charater that I have read thou is Talwin Hawkins. He is bad ass.

#3   Neo 

• Disciple
        • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

Ah yes, the Conclave of Shadows trilogy. If you think those books were good, read the Riftwar Saga, where you will also read the full history of Pug. Nakor is introduced in the book Prince of the Blood of the Krondor's Sons books, if I remember correctly. The following saga (Darwar Saga is in which the war about the Talnoy continues (although you hardly see the Talnoy in those books). Part three is still in progress.

I advise you to buy Magician, the very first book, and then continue reading like this (in sagas and trilogies, not seperate books).

Saga/trilogy names in order of reading;
        1. Riftwar Saga
        2. krondor trilogy (also named Riftwar Legacy)
        3. Krondor's Sons
        4. The Empire Trilogy
        5. The Serpentwar Saga
        6. Conclave of Shadows
        7. Darkwar Saga

then there is the Legends of the Riftwar, which can be read at any place after the Riftwar Saga, as they are three seperate books within the Riftwar saga.

#4   Folcon 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
          • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

the challenge is finding them at the library. my local one does not have them all. and some are not even in the system.

#5   Neo 

• Disciple
            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

I bought every single book ;). Try the bookstoors, and otherwise try the internet!

#6   Folcon 

• Master Adept
              • AKA escout

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

I'll look the next time I go. But I'd rather try to get them from the library when I can to save money incase I don't like the book.

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic