Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Smaller Games

#1   Xelina 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

As my title can tell you, there are many games out there that isn't, well, just as well known. If you personally love a game which you think deserve a little more attition, well, here is the place to tell us about such games and adverize you love for it. :P

[My Example]:.________________________________________

A game which I think it not well known is Atelier Iris 1, 2, and now 3. True, it got a few fans to have 3 in the serise, but it isn't as well known as... let say Final Fantasy or the Tales of game.

The three games has nothing to do with each other but their basic concept is the same. It is a turn-base RPG, but it's systhesis system and mana system can give a twist. First of all, you gather food and items to make your own food, medication, and weapones. Second, with the power of mana, you get to raise character's stats as well as solvepuzzles and gain new ability depends on which character you equipe said mana on.

I only played the 1 and 3 but it's quirky character and unique designs keeps me laughing though out both of the story. If you have some free time, this is one of the games I recommand you to pick up cause it is a funny and fun old time RPG to play. ^_^

So now I shared my, what games do you all think deserves a little more attition then it had got?

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

Don't you mean Atelier Iris?

#3   Xelina 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

blarg, Yes i do. D:

*fixes*

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

F-Zero GX. The game is far from small, as it's packed with tons of unlockables, including vehicles, tracks, music, custom vehicle parts, profiles, movies...

It was obviously a very high-budget game, the excellent graphics and sound/music give that away. I do NOT understand why it sold so badly, this is one of THE best games I've ever played. The dynamic music, which might be some of the best VG music I've ever heard, really gives the game a great atmosphere, and the replayability is awesome, since F-Zero GX is hard as nails, and it'll take a lot of practice to be able to beat the Master difficulty. Amusement Vision has really outdone themselves.

This game is worth any amount of money, and although the multiplayer isn't as good as Mario Kart's, you'll have a ton of fun playing F-Zero GX.

#5   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

I'm pretty sure that people didn't like it because it was insanely hard. Or maybe that was some other F-Zero...But I think it was that one.

Contact: While not as un-hyped as others, a lot of people don't know what this game is. It's innovative "contact the game world" concept actually started me thinking, unlike other games. The combat is new, and doesn't rely on button mashing, the graphics are wonderful, and there are all sorts of underlying subjects in it. I'm not sure how well it sold, but I'm betting it was not too much. Coming from Grasshopper and Suda 51, the people behind Killer 7, it has to be good, but not many people bought it.

Pretty much the same thing with Electroplankton. It is a beautiful game, yet not many people bought it. I can understand this a little better than Contact though, because you have to be a certain kind of person to like this game.

#6   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

View PostFlamingDuck, on Jun 7 2007, 12:05 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that people didn't like it because it was insanely hard. Or maybe that was some other F-Zero...But I think it was that one.

Yes, this is that F-Zero. It's extremelly hard, but if I was able to unlock every single thing in the game, and that means having to finish GP's on Master difficulty with some of the very bad vehicles, than others can do it too.

#7   Caael 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

Zelda games :blink:

Pikmin. Aren't too little, but they didn't sell nearly enough as it should have. Dammit, lack of Nintendo ad's. Great game and if anybody critisizes it for being too short, I will actually kill them.

#8   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                  • AKA escout

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

I agree with FD, I just got Contact a few days ago, and it is very well made.

I have to say the Breath of Fire games. They were pretty cool. I think the first was better than the second, but both have a good storyline and interesting characters.

#9   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:09 AM

Tales Of Symphonia. It's awesome, and my favourite game ever, but the PS2 version overshadowed it with a few new features. Damn you PS2.

#10   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Me111

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

I would have thought that Tales of Symphonia came into the category of well known games.
                      I've always felt that the 'Destroy All Humans' series isn't as popular as it should be. It's a fun series, even if the second game was a bit weaker than the original.

#11   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:00 AM

TOS sold well, but the PS2 version overshadowed it.

#12   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                          • AKA escout

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

You talking about Tales of Legendia, that game sucked. I mean, the story was alright, I guess, and the voice acting was adaquite, but I hated the 2D, left/right, battle system. Espesaly after playing ToS and being used to the more 3D battle system.

#13   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Me111

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

Actually they did make a PS2 version of Symphonia, but I thought that was only Japan.

#14   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

It was, and that version was released about a year after the GC one. So you can't really say the GameCube game was overshadowed by the PS2 game.

#15   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Me111

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:50 AM

But if the new one has more features you would really want that one wouldn't you?

#16   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:47 AM

Of course, but only if I didn't get the original version. Still, you can't say the GC version was overshadowed, if that was the only console you could get the game for about a year, and only Japan got this better version.

#17   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

I suppose...

Metroid Zero Mission. Just because it's a remake, doesn't mean that it's just an updated version. It's still an awesome game.

#18   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Me111

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

Out of new experiences I'd say Chocobo Tales. The game itself is fairly good, but WiFi battles are surprisingly enjoyable.

Page 1 of 1
                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                      • You cannot reply to this topic