Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Life In Your City....

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

...is boring, slow, dull, exciting, can't complain, etc.
    For me, being a Torontonian (lol ignore that word) is rather dull. I fell like I am doing the same thing everyday. Nothing new (that I know of) is happening in Toronto, except for the power surges that we're getting. It's like every damn 30 mins we get a power surge and the power goes off and comes back on a second later. It's annoying.

There is one thing I love about Toronto,the different kinds of food I can enjoy. Hmmmm, yeah that's the good stuff. Tell me about your city.....so that I can hunt you down. :)

#2   Yuki 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Members
      • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hollywood? Streets of gold and stars all around? Nope.

Here, it's hot. It's sticky and you often cough from the fumes. It's dirty and there are practially no good areas. There's not a forest for miles and nowhere to meet any decent people. The LA river? Dried out. California fires? Ashes rain down more than water. The valley? More like a deathtrap. It's horrible here. I've never been in a blackout but I have been in about 3 earthquakes. The first language here is spanish. My school? The people are rude and hippies. They all smoke pot in the bathrooms and snort cocaine before essays. I've heard the conversations. I absolutely HATE where I live.

D:

#3   gsninja 

• Master Adept
        • Group: Moderator
        • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

It's sad that you hate where you live. =|

I live in a city called Calabasas, in LA County. Very peaceful, and my neighborhood is surrounded by a bunch of trees. =D I don't live in a big city, and there's no violence or anything, so it's all good. Overall, I really like where I live.

#4   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

Props to Yuki for making me feel like I live in the greatest place on Earth.

I live in Springwater in Livingston County. (Yeah, none of you have ever heard of either of those...) It's a great place if you're not big on human contact. There are about a hundred people in the township, I can probably name forty of them. There's pretty much nothing to do in the way of... anything. Which explains why I spend so much time on the computer. The thing I like about it is the scenery. Like a bazzilion years ago glaciers came and beat the crap out of this place. That left us with all kinds of mountains, valleys, lakes and other cool landscape stuff to look at. Plus the whole place is covered in old-growth forests, which give a lot of natural beauty to the place. I really appreciate it. When you're trapped in your house by the complete lack of anything entertaining within a half-hour drive, it's nice to have something pretty to look out the window at.

#5   Yuki 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

View Postgsninja, on Jun 13 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

It's sad that you hate where you live. =|

I live in a city called Calabasas, in LA County. Very peaceful, and my neighborhood is surrounded by a bunch of trees. =D I don't live in a big city, and there's no violence or anything, so it's all good. Overall, I really like where I live.

Near Northridge?

o_O;

@Plat: Dude, it's that bad >_> but where I actually LIVE...my neighbors hate me & it's all asians =O In my earlier post, I was talking about the general area itself. x_X;

#6   PDM 

• Disciple
              • AKA lifeform288

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:30 AM

I'm a vancouverite (Ignore THAT word.)

Midget skyscrapers, forests, and indian reserves (my home!), asians (90% of the city)..

I guess it's okay, I have no complaints, other than the fact that it sucks penis outside of my neighborhood.

Richmond is where I spend most of my time away from home.

#7   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

Woot, first poster that lives outside the USA.

I live in Belgrade, the capitol city of Serbia, a small and relatively poor country at the southeast of Europe. Life in Belgrade is pretty great actually. Always stuff to do and always places to go. Whatever the kind of entertainment you enjoy, you've got it here. If you wish to spend all night partying you have tons of places to do that. If you want to spend all night playing PC games you can do that too, by just turning up at these lan party type of things.

The city itself is quite ugly and poluted though, but I live in a nice, peaceful and pretty clean neighborhood with plenty of foliage. The city isn't huge, so you can easily get to whatever destination you have in mind by bus, which are the worst part of Belgrade. They are always dirty, old and chock full of people.

All in all, I love Belgrade.

#8   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

I'm a Mancunian. (Manchester)

I personally think its great. I live pretty much right near the outskirts, yet it still only takes me 15/20 minutes to get in by train from my village. Theres plenty of shops (Arndale shopping center), loads of nice places to eat and good places to hang out: (Place called Urbis usually has over 300 emos/goths/moshers/whatavers) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Ca...dens_Subculture

Since its probably the second or third biggest city in England, there is pretty much at least on of every store somewhere within easy reach of the city center (including Afflecks' palace) www.afflecks-palace.co.uk, and being a big city means that most bands 'UK Tours' stop in Manchester as well, and there are some great venues (Apollo, MEN Arena)

#9   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                    • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

Deleware. I don't really live in a town/city, or even a neighborhood. But yeah, I like where I live, although there's not too much to do. Everywhere I normally go to is ~15 minutes away, which is nice. The cities around me suck though. So many crackheads and heroin addicts. It's sad.

#10   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Me111

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

My city, the mighty... Bromsgrove, isn't particulary exciting. A few too many chavs, but there everywhere aren't they?
                      It's perfectly nice, but not very exciting.

#11   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                        • AKA escout

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

I'm from some unicorperated stick, somewhere in central Florida. Not much to do here that's nearby. By that I mean in walking distance, no car and no bus stops nearby. The only entertainment in my area is the local library, and a bowling alley. When I can get a ride, there's the mall, but everything there gets sorta ho-hum after a while, apart from BookaMillion and EBgames.

Beyond that, there's the unipressive beach. Burning sand, ciggerate buts everywhere, dumb f**** who feed the f****** seagulls, and real s**** swells for body boarding, let alone surffing for those that are into it. And after twenty-one years, the beach is just sorta boring to me. Just like Disney. I've been there so many times, I've just lost intrest. Makes me wish a could find a good place far away, as in out of Florida, preferably out of the Southeastern US, to go on a vacation to.

#12   R-dog 

• Lord
                        • PipPipPipPip
                          • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

I live in a stereotypical suburban town in (you guessed it) Boring Ol' Connecticut, USA. There's a whole bunch of modest-sized homes here. Pretty much every part of town looks exactly the same as every other part of town (unless you're on Main Street or near the mall). I'm pretty fit, so I walk wherever I go (also because I can't drive). But the only thing to do here is hang out with friends and some of mine live in neighboring towns (means it's too far to walk :silence: ). I guess my town's not too small actually, but it feels like it because I've lived here my whole life.

#13   PDM 

• Disciple
                            • AKA lifeform288

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Jun 14 2007, 05:32 AM, said:

I live in Belgrade, the capitol city of Serbia, a small and relatively poor country at the southeast of Europe. Life in Belgrade is pretty great actually. Always stuff to do and always places to go. Whatever the kind of entertainment you enjoy, you've got it here. If you wish to spend all night partying you have tons of places to do that. If you want to spend all night playing PC games you can do that too, by just turning up at these lan party type of things.

The city itself is quite ugly and poluted though, but I live in a nice, peaceful and pretty clean neighborhood with plenty of foliage. The city isn't huge, so you can easily get to whatever destination you have in mind by bus, which are the worst part of Belgrade. They are always dirty, old and chock full of people.

You're the second poster from outside the USA. l2p

#14   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                              • Group: Admin

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Jun 14 2007, 08:32 AM, said:

Sounds great Aqua, I do really hope to visit there someday.

Been in college myself now for nearly two months, here in Boston, and it's so different than NYC. For one thing, diversity in terms of race and even lifestyle isn't as large here. Whereas in NYC you will find every race and ethnicity represented, Boston has a strong white, Catholic, Irish influence. It isn't bad by any means, but it takes some getting used to - especially when the Chinatown here is something you can walk through within ten minutes, but the one in NYC for example would require the metro to get around.

Boston's also much smaller, but it also benefits from being a huge college town (over 60+ universities in and around the greater metropolitan area), which leads to a noticeably younger group of people here, which is pleasant.

#15   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:52 AM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Oct 26 2007, 07:50 PM, said:

Sounds great Aqua, I do really hope to visit there someday.

Don't know really why though, there are some much prettier and more interesting cities in Europe.

#16   Laharl 

• Banned
                                  • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                  • Interests:research it
                                  • AKA Dullahan

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:54 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Oct 27 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

Don't know really why though, there are some much prettier and more interesting cities in Europe.

because most have around a 1000 years of history perhaps?

The town i live is officially the worst in the region...

seriously, i must know less than 20 people who arent retarded chavs...

i despise it, i have to go to the next town to find a pub that isnt populated with utter pricks

#17   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

Wear massive shoes, go to the gym and wear shades and grow stubble. They will piss themselves when you slam through the door.

#18   Iloverpgs 

• Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPip
                                      • Interests:Life

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

Central Minnesota is where I live and I think it's ok compared to what everyone else thinks of there town. St.Cloud born and raised, and I still love it here. 60,000 people, 11,000 in the nearby towns. Of course it gets boring but that's anywhere you go. I find that mostly anywhere I go I can usually find the most out of the place i'm at due to being social and asking questions and stuff. Unless of course i'm at a town where there's like 10 peoples in it but then again I wouldn't visit that kind of area for more then minutes because I am a city person.

#19   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                                      • PipPipPipPip
                                        • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

Northern California. Sonoma State is not located in the town of Sonoma, in fact. It's in a small little town called Rohnert Park and no one probably knows where that is....If you know where Napa is (which is the wine capital of the US West coast) then you can figure where Sonoma is.

I'm originally from another small rural town called Livermore which is 2 hrs from SSU. People call it "baby Napa" because it is also well known for its wine. Livermore is pretty boring (hence why we call it "Liversnore") but if you are creative enough, you can figure it out. Don't get me wrong, I love my hometown and it was definitely a great place to grow up. But I'm planning on going down south to LA county or San Diego or somewhere else in the Bay Area, like Walnut Creek after I graduate.

(I love how all of us small town people have nothing fascinating to say about our hometowns, haha)

#20   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                          • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:59 PM

Brahaha, Australia owns you all.
                                          I live in Sydney.
                                          Greatest place on earth? No, but it's pretty good!
                                          Close to hundreds of different foods, cultures, and types of people.
                                          Pretty much the capital of Australia (nobody cares about canberra) so we get all the good music.
                                          And I live close to two great skateparks, and within riding distance of the CBD.
                                          I (l) Sydney.

#21   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPip
                                            • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

Yea, Australia is pretty awesome. My goal is to go there one day and hold a Koala.

I had an exchange student from Australia my 2nd year of high school and people kept asking her "do you have kangaroos in your backyard?" It would piss her off so much. So, do you have kangaroos in your backyard? hahaha

#22   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                              • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.
                                              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

My town's pretty boring and small (about 16500), but it's growing fairly quickly.
                                              We've also got the largest runway in the northwest, and I think the 3rd or 5th largest in america. All I kow is that it is/was almost/was one of the landing strips for the space shuttle.
                                              And one of the diehard movies was almost filmed here. Because of the runway. But we didn't have enough snow that year.
                                              And Britney spears performed here a LONG time ago.

#23   Envy 

• Gallant
                                              • PipPipPip
                                                • Interests:Playing the bassoon

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

I live in a boring town in Oklahoma, slightly South of a boring city.

What can I say? Oklahoma is a really boring place. There's a few charms about it, I suppose. Like the marching band I was a part of, and now the college I'm a part of. They have some great professors there that really know how to teach. Or at least they can teach in a way I can understand. Which is all I need, lol. Yeah, but after my two years in the community college is over, I hope to leave this state.

#24   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:48 PM

Langley. Chances are you tell someone you live here, and they'll say "Where?"

It's a great place. It's got malls, places to eat, civic stuff. It's a great place to live really. You've got to watch out for the occasional black limo infront of 7-11 trying to sell you drugs though.

#25   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                    • Location:Northern California

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

View PostNosferatu, on Nov 5 2007, 11:48 PM, said:

You've got to watch out for the occasional black limo infront of 7-11 trying to sell you drugs though.

Gotta love that small town charm, right?

#26   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                      • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                      • AKA watch

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:54 AM

View PostLemontime, on Nov 6 2007, 07:59 AM, said:

Brahaha, Australia owns you all.
                                                      I live in Sydney.
                                                      Greatest place on earth? No, but it's pretty good!
                                                      Close to hundreds of different foods, cultures, and types of people.
                                                      Pretty much the capital of Australia (nobody cares about canberra) so we get all the good music.
                                                      And I live close to two great skateparks, and within riding distance of the CBD.
                                                      I (l) Sydney.

Yea right Sydney is the captial of Australia. Melbourne for the win!
                                                      You seriously can't beat Victoria, my map of Australia only includes Victoria. :P

#27   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:34 AM

View PostWild Fox, on Nov 5 2007, 11:15 PM, said:

My goal is to go there one day and hold a Koala.

Wow, what a great life goal... :/

#28   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

My life dream is to appear on Top Gear as a famous guy and beat Jimmy Carr's top time on the leaderboard for famous lap times. ( He's at the top)

#29   redchi 

• Gallant
                                                          • PipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 24-October 07
                                                            • Location:ottawa,ont,canada

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

meh were i live is boring for the most part

#30   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                              • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                              • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

Kingston Ontario. Original Canadian capitol. Crime capitol of Canada(per capita(I think that is the word. WHat it means is that if we had as many people as Toronto, we would have more crime than them.)) Most prisons in all of Canada. Home town of Dan Akroyd, Bryan Adams, Don Cherry, The Tragically Hip, Doug Gilmore.

130,000 people.

Page 1 of 1
                                                              • You cannot start a new topic
                                                              • You cannot reply to this topic