Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sphere RPG development with JavaScript

#1   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Sphere

Sphere is basically a game development tool that is JavaScript powered. It's inclined towards RPGs, but I guess you could use it for other purposes. You can create all the sprites and stuff from scratch, or you can import them. As far I can tell so far, it's pretty powerful, but takes a long time to get results. So far, I'm halfway done a patheti tle trading quest game...It's a good summer project, though.

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Cool! I'm gonna try it out as sson as I get the chance.

#3   Max 

• Administrator
        • Group: Admin

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

Sphere has been around for quite awhile. I remember evaluating it along with other RPG making tools (such as the infamous RPG Maker 97 and others) way back almost 5 or 6 years ago. I see it's undergone some changes, but I found that it required a non-trivial amount of programming knowledge and skill to make something with it, compared to RPGM's most graphical style.

#4   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I completely lied when I said half done. Maybe about 10%, now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/flamingduck33/gamescreenshothouseandpost.png

That's what it's looking like so far. I stole the dirt colors from Golden Sun, and I'm thinking of replacing the guy with someone from GS, simply because it's so much easier when the works already done for you.

#5   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Veterans
            • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
            • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Awesomesauce. I'll test the demo.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic