• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Gsw Vision

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

As I progress in the planning and research stage of the new GSW project, I want to seek the opinion of all the future players. It would be foolish of me to spend months working on a game just to find out that everyone expected something else. So I ask that everyone please post a reply to the following questions. Feel free to comment on each others' responses, but try not to get off-topic or distract from the main purpose of this post.

Having said that, I ask that you do two things:
    • Pretend you are the creator/owner of your ideal GSW. Please give a one or two sentence description of your game.
    • Now, as a future user/player of GSW, list what features you would like to find in it. Describe what you imagine doing every time you log on. What would be your main reason for returning to play often?
    Thank you in advance for all of your replies, and I would like to hear all suggestions and ideas you have.

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

1. The one thing I know for sure about GSW is that it is not a cheap mirror of Second Life or any other of those pseudo-reality worlds. It's about the community plain and simple, no more bells and whistles than it needs.

2. Visually I don't expect to be knocked off my chair as it was based on a GBA game. What I do expect is a place where I can wander about that forgotten Golden Sun environment again. A spot where I can interact with other people as well as NPCs that might have occasion to do a bit more than walk in circles waiting for a random adventurer to show up so that they might offer the one fortune-cookie statement that defines their existence. I see some mini-games, perhaps a battle arena or somesuch. Basically, what I expect is a brief distraction. A lunch-break-sized escape from reality. The kind we all need from time to time.

#3   Xelina 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

1. An interactive game which players can play mini-games against each other or NPC's, buy items to deck yourself out, or battle based on the game Golden Sun.

2. What I am interested in this game is....

a) Able to add items to my ava and it'll show up
        b ) Change the hair color to different colors and is able to change the hair style.
        c) Fun Mini-games to be able to play against a NPC or another player
        d) A battle system would be nice
        e) Maybe a room to deck out.
        f) Emotions!
        g) Dinji Pets?
        h) Pet games using pet. X3;

I think that is it. I'll add on to it if I think of others... ^^; Hope that was helpful.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

1. A little vague about what you want from us. I guess, just a free-form sandbox type game that you can just run around and do what you want. The community is really what's going to count.

2. Above all else, I really want to see some cooperative/competitive minigames in GSW, with some prizes that really DO things and is more than just a visual treat in your inventory. Sort of like those balloons in the server tests, but more? I'd also like to see apartment rooms to own in GSW where we can stuff furniture and show off to your friends. I also hope that the collision boundaries that were persistent in the server tests are fixed. Those were really terrible. I don't personally care for an advanced battle system in GSW, though I'm sure others would. What would be really fun is an arena where you can use some items you won as prizes from minigames to deal out some abuse to other people's avatars. Some ideas I have would be a big hammer to pound (push) other avatars away, some swords to stab other people and make them fall for a second, and some bow & arrows to disorient other characters. This wouldn't be a real competitive battle, but just a chaotic (and hopefully hilarious) free-for-all where you can show off some items you won. It's just a thought, and hopefully easier to code than a real battle system.

This post has been edited by Wind Dude: 30 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

#5   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
            • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
            • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

1. A "visual" online chatroom of sorts where you can walk around and talk to people, play minigames against eachother, and hang out.

2. Minigames, including something similar to Colosso, but people can have teams of up to four, and maybe some sort of maze game. But I'd like to see more than just two or three minigames.

Maybe once GSW gets off it's feet, and people start to flock towards it, than I'd like to see more than one "town" instead of just expanding the "current" one. Either a teleport pad to travel to different towns, a boat that leaves port every ten minutes or so to take people between two sides of a lake (and they can walk around on an overworld map to get to different towns), or both.

Apartment rooms like WD suggested, but to access a certain room, it must either be yours, or you must have permission to acess it. To get to a room, you must talk to the person at the desk in an Inn, and select the room you want from a list of rooms that you are allowed access to.

As far as avatars go, you should be able to select any character from Golden Sun, playable or NPC, and be able to change the color of their hair, eyes, skin, clothes, etc.

A Chaotic sort of battle game would be interesting, but from my knowledge, a turn based battle would be far more easier to code (one of the reasons why they were used in earlier RPG's), but I'd be happy with either one.

It'd be cool to be able to win items from minigames as long as they have a purpouse. Like maybe winning furniture for your apartment, or some sort of weapon you could use in a battle game or some other minigame.

I wouldn't expect to see all of these by the next server test, but it'd be nice to see some of the simpler ones implemented.

#6   Blink 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:39 AM

1. GSW would be an interactive chatroom made to recreate a generic town (or maybe later on, a specific one) from Golden Sun. A chatting and overworld psynergy based engine would lead to real-time minigames, which could potentially unlock more overworld psynergy.

2. I want to run around in GSW someday, bopping people on the head with Stomp psynergy, shooting them into the air with a water stream like Alex, and meanwhile yucking it up with a bunch of friends as we tried to cast whirlwind on eachother.

I want to cast invisible and run out of sight of that guy that keeps stalking me.

I want to play competitive minigames against friends, or co-op minigames with friends. The whole game is multiplayer based after all.

And above all: I want it to be seamless. A menu wouldn't pop up when I played a gambling game, instead, the gambling box would have a word bubble pop up over it just live everything else. I wouldn't get transported to another room to play a game, I would walk through a door and into that room. All we need is a really good engine and a little bit of wisdom putting together some scenarios that take advantage of that engine, and if that happens, all the psynergy can become part of the minigames, which really is what I'm hoping for most.

Then again, this is all based on the idea of overworld psynergy being in GSW, which I've talked about some before, and lately I've come to realize (for me) would make GSW a lot more fun.

#7   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                • AKA watch

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

1. GSW is a creation based on the popular GBA series Golden Sun. In light of the proababilty of the series having ended, this is a friendly interactive fan game designed as a source of entertainment.

2. A feature to see (if it exists) the players GSS name.
                Minigames.
                Some sort of 'movement' ie, move to the right side of the screen, new screen appears with new stuff.
                Being able to cast overworld Psyenergy. Ie, pound on a player, stunning them...
                Friend list?
                Something to spend the gold on, and a way to earn the gold.

Max I'm sure it'll be great.

Edit- We need some sort of report system, I.E, others impersonationg GSS members, being rude, obnoxius, tossers in general. And (excuse me if this sounds snobish) I think it should primarily be a GSS member thing. Having randoms with power to 'perscute' would be bad IMO.

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:08 AM

1. GSW is, simply said, an advanced chatroom. It is a place where one can come to have fun talking and playing mini-games with their friends.

2. Having a kind of inn where many people would gather would be good, especially if it had a jukebox that played Golden Sun music. Everyone could choose what song they want to listen to, but the chosen song would be played only after everyone else's, who have chosen before you, have.

Being able to have a collection of GS weapons, simply for the sake of having it. It would be viewable by everybody, and some weapons would be extremely rare and valuable. I believe people would try to have a good collection, and it would be a good reason to spend your gold and play mini-games. Boasting to people because you have a Sol Blade would be great.

As stated above by other GSSF members, many fun mini-games, some of which are co-operative and others in which you have to fight other players. Having a treasure hunting game from time to time in the whole town would be interesting.

Now, possibly the two most important things: Adding new mini-games, items and other things from time to time, to make people coming back for more.

And trying to advertise all over the web, in order for more people to know of and join GSW. It should be advertised as a chatroom for everyone, not just Golden Sun fans.

#9   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

View PostBlink, on Jul 30 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

I want to run around in GSW someday, bopping people on the head with Stomp psynergy, shooting them into the air with a water stream like Alex, and meanwhile yucking it up with a bunch of friends as we tried to cast whirlwind on eachother.
                    I'm totally for overworld psynergy, but I think it would be a little annoying to have it just be usable everywhere. What if you just want to get from Point A to Point B whilst you in town? I wouldn't want that noob using Pound on me while I'm just trying to walk. That's why I think the Arena I mentioned earlier is a good idea. Just a place where you can show off all the items/psynergy you collected.

#10   Blink 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Jul 31 2007, 11:18 AM, said:

I'm totally for overworld psynergy, but I think it would be a little annoying to have it just be usable everywhere. What if you just want to get from Point A to Point B whilst you in town? I wouldn't want that noob using Pound on me while I'm just trying to walk. That's why I think the Arena I mentioned earlier is a good idea. Just a place where you can show off all the items/psynergy you collected.

Hence the ability to go invisible. :P Maybe throw in a "no psynergy" option too that disables others' psynergy on you at the expense of your own psynergy, or "Arena only" where it could only be used for or against you with minigames.

It's possible too that you could only use psynergy if someone was still in front of you for 3 seconds or something, which would make for a good, strategic battle system in this Arena idea, where you would have to plan ahead.

Either way, it would certainly have some means to disable it, so you wouldn't run into those issues.

#11   Focus 

• New User

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

I would like a place were you can chat and play mini-games etc. just like we all mention, but also a world map, it dous not have to be big,With some places were you can train and gain lvls and find gold.
                        with the gold you can buy equipment and in the Arena you can fight against other players and earn more gold and your oppenents equipment or something like that. Also make quests were you can gain djinnies wich will make your char strongerr and with more djinnies make the char get a specified class. And of course the world map psyenergie is fun of use ^^!
                        and the idea of difrents of armor is cool too!
                        a party option would be cool 2, so you can make partys and train with a group...

well thats the way i would like it ^^

i hope you guys think the same!

#12   Toasty 

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

I don't think many of us, if any, want this to become an MMORPG like Mapple Story or Runescape, so I say no to haveing places where you can lvl up. But I think that you could possibly raise your status by winning minigames, and the new higher status might come with new psyenergy. Like in the beginning you might start out with pound, whirlwind, and cloak, and as you go up in status by playing minigames, you might learn earthquake or plasma.

Of course, even that might make it too much of an MMORPG, but it probably would give people more of a reason to come back.

#13   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

To be honest, I'd be content with whatever direction GSW goes in. But, to stick to the formula...

1) Bits and pieces of what everyone before me has said. An "advanced chatroom" with members (represented by sprites) interacting together. That's the main point, community and interaction.

2) Building on that, the community aspects are the regular chat functions, being able to exchange gifts and items, choosing places to stay, even raising Djinn (great suggestion, Xelina).

Interaction should be encouraged - I'm seeing weekly "events" or challenges, perhaps scavenger hunts from time to time, issuing challenges to people for mini-games...

---
                            I know that isn't very detailed (I'll add in more later), but I would best explain it as a real-time GSSF community. Imagine all the members here, instead of being limited to posts and topics, moving around and interacting... and to continue the analogy, imagine that each building you enter is a "topic" on the forum, and everything you do in there is a "post", your entry of what you're doing.

#14   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:49 PM

Themed buildings sounds like a wonderful idea. Everything from a video game room to a debate room!

#15   Legendary Dragon of Golden Sun 

• Squire
                              • Pip
                                • Interests:Dinosaurs, Dragons, the Halo Series, Golden Sun series and many more things!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:30 AM

Fighting Monsters, team up with other players, do missions, play mini games, battle each other, use spells, weapons, equipment, djinn and summons as well. As well as Level up too, pretty much like any RPG game.

#16   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

GSW isn't going to be an RPG, people. But I guess if you want it to be, this is the topic to say so.

#17   Focus 

• New User

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 1 2007, 12:20 PM, said:

GSW isn't going to be an RPG, people. But I guess if you want it to be, this is the topic to say so.

I defenitly want it to be! cause GS Ownzz hard and i would like a game wich is quit the same, or at least a bit xD

that brings me to a question, is it sure that GS 3 is coming or not?

#18   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

No, GS3 won't be for a while, IF ever. Don't get too hopeful.

The thing is, Max has already started some groundwork for GSW. From my impression of what I played, it might have some RPG elements in the future, but it won't be an online RPG. It's an interactive chatroom.

#19   Focus 

• New User

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 1 2007, 02:17 PM, said:

No, GS3 won't be for a while, IF ever. Don't get too hopeful.

The thing is, Max has already started some groundwork for GSW. From my impression of what I played, it might have some RPG elements in the future, but it won't be an online RPG. It's an interactive chatroom.

hmm, thats a bit a dissepointment, as long as you guys do make the mini-games and some more extra's, it might become fun after all :P

and i dont even know if its possible to make the things i mentioned xD I will see whats it going to be :D

#20   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if there was a rankings system involved for the different mini-games - perhaps having some list of titles or points for different achievements, perhaps "badges" even.

It all comes down to what these mini-games are, since the general consensus seems to be that people want some sort of game-related events to do in GSW, in addition to it being an interactive online chatroom.

#21   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                            • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

GSW needs to be more than an interactive chatroom. There should at least be some sort of single player adventure, perhaps more quest-orientated than a whole storyline. Even RPG elements wouldn't be necessary; a simple puzzle challenge or 'detective' mission could be a lot of fun if executed well. Co-op potential would be a brilliant addition, and would fit in better with the chatroom theme.

If I'm going to be playing GSW regularly, I want it to deliver on a different level than GSSF can alone. I want to be able to achieve some sort of in-game status; something to compare with other players.

I also want a bucket of candy and a Lotus Elise. Thank you.

#22   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:00 AM

I wouldn't want GSW to be an MMOPRG, at least now when it is first released. The chats and mini-games are what I'm looking forward to, and I'm sure most people at GSSF feel the same... Right?

#23   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:35 AM

Although a goldensun themed MMORPG sounds like a great anmd wonderful idea, I don't want GSW to turn into one. That, and there's a WHOLE lot of copyright infringement to jump over/through/on/under just to make it legal. Not to mention makeing an MMORPG, if goldensun themed, would be expensive due to legal issues, and would take a lot longer to make than an interactive chat room/world.

Basically, I can see where people are coming from saying that they want GSW to be an RPG adventure/quest type thing, but that's just not what it is.

Think of it like these forums in virtual reality. Imagine that if you put on some funked out helmet, you'd be "transported" into a virtual room with a lot of other people. You would talk, wouldn't you? Sure, there's the possibility to make it into an MMORPG, but personally, minigames and chatting are what I'm looking for.

But I still want a battle arena. ;D

#24   PDM 

• Disciple
                                                  • AKA lifeform288

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

1. The server tests were great. I'd be happy with the same thing as those.

2. Additional mini-games, more prizes, a bigger environment (perhaps a few real maps from GS.) and a better login screen.

#25   Viridian Tiger 

• Gallant
                                                  • PipPipPip
                                                    • Location:Far away from somewhere
                                                    • Interests:Manga, art, games, T.V, friends, music, etc.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

GSW sure sounds interesting! A battle arena would be awesome, as well as some mini-games.( Umm.. probably like the Tolbi/Lemuria Fountain minigame. Toss in a coin or lucky medal to get a prize!)

#26   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                                                      • Location:Your local pharmacist
                                                      • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

1. I'd like to see GSW as an interactive chatroom, but with slight puzzle elements that made the games awesome.

2. As for getting on, it would be mainly for chat. Maybe play a few minigames, but I'd be fine with just wandering around a map talking to people. For a puzzle, you could throw in a ice sliding puzzle or two and I''d be happy. You know, solve this puzzle, get a reward, like a minigame or special item. I'm not big on the battle or single player aspect, but I wouldn't really mind if people want to have it. The direction the server tests were going in is awesome. And the apartment idea is pretty cool. Having contests like GL said would keep me checking back for anything new...That's about all I have to say.

#27   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                        • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                        • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                        • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:37 AM

Toasty, making a Flash game out of GBA sprites is hardly a copyright infringement.

#28   Toasty 

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

It's the name split. The name is copyrighted, so if you use Golden Sun ______ as a title, and whatever it is is related to the games, then it infringes the copyright.

About a year or so ago, Nintendo cracked down on a bunch of fangames and even fanfiction. Pluss One Productions was worried about it in 2006, but luckily, they weren't targeted.

#29   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                            • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

With that logic "Golden Sun World" is infringement.

#30   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
                                                            • PipPipPipPip
                                                              • Joined: 03-September 04
                                                              • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

1. An Interactive World where you can relive the Golden Sun experience.

2. What I have imagined GSW to be is sorta like a MMORPG. a place where users can fight eachother, play mini games, and do things like quests. Like having the four lighthouses as dungeons where you can fight monsters, Different towns like Vale and things like that to buy equipment. Just things like that.

#31   Toasty 

• Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 6 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

With that logic "Golden Sun World" is infringement.

If it wasn't designated for public use, then it wouldn't be. But technically, it is.
                                                                Doesn't me I don't want to see it finished though.

#32   spamslayer 

• New User
                                                                  • Joined: 11-August 04

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

1. A world where users can relive the Golden Sun experience but with no forced storyline.
                                                                  2. Hope this is not as long as others. and Max did say list so:
                                                                  a) puzzles, perhaps a series of "dungeons" that a user has to pass to get to the next level. (see explanation below list for more)
                                                                  :P shop to buy gear, maybe new psynergy skills (certain skills only available to those who have gotten so far in the dungeon levels)
                                                                  c) maybe be able to buy a room =] (more about this below)
                                                                  d) bank? =]
                                                                  OK, thats enough. 4 is a nice number, don't want too much for you to read.

Explanation of A:
                                                                  There will be a cave somewhere in the wilderness or something. when you go to the cave a window will come up asking what level of the dungeon you want to go to. (Design: maybe a list of 4 thumbnails across and scroll down, or 8 per screen and have tabs or numbers to see others) you can select which dungeon you want to enter. you have to start at dungeon 1, after it is completed then you can go to 2, etc. after you leave you will be able to come back and start at the dungeon level you left off at. for completing dungeon puzzles you get a small cash prize to buy items in the shop or save in the bank to buy a room in a hotel/house

Explanation of C:
                                                                  probably an INN building. to "check in" you have to pay. checking in will buy you a room that you can customize (maybe an ingame editor for map? not the base layer just the next layers like bed, dresser, etc.) after you have paid the inn keeper the gold for a room then you can come back any time and "check in" with no fee. there will be an option to go to your room (maybe a closet for holding items after your inventory is full) or you can customize your room, allowing you to edit the map, move the bed, etc. to let other people see your room you can send them an invitation to your room. they can then go to the innkeeper, window comes up with their room options on 1 tab and invitations to someone elses room on another tab. they can go inside the room.
                                                                  During the invite process the owner of the room can set a time period of how long the visitor can stay in the room, ex: expires in 1 week, after that week user will not be able to enter the room.

I could explain more on these 2. maybe draw a few pictures to make it a little more clear. =]

#33   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                    • Posts: 11,988
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

I understood. Your idea for the Inn/Apartments is really good, the best suggestion for how to implement personal rooms I've seen so far, (you really go into detail) particularly for invites.

With dungeons, I think that's something that should be developed a bit later in GSW's life. Dungeons could be a little hard to code and could take while to iron out any glitches. I'd rather see smaller things like mini games, a working trade system between players, items and prizes, and rooms first.

#34   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                      • Posts: 6,607
                                                                      • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                      • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Great suggestions spamslayer - Max, definitely give that a good read-through.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to have people use Psynergy in the overworld (main game environment) to interact with objects... better yet, imagine spamslayer's idea of customizing your rooms, and moving objects around with the "Move" psynergy to put everything into place.

#35   Toasty 

• Posts: 12,421
                                                                        • Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

Or, maybe you have to obtain a certain psyenergy to access other places on the map. Kind of like how you needed the force orb to get the masamune in GS2, but instead of an item, it's just more of the map that you haven't been able to access before.

But at first, I don't want to see anything complicated like that. I just want a map where you can walk around and talk to people, and maybe play a mini game or two. The other stuff can come later.

#36   Jai 

• Knight
                                                                        • PipPip
                                                                          • Posts: 83
                                                                          • Joined: 05-April 05
                                                                          • Location:Need to know basis only
                                                                          • Interests:E mail me and I'll telll you (if your a female) Im also African American

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

As long as GSW still has the teleport glitch, Max can throw in as many bells and whistles until his hearts contents. :P

#37   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • Posts: 3,462
                                                                            • Joined: 20-August 06
                                                                            • Location:Things. Also!
                                                                            • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:00 AM

View PostMr.T, on Aug 6 2007, 11:39 PM, said:

If it wasn't designated for public use, then it wouldn't be. But technically, it is.
                                                                            Doesn't me I don't want to see it finished though.

Chances are, seeing as I know this has been in the making for at LEAST 3 years, Nintendo is most likely to have already heard about it.

#38   Viridian Tiger 

• Gallant
                                                                            • PipPipPip
                                                                              • Posts: 174
                                                                              • Joined: 03-August 07
                                                                              • Location:Far away from somewhere
                                                                              • Interests:Manga, art, games, T.V, friends, music, etc.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

I wonder what Nintendo thinks about it if they did see it. They haven't interfered so far. Hmm......

#39   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • Posts: 4,671
                                                                                • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                                • Location:...
                                                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

They won't see this. Simple as that.

#40   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

I can't speak for Max of course, but I remember him saying that he knew for a fact that someone from Camelot had visited the GSW site.

#41   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • Posts: 3,462
                                                                                    • Joined: 20-August 06
                                                                                    • Location:Things. Also!
                                                                                    • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

See? They know that this is most likely to attract more people when it's finished and more people then ever will be beggining for a new Golden Sun. Even more then there IS mind you.

If we get a new GS, we might have to praise Max.

#42   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

Here's the actual post.

View PostMax, on Feb 15 2005, 04:41 PM, said:

I know for a fact that some NOA staffers visit the site occasionally

#43   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Posts: 4,671
                                                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                                        • Location:...
                                                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

Woops, my mistake.

#44   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Well, okay, that was Nintendo of America, but ya know...

#45   Max 

• Administrator
                                                                                            • Posts: 1,837
                                                                                            • Joined: 26-January 04
                                                                                            • Location:Philadelphia

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

Yes, Cindy and I are aware of at least one NOA staff member who has visited our sites. The regularity of these visits is unknown, but they did contact us once, long ago. However, I ask that everyone please get back on topic, and simply refrain from posting unless you have a response to the original questions.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic